• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Peach Tactical Discussion: Frame data in first post!

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
club is great for people hanging around the edge at high percents
because the arc is greater you can swing that thing from a good distance away and nab them through the floor
gotten a few surprise kills that way

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I heard you guys like attack deadzones.

I was quite surprised when a ZSS standing right in front of me had the Fsmash pass right through her... so I had to test it myself and lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've noticed quite a few moves have weird deadzones on them on a few characters.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
It really sucks you cant float cancel saturns...thatd be so awesome ...fair to shield break guaranteed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm loving the Bob-omb and Stitchface pull rate, given that I'm still having trouble with KOing. I need to be way more vigilant for Stitchface though, I keep missing him due to the screen size haha.

Have you guys had success using anything for KOing besides Fair and Fsmash? I'm trying to get way more aggressive with my offstage play given her strength there, but it's a real struggle going against characters who can kill me at 80% with multiple moves when I have a hard time killing them until 140-150% or more with like two.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I'm loving the Bob-omb and Stitchface pull rate, given that I'm still having trouble with KOing. I need to be way more vigilant for Stitchface though, I keep missing him due to the screen size haha.

Have you guys had success using anything for KOing besides Fair and Fsmash? I'm trying to get way more aggressive with my offstage play given her strength there, but it's a real struggle going against characters who can kill me at 80% with multiple moves when I have a hard time killing them until 140-150% or more with like two.
U-smash and F-smash and F-air kill crazy early like at 80%
D-smash kills at 135% but it's not reliable
B-throw kills at 125% on the edge

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
Try to catch people recovering from the ledge with an up smash. It usually works because of the larger hitbox, and up smash is very powerful in this game. Dair helps to set up for aerials, and Fairs should kill your opponent reliably below and around the 100% range (I haven't pulled exact numbers for aerials yet). Remember how powerful Peach is in edgeguarding. Don't let them not fear you around the edge. Show 'em how powerful she is at recovering foes.

You shouldn't be dying at 80%, though. Peach is lightweight, but you should be surviving into the low hundred. Rage effect helps with nabbing kills slightly earlier too, so keep chugging until you can't anymore. As a general rule, don't throw away a stock or play less aware just because you're at high percent. Being vigilant actually tends to surprise the opponent, and I've easily nabbed one or two more stocks from opponents who got me up to 80% in my first stock and just can't seem to kill me. They get desperate, start throwing out sloppy moves in an attempt to stop the Peach train of destruction.
and that's when you take advantage.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Have you always been able to float right after a footstool? I'm sure you could in Brawl, I just never played Peach, but I do a similar thing with Lucas in PM with DJC so knowing it's possible to do it would be nice to know.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Have you always been able to float right after a footstool? I'm sure you could in Brawl, I just never played Peach, but I do a similar thing with Lucas in PM with DJC so knowing it's possible to do it would be nice to know.
Yea, you were always able to do that

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Thanks to her higher second jump and the rage mechanics, Down tilt to Up B or down tilt to Fair is a great way to get KO's around 100+% thanks to the large amount of hitstun it causes.

A fresh dash attack is also a great surpise finisher around 120+% with rage.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
I never thought Id be saying this, but pull out that toad every once in a while. Ive killed with him plenty of times already. Just dont overdo it or people will read you.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Thanks for the responses, guys! I'll definitely start working on all that.

I never thought Id be saying this, but pull out that toad every once in a while. Ive killed with him plenty of times already. Just dont overdo it or people will read you.
Yeah, I've been tossing in a Toad once in a while just to keep people guessing, since he's pretty strong in SSB4.

itrombe

Smash Cadet
NNID
itrombe
As someone without a whole lot of Smash experience before Smash4, I really really like how easy Peach is to play :D! She's the only character I've been able to do well with online.

I don't seem to find a lot of opportunities to use her up-air over any other attack; that plus habits using her float mechanic make going between playing Peach and other characters very weird.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
I love using her up air
if you get within distance it's hard for them to react
because the disjointed hitbox reaches pretty far

nice move to just throw in there once in a while

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
As someone without a whole lot of Smash experience before Smash4, I really really like how easy Peach is to play :D! She's the only character I've been able to do well with online.
... I completely disagree. In terms of difficulty I think her gameplan is way more complicated than Brawl. She's less frustrating to play with though since things actually kill now.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
without a c-stick
I find doing a dacus too difficult on the 3ds to incorporate at normal speeds
the input has to be extremely refined with the circle pad
that boosted up smash is pr sweet though

not a huge distance
but definitely enough to make a difference

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
So I've been finding that a lot of my comboes are not guaranteed. (though it also means is that I need to up my combo game) People can usually airdodge or counter out of the regular Dthrow -> Ftilt > aerieal combo and/or the Dtilt -> whatever. I've been finding that a good mixup is to charge an up smash. You'll be getting the sweet spot a lot since their above you and at slightly higher percents like 30-60 you can just do Dthrow -> up smash if they're still airdodging.

It is a mixup so don't go for it everytime, only if you find they're airdodging. If they don't you can just follow up with an aerial, or if they use their jump you might be able to get a mean up air juggle, and if they do a Nair or something just shield and repeat.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
the only guaranteed combo on every character off down throw
is at least one f-tilt
and a follow up aerial of course, if you can mobilize fast enough

some characters can get out of it easier though
ganondorf with his weight is due for two tilts
but he can actually down b and hit you for way more damage after the first ftilt
because it's an unconventional stall-then-fall

but when it comes to people trying to airdodge towards you
up smash is definitely the best option
so good on that
if they airdodge away from you
they have to do it before their second jump which means lag once they reach the ground, unless they time that **** perfectly
and if they do use their second jump like you said just nair em out
so d-throw to some follow up for early damage is guaranteed if you know your character well and can play your opponent!

Heilige Kip

Smash Rookie
I have some trouble when I get attacked from below. What are the best options if the enemy is below?

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
dair beats out a lot of up airs
and float pretty much baits out any aerial they may toss out
if you want to approach from above, make them whiff for the punish or just dair/spaced-or-tlc-fair on the way down

never just float directly above your opponent
just because you can doesn't mean you should
float has much better usage than making you a flying duck

you can also z-drop the turnip if they get wise to your tlc aerials
basically always approach floating with a turnip in hand at first

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I use the fire peach bomber custom and u can do
Dthrow to fair to Fire peach bomber

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Oh hey, did you guys know that Peach can grab ledge backwards from the parasol after you cancel it? Lets minimize those pesky SDs

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
it's unlikely you'd be able to recover if you problematically parasol'd the wrong way anyway
but it is good info, I appreciate you sharing

most of the time I screw up is below the stage and I input the direction too fast
peach still thinks she's goin one way and boom
the slow float of shame down off the screen

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
it depends on how helpful you think it will be

I created her killing percents thread more as a compendium of my own information
so that I could learn and wouldn't forget
and so that if anyone was interested they could see and share as well

so it's definitely not harmful if you do it
but you make it worthwhile if you do.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Can she roll cancel pivot grab? It gave zelda a grab with tether grab range

It's when u...
1. Dash
2. Roll the opposite well
3. Press A right away
If u hear the dodgeroll sound then u did it right

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Can she roll cancel pivot grab? It gave zelda a grab with tether grab range

It's when u...
1. Dash
2. Roll the opposite well
3. Press A right away
If u hear the dodgeroll sound then u did it right
Yes but it doesn't increase her grab that much more than a regular pivot grab like Zelda's does.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Does anyone else find they have 'off days'?

I just had the most horrendous experience vs someone on For Glory...even worse it was vs Ganondorf. Fred from France, whoever you are you're very good - I'm slightly salty about the lag since it's ****ing impossible to tech Flame Choke and punish offstage properly...

But seriously I just felt like I was getting bodied the entire time (even if I won the match), all my attacks were getting shielded, I couldn't seem to get in and was constantly being read and punished...does anyone have any advice for what to do if things aren't going well for you in a string of matches? :(

On a more general note, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to approach people with Peach. The new aerial landing lag and total lack of shield stun makes getting aerials in difficult and on the ground I'm having trouble too due to getting shield grabbed and Peach's grab being utter crap...I really really REALLY wish Peach's Dash Attack would actually connect properly rather than having the 1st hit knock them out of the way of the infinitely more useful 2nd hit :(

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings

I just had the most horrendous experience vs someone on For Glory...even worse it was vs Ganondorf. Fred from France, whoever you are you're very good - I'm slightly salty about the lag since it's ****ing impossible to tech Flame Choke and punish offstage properly...

But seriously I just felt like I was getting bodied the entire time (even if I won the match), all my attacks were getting shielded, I couldn't seem to get in and was constantly being read and punished...does anyone have any advice for what to do if things aren't going well for you in a string of matches? :(

On a more general note, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to approach people with Peach. The new aerial landing lag and total lack of shield stun makes getting aerials in difficult and on the ground I'm having trouble too due to getting shield grabbed and Peach's grab being utter crap...I really really REALLY wish Peach's Dash Attack would actually connect properly rather than having the 1st hit knock them out of the way of the infinitely more useful 2nd hit :(
Use peach bomber more because it's safe on shields and it can be a suprising approuch. Use floated dair to approuch since Ganondorfs utilt is just horrible and a smash can be easily punished. She also has turnips where she can throw one and when they should go and grab them. Dash attach actually connects well, I have no problem connecting it. peachs grab is actually decent. Have u seen wft grab? Anyways he must've been a really good Ganon, the matchup favors peach. It's like a 80-20

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Have u seen wft grab?
TRUE LIFE THOUGH. Which is sad because WFT's throws are decent.

Alternately though, you could take a break for a while, as playing while you're really frustrated won't help you out much. Or you could play doubles (which needs Team Attack on, WAT), and explore gameplay that way too. Doubles treats characters, notably Zelda and WFT from my experience, into really different albeit a little more campy playstyle

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Very much like in Brawl, when you have trouble in match-up it usually means you're not plucking enough turnips. Especially versus Ganondorf this helps a lot. Furthermore, shorthopped aerials (particularly Fair, but also Dair and Nair) are extremely useful and great zoning and spacing tools. Last, Dtilt is good because it has good horizontal range, almost no lag and her hitframe because small so you might sometimes even randomly avoid moves.

I don't think her grab is awful, it's kind of average. It's more that her running speed is slow, but I'm pretty sure her dash grab comes our very fast (it was the fastest dash grab for some reason in Brawl too, coming out at 6 which is the same as a normal grab).

Last, sometimes it's not something character specific but the other player simply reads you better than you read him. I have no doubt you are a smart player, but the Ganondorf player was probably pretty clever as well. Everybody has their off days, no worries :)

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, first off, as a Peach main, I'm finding it hard to switch between 2 mains because of having to adjust to a different playstyles very fast on the fly (something I'm not used to). So online for example, I was playing against Rosalina and I lost the first round due to SD'ing, but I was brutally winning the match overall. Second time I beat Rosalina and broke a tremendous amount of shields using such a simple combo, it's almost ridiculous (Ground Float > Fair > Toss Cancel > Side-B > repeat). I even managed to do all three taunts before Up-Smashing stunned Rosalina on her last stock. I really wish I saved the replay. Afterwards, I switched to Rosalina (my other main), and I had some difficulty adjusting because of the different playstyles, but I still managed to win in a mirror match.

Anyways, what are some good combos that are generally safe against fast players, like Sheik, Sonic maybe, etc. I find it a little difficult to approach them and get good combos on them (plus online lag gets in the way).

Side note: Peach still has a void under her dress in the Wii U version which is stupid because Palutena's undergarments show and Peach has always had her bloomers showing in previous games. It makes me think that if the Peach Amiibo still has the underwear but not in the game, that's just really dumb. Even if it bumped the rating to a T, it wouldn't matter anyways since it has been that way before.
(Maybe because the game is rated E10+, that's why they may have removed that appealing Fire Emblem character).

EDIT: I forgot to post this but I encountered an animation glitch 3 days ago that makes Peach's Parasol face behind her. I was using all attack equipment and custom moves by the way (Sleepy Toad and Light Veggie).

Front - Her hand is open as if she were still holding a Turnip.

Back

Up Special - Shortened hitbox since it's facing sideways

Fixed after plucking a Turnip

It's not really game breaking, but the only thing I found this useful for is (maybe) if you're recovering from the stage facing backwards so the hitbox on the Parasol acts a a barrier, or if you wanna get a small hit from someone recovering to the stage. Other than that, I don't see any use for this. I don't know how it happened but I think it has to do with losing the Turnip and using Up-B afterwards, maybe. Like I said I don't know how it happened, but plucking another Turnip fixed it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom