• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Critique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Is Tmacc the D3 main? i think thats the guy i teamed with at futures. he was pretty new at the game back then, but he has a good head on his shoulders and no doubt has gotten pretty darn good. **** i miss goin to tournies =[
Yeah that's the guy. He's definitely a solid player.

Xyless

Smash Master
These are matches from a tourney I went to last week (Pools round). I lost all of the sets against these people (only won one set against a girl who this was her first tourney). I didn't make it out of pools, and was pretty frustrated about how I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAxGAMnGPEo - Me vs Tutu (Sheik)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUpILrZkNuE - Me vs BigDaddy (ROB) - I won this match, but the video glitches near the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJKMSBgSLsM - Me vs Mit (Dedede)

Tutu in particular was tough, and he 2-0'd everyone in the pool and placed...I believe 4th in the tourney.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
A combination of playing the match ups wrong and some really poor decision making

Your crowning moment of poor decisions

:( Sorry if that sounds really harsh of me Xyless, I hate to sound like a **** but there were many things that just didn't work in those matches. In my eyes, you played the match ups incorrectly, didn't make the right decisions at the right time and your punishment game was severly lacking

Shiek in paticular walked all over you - you should have approached/outspaced her with SH/FJ/2nd jumped Bairs instead of getting constantly hit in Fair and Floating Dairs blind spot. Peach's Bair will outprioritize or at least trade hits with Shiek's aerials. Fair is too slow and allows Shiek to get her aerial in first and with Dair, Shiek can simply jump over you and smack you with something. Also, DI away from Shiek's F Tilt or if you're at a low enough percent, Nair her out of it. Don't Peach Bomber the statues if your opponent is nearby/at the same statue because it places you in the air in lag, asking to get hit/juggled

You did pretty good with your Up Smashes vs ROB, try not to overuse jump to a Float from such a distances away as an approach, ROB predicted this and knocked you out of the air a few times with his laser. Go in the air when you're actually in combat range

Camp more when fighting DeDeDe, I was really confused as to why you tried to run in and CG him at the beginning

Xyless

Smash Master
uhhhh...wow. I don't quite understand the thought process that went on there. Shielding for no reason, shielding for that long when he's no where near me, and punishing landing...by killing myself. Like I said, bad tournament for me, don't know why my game was so off.

It's fine to say that I did plenty of things wrong. I have been rather rusty as of late, since I've been dabbling in other fighting games (like SSFIV) and, of course, developing for minus. This was actually only the second tourney I've entered I believe since MLG Columbus. It's why I made that post, I wanted to be clear that I did pretty bad, and was looking for input.

I did super bad against the Sheik, mostly because I think it was the first time I ever played a seriously good Sheik. I was also rather intimidated by his Sheik, since him and I talk a lot, so I know his skill level is higher than mine. He's been training like crazy ever since Apex, so he can catch up with Earth. I don't even want to watch that match again, because I know he just walked all over me.

The ROB matchup is generally super easy for me. This was the first set that I've ever lost to a ROB. Not many of the ROBs I face actually use nair as a primary attack, so I kind of forgot how great it is against Peach's poor airdodge and punishing badly placed aerials. The first match, I got hit by laser a TON more, so I had to adapt.

The Dedede fight...I always act like a big ****** with the Dedede matchup. As I said in the Dedede topic, I need to stop pushing for the CG. I always like doing it as a joke ("HOW'S IT FEEL!?"), but it's not useful if I'm trying to force it.

Maybe now that I'll be back in Chicago, I'll have more time to do vBrawl and such. In Michigan, I had no one to really play with in my area, so I could only wifi and do other games. :(

Onions

Smash Rookie
Uh guys what do i need to do if i moved the videos to my SD card. I found them but i dont know what file or what i need to do to open them...

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Uh guys what do i need to do if i moved the videos to my SD card. I found them but i dont know what file or what i need to do to open them...
Sadly, you cant convert them, unlike screenshots. You have to record the replay on your wii. You can also send it to someone else so they can record it for you, if you dont have any recording equipment.

I might be able to record for vids for you (or anyone else), but I have PAL so Im not sure if that would work out. I can test though.

:052:

Onions

Smash Rookie
Sadly, you cant convert them, unlike screenshots. You have to record the replay on your wii. You can also send it to someone else so they can record it for you, if you dont have any recording equipment.

I might be able to record for vids for you (or anyone else), but I have PAL so Im not sure if that would work out. I can test though.

:052:
That would be nice if you could do it for me i would really like to be critiqued. Just let me know.

Diabolique

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, back again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxBdBlyv_aA <-- Diddy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRTGCMImeg <-- Marth

Made sort of a comeback in the diddy match, but I don't know, watching that video again makes me feel that I didn't do very well :/

The Marth one, I won, the video ends for some reason ( The turnip I threw gimped him )
Both feature some Free-pulling and Bonewalking though! (still practicing)

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, back again.

Made sort of a comeback in the diddy match, but I don't know, watching that video again makes me feel that I didn't do very well :/

The Marth one, I won, the video ends for some reason ( The turnip I threw gimped him )

it's not bad really, but it's obvious this marth don't know the peach's match up

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
This thread will be either merged into the video thread or closed/unstickied and have the video thread also serve as a critique soon. These two threads mirror each other except the video thread gets more activity. No point in having both up here as stickies.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I felt like you were very stiff. We know grab at low percent is good but dont show you want it. like your bair usage

And Air I'll change the video thread name when you want me too

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Hey guys, back again.

In the diddy match you got hit with side smash way too often. I believe we can sdi out. Also try some short hop dair. and try to keep and use the banana instead of throwing it right away

Sorry for the double post

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Thanks. The stiffness is my beginning of anticipation; I used to rush in like an idiot and get *****.

And how can I avoid making my grab attempts and bairs not so obvious?

Also, <3 triple downthrow to double Ftilt <3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Looks like you're still learning how to control Peach properly. Glad to see you can chaingrab Sheik :) Focus on your spacing and learn how to float Peach's aerials and autocancel them. Specifically: Fair. You rarely used it and it's good for spacing/killing if fresh. Dair is good for combos... and be smart when pulling turnips. You got needled in the face quite a few times for trying to pull them at inappropriate times lol. I see potential... keep it up!! Also, be careful with Peach Bomber, but I did like your use of it, at least against your friend.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Looks like you're still learning how to control Peach properly. Glad to see you can chaingrab Sheik :) Focus on your spacing and learn how to float Peach's aerials and autocancel them. Specifically: Fair. You rarely used it and it's good for spacing/killing if fresh. Dair is good for combos... and be smart when pulling turnips. You got needled in the face quite a few times for trying to pull them at inappropriate times lol. I see potential... keep it up!! Also, be careful with Peach Bomber, but I did like your use of it, at least against your friend.
Yes Sheik can escape after the third throw from 0% and can smash DI so you cant followup with ftilt or whatnot.

And I think the video threads should be separate. One is for people looking to improve, the other is just a showcase. But god help me if someone just wants to showoff being a newb

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Match 2 and 3 at the same C Spyker, I assume your other match was vs Ike again

vs Ike - In the nicest possible way, that wasn't good :/
You hardly used any Turnips at all, don't approach Ike if you don't have to. Camp him out with Turnips, especially if you're on a neutral like SV. You rushed in and proceeded to get Jabbed to death. You let Ike control the match because he got to play defensively the entire time with his massive range and excellent Jab
First Match

1:00 - why a ledge get up? When you're below 100%, its fast and Ike was nowhere near finishing Aether. Sure enough, it put you right in the path of Aether. A missed gimp opportunity, you could have let go of the ledge and jumped back on to Nair/Bair him

1:12 - Ike has nowhere to go but down and to the right. Another missed opportunity to kill him with a Uair and chase him if it missed

1:20 - You're above 100% which = a slow ledge get up. You let Ike get away with that Bair, you should have ledge hopped a Fair

1:24 - Airdodge? Toad? Something?

1:29 - Uair!...oh ok nvm Fair then. Didn't work :(

1:40 - Lol loved it xD I never thought bout using Uair to get over the stage like that

2:20 - That was so bad, you could have easily hugged the ledge and stopped that from happening

2:27 - Toad Aether please :/

3:14 - ...............

3:29 - ...............

The two biggest problems is that you aren't playing the match up right and you seem so focused on 'flashy' or 'gimmicky' set ups, something I noticed in your vs Sonic videos. Learn the match up and go back to the basics. You're doing so many 'flashy' things like trying to 'mindgame' him by Floating and then suddenly dropping down or running back and forth and then into an attack and it simply didn't work. Your priority seems to be on how flashy you can make yourself look rather than actually doing what works, getting hits in and winning even if it means being as boring and mundane and campy and use as many Turnips as possible to secure that win

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but doing stuff like fastfalling a Nair off the ledge which will always always kill you (and especially vs a character that has super armour frames) is just...so bad. You should know this kind of stuff if you're using Peach as your main. The worst part is that you proceed to do exactly the same thing again in your other match vs Ike. I could understand if you didn't know the match up but doing it again? In the first place with a character who has dreadful vertical recovery with a long lasting aerial? :/

Again I'm sorry if I sound harsh but there are many, many improvements that could be made. I'll get round to watching the other videos properly, well done on winning the Snake one by a 2 stock :)

Ameba

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgWW_eoN88Q

I'd like to know what you think about my Peach. This is one of my bests matches recorded so far, most of the other matches on my YT channel are from wi-fi playing so I didn't want to show them. I'll try to get more offline matches here and get them critiqued. =)

English is my second language, sorry about that. xd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom