• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. Kirby(Complete for now)

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Oh, well. I must admit I love using rock as an edge guarding tool against several characters.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
For some reason I've always managed to hit Kirby out of his fair with just a nair. The priority must be slightly higher.

/contribution

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't severely overrate his Bair. Fair DOES NOT out range his Bair, and Turnips will be killed upon reaction. Kirby won't be spamming Bair mindlessly. He's going to use it accordingly. If you have a turnip in hand, he'll wait for it. If you don't throw it, he can still out range you. You need to perfect shield them to have a guaranteed punish.

This match up is definitely not 60:40.
Fair does outrange it, its start-up is simply much slower. You also forget that Peach's Fair is a sweep and Kirby's Bair is much more vertical. Vertical spacing helps a lot in this match-up. About turnips, they force a reaction, which is good, and you are also safe.

:053:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Fair does outrange it, its start-up is simply much slower. You also forget that Peach's Fair is a sweep and Kirby's Bair is much more vertical. Vertical spacing helps a lot in this match-up. About turnips, they force a reaction, which is good, and you are also safe.

:053:
Even then, when you use the turnip to force a reaction you're both still in the same position. :(

Sorry, my mistake. I'll test Fair vs. Bair again. :|

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
You must be a terrible person or something. If you Rock Peach while she's recovering, she does up which makes recovering easier; if you DAir, BAir or aerialHammer she dies.
I lol'd. At 140%ish it kills Peach and Peach literally has no options other than guess when he's gonna rock before she parasol's. I must be a terrible person or something for saying something that might be wrong in a video game, way to make things personal *******.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I lol'd. At 140%ish it kills Peach and Peach literally has no options other than guess when he's gonna rock before she parasol's. I must be a terrible person or something for saying something that might be wrong in a video game, way to make things personal *******.
Sure you can use it @ 140~%s but @ some point you have to condsider DAir>Footstool to be the safest option if Peach is in a position that she's rock'able.
I'm sure this above quote says you can use it @ 140~%s. Also, it's still not a safer option than reading the recovery and reacting w/ BAir, aerialHammer, DAir. Also this second quote came before your most recent post.

**** ain't personal until you want it to be personal; because in case you didn't get the memo: This is the internet. Anonymity is the name of the game. Buuuuuut since I am a moderately successful troll, I'll throw you a bone.

You're wrong. I'm more right, so I'm righter. My right is more right than your's and since we need one right and one wrong, your's is wrong. Valid reasoning is valid.

Edit: Lolz, but you're the Peach main and I'm the Kirby main so you must be right, right?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
We are here to better both of our Meta-Games.

Just give your points and if they can be contradicted with proof, then so be it. Other than that, no flaming please.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Peachgaurd- >_> He started it.

@ Peach discussion: In contradiction to an above post: BAir is for horizontal spacing, not vertical.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
@ Peachgaurd- >_> He started it.

@ Peach discussion: In contradiction to an above post: BAir is for horizontal spacing, not vertical.
Aww, c'mon. Please.

Both say you're sorry.. As long as it has a piece of the MU attached to it.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Peachgaurd- I don't wanna flam3 or clog up your board so I'll take it to PM if he wants to continue.

To contribute to the MU discussion: Yoshi's Island brawl is like...the greatest stage for Kirby against Peach IMO. The middle platform slants allowing rock attempts that end w/ the slant sliding Kirby away from Peach or towards her for a surprise hit. The slanted edges means we can rock and slide off which is an effective edgegaurd. All you have to do is cancel it early and FC back on stage. If Kirb decides to Kirbicide, DIing towards the corner allows Kirby to win and Peach to die unless the random ghost thing pops out; on other stages they'd both die. (Rock is actually worth using on this stage is my point. Also FC projectile angles and is good for edgegaurding as well).

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
I thought you were the one who called me a terrible person.

Sorry I must've read that post by you wrong. Rock's a KO move, and it works well cuz it leaves the Peach with little options especially if she's recovering low.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
@ Peachgaurd- I don't wanna flam3 or clog up your board so I'll take it to PM if he wants to continue.

To contribute to the MU discussion: Yoshi's Island brawl is like...the greatest stage for Kirby against Peach IMO. The middle platform slants allowing rock attempts that end w/ the slant sliding Kirby away from Peach or towards her for a surprise hit. The slanted edges means we can rock and slide off which is an effective edgegaurd. All you have to do is cancel it early and FC back on stage. If Kirb decides to Kirbicide, DIing towards the corner allows Kirby to win and Peach to die unless the random ghost thing pops out; on other stages they'd both die. (Rock is actually worth using on this stage is my point. Also FC projectile angles and is good for edgegaurding as well).
God that's interesting.. I've been killed by sliding rock before off that platform. lmfaoo

I've never been Kirbycided on Yoshi's before.

Peach fsmash counters Kirby.
Yes. Just not the Pan.

I thought you were the one who called me a terrible person.

Sorry I must've read that post by you wrong. Rock's a KO move, and it works well cuz it leaves the Peach with little options especially if she's recovering low.
It's hard for me to argue this. I feel the same way, pretty much.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Yes. Just not the Pan.
Actually, stutter-stepped fsmashes, including the Pan, will hit Kirby if he just keeps bairing simply because it puts his foot in the area the weapon will be swung. It has less room for error, yes, but by no means is the Frying Pan useless and leaves us open.

Though if you ARE going to cycle out one, it'd be the one that'd make the most sense.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Actually, stutter-stepped fsmashes, including the Pan, will hit Kirby if he just keeps bairing simply because it puts his foot in the area the weapon will be swung. It has less room for error, yes, but by no means is the Frying Pan useless and leaves us open.

Though if you ARE going to cycle out one, it'd be the one that'd make the most sense.
Now that makes me wonder... I can just use Shutter step to cycle out the pan, and save my Racket and Golf Club for a standard K.O..

Think that's viable?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Dtilt is underrated.

My friend uses it a lot more than other Kirby mains do and it's hard to punish it OoS. He only Dtilts on shield.

ChuyISChewy

Smash Apprentice
Laredo, Texas (population = 2 SSBB players)
Kirby's Dtilt is broken in this matchup.
50% Chance of tripping your opponent? WHY NOT ABUSE THIS?!
Against Peach it's amazing.
Practically a free kill.
PEACH CAN GET KILLED(If not DIed properly) IF TRIPPED AND FSMASHED BY KIRBY NEAR THE LEDGE. (60%+)
This plus it can lead to another Fthrow/Dthrow chain.
She can't grab, throw turnips at you while crouching. (You're going to be near her obviously)

There's not many Kirby's who abuse his Dtilt. It's one of the best dtilts in the game. \: (That CAN be followed up by a lot.)

All the Kirby user has to do is keep a clear mind and not approach mindlessly with Bair's & Grabs.
True. Kirby has to approach., but it's all a mindgame. If the Peach camps, all Kirby has to do is bait her out/Keep distance and punish when Peach-

1.Spams turnips: Wait for the right timing. If the Peach Main knows her ATs well. approaching when she takes out her turnips might not turn out so well. Try to be unpredictable. (Learn to PS her turnips). When Near Peach-(She'll probably glide toss her turnip at you) ABUSE DTILT. If she trips or not. You'll have a opening for a grab/Dashattack.

2.Uses Dair: Time this well.. when she's off the ground...
A.Try to beat her to it with a bair.
B.(If she does Dair multiple times) Try to row away/keep distance and shield her incoming fair/Nair>Slap>Slap/Grab/Dash attack. Try to time a grab right before she lands(You'll grab her even if she does a Fair) or after her 1st slap. You'll probably get hit but get the grab. :3
C.Try to get to the direction she's not facing in her float and bair. 0: (Common sense)
D.(If you get caught)You can also SDI behind her when you're in her dair and counter it with a uair/bair.

3.Spams Ftilt/fmsash/Dtilt(slide)>Fsmash when you try to approach her.
1.Make it a guessing game. Mix your approaches.
A random jab here and there CAN give you an opening for anything. xD (ChuDat)

I'm not saying Kirby has the Favor in this MU. But its DEFINITELY NOT 60:40 Peach's favor.
I would say it's even. Though, as most Kirby's don't know how to approach a good Peach, I can see why it's in her favor.

Lol. I'm the almighty Kirby he's talking about. :3

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Kirby's Dtilt is broken in this matchup.
50% Chance of tripping your opponent? WHY NOT ABUSE THIS?!
Against Peach it's amazing.
Practically a free kill.
PEACH CAN GET KILLED(If not DIed properly) IF TRIPPED AND FSMASHED BY KIRBY NEAR THE LEDGE. (60%+)
This plus it can lead to another Fthrow/Dthrow chain.
She can't grab, throw turnips at you while crouching. (You're going to be near her obviously)

There's not many Kirby's who abuse his Dtilt. It's one of the best dtilts in the game. \: (That CAN be followed up by a lot.)

All the Kirby user has to do is keep a clear mind and not approach mindlessly with Bair's & Grabs.
True. Kirby has to approach., but it's all a mindgame. If the Peach camps, all Kirby has to do is bait her out/Keep distance and punish when Peach-

1.Spams turnips: Wait for the right timing. If the Peach Main knows her ATs well. approaching when she takes out her turnips might not turn out so well. Try to be unpredictable. (Learn to PS her turnips). When Near Peach-(She'll probably glide toss her turnip at you) ABUSE DTILT. If she trips or not. You'll have a opening for a grab/Dashattack.

2.Uses Dair: Time this well.. when she's off the ground...
A.Try to beat her to it with a bair.
B.(If she does Dair multiple times) Try to row away/keep distance and shield her incoming fair/Nair>Slap>Slap/Grab/Dash attack. Try to time a grab right before she lands(You'll grab her even if she does a Fair) or after her 1st slap. You'll probably get hit but get the grab. :3
C.Try to get to the direction she's not facing in her float and bair. 0: (Common sense)
D.(If you get caught)You can also SDI behind her when you're in her dair and counter it with a uair/bair.

3.Spams Ftilt/fmsash/Dtilt(slide)>Fsmash when you try to approach her.
1.Make it a guessing game. Mix your approaches.
A random jab here and there CAN give you an opening for anything. xD (ChuDat)

I'm not saying Kirby has the Favor in this MU. But its DEFINITELY NOT 60:40 Peach's favor.
I would say it's even. Though, as most Kirby's don't know how to approach a good Peach, I can see why it's in her favor.

Lol. I'm the almighty Kirby he's talking about. :3
Yes you are. And thanks for the awesome input.

Happy Birthday btw.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Uh,...since when do Peach mains not float?

I cn see how OoS when Peach is grounded attacking but it's situational and that's why it's 'underrated'; not because it's not a good move, but rather because (and I'm only speaking in this MU) it's not as useful.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Uh,...since when do Peach mains not float?

I cn see how OoS when Peach is grounded attacking but it's situational and that's why it's 'underrated'; not because it's not a good move, but rather because (and I'm only speaking in this MU) it's not as useful.
You'd be surprised then.

It's not really that situational at all. Peach doesn't float as much is the MU just at the fact that Kirby can jump higher. Kirby being higher than Peach already forces her to keep grounded. Peach should be ground floating more or short hop to float if Kirby comes in with a grab/ ground attack.

Kirby isn't just going to run up and Dtilt, unless he's punishing a turnip pull or a landing.

gantrain05

Smash Master
my training partner for a year and a half was pro kirby, this MU isn't as bad as it seems, but trust me i used to pull my hair out from it too, basically it just comes down to a few key points.

never approach kirby, u have no need to, throw turnips alllllll daaaaaaay loooooong. if he's trying his usual Bair mixups, this is where u have to work on your reaction speed, if he throws a retreating bair, if u see it IMMEDIATELY throw out a Bair right back at him, it will beat it every single time and if u space right he's going to have one hell of a time avoiding it, and if u do it enough, it may even make him paranoid and he'll stop spamming that infernal attack.

another thing is to try is short hop retreating Dairs and Fairs, your safe with either one, but the Dairs will punish his ground approaches and Fairs, properly spaced, will be almost impossible for kirby to punish, and alot of the times if he Bairs it you will trade hits, which imo, is not a bad deal at all.

i know Fsmash/Ftilt works but in my experience its always been punishable, i find it better to stay mobile and react to his attacks that way rather than trying to predict an approach and Fsmash at it.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Weeeelllll, since it's only the Peach and Kirby that play each other from TX that are saying DTilt is amazing; I'll withhold judgement til a validating comment from someone else seconds it.

Anyone?

gantrain05

Smash Master
i call it how i see it lol. if i offend people oh well i guess, they can cry about someone saying mean hurtful things on the internet.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
wait, kirby's Dtilt? against peach? the peach would have to be ******** to get hit with that lol.
Well, I guess I'm a ****** then. Even then, that stays. I feel that you all are looking at the move too one sided. You're not really looking at what can cause you to get hit by it.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yeah like kirby's ground moves can poke at peach. easily when he approaches on the ground with his shield which he'll be able to do if you have a turnip in hand. turnips are a slow moving projectile + kirby is short.

it means that powershielding + punish is easy and that if he's close enough to dtilt or whatev turnips oos can fly over his head.

if you take to the air you have to be quick about it b/c he can read it and bair/fair/fsmash on reaction.

that's why ya gotta be fast and decisive against this little ****er so he can't catch you haha.

tl;dr: kirby's dtilt can definitely land on peach.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
yeah like kirby's ground moves can poke at peach. Easily when he approaches on the ground with his shield which he'll be able to do if you have a turnip in hand. Turnips are a slow moving projectile + kirby is short.

It means that powershielding + punish is easy and that if he's close enough to dtilt or whatev turnips oos can fly over his head.

If you take to the air you have to be quick about it b/c he can read it and bair/fair/fsmash on reaction.

That's why ya gotta be fast and decisive against this little ****er so he can't catch you haha.

Tl;dr: Kirby's dtilt can definitely land on peach.
thank you.

<3

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I think that if the majority, who from what it looks like may have more experience in the MU over a larger pool of opponents, agrees that DTilt isn't that great in this MU because it's dependent on a Peach being grounded near Kirby long enough to get DTilted then it's your opinion and should be advised as such. Basically I'm saying in the MU summary you should let it be known that it is YOUR opinion that DTilt is great in this MU or feasible often enough to warrant mention in the MU summary.

But that's just IMO. If I see more opportunity to use DTIlt than I personally might change my opinion but it isn't lookin' like it.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Well it looks like there's a fair amount of opinion in both directions but I still feel it's situational and if you're DTilting there's prolly a better option (and if Peach's @ high percents chances are Kirby won't even get the opportunity)

Top Bottom