• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Peach Tactical Discussion: Frame data in first post!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You can tech those as soon as you hit the ground right?
No, it's inescapible. You cannot tech when you get footstooled. The soft Nair hit forces them to stand up, they cannot do a get-up attack or roll away. The combo is completely guaranteed, the only problem is that it's impossible to pull this off. This Peach player showed this combo on his live stream where he messed around with Peach in training for a hour or two/three and he tried to pull off this combo for at least 30 minutes He only managed to get the full combo like once (which is the one in the vid), and that's on a training dummy that doesn't even DI or something. This may be something to mess around with, but it looks too hard to execute effectively.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Can someone explain to me how fair and jab work in this game?

I am not good at autocancelling fair - nor have any idea how to do it.

Is single jabbing out? I'm trying to jab -> grab like in Brawl, but I can't seem to do that either.

@Dark.Pch @ M Meru. help me

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Can someone explain to me how fair and jab work in this game?

I am not good at autocancelling fair - nor have any idea how to do it.

Is single jabbing out? I'm trying to jab -> grab like in Brawl, but I can't seem to do that either.

@Dark.Pch @ M Meru. help me
It auto cancels about when she puts the crown on her head.

Jab canceling is still in but harder to do and yew have to be very precise

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Say, is it possible to get a free grab out of f-tilt?
Sometimes. On fastfall characters like that of captain falcon and greninja, yes. Specifically falcon. Against captain falcon, you can get a down throw ftilt into a regrab. Also, if you ftilt any character and they airdodge into the ground, you can get a grab, but chances are they will jump so you might wanna follow up with a u-air / up-b depending on the situation.

SpecialtySake

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crawfeesh
Sometimes. On fastfall characters like that of captain falcon and greninja, yes. Specifically falcon. Against captain falcon, you can get a down throw ftilt into a regrab. Also, if you ftilt any character and they airdodge into the ground, you can get a grab, but chances are they will jump so you might wanna follow up with a u-air / up-b depending on the situation.
Alright. I''ll do that. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. Anything else good out of down throw?

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Alright. I''ll do that. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. Anything else good out of down throw?
I'm gonna start by saying that you really should be using ftilt as a primary move to get combos, and especially not grab off of ftilt. To answer your question, off of down throw back air is the most reliable option and works the most. You need to read your opponents DI to determine if you need to short hop, double jump, bair or do a uair if they're above you. Also, if you read an airdodge you can get a free fair off of down throw.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
The more I play with Peach the more I realize how much we have not discovered yet.

Why are all of us not using Bair more often? This move is so amazing, shorthop Bair is probably one of the best spacing tools in the entire game. It's fast, safe, strong, has amazing range, you can do it out a dash... Mix it up with a floating Bair and her other aerials and you become a fast (or fasst hihihihi) wall of pain. It's our version of Diddy's Fair.

Next are turnips kill confirms. Shorthop turnip throw forward > floating Fair works for the kill. Float > cancel float towards opponent > turnip throw forward > land > dash attack works for the kill. Jump > turnip throw up > second jump Uair works for the kill. I feel we should use this more often.

I recently fought a Peach who was amazing at landing Usmash. This move is so strong and has much more range than it looks. It also probably her safest smash because it has a lot of shield stun, damage and pushback.

And then there's UpB. @ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces has been talking about this since the 3DS has been out UpB is a pretty solid option indeed. It's not something you'd want to use very often but it's fairly fast and if you don't throw it out too much, it's pretty unpredictable. It kills really well (it can kill lower than 100%!) and if you miss, you can sometimes still kill them with open parasol (open parasol does more knockback than the list hit of UpB).

This character has loads of potential to be unlocked yet!!

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I use up b after dtilt for kills and catching spot dodges for early kills.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
The more I play with Peach the more I realize how much we have not discovered yet.

Why are all of us not using Bair more often? This move is so amazing, shorthop Bair is probably one of the best spacing tools in the entire game. It's fast, safe, strong, has amazing range, you can do it out a dash... Mix it up with a floating Bair and her other aerials and you become a fast (or fasst hihihihi) wall of pain. It's our version of Diddy's Fair.

Next are turnips kill confirms. Shorthop turnip throw forward > floating Fair works for the kill. Float > cancel float towards opponent > turnip throw forward > land > dash attack works for the kill. Jump > turnip throw up > second jump Uair works for the kill. I feel we should use this more often.

I recently fought a Peach who was amazing at landing Usmash. This move is so strong and has much more range than it looks. It also probably her safest smash because it has a lot of shield stun, damage and pushback.

And then there's UpB. @ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces has been talking about this since the 3DS has been out UpB is a pretty solid option indeed. It's not something you'd want to use very often but it's fairly fast and if you don't throw it out too much, it's pretty unpredictable. It kills really well (it can kill lower than 100%!) and if you miss, you can sometimes still kill them with open parasol (open parasol does more knockback than the list hit of UpB).

Hmm...I short hop bair oos to punish but have never thought of using it like diddy's fair. I actually recently picked up JC Uair. I used it and punished someone falling off of a platform. It was pretty awesome. Thanks for the tips as always, will try to incorporate this into my play!

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice

Bair is insanely good. It's actually my favorite aerial to use with Peach, especially when Fair becomes predictable. When it comes down to damage, KO potential, priority, spacing, use in combos, and everything overall, I think Bair is her best aerial. Definitely her most underrated move.

Up Smash and Parasol are very good as well. Up Smash has tons of priority when players are trying to strike from above, as well as KO Power if you sweetspot it. Parasol can kill at insanely low percents off the top and is very useful to use after you air dodge an opponent trying to juggle you. Definitely her best options in the vertical game.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Upsmash has deceivingly low cooldown. It can even be used to bait from a distance. Like sonics spindashes and homing attacks for example.

With tap jump off I just hold up then press X and smash A if i wanna upsmash out of shield. No claw needed am i missing something?

Last edited:

iAft3rbang

Smash Cadet
NNID
iAft3rbang
Hi Peach mains ! I'm currently trying to get a solid secondary who isn't tag as a top tier !! I'm currently hesitating between Link and Peach. I would like to know the pros and cons of Peach ! What makes Peach special and why you play her ! ;)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Has anyone tried any combos with Heavy Vegetable?

I found a pretty neat one the other day. At 0%, double Floating Dair to 2nd jump + Turnip throw to Flying Bomber can KO if the opponent is near the edge of the stage and is considered a true combo in Training Mode (which is reliable this time around I think?)

Stuff like this might actually be a nice reason to use Heavy Vegetable. Scoring this combo in a match would be very very difficult (it's hard enough pulling up a Heavy Vegetable...) but can you IMAGINE

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Has anyone tried any combos with Heavy Vegetable?

I found a pretty neat one the other day. At 0%, double Floating Dair to 2nd jump + Turnip throw to Flying Bomber can KO if the opponent is near the edge of the stage and is considered a true combo in Training Mode (which is reliable this time around I think?)

Stuff like this might actually be a nice reason to use Heavy Vegetable. Scoring this combo in a match would be very very difficult (it's hard enough pulling up a Heavy Vegetable...) but can you IMAGINE
Neat, I didn't know this.

However, you can also just replace the turnip throw with a second jump Dair so you don't really need Heavy Turnips.

The problem is the double floating Dair, which sadly doesn't seem to applicable in a real match.

thegrovylekid

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm kind of new here, but I main Peach in every game I can [2nd behind Rosalina in the 3ds and Wii u versions] I need a bit of help, as most of the time to combo, I throw a turnip up, and then do a Dthrow so they hit the turnip, but it doesn't work with Bombs. Does anyone know some good peach combos? thanks.

Casual Souls

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm kind of new here, but I main Peach in every game I can [2nd behind Rosalina in the 3ds and Wii u versions] I need a bit of help, as most of the time to combo, I throw a turnip up, and then do a Dthrow so they hit the turnip, but it doesn't work with Bombs. Does anyone know some good peach combos? thanks.
DThrow -> BAir is an easy way to rack up damage at low percents. You can also follow DThrows with FTilt and UpB. You can also just pull a turnip if they get knocked back too far.

It isn't really a combo but I like to juggle with UTilts and UAirs when the opportunity presents itself.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Neat, I didn't know this.

However, you can also just replace the turnip throw with a second jump Dair so you don't really need Heavy Turnips.

The problem is the double floating Dair, which sadly doesn't seem to applicable in a real match.
Very true!

The Double Dair is only required at very low percents (i.e. 0%) to get them sufficiently high enough in the air to connect with the Turnip throw

Question to Peach's out there - has anyone tried B Sticking yet? I've had a play around but can't find any Turnip techs like there were in Brawl :(

gByron

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to wall of pain bairs? I hit heavy characters with two bairs and no one has punished me yet.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It was also the case in Brawl; if during and after the apex of a jump you input/hold Up when still in the air (even with Tap Jump Off), you start Floating.

I imagine you probably didn't encounter this problem in Brawl since you B stick which means you only ever input Up + B simultaneously (as opposed to buffering Up + B by pressing Up and then pressing B a little bit after), meaning you didn't accidentally do this?

It's such a stupid mechanic because 99% of the time that I Up + B to the ledge and then perform a Jump get-up or let go and Jump back on stage I find that my Float is gone, even if I purposely try to save it so I have another few options when it comes to get back on stage simply, because I didn't mange to perfectly input both Up and B together or because I pressed Up just before due to trying to angle the Up + B.

There's no reason that it should cause this; I guess it's for those people out there who use Wiimote/Tap Jump but it's still very silly because a) you can't control Float height like you can with pressing Down and b) you can't perform Floating aerials by holding Up. Wiimote Peach is a lost cause anyway...

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I didnt know that. Good to know.

Is it possible to wall of pain bairs? I hit heavy characters with two bairs and no one has punished me yet.
Yes but with like every wall of pain they can punish your landing with a well-timed dash attack/projectile/etc or hit you out of it. Peach is no exception, so I wouldn't wall of pain too much with any character since it gets predictable and easy to beat.

It depends on the match-up though. Bairs walls are very effective vs Falcon.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I love Peach, I think she is the best in sm4sh(for me at least)
But I need to know, is it best to play with her on a GameCube controller? Considering that's the controller I have always used.....
But I'm stuck with the gamePad.........
She still rocks though, her specials have been improved(idk about turnips, they never KO but are good for damage.) her Ariels are slightly better, she has a much better ground game....excellent combos, some KO options, fantastic edge guard game, interesting customs.... What more could you ask for?(maybe an increase in mobility, it's nothing more then average)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Everthing controller except for those that involve using a Wiimote is pretty much the same.

Although floating makes her mobility flexible, it's safe to say her mobility is below average.

Jarb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6167-0433
Dunno if this is the right place to discuss it, but Peach's down throw seems to have a lot more endlag. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Dunno if this is the right place to discuss it, but Peach's down throw seems to have a lot more endlag. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Her legs do seem to end positioned in a weird way I don't recall, that might have something to do with it. (or is it that I never use that throw)

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
No changes seem to have made to Peach. Anyone found something notable?

I actually felt it had a bit less since combos were easier to confirm in Training Mode, but I guess my timing just improved.

I think it's placebo for the both of us.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Yeah...Peach's down throw definitely seems to have a tad more ending lag on the 3ds version. Having more trouble than usual linking to back air now. Please be placebo.

Top Bottom