• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchups

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
Ok so in the tactical brawl forums they have a topic where a list of matchups is being made for all the characters. Now as far as peach is concerned we currently have Zero advantages over the other characters.

Now the problem is that i cant really think of any character specific advantages that signifigantly tilt the odds in peaches favor; even tho i main peach.

So i would like some Peach Mainers to post here some good matchups for peach, and a description why peach wins those matchups so i can post them over at the other topic.

Currently the rest of the forums believe that peach wont have any; and that pisses me off.....

So yea.....help please.

I think she has the upper-hand against marth but i cant really articulate why....

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would say she has an advantage over him cause Marth sucks against projectiles. And his range is short. Though Marth is still a pain for Peach, But not as much as he was in melee. Her Jabs do her justice against Marth. And they pretty much have the same combat speed.

Triple D - To Me he is a big punching bag. FC > Dair ***** him. And since he is big, your Dsmash can eat his shield and hit him. Since the Dsmash can stab shields. You dont wanna get to close though cause his grab range is insane. Even if you try to space yourself.

The thing is with me, I play Peach quick, so I'm always eating the shield. They made her faster so I abuse her speed. And It works wonders. I'm nearly breaking peoples shields with her. Characters have weaknesses. So I look for it and try to use her speed to abuse. With all the good things about Peach now in brawl (speed is one of them) She can really do her damage. Just gotta use your head.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Anyone who is just a gigantic target, or is too slow to keep up with her is good for Peach. Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf, DK especially..

Peach does all right against Olimar too, you just need to know the matchup. Don't ever try to camp him. And get him off the stage as quickly as possible, and keep him there.

Never had a huge problem with Marth. This matchup is much easier than it was in Melee, since you have more range and he has less than before.

randomae

Smash Cadet
i find any of the fox characters a breeze. their up+b for recovery gives you plenty of time to hit them with a vegetable lol.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
ICs are good now and can pwn u but Dsmash still works well on them...then just combo Popo. I guess for Marth play him like u would play him in Melee...even though i still get Ken Combo'd WTF!

I havent used her as much so i cant really say so much. Sry.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Peach wrecks Lucas. His normal Wavebounce PK Fire game is completely beaten by floating. It's even easier than floating over Falco's lasers in Melee, actually. Plus she's got a decent rushdown game and her fsmash beats out Lucas' in speed and sometimes range.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Anyone who is just a gigantic target, or is too slow to keep up with her is good for Peach. Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf, DK especially..

Peach does all right against Olimar too, you just need to know the matchup. Don't ever try to camp him. And get him off the stage as quickly as possible, and keep him there.

Never had a huge problem with Marth. This matchup is much easier than it was in Melee, since you have more range and he has less than before.
lol, you think its easier to deal with a DK than bowser or Ganondorf? how many DKs have you played?

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
then who is peach's worst matchup?
I'd say that a Dedede main is probably Peach's worst match (IMO.) What Dedede does is chaingrab Peach and use all sorts of crazy strong, random attacks that are not so easy to evade with Peach since she can be vulnerable most of the time. I'm probably just saying that because I was just having a hell of a hard time with a Dedede friend, but I discovered tactics against him so now he can't get me:p

As for Peach not having any advantage? Pshh... I'd say her unpredictable nature is her main advantage against all opponents (among other great advantages.) Many people simply don't know how to handle a Peach and often just think of her as an annoying, weak character.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
lol, you think its easier to deal with a DK than bowser or Ganondorf? how many DKs have you played?
DK isn't easier than Bowser or Ganondorf. You misread my post. And I have played against a few.

Peach's worst matchup seems to be Pit. Difficult to edgeguard, and can out spam, out live, and out prioritize her.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol.

Peach forums is too funny. Peach loses to Marth. Someone make some points backed up by evidence as to how Peach beats him. I'm bored and I need a healthy debate to keep me on my toes.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is debatable cause it depends all on player skill.

Like XERAMPELINAE says he thinks DDD is her Worst match up. And his reasons were cause he was getting Beat by one. I dont see him as a threat to Peach. A good air game gets at him good. He is a big target. Just dont rush him cause he is big and slow. Lots of people make that mistake. He is really good at spacing. And his chain grab you can DI out of it. Peach is lucky that she can escape that (if they know how)

Pit is a bit of a pest. But what I do, is block one arrow, then jump out the way and Float to him.
But now Pit catches on. So what will he do? He will aim his arrows at you. Curve the, in the air when you float. So think for a sec. Just land and run to him if you can. Now that you are close to him, he will do one of these things:

- Roll away (mostly likely yea. Most common thing from spammers)

- Jump over you

- Attack you

- Sidestep if you can ticked or annoy and just wanna hit them. Thus leaves you open and you get grabbed or attacked.

A arrow spamming Pit usually cant fight you up close. Cause they dont know. So they run and spam. Get you annoyed. You rush them, and they take advantage of you for it. Cause your not thinking clearly. Here is a lil bit of advice on dealing with spammers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just cant let the camping get to you. believe me, that what you will see in brawl. Camping. Our character get it the worst against campy players. So know this I really dont care for losing to one. Cause my character has a hard time with it.

But one way to beat a campy is to piss them off in a fight. I fight a few campers in brawl. So what I did? I let nothing touch m and just played the wierdest mindgames. Camping did not get them very far at all. And I beat them. A campers weakness is getting inside him. Since they depend on that alot, you get inside, just **** them. And if they know how to fight, you just go at it with them and beat thier azzes.

Trust me, I am Peach, I get and see this camping crap all the time. times I lose nerves to even deal with it so I get owned. But when I am on point, I know what to do to get at one, I've beating campy foxes and Falcos in melee. same with Both links.

Toy with thier heads. The great Mike G himself (for thoses that dont know, one of the best Peach players in melee, he dont play much anymore) Told me how to beat one. And it works with Peach.

Inside a camper that is a pattern. Look closely, it may even be obvious. And abuse it when you get inside. But first fight out how to get inside with out getting hit. toy with the guy. Dance around all that is comming at you. Till you can hardly get touched. Then once you cleared mission one, go for mission 2. Dance around the stuff comming at you and get inside. Once you do watch how he reacts. DONT ATTACK. Look at him while being ready to move out the way and all. Also expect him to switch up his reaction.

Once you got that down you around know what to expect. Now mission 3. You find a way to punish him. Mix up mission 1 and 2. Expect anything, him to roll, grab you, or attack you once you get close. Or he may just run away and spam again. Most common from campers. And once you got that down DONT lose your cool no matter what and just **** them up. Repeat mission 1,2, and three till you win. dont matter how long the match last. Go on till you win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emblem Lord- And your trying to say Peach cant beat Marth?

For one thing. Marth has less range than before. And he cant combo like he did in melee. Or chain grab for lil gimp kills. His combos you can just air dodge. What weakness thoses Marth have in this fight. For one thing, his recovery got nerfed. And he is not that hard to edgeguard nether. But thats not his weakness.

He sucks against Projectiles. So turnips are the way to go. He can swat them all he wants, he is ether gonna get hit or get caught with a follow up if the player is smart. This Match up is not hopeless as you may think it is. But knowing you wanting to be funny and bored so wanna get drama started or a few laughs, you will say other wise.

Peach has to space herself just as much as you do. Cause you have a sword. Also, Marth cant fight under him. Thats another weakness he has. Now, how to abuse it? Simple. Dont play the average Peach. Play smart. Don't Dsmash every time you side step of flinch. Dont roll back and fourth to everything Marth does cause your scared to get Fsmashed or grabbed. Marths will wait for your reaction, then when you roll, sidestep or Dsmash, we will retaliate with a grab of Fsmash.

Marth now love his F-B so they will use that alot. And for spacing. Some marth may F-B you then stop in the middle of it. Wait for you to roll or side step then retaliate. They can also do F-B then in the middle just Jab you or Dtilt you, then start it up again or wait for you to do something then react to what you do and you get punished. Or he can just finish the combo and Down B you for the last F-B hit and stab your shield. Really good for spacing if Marth is too close and fears of getting grabbed or attack out of the shield.

If Marth is too close. Peach Can actually Grab Marth in between the F-B combo with good time at the start of it. or roll behind him and punish Marth if quick enough with a Grab, Dtilt, Dsmash, etc. You can also grab Marth in between his Jabs.

Use your turnips wisley. Dont just throw it once you get it then go in with a FC-Fair. such a common Peach move that people will know what to do. and when you hit thier shield, the Peach may Jab after. Play it smart. bluff the Marth. Mindgames. Think ahead. Turnip pillar him (if you know what that is) Or jump and Z drop the turnip and grab him. Mix up how you go at Marth.

And Watch out for his Fair. it it hits your shield and he spaced it, he can do w/e he wants soon after. Cause that Move has no lag. And his Up air as well. so Be careful when over him. Timed Down airs can stop his up airs. And a Good air game can do damage to Marth. Her Dair is good at shield pressure, eating and stabbing the shield. You can even fast fall through the shield with her Dair and you can get a hit of and stab the shield better depending on the size of the shield and the timing on how you fast fall the Dair.

Marth is really Good at spacing. so you gotta learn how to get past that. Turnips is one way, and well timed attacks when he does his. Peachs Back air comes out fast and has range.
Not to mention it got buffed and hits 2 times. So that is a bonus. Its a really good move for spacing. And can beat his attacks if you time it right. Her Fair as well.

Know what attacks you can do out the shield when he hits yours. if spaced, best thing you can do is maybe Fsmash out the shield. and even if you miss, you space yourself, so you have time to retreat before Marth gets you. FC>Nairs out the shield work wonders if he is close enough.it all depends on his spacing and if he is behind you or in front. Rolling is good but you can be punished for that cause the Marth may catch on............or fact is, you have no choice but to roll. Though you can try to dash attack out of the shield. Since it has priority and hits twice. Decent range too.

Marth can be a sitting duck when recovering. aim well with turnips. or time Back airs or Fairs off the stage to hit him It works and when it hits, thats it, Marth is done. You can run to the edge, Jump and throw a turnip the other way. so now you face the stage. then back air him. and Peach can come back to the stage no problem cause you still have your second jump to float then up-B back to safety.

And their combat speed is nearly the same. Peach got faster so you can take advantage of her speed with quick thinking.

Learn what Marth looks for in this match up. common habits Peach players have Marths will look for it and try to punish.

- dont roll alot.

- Don't always Turnip to FC>Fair.

- Dont Dsmash everytime you flinch or get scared.

- dont dash attack alot. get some grabs in there, cant stress that enough. Then Mix and Match your grabs with Dash attacks. and vice versa.

- Think ahead. Be aware of what Marth is abusing that you do. think clearly when your close to him. Dont spam the same stuff over and over.

Thats about all I have for Peach Vs Marth. Peach can beat him. its not hopeless. Shoot, it never was in this game. People let Marth annoying them so they don't think fight and rush him and thats the worst then Peach can do to Marth.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
lol.

Peach forums is too funny. Peach loses to Marth. Someone make some points backed up by evidence as to how Peach beats him. I'm bored and I need a healthy debate to keep me on my toes.
I know Peach still loses to Marth. It seems less ****ty of a matchup than before, that's all I said.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Eh?

No, I assure you I am bored and I love match-up analysis. I'm, not trying to start drama. People are just silly sometimes and can't handle facts. But that's usually newbies. Anyway...let me look over what you said.

Also saying Peach loses to Marth, is just another way of saying she is at disadvantage. I'm not saying she can't win.

Also player skill and personal experience is the worst thing to bring up in match-up analysis unless you ar at the pinnacle of skill or close to it. It is always assumed that both players will be at or close to the height of the metagame and virtually equal in skill.

Ok, let's look at what you said. Ummm, not going to comment on Dedede, except to say that he is a beast. *shrug

Let's look at what you said about Marth.

Brawl isn't about combos, so Marth's lack of combos isn't a valid reason as to why it's a better match-up. Peach loss combos too remember? His recovery is pretty much the same. Not good or bad just average. Shieldbreaker makes up for the loss of repeated dancing blade recovery.

Anyway. alot of the stuff you said can be summed up well. You said she needs to play smart and not be a *******, correct?

Marth can do that too. You didn't post how Peach controls the match or how she has advantage over him though which is what you said before. Actually from the way you posted about how Peach constantly has to watch out for his sword and play a reaction game, it SOUNDS like you are conceding that MARTH controls the match, which would mean that he has advantage.

Also, why the hell is Peach trying to approach Marth anyway? You have Peach as the one who is appoaching in your examples. Why? Peach should be camping. not approaching.

Also I will call false on some of your examples. If Peach Dairs Marth's shield she will eat up b all day. Dolphin slash is 1 frame start-up and is invincible the first 5 frames.

Allow me to ask this question.

How does Peach have advantage over a character that is superior to her?

Marth is faster, stronger, has more range, with more knockback. He has better tilts, better aerials and better smashes overall. He also has the most kill options out of every character in the game and can kill as low as the 80's. All she has over him is turnips.

Marth sucks vs projectiles? How so? You never explained it. Doesn't matter though since it's false. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways to deal with projectiles, especially item projectiles like turnips. Roll, dash into shield, spot dodge, SH to airdodge then buffer any action from the airdodge. Attacking when the turnip is in your general vicinity allows you to grab it while attacking. Also airdodging when it's near you nets the same results. He can still jab turnips and perfectshielding them causes them to dissappear and it's very easy to perfectshield in Brawl.

You didn't talk about who has more options, who has better defensive options, who has the better out of shield game, who racks up damage better, who can pressure better, who can kill better, who is safer overall, who has more priority.

Marth has all of these things over Peach.

How does Peach have advantage?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm.....I'm surprised your not being a jerk to me as usual.

Anyway. Lets see here.......

" Also saying Peach loses to Marth, is just another way of saying she is at disadvantage. I'm not saying she can't win."

No it's not the same as saying she is at a disadvantage. One character could be another. Don't mean automaticlly they are at a disadvantage. Pikachu Could Beat Marth. Does not mean he has the advantage just cause he can win?

"Also player skill and personal experience is the worst thing to bring up in match-up analysis unless you ar at the pinnacle of skill or close to it. It is always assumed that both players will be at or close to the height of the metagame and virtually equal in skill."

I dont see how that that is the worst thing to bring up. Both players can know the match up and have their own personal way of thinking and playing at equal skill. But its not always equal in skill. I am stating match ups as when both players know what they are doing and know the match up.

"Brawl isn't about combos, so Marth's lack of combos isn't a valid reason as to why it's a better match-up. Peach loss combos too remember? His recovery is pretty much the same. Not good or bad just average. Shieldbreaker makes up for the loss of repeated dancing blade recovery."

I'm saying without the combos and the 0-death stuff he had on Peach, its less of a struggle when fighting him. Also while his Shieldbreaker gives him distance, those seconds he has to charge it, it leaves him to be a sitting duck. And if he lets it good too soon, he wont go anywhere

"Anyway. alot of the stuff you said can be summed up well. You said she needs to play smart and not be a *******, correct?

Marth can do that too. You didn't post how Peach controls the match or how she has advantage over him though which is what you said before. Actually from the way you posted about how Peach constantly has to watch out for his sword and play a reaction game, it SOUNDS like you are conceding that MARTH controls the match, which would mean that he has advantage."

Peach can attack him from distance with turnips. She does not have to get close to deal Damage to Marth. While Marth has to get close. Marth has More Range that Peach Up close....a sword. So it be stupid to rush and and such with poor spacing. Thats why I keep my distance and space against him. Same with Roy In Melee. I dont rush him. he has a sword so I cant just rush in at him. Even tough Peach destroys roy. So watching out for his sword and looking for his reaction game does not mean he controls the match 24/7

"Also, why the hell is Peach trying to approach Marth anyway? You have Peach as the one who is appoaching in your examples. Why? Peach should be camping. not approaching."

Cause some Marths dont always go to you? If you always worry about the player going to you, what if you meet one who does not go to you all the time. You would need to learn how to approach one. expect anything.

Also I will call false on some of your examples. If Peach Dairs Marth's shield she will eat up b all day. Dolphin slash is 1 frame start-up and is invincible the first 5 frames.

Ok, what if your shield is not full? Your gonna eat a Dair. and her 4th kick has knock back. Pay attention to the shield, Know what will eat through it and know what your enemy can do out of it. Its all about understanding and straight common sense.

"How does Peach have advantage over a character that is superior to her?

Marth is faster, stronger, has more range, with more knockback. He has better tilts, better aerials and better smashes overall. He also has the most kill options out of every character in the game and can kill as low as the 80's. All she has over him is turnips.

The turnips was the advantage I was talking about.

Marth sucks vs projectiles? How so? You never explained it. Doesn't matter though since it's false. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways to deal with projectiles, especially item projectiles like turnips. Roll, dash into shield, spot dodge, SH to airdodge then buffer any action from the airdodge. Attacking when the turnip is in your general vicinity allows you to grab it while attacking. Also airdodging when it's near you nets the same results. He can still jab turnips and perfectshielding them causes them to dissappear and it's very easy to perfectshield in Brawl.

He can swat them all he wants. I already went through this one.

"You didn't talk about who has more options, who has better defensive options, who has the better out of shield game, who racks up damage better, who can pressure better, who can kill better, who is safer overall, who has more priority.

Marth has all of these things over Peach."

Well for defense options I'll explain mines and you state yours. She can attack out the shield with her turnips. And use the Glide toss to get near as well. Also she has the turnip pillar that can be used defensive. Her floating out the shield for a quick attack or retreat while attacking as also another way of defense. And may not mean much but.....toad if you know Marth while come at you with Fairs or F-B.

Her Dair is good for pressure and can lead to lots of things.

Also Peach is one of the characters that can edgeguard him well and even gimp him with one.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok. You still didn't explain how Peach has advantage Marth.

Turnips aren't that good. And Marth surpasses her in all areas except recovery.

You can't dispute that Marth is the better character. It's impossible. He is just better and he has all the tools to give him advantgae in the match-up. How are turnips anymore of a pain to deal with in Brawl then they were in Melee especially since turnips got worse overall? Glide toss is nice, but it's really just a nice little spacing trick/surprise move and it certianly doesn't make up for weaknesses. You went voer that Marth can swat turnips, but I found it interesting that you ignored the other things I said. I guess you figured since you can't refute it, why go into it. Which is fine, since it honestly can't be refuted.

Turnips are among the easiest projectiles to deal wti hand even though Peach has some nice tricks and set-ups as a character she doesn't have what it takes to stand on even gorund with Marth let alone hold advantage over him in the match-up.

Marth's options out of shield are Dancing Blade which does anywhere between 16% to 21% and all 4 attacks regenerate his other moves. DB comes out in 4 frames. Dolphin Slash is another one. Comes out on frame 1 and is invincible for 5 frames. Hits on frame 5 and can kill at higher percents. Any of his smashes out of shield are good and they all kill well. Tipper f-smash kills around 80%. U-smash has a suction effect that tends to throw people into the sweet-spot and kills well now. Also fair out of shield to be more defensive and safe. I mean Dancing Blade, Dolphin Slash and U-smash out of shield are better then anything Peach has out of shield.

Also Peaches Dair leads to nothing. It knocks them away on the last hit.

So.......there we have it.

Also I'm not a jerk to anyone unless they are being ignorant, arrogant or being an *** towards me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My main point was that peach can beat Marth. The way I seen you towards me before was not a good one. so I assumed that you were just trying to be funny or something. I think its quiet obvious that Marth is the better character.

Oh and Yes, Her down air leads to things. Its all about using your head. What part of her Dair sends her enemies flying? Her 4th kick. So what can you do? Do your dair and land before the 4th Kick comes out. Then you can grab, Utilt, upsmash, dsmash, etc. I do it alot and it works. its all about thinking bro.

Anyway, Nap time. I'll deal with stuff like this later when I wake up.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think the big problem here is that Emblem Lord saying "Peach loses to Marth" was being misinterpreted as "Peach cannot win against Marth." But whatever.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think the big problem here is that Emblem Lord saying "Peach loses to Marth" was being misinterpreted as "Peach cannot win against Marth." But whatever.
Yea thats how I took it as. But cause I did I explained the Matchup and how Peach can win and what she has to do. So It all turned out well for the mis understanding.

It doesn't always hit them away you just need to use it right, it can be a combo move or a ko at high percentages. Great analysis by the way, maybe this should be a sticky.
I explained in my post how you can use it to lead to many things.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
yea......

From a neutral stand-point looking in im gonna have to say that Emblem Lord / marth wins this arguement.

Using the "Better Player" excuss can be applied to and argued in any debate on character match-ups on EITHER SIDE of the argument. Which makes it a VOID point.....

If we say and agree that marth is a better character then its up to us peach users to show some evidence of some kind of overwhelming advantage (example: If i was to say marth was better than D3; D3 has a Extreamly effective persuado WoP = Overwhelming Advantage).

But alas.... peach has nothing.

I personaly dont have any problems against Marths but im also probbly a better player than every marth ive run into thus-far..... Marth-1 / Peach-0

So anyway lets move on to another character matchup; preferibly one deffinativly in peaches favor. After we get a bunch of these settled then ill update the op with a handy little chart or something.

oh and if your gonna comment on Marth vs Peach *cough Dark Pch cough* keep it breif so we can move on to another match-up please. Actually im gonna start us up.....

Ok so a couple days ago i ran into my first "good"(gay) Wolf mainer and OMG i dont think there is a worse matchup for peach. The sad thing is that in a 3 stock match i was ahead near the end 2-1.

What happend after will forever be the gayest thing to ever happen to me in smash history: he "hit-and-run"ed me for nearly 6 full mins. A combination of Sh, nair, and blaster attacks until i was past 120% twice in a row.

And there was little i could do about it. Wolf foot AND air speed are FAR superior too peach's. Any amount of down time he had i just couldnt get there fast enough to capitolize on; in fact i would get punnished for it lol.

To make matters even worse, when both of us were on our last lives, Wolf was already past 120% when i respawned at 0%.

I just couldnt catch him.
Peaches kill moves are ludicrisly slow when trying to use them on a speedy character like Wolf. And Wolf isnt even that fast....but hes waaaaaaay faster than peach.

Im slowly starting to fear the worst for peach when the tier list is established.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
oh and if your gonna comment on Marth vs Peach *cough Dark Pch cough* keep it breif so we can move on to another match-up please.
You can easily move on to another topic. But I think it was a good idea to Me get into detail on Peach Vs Marth so Peach players who have trouble against one can know how to handle one. And Believe me, once you start fighting tougher Marths you gonna start wonder what can you do to win. Even I give advice or w/e I dont make it cheap. I help people and make sure they get it.

And if you read through it all you get a fuul idea how how this match goes.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Why? If people don't think Peach is good, they will underestimate you.

Besides, at least she's not Jigglypuff... >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played some wolfs recently, this Match is not as bad as you make it out to be blumilk.

Wolf is not all that fast. And Peach is quick herself.

"Ok so a couple days ago i ran into my first "good"(gay) Wolf mainer and OMG i dont think there is a worse matchup for peach. The sad thing is that in a 3 stock match i was ahead near the end 2-1.

What happend after will forever be the gayest thing to ever happen to me in smash history: he "hit-and-run"ed me for nearly 6 full mins. A combination of Sh, nair, and blaster attacks until i was past 120% twice in a row."

What I think happened to you was you got annoyed when he started to play gay and you just rushed him. Not thinking at all. Just dieing to him him cause he was pissing you all for how he was playing.He cant really camp you with his blaster cause one, the range is not that long. It vanishes a few feet away from And He cant shoot another one fight away like Fox and falco.

How were you aoroaching this wolf. Turnip to FC>Fair all the time? If you time a FC>Dair on him, you can catch him before he tries to run.

Why? If people don't think Peach is good, they will underestimate you.

Besides, at least she's not Jigglypuff... >_>
If Peach players start thinking like that they will never learn these matchups they have trouble so much with.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I don't even think Peach is that bad. She's not the best character in the game, but certainly far from being the worst.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I just couldnt catch him.
Peaches kill moves are ludicrisly slow when trying to use them on a speedy character like Wolf. And Wolf isnt even that fast....but hes waaaaaaay faster than peach.
Alright... Umm.
Nair is... Like Instant...
So is Bair... And Bair has priority.
>.>

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Peach can win against Marth, but the method is very discouraging and takes patience.

Brawl Marth is less troublesome than Melee marth. 1 reason is the reduced range. For some this is an advantage because Marth can't reach them like he use to, but for some that don't realize this is also a problem. (For Me) I'm having a problem with the range. I can never tell where I'm safe and where I'm not. Since all those year of playing Marth I've gotten use to the crazy range he had with his sword but in brawl when ever Marth does his forward smash it leaves me confused. There one time where Marth would do his F-Smash on me and it would completely miss and then you think you know the range. That's where the trouble starts, because of Marths overwhelming speed the distance you thought you were safe in disappears. And one thing I realized is this Marths Forward Smash has a really big Hit Box/ The Tip is really big. from the top of the sword to almost the middle of the blade. It's insane how many time I've been caught in it. On top of that The speed the F-Smash is delivered is much greater than that of Melee marth. The fair, Fair, F-Smash combo is now more deadly than before. The best and only way for Peach to avoid this death blow is shielding and hoping she can get a shield grab in time.

The method I believe that I believe that works well with Marth is waiting and watching. Marth has no Projectiles, this mean he only has close range battle as an option. Most Marth will look for the speediest attack to use in order to apporch. The fastest attack I can think of is his sword dance. When you see a Marth do this you have to shield then grab, this works well against that. Also if it's at 0% he can be chain grabbed (at least 4 time to 28%)

Afterwards play it safe and toss turnips. This may cause the marth to aatack, wanting to stop your turnip game. Look at what he does, dodge or shield accordingly to his attacks and use your fastest attack to try and stun him then hit him with something heavy.

This is all I can think of currently. I'll think of more later on. Also floating is your best friend againts marth. You can space yourself then counter attack.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think that Dark Peach is The coolest peach, and therefore, he wins.. ^_^
Heh, Thanks :)

Peach can win against Marth, but the method is very discouraging and takes patience.

Brawl Marth is less troublesome than Melee marth. 1 reason is the reduced range. For some this is an advantage because Marth can't reach them like he use to, but for some that don't realize this is also a problem. (For Me) I'm having a problem with the range. I can never tell where I'm safe and where I'm not. Since all those year of playing Marth I've gotten use to the crazy range he had with his sword but in brawl when ever Marth does his forward smash it leaves me confused. There one time where Marth would do his F-Smash on me and it would completely miss and then you think you know the range. That's where the trouble starts, because of Marths overwhelming speed the distance you thought you were safe in disappears. And one thing I realized is this Marths Forward Smash has a really big Hit Box/ The Tip is really big. from the top of the sword to almost the middle of the blade. It's insane how many time I've been caught in it. On top of that The speed the F-Smash is delivered is much greater than that of Melee marth. The fair, Fair, F-Smash combo is now more deadly than before. The best and only way for Peach to avoid this death blow is shielding and hoping she can get a shield grab in time.

The method I believe that I believe that works well with Marth is waiting and watching. Marth has no Projectiles, this mean he only has close range battle as an option. Most Marth will look for the speediest attack to use in order to apporch. The fastest attack I can think of is his sword dance. When you see a Marth do this you have to shield then grab, this works well against that. Also if it's at 0% he can be chain grabbed (at least 4 time to 28%)

Afterwards play it safe and toss turnips. This may cause the marth to aatack, wanting to stop your turnip game. Look at what he does, dodge or shield accordingly to his attacks and use your fastest attack to try and stun him then hit him with something heavy.

This is all I can think of currently. I'll think of more later on. Also floating is your best friend againts marth. You can space yourself then counter attack.
Marths tipper is harder to land in this game. Same with his spike. The hitbox on Marths Fsmash is not bigger. Or else the tipper would not be HARDER to land on someone. It does not has a tipper going to the middle of the blade.

The Fsmash in brawl is not all that faster then brawl. seems about the same speed to me or brawl is a few nano secs faster, thats about it And the Fair X2 to a Fsmash combo is not deadly. You can DI away or just air dodge. Marth cant really combo like melee. So if you getting caught with this, my guess is, your letting him tick you off and you just DI into everything or rush him.

And Float leaves you a sitting duck against Marth. He can space his attacks with his sword in the air and cut you back to the ground. If your gonna do it, do it with caution.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I don't play peach, I play pikachu and luigi, but imo peach gets destroyed by marth.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't play peach, I play pikachu and luigi, but imo peach gets destroyed by marth.
Thats cause from what you told me, You **** your friends Peach with Marth. Play a really good Peach who knows his stuff in your area and lets see you **** them like your friend.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
1) ok everyone agrees that at anytime a Great peach player can win any matchup with pure skill. There is no match peach cant win (yet) so theres no need to state that "peach can win" in every reply. We know she CAN win. Hell even if it was Peach vs. Chuck Norris; Peach could win if it was Chuck Norris controlling her. The toipic is about whether or not its in her favor or not and why.

2) On my match vs Wolf: i could hit him obviously since i got wolf past 120% by my last life but the problems that prevented me from winning were as follows: A) i couldnt get a kill move off on him. Nair and Bair arent kill moves after you've used them the entierty of the battle and even if i hadnt, wolf would have to be at pretty high damage for those moves to kill from the center of Final Destination.
b) I personaly believe peach is ment to kill on the recovery but when you try and do that against wolf (or ike) you get F****ed up. Wolfs >b can SPIKE you.

3) Im gonna start rating the odds of peach winning a match-up if both players have the same lv of skill.

Marth vs Peach // 1.5-1
the only reason its not 2-1 is because peach does infact have a better recovery and marth can be destroyed during his recovery.

Gea

Smash Master
I think Peach/Marth is more even than anything. He has to space himself ridiculously well to not get punished, and her range almost matches his in some regards (tilts/jabs are pretty long, fair). He loses alot of his approach game and gets hit into the air much easier. Peach now can dominate under platforms now actually better than Marth (utilt) so he isn't safe after getting hit upwards, and turnips **** his recovery.

Some of his tricks against other people utterly fail, and toad actually has a use for once. Because of his range she can't get shield-pressured by him as easily but she is great against shielders (dair behind them into bair then dsmash for a shield stab, for example)

He's still marth, however.

I find the hardest matchup for me to be Meta, if only because killing him is nigh impossible. Damage is easy, dair works awesome against meta. But killing him? Good luck.

Snake also seems like an uphill battle.

Other than that I think I just need more refinement. Oh, and Samus can be a terribly annoying matchup as zair kills your approach 100% and you can't even turnip through it.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Thats cause from what you told me, You **** your friends Peach with Marth. Play a really good Peach who knows his stuff in your area and lets see you **** them like your friend.
D.Pch, I fancy myself a pretty good Peach player and I, to an extent, "know my stuff". Don't insult me like that. Where is this "really good Peach" you speak of? You? Niko? Well, I'd bet money that VEC's Marth could beat both.

In a 4 stock 1v1, I can often take 2 or 3 stock from his Marth, but only because I'm focusing on him alone. In a Team battle or a FFA (and I mean a legit FFA: No items, 4 stock, legal map), I get destroyed.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
D.Pch, I fancy myself a pretty good Peach player and I, to an extent, "know my stuff". Don't insult me like that. Where is this "really good Peach" you speak of? You? Niko? Well, I'd bet money that VEC's Marth could beat both.

In a 4 stock 1v1, I can often take 2 or 3 stock from his Marth, but only because I'm focusing on him alone. In a Team battle or a FFA (and I mean a legit FFA: No items, 4 stock, legal map), I get destroyed.
First off, I'm talking about Good peaches in general. And he is telling me that he ***** you with Marth. Not beat but destroys you. So if you have a problem, take it with him not me. So no I did not insult you.

I played you before and your not bad. Your good. And from what he was telling me, I am guessing your not really good against Marths. So I say in that matchup you have a hard time. I'll say sorry for I should have said the Marth match up, not in general since thats how you saw it.

And if you really want that bet then bring it. Tired of people getting a few wins off me on wifi and think they are the shiz. I try to be nice and humble. and help others, but I also see that dont work.

You have anymore problems you direct them to me Via PM or IM. Dont bring them here .

Niko_K

Smash Master

Ill have VEC a match on wifi 1v1 3stocks no items. I hope my lag isn't too bad so I can take away your comments...Betting money on VEC.

parkermortensen

Smash Cadet
Ouch, I haven't played RedMage yet but I'd expect that he's quite a decent Peach player.

Top Bottom