• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Peach Tactical Discussion: Frame data in first post!

Nananana_BATMAN!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nananana_B4TM4N
I'm not sure if this has already been discovered, I don't have time to check before posting, but with Peach's Turnip lag cancel thing she can immediately break out of hitstun.

Again, if this is already known, my apologies.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm not sure if this has already been discovered, I don't have time to check before posting, but with Peach's Turnip lag cancel thing she can immediately break out of hitstun.

Again, if this is already known, my apologies.
It is, but I haven't seen a lot posted about it as to its usages. We're discussing TLC in the Peach AT thread, though I'll probably change the topic soon since it hasn't been posted in for a while

Nananana_BATMAN!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nananana_B4TM4N
It is, but I haven't seen a lot posted about it as to its usages. We're discussing TLC in the Peach AT thread, though I'll probably change the topic soon since it hasn't been posted in for a while
Alright, thanks for the reply.

Wasn't sure if it had been discovered and had, like, an adreniline rush. Lol.

It could be used for escaping combos I would assume, it sends you really far in the direction hit.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I went to a tournament today and 4th out 52 players. I haven't been playing very much but I just played knowing peach and learning as I went. I lost to a Sonic and a Samus. Both mu seem very annoying to play against but I'm sure I would have done better if I just played more calmly and not try to rush it. Just play to punish. Why isn't there a results thread yet?

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Ultima 3

Smash Cadet
Peach can instant turnip lag cancel with heavy vegetables.
Guess one of that customs downsides just dissapeared.

She can chase if the kedge and just throw a heavy turnip, most likely KOing them considering its knockback

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So after the update, Peach is nerfed now. As we know, all float aerials now stale, ledge turnip cancel is out, toss canceling is gone, and Peach's 0-Death combo no longer works. It can only be performed once at low percents, afterwards, Nair after Footstool knocks the opponent into the air.

EDIT: It seems the combo is still in. Confirmation is needed.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8

Unfinished drama data of all chars. For now it only contains start-up, hitbox duration and knockback data. I doesn not provide any data on specials either.

As for her Frama Data, there's nothing really special except for her Nair hitting on frame 5 instead of frame 3, which means that it doesnt break combos as well as before, and Dair > Nair is unsafer now. Characters with fast Usmashes, Utilts, UpBs or Nairs should be able to interrupt it. This explains why ZSS can Utilt between Dair > Nair now.

Last edited:

Twinkie Toadstool

Smash Rookie
Honestly I never really use them and if I do then barely. I approuch with floated dair or flower Bomber or regular Bomber. Flower Bomber actually has its uses like when they're close they're either gonna get flower Bomber stringed or get their sheild broken. 3 consecutive bombers makes the flower hard to shake off and it can do like 40 damage. Also peach Bomber is already fast this is even faster. I thought it sucked but u guys should try using it.

Also just to Add in I just love it in for glory when they don't expect an Usmash, fair, or Ssmash to kill at 80%

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Finally got my hands on the WiiU version today. So good. <3

Nintendo patched the Turnip shenanigans so that the opponent is sent away from a D-throw Turnip.
However, the N-air lock and insta-regrab > throw combos are still possible! Just need some slight variations as to how they are performed. The N-air lock is definitely more difficult, but the insta-throw combos are easier - you can't finish with an U-smash now, though (F-smash is just as good). Also D-throw Turnip > F-air works really well again from low-mid percents and kills before 100%.

Also, I'm working on a Peachy combo tutorial and would like it to be as extensive as possible. If anyone knows of any Peach combos, let me know - I'll be sure to give credit in the video. All her combo starter moves seem to be D-tilt, F-tilt, D-air, B-air, U-air, N-air, D-throw and Turnip. I'll also include useful setups even if they're not true combos, so let me know if you have any ideas. =)

busken

Smash Ace

Nintendo patched the Turnip shenanigans so that the opponent is sent away from a D-throw Turnip.
However, the N-air lock and insta-regrab > throw combos are still possible! Just need some slight variations as to how they are performed. The N-air lock is definitely more difficult, but the insta-throw combos are easier - you can't finish with an U-smash now, though (F-smash is just as good). Also D-throw Turnip > F-air works really well again from low-mid percents and kills before 100%.

Also, I'm working on a Peachy combo tutorial and would like it to be as extensive as possible. If anyone knows of any Peach combos, let me know - I'll be sure to give credit in the video. All her combo starter moves seem to be D-tilt, F-tilt, D-air, B-air, U-air, N-air, D-throw and Turnip. I'll also include useful setups even if they're not true combos, so let me know if you have any ideas. =)

I pretty much never played peach before and even though I have done extensive reading of competitive guides, combos, and killing moves it's still pretty much foreign to me. So I would like to ask you a favor. Since you are already planning to do a Peach combo video, I would like you to make a guide on everything about her, but actually applying it. For example you can break down the video in parts like basic things to know, approach, spacing, turnips, floating, edge guarding, matchups and combos. Then you take a good example of a match you played, and explain how you did the things you taught. For example, let's say the first video or first part you made was on combos. You would explain how you got the intial grab, dair, etc and then proceed to actually performing the combo. I know this is a lot but I saw some of your other videos and they were really good. This would be really helpful to a lot of us.

Sugar Cookie

Smash Rookie
So if heavy turnips can be lagged cancelled then I might use it. It seems interesting

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Ok, recently I've been playing Peach in Smash 4 and been loving her. She was my secondary in Brawl so I've had some previous experience, but something about her now feels so much more.... satisfying than before. Hitting with Turnips, DSmash, FSmash, Fair, Bair, and Uair is just so fun, and DAir is still as ridiculous as ever. I still have a TON of room for improvement, but that's why I'm trying to practice more often.

Anyways, I have two questions about turnips. First - how often / when do you guys pluck turnips? I know it's pretty dependent on the MU, but in general when are you doing so? Especially against faster characters, I find that the additional time it takes to pluck a turnips gives my opponent a chance to get in with a Dash attack / projectiles, which is really annoying. I guess what I'm really asking is do you find yourself plucking less turnips than you did in Brawl, or do I just need to play her more and get used to the additional time it takes to pluck turnips this time around?

Secondly, a more basic question - is there anywhere I can find how much damage her different turnips do? I know dot eyes and stitch but I'd like to know the rest.

On a final note, have you guys been finding DSmash a lot more useful this time around? Maybe it's just because people are rolling more, but I find DSmash a ton of fun to use when before in Brawl I found it quite average.

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have the frame data for Peach's grab? Is it the same as Brawl or faster?

--

Secondly, a more basic question - is there anywhere I can find how much damage her different turnips do? I know dot eyes and stitch but I'd like to know the rest.
I believe the most damage an ordinary turnip will do is 12%, while the winking face turnip can do 16%.
The least damage is 5% and 9%, respectively.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Anyways, I have two questions about turnips. First - how often / when do you guys pluck turnips? I know it's pretty dependent on the MU, but in general when are you doing so? Especially against faster characters, I find that the additional time it takes to pluck a turnips gives my opponent a chance to get in with a Dash attack / projectiles, which is really annoying. I guess what I'm really asking is do you find yourself plucking less turnips than you did in Brawl, or do I just need to play her more and get used to the additional time it takes to pluck turnips this time around?
Try to never be punished for pulling a turnip. It's not an action you're ever forced into. Usually after a hit (and chasing the hit isn't worth it for whatever reason) and when edguarding. It should definitely be something your doing less than before - especially since ledgepulling is gone.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have the frame data for Peach's grab? Is it the same as Brawl or faster?

--

I believe the most damage an ordinary turnip will do is 12%, while the winking face turnip can do 16%.
The least damage is 5% and 9%, respectively.
Try to never be punished for pulling a turnip. It's not an action you're ever forced into. Usually after a hit (and chasing the hit isn't worth it for whatever reason) and when edguarding. It should definitely be something your doing less than before - especially since ledgepulling is gone.
Thank you both for the help. I think I need to stop pulling turnips right before I'm about to approach, because depending on the character and how far away they are, it can give them a chance to punish.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Thank you both for the help. I think I need to stop pulling turnips right before I'm about to approach, because depending on the character and how far away they are, it can give them a chance to punish.
Might as well say "hold up a sec".

Peaches & Cake

Smash Rookie
I don't use turnips that much. I only use them against MUs where they're important like Megaman.

With customs its another story since I use the light veggie and the pulling time is brawl pulling time

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I haven't seen the video myself yet since I'm at work. If anyone is wondering why I'm basically using dair every second it's because the first game i lost quite solidly because of trying ground game and getting rested over and over.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Sorry if this is a noob question because I'm new to Peach, but what is TLC and how does one do it?
Turnip Lag Cancel. It WAS an AT where you could cancel virtually all landing lag by pressing Down B while holding a Turnip. However, it has been removed since the 1.04 patch.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Just came in to give my personal take on Peach

Love the changes! At least going from Brawl.

Ill always miss having a kill throw but having kills on Dash and Up Special is very interesting. Mainly the Up Special since it comes out fast and seems like it would be easiest to work into combos.

Speaking of Combos. Her down air is giving me really interesting results. It has different outcomes depending on your momentum on approach. For instance I have been having some really cool results from Fast Falling Down air to the ground causing a short bounce which can be reliably chained into her up Tilt and heck even a follow Chase down of Up Air (and possibly Up special)

I mean this is a punishment only setup since her down air has medium priority and isnt super safe. But hey if your opponent is using lag centric moves it makes for a great punish. Ill have to mess with is more since Im not sure how reliable it is but I know that of all my Down Air uses its seems to trigger a nice bounce on connection and moves well into up tilt.

Otherwise the balance trade offs are actually in Peaches favor for the most part. I lost some tools but gained others. Overall I am feeling right at home again with my Main.

Kento

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kento726
3DS FC
1203-9959-5718

Still trying to perfect this but I've been trying to do the

@0%
Dtilt > auto cancelled ground float fair > Side B> Dash> low jump fair x2

This was performed on a lvl 9 cpu. If done correctly, the CPU wouldn't react to jump away after the peach bomber hit.

Somebody else confirm this?

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Cool Combo!

Im thinking only the first few hits are guaranteed since the CPU doesnt seem to be teching the rest of it.

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
Hello everyone. I've mained Peach, since Melee (in PM, and alongside Falco in Brawl), and I have loved every version of her in smash... with the exception of this one. Not to say that I think shes bad (quite the opposite, actually!) but the way I play her (Dair and Fair heavy) doesn't seem to work well in Smash4. Mostly because Dair doesn't seem to link as easily and it's rather difficult to Autocancel Fair.

Pretty much, I may be taking Peach up as a 2nd this time around and I want to get started in honing her. Does she have any Bnbs? Any ATs that I should learn? Im aware ITP and TLP were patched, so I'm not concerned with them.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Here is my first recorded tournament game. Last weekend i got second at this.

Kyon (Peach) vs Hungrybox (Jiggs): http://youtu.be/lq4AMi8Iejg

This was game three.
Wow. Your Peach is excellent. I think I would have gone for more throws and Dtilts to mix things up (Also fast fall Dair to Utilt works great as an approach if you land behind them)

Very enjoyable match to watch. Great showcase of the Smash 4 Peach!

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Hello everyone. I've mained Peach, since Melee (in PM, and alongside Falco in Brawl), and I have loved every version of her in smash... with the exception of this one. Not to say that I think shes bad (quite the opposite, actually!) but the way I play her (Dair and Fair heavy) doesn't seem to work well in Smash4. Mostly because Dair doesn't seem to link as easily and it's rather difficult to Autocancel Fair.

Pretty much, I may be taking Peach up as a 2nd this time around and I want to get started in honing her. Does she have any Bnbs? Any ATs that I should learn? Im aware ITP and TLP were patched, so I'm not concerned with them.
Not sure if this is a bnb but I've used this since brawl and it combos. Dair to Fair does combo if you float in the correct direction. Just about anything and everything combos from dtilt. I usually try to do a well spaced nair so when the opponent drops the shield dtilt will start off the combo and you can get some damage. ftilt throw works on some. Down throw back air is a true combo I use that for my bnb when I get grabs.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So I feel platforms benefit her a LOT in this game, more than ever. It sets people up from Up Smashes but the best thing is how much she can harrass Peach with her aerials. Especially Uair is crazy, it bullies opponent to no end. And if customs end up being thing, her flying bomber will absolutely destroy.

Battlefield is a very good stage for her.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I do have to say when you go against top tiers like zss and captain falcon who can use platforms better, pick smashville because you'll never get down on battlefield against them. Against most other characters yeah battlefield is great.

Top Bottom