• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchups

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sorry. I get alot of PM's and my membership ran out. I forgot I cant get anymore once my membership is gone. I have space for them now.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Also, your opponents need to shield grab and air dodge more. They just stand their saying. "Lolz Im lozing to Peaxches!"

Idiots.
Off topic.

Anything posted by Smashbros_7 in the Brawl Peach forums should be ignored. He/she/it to my knowledge is serving to bash on the Brawl Peach mains as seen here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4411260#post4411260, and as far as I know these boards are here for intelligent, constructive purposes. Only a fool uses their status of anonymity to insult others with so little a reason, and Smashbros_7 flames Dark.Pch for absolutely no reason at all (and yes I did read the whole thread).

Vent post...its annoying to see someone breaking apart a great discussion with such a weak arguement.

Alright, back on topic. . .

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was playing today and came across a few Snake mains. I have absolutely zero experience vs Snake, and I got ***** beyond belief.
They had a good explosive game, and approaching them was insanely hard due to the grenades, mines, etc. His recovery IMO is also hard to punish as they usually recover from the sky dropping C4 and using the high priority D-Air. Pulling off a ceiling kill is really hard on him.
His U-Tilt destroyed my float, I'm totally lost on this matchup.

Does anyone have any tips for fighting a good Snake? I know my losses were most likely due to lack of exp. vs a Snake, but I'd like to know some useful strats that some of you have come across.
Thanks.

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
well I used to be a marth main and now I'm not I'm not going to have a main but your reasoning as to why marth loses to peach is terrible (IMO) I mean if you think every marth plays like that you have another thing coming.. I love peach, she is a lot of fun to play but I have to say.. She loses to marth if you plan on camping prepare to get punished.. If marth gets even a bit in range and you get sword tipped it will be a severe hit.. I feel marth is much quicker but I guess thats just me I haven't ben playing her long enough to know who she is good or bad against but I'd say she loses to marth by a long shot..

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
and dark peach I feel for you dude.. A lot of people feel the need to bash character or other players.. I think so much of the smash community has forgotten that its a game.. Its not your life and if it is I suggest you get yourself a new one.. Its so hard to find unity between players who play different characters unless you were friends before the game or you both share the same mains.. I think people have forgotton that we all share a general intrest and thats smash.. Stop complaining about who's char sux who's character better.. It all comes down to the players skill and their ability to adapt if you ask me.. Because not all people use characters the same way..

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
ShengNu is right. Brawl is just a casual game for most players, it's meant for fun. Sakurai originally did not want to make this game, as most of you may know, but because of popular demand, it came out. Be thankful and just try to settle the differences by battling each other yourselves. Does it really matter if Peach is lower than Marth in terms of attack power/etc. ? For some of you, it's yes, but settle down and just enjoy the game as it was meant to be. Everyone has different opinions about everything, so just let them express theirselves, as long as it's in the right location.

-looks at all the Peach hate threads in Peach forum- Definitely not the right place.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
ShengNu is right. Brawl is just a casual game for most players, it's meant for fun. Sakurai originally did not want to make this game, as most of you may know, but because of popular demand, it came out. Be thankful and just try to settle the differences by battling each other yourselves. Does it really matter if Peach is lower than Marth in terms of attack power/etc. ? For some of you, it's yes, but settle down and just enjoy the game as it was meant to be. Everyone has different opinions about everything, so just let them express theirselves, as long as it's in the right location.
You're right, too bad this is a competitive smash forum eh?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Approach him diagonally upwards a lot with Fairs. I don't have that much experience against Olimars so that's all I can say :ohwell:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How about some tips on Olimar? On a level like final destination he is unbelievably hard to attack with his crazy range.
Oli is simply annoying, but I find the best approach would be a thrown-from-the-air turnip followed by a diagonal fair. Unless the player is savvy with his Pikmin Chain, which hits at a nice 45 degree angle - which is risky even then due to the bit of lag - it's a pretty good approach imo.
His Pikmin Throw and fmash both kind of negate the regular glide toss, and his reach above him make a dair a bit dicey if you miss-time it.

Though once your inside his comfort zone and apply the right pressure (a lot) most Olimars just fall to pieces and a nice gimp kill is only a quick nair away.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Olimar is only as good as how long he can keep you away. If you dance around his range and cause him to miss his moves, or even negate them with some of your own attacks on the way in, it's only a matter of time until you get close and start tossing him around like a rag doll. When you touch him, make it count and you might even be lucky enough to kill some of the pikmin while in there, which makes him lose a LOT of anything he can do.

Don't forget, too, that when he does respawn that, if they go for more than just a few pikmin(i.e. all he can have) that his invincibility is almost completely gone. Not only that, but their power, speed, and durability will be noticeably weaker. If you can catch an Olimar trying that, he's in a LOT of trouble. Also try counterpicking smaller stages, since he only stands a chance the longer he can stay away from Peach.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
MIkey, I love your siggy ^.^

And thanx, I can't play Olimars...

EDIT:: What about IC's, any tips?

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
Lol for IC's all I can say is hope to god you don't get grabbed.

Olimar I haven't really had problems with? I just abuse the float and play a few mindgames so he can't spam his stupid side special, and turnips rule for edgeguarding/gimping his recovery.

I'm 0-4 against MK's in tournament play so far though T_T How do you guys handle MK?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
MK is really easy. Just remember, the only thing for long approach on MK is the tornado, that's the only thing that can really **** you up. Without projectiles, that gives you instant spacing. MK pwn defensive play if they are good, but if you are offensive they take advantage of that to. So play really smart.

Most of the time I just let the MK attack like crazy until they do a fsmash, dsmash, Up B or Tornado lag. Once you touch a MK, you can reach a good 60 % if you know how to follow DI good enough. Just make sure to play it cautious. MK is pro at gimps.

And yeah, IC grabs are mean. But what other tips, like, approach would be nice ^.^

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the input everyone. The guy I fought loves to throw a few pikman and then when I get irritated by them grab or smash me on my way in. I also find any of his upward attacks to be a pain. The things you guys mentioned I was attempting but I suppose I just need to fine tune them, because like you also said once you get inside he has problems. His pikman chain is his only angled attack so that does seem like the route to go.

As for Mk this will always be a hard fight but seems a little easier for me because I use Mk sometimes so I know what works. A few tips..

The tornado is a pain but you can smash attack him out of it.
Toad is essential for when you know he will slash you.
You can beat or equal his dash or grab attempts with good timing every time so when he charges you just go for the attack.
Chasing him off the edge for a crown attack is very important for KOing him, don't abuse that move..BUT at the right angle it beats MK every time.
filts and utilts are also critical. His airgame is good. But your ground to air game is better than his.

Hope some of that helps out.

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
Wow good advice, thank you.

And one thing I noticed is that MK's become predictable... Like when they glide, they ALWAYS go for that little sword swipe at the end when they near you. That is a PERFECT peach moment if you ask me. Toad ftw! And yeah, that tornado kills me. One of the MK's I played, like 5/10 of his moves were the friggin' tornado. I wish toad was a viable option for that.

And yeah as for IC's, I don't really have anything helpful to say because I can't play against them either. The only one I've played just chain grabbed to fair all the time, and I got my butt kicked =/

gantrain05

Smash Master
well I used to be a marth main and now I'm not I'm not going to have a main but your reasoning as to why marth loses to peach is terrible (IMO) I mean if you think every marth plays like that you have another thing coming.. I love peach, she is a lot of fun to play but I have to say.. She loses to marth if you plan on camping prepare to get punished.. If marth gets even a bit in range and you get sword tipped it will be a severe hit.. I feel marth is much quicker but I guess thats just me I haven't ben playing her long enough to know who she is good or bad against but I'd say she loses to marth by a long shot..
i don't think so, if anything i think peach actually has the advantage over marth, my friend mains marth and he's just as good if not better than i am, but he rarely ever beats my peach, which i don't even main, she's probably like...my 6th or 7th best character, its all about spacing and gimping, and peach does both pretty well, and i find its very hard to gimp a peach recovery.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok I think I should set the record straight from what I am reading in here. Even though I said I back off, I just cant sit here and let false information get lose.

DM- Meta is not "really easy" Are you saying this based on YOUR experience? Thats a poor reason to have a logic like that. Are you forgetting meta is the way he is for a reason? So you cant fight meta, you know the match up.......so he is easy to beat now? How many DIFFERENT types of tournament level meta have you played? How many of these meta Glide to grab instead of Dsmash? How many meta have you played that wait for you to do something, dont spam moves and still get at you could as if they were spamming? How many Meta Glide into Ftils or space with them alot so you cant touch them, then follow up with a tornado to deal damage/ space or just get some space from you?

There are many factors at hand that you have not been through yet with Peach to go and make bold statements like you have lately. The fight is not a lost cause but at the same time its not an easy one nether. Meta is a pain to everyone. And Meta is one of the characters that can abuse all of Peach's weaknesses easy. I know how to fight meta and usual beat him more than lose to him. But because of that I will not sit here and tell others its a cake walk. I'll advise them about the match up and it will take hard work to beat him. tell them why Meta has the advantage over Peach, what can he do to her and then ways to deal with it so they can stand a chance and win. Ever since you got better with Peach, you have been making some foolish posts lately. And like I told you once before, your gonna learn the hardway. Just keep on the way your going and watch you mark my words to you.

As for Marth the fight is in Marths favor. But its not all that stressful. Why is that?

- His range is shorter. Yours is longer. Space and time well and you can beat his range with Fairs and back airs

- You can get him well with turnips, and now that we have glide tossing, you have a good way to get close to a marth with a follow up.

If you space like hell you can go even or even beat Marths range.And once he is off the stage, you can gimp him easy with turnips and Bairs. pressure Marth, space your attacks, dont roll alot. Turnip>mix up attack or grab comminations and this fight wont be all that stressful.

IC- simple way to beat them. Stay in the air and you win. thats it. IC whole game is chaingrabs. Thats how they work and deal most of thier damage. Get them with dairs a good three times out thier shield. You will end up stabbing thier shield and hitting them. Dair air ***** them. And once you get them seperated, Go after nana, forget popo. When Popp comes in after you then worry about him, but always go after nana. She can be a easy K.O and once they are off the stage, they are deal meat since they need each other for good recovery. Dont waste yout time with the player when nana is an easy kill. With her gone you just killed a large % of IC game. no deaths of of grabs. no racking large amount of damage off of chain grabs. Peach is a counter to them and done right, you completly destroy them.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
That was alot of information on the MK matchup. However, it is as simple as this:

Meta Knight has been given a set of moves, and advanced tech for play. I know what they are. Weather he goes from glide to grab or fair, I don't care, I'm prepared to dodge an attack that was frontal.

Don't make the matchup complicated. Even in higher levels of play, if you try to anticipate and play too smart, then you'll end up making an extremely specific move that was wrong. Hence why I see you get pwnd by the lag of a mushroom in your vids alot, or even in our matches. Playing smart goes back to the basics, knowing what the other player is thinking is impossible. So, just be prepared for what you know his options are. And if you think this is stupid, then I agree I'm dumb, and I'll go ahead and win my matches against MK easily because I don't know how to play the matchup. (Oh, and btw, I play with I am Infinity and Wobbles' MK, you know, low level MK's like that)

hova

Smash Champion
u really should stop name dropping, i don't know half the people u are mentioning. and Wobbles is known as an IC main from melee so i know a lot of people will be skeptical of his overall skill in brawl

they may be amazing and they may win every tourney in ur area, but i personally don't know that so mentioning them will not make me or anyone else think better of you

it's going to be a long time before players will be nationally accepted as being good; every region thinks that they are the best right now, but there's no telling how regional match ups are going to play out. so until then, please stop bringing up random smashers that we do not know the skill level of

also hit me up if you wanna smash wifi

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I only mentioned Wobbles XD No one else this time.

And like I said, disagree with me. I'm confident with my MK match, and that's that. Maybe I'm terrible at it, like you said Hova, we don't know. But considering no one has seen it, don't bash my ability to play him.

And for the record, Wobbles is still amazing ^.^ (MK main now) But I'll prove myself at FAST and I guess MASS (or whatever).

And Hova, I posted in the social group to, yeah man just PM a time. My Wii gets back tomorrow ^.^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That was alot of information on the MK matchup. However, it is as simple as this:

Meta Knight has been given a set of moves, and advanced tech for play. I know what they are. Weather he goes from glide to grab or fair, I don't care, I'm prepared to dodge an attack that was frontal.

Don't make the matchup complicated. Even in higher levels of play, if you try to anticipate and play too smart, then you'll end up making an extremely specific move that was wrong. Hence why I see you get pwnd by the lag of a mushroom in your vids alot, or even in our matches. Playing smart goes back to the basics, knowing what the other player is thinking is impossible. So, just be prepared for what you know his options are. And if you think this is stupid, then I agree I'm dumb, and I'll go ahead and win my matches against MK easily because I don't know how to play the matchup. (Oh, and btw, I play with I am Infinity and Wobbles' MK, you know, low level MK's like that)
You see me getting pwned? I toad out of random if that is what you talking about. What you expect me to be perfect with that? Sit happens. Get over it. And I only played you maybe 2 times and won.

And enough with bringing these names up. Cause that does not mean anything. You know the match up, big woop cause you play them. Cause of that the match up is really easy? I dare you to come out your face and say you three stock them all the time if its that easy. I mean you play them all the time and win right, and they are so godly with Meta. So if the match up is so easy I wanna see you three stockeing them with Peach. And I also wanna hear it from them as well.

I dont care who you beat or play with. Dont go on say that Peach Vs Meta is "really easy" cause thats bull****. If you beat these so called gods of Meta players I bet its by a stock. And I beat they also beat you as well. But how is that....is Metas are really easy. I wanna see you fight M2K meta and come out on top over and over. You are getting to cocky and over doing it over and over.

Dont go making post like this to players new to Peach. your gonna make it hard on them then it should be. and they dont need that. Use your head and not your ego of how good your Peach is and that meta are a walk in the park cause its getting stupid.

hova

Smash Champion
u got AIM, i'm bad with times and am more likely to play in response to a random IM when i'm bored

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I do have AIM ^.^ It's :: SX cant sing

@DP:: Okay, like I said, I agree with you. MK is a horribly hard matchup, and I suck at it. Name and rep means nothing. Play complicated, cause that's ftw. Oh, and I suck.

Hail Satan.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
And once again you are not understanding. I'll let someone else explain it to you cause you just dont see the point at all. So Im done here. Feel as you wish, this is pointless.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I don't feel you are understanding. You keep listing options MK has against Peach, in which they can be easily worked around. Someone like Snake who has a quick jab to ftilt is hard to work around. Or Peach, who has an almost perfected approach, is hard to work around. Meta Knight really isn't that good anymore.

I'm just pointing out that at the beginning he was way too good, because he was extremely simple. Now he has kind of fallen behind to the advanced techs that are developing. Think about it, alright? Your shield to footstool dair is amazing against Meta Knight. He has no good ground approach if you shield him right. His tornado sucks to your Shroom, which is easy enough to spot in time to pull it out. His Up B is his only quick and amazing solution to Peach, a good one, but not pefect. There are much harder matchups sir, and Meta Knight is becoming easier and easier.

Just look at tournament standings lately, MK isn't showing up as much as he used to. Snake and Falco are actually becoming top tier.

And of course, any good player can take a character and be good with that char, but what I'm saying is, as a character in whole, his options are limited against Peach. There are WAY harder character matches then him right now. And of course I could be wrong, I haven't played OTRU, or one of the notorious MK's yet, and I haven't played anyone outside of Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona or California, so I really could be wrong ^.^ But for as far as my opinion goes, Meta Knight has become a much easier matchup for Peach now that we have knowledge on what he does.

As for Snake, well, we got some work to do.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im gonna make this simple

You say meta is "really easy"

truth is thats a false statement. thats what I am getting at. get it now?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, against a good player, there is no "really easy" matchup. I can agree to that.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
All I see is:

I'm good
You're not
I'm good, explanation
You're not, explanation
Denial

:ohwell:

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
It was mostly about my ability to handle meta knight evolving into a discussion on why I thought MK was an easier matchup.

btw Deku, I'm good and your not! XD

whut?

Smash Journeyman
id agree with both sides of this lol worthy argument..
IMO airborne peach beats grounded metaknight..when floating & attacking right.
airborne MK can beat airborne peach though..so this means you have to approach
MK before MK can approach you..in the end it comes down to the individual player.

Top Bottom