• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchups

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
*cough* Erm, excuse me fools. But it's:

HUP-CHAA!

Foolish fools with foolishly foolish vocabularies.

marth marth marth

Smash Apprentice
I think she has the advantage against link because he's a fast faller, making it easy for him to get chain grabbed and dair comboed, he is also easily turnip gimped

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ooooh, I don't like Link. Peach has problems with characters with better projectiles than her - and Link has THREE. Plus he also has a stupid sword, which is always annoying to fight against. At least Ike and Marth are easy to turnip spam, Link can spam back (and better) so that fails.

Good thing Link is slow enough to punish. And he doesn't hold as much KO power as other characters. Meanwhile the sword spin thing I can just donk untill forever! :D

I just counterpick Jungle Japes after I lose to him though for an easy win.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ooooh, I don't like Link. Peach has problems with characters with better projectiles than her - and Link has THREE. Plus he also has a stupid sword, which is always annoying to fight against. At least Ike and Marth are easy to turnip spam, Link can spam back (and better) so that fails.

Good thing Link is slow enough to punish. And he doesn't hold as much KO power as other characters. Meanwhile the sword spin thing I can just donk untill forever! :D

I just counterpick Jungle Japes after I lose to him though for an easy win.
yeah, link isn't generally too tough of a fight, just kinda float around and wait for him to make a mistake and go in and punish, remember peach is a whole lot faster than link both on the ground and in the air, powershield/SH airdodge the projectiles and get in close and link doesn't have much on u.

gantrain05

Smash Master
so yeah, i was at a tourney last month, i mained peach/ness probably about 50/50 and i played against the snake who won the thing, i didn't do too bad, only problem i had was with ko's i mean i'd get that sucker up to like 180% and then i'd be around 90% and i'd get hit by an Utilt and there goes one stock, other than the obvious overpowering of snake it wasn't a bad matchup. Heres the vid for the tourney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhuKnGawn4

Composeur

Smash Ace
From what I've seen, every match-up seems to suck for Peach except when Mikey or Niko's playing her...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ok, promise not to laugh, but, uh, how do you handle Yoshi?
I play a pretty good one about once a month - and I lose a majority of the time. Helps?

Gea

Smash Master
Ok, promise not to laugh, but, uh, how do you handle Yoshi?
I play a pretty good one about once a month - and I lose a majority of the time. Helps?
What's keeping you down? Yoshi does fairly well against Peach, really. You need to float ABOVE the tongue grab. Basically I walk to approach if they throw eggs until I get just close enough that they can be punished if they throw another. Then I wait. If they approach, its a free float to whatever.

If they throw an egg, its a grab. Basically you just have to outspace the yoshi. If you need to backup and reapproach, do so. He has good jabs.

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
DK isn't easier than Bowser or Ganondorf. You misread my post. And I have played against a few.

Peach's worst matchup seems to be Pit. Difficult to edgeguard, and can out spam, out live, and out prioritize her.
actually i think her worst match ups are against people like MrG&W, DDD, MK, and Marth especially! I'd say I'm a pretty okish peach player and i main peach and peach only, but i'm just saying that through my experience people like them would supposedly be good against peach!

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen, every match-up seems to suck for Peach except when Mikey or Niko's playing her...
no offense but probably because u suck at peach and that u foolishly think that peach sucks when in reality u suck. not attacking u or anything but it's the truth because i, too, foolishly thought this way and not anymore and i just try to get better and better as peach than saying peach sux!

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
so yeah, i was at a tourney last month, i mained peach/ness probably about 50/50 and i played against the snake who won the thing, i didn't do too bad, only problem i had was with ko's i mean i'd get that sucker up to like 180% and then i'd be around 90% and i'd get hit by an Utilt and there goes one stock, other than the obvious overpowering of snake it wasn't a bad matchup. Heres the vid for the tourney

ya, i saw it but it was mostly because u wouldn't get actual killing moves in like fsmash, ftilt, utilt, fair etc. and that was why u had a hard time fighting that snake!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
P.O.P Stop posting like that. Just muti-quote people.

And compouser, thats one of the most stupiest statements I have seen around here.

BentoBox

Smash Master

You lost your last two stocks to C4s. You should never lose sight of wherever he lies those things. And Snake easily outcamps you so there's no point in camping yourself waiting for him to approach, he won't. When approaching, if he whips out a grenade, float. He cannot jump with a grenade in hand and as long as you space yourself well enough, he should not be able to land one on you. He might then try to mortar slide, which d-air outprioritizes (the mortar at least). When he fires a nikita, don't be afraid to run after him, he will be expecting you to try and punish him, so remember he can drop it off at any time. He stickied you once, you should've airdodged the detonation, but that's something that happens rarely. You also lost a stock because you came down on him with a n-air. U-tilt > You. You deserved to die there if you even thought you stood a chance, lawl :p.

Basically, the problem doesn't really lie in him overpowering you. That's something that you'll simply have to work around. He's one of the heaviest character in the game, he'll most often then not live up to the high 100s unless you have something fresh to whip out for the killing blow. If you pay attention to his arsenal, he's a lot easier to figure out. That finishing blow will just come in due time.

=D

actually i think her worst match ups are against people like MrG&W, DDD, MK, and Marth especially! I'd say I'm a pretty okish peach player and i main peach and peach only, but i'm just saying that through my experience people like them would supposedly be good against peach!
I would agree about Marth (at least, its my hardest matchup by far) but DDD really isn't that hard to deal with. You just need to be really defensive. Don't let him grab you. Don't try to approach him from the ground. Use turnips to create setups. He's a big target, once you have momentum, its hard for him to get away.

Top Bottom