• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Critique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The goal of this thread is for the community to critique other peaches on gameplay by watching videos of that peach player. Hopefully this thread will allow peach players to become better and result in possibly more top peach mains.

How to be Critiqued:
-Post a video that you want to be critiqued and hopefully people will.... critique it xD
-Please be patient, critique will be first come first serve
-Please do not take anything to offense and try not to argue, you posted it so you're the one asking what is wrong with your peach. Feel free to ask about a specific issue that confuses you (say they told you some advice that doesn't make sense for instance)

How to Critique:
-Please address every problem the peach main has, but please give true advice (we don't want to screw anyone up more than they are >_>)
-Please be empathetic, many of us know we suck and don't need a constant reminder
-To the top peach mains, critique from you guys is extremely valued so thank you for your time :)

Drama SHOULD NOT be tolerated in this thread. Please do not bring personal conflict into this thread, this is for the benefit of the community.

The priority list means anyone critiquing should attend to the people at the top. Consider it rude to not do so. I will cross out (and eventually delete) the names of people who have been satisfied with the critique.

To Be Critiqued:

striker42
Combo Knight

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Before this is stickied it needs a little bit more organization and substance..I don't feel right sticking a thread without content in it yet. As soon as somoene kicks it off I'll do so. The other mods are feel to sticky it if they feel it should be right now, I wouldn't mind.

This is good because it allows everyone to comment on the vids and critiques.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Well I don't have a tourny for like another 2-3 weeks so unless someone comes over to do friendlies I won't have footage to be critiqued for awhile. Would anyone else care to start the thread?

Metatitan

Smash Master
It's a tad hard to judge because the wifi looks so bad but I'll try. It seems as if you threw out random attacks a lot and you haven't utilized peach's turnip game really. You seemed to attack into his shield with Nair and Dair sometimes and you got shieldgrabbed for it. Lag makes it really hard to judge tho :urg:

Cia

das kwl
a few things

- You don't really want to forward smash someone who's directly in front of you. It's best used for spacing, or punishing a dodge. When you used it w/o spacing it, you got Utilted/ grabbed everytime. if someone's directly in front of you, just grab

- Use turnips more to keep control of the matches. Mario's projectile goes down, and it seemed like he was able to keep control more then you. Peach has the amazing gift of being able to float above that, so abuse it!

- I noticed you use Z drop alot. there's nothing wrong with it, but use them for pressuring the shield, or creating a diversion. your set ups just didn't seem effective.

- Short Hop Dair cross ups are nice. i don't use them, but other peach players have been really successful with it (most notable, Kos-Mos)

Overall, i'd say just work on your spacing. It's sooo important because even though Peach's attacks are generally lag-less, they take forever to start. So by spacing your attacks to hit just as the animation ends, you make her appear faster than she is. When in close proximity, use Nair to escape. or grab. Other than that, you're good :colorful:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2VtGxAmIG8

2/3 with my friend Combo Knight (Gangsta_inc on the boards). He'd like to make a side note that he knows he played like crap. Regardless, try and point out what you can. Thank you, it's appreciated.
Menotes:

Replace the multiple spot-dodges with dsmash.

Fix the awful rolling habits.

Uhm... edgeguard...? I have no idea what to do against Wolf really. xP

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
If no one can critique the video I posted, that's fine, but please don't ignore it completely. I'd like to get some feedback on the Peach I played.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You probably already know this, but you're playing the match-up wrong. :p

I mean it'll work, but if you just camp the entire match, it's an easy 70:30 instead of a shaky 55:45 when you directly engage with Ganondorf. He hits hard making your mistakes very amplified - just don't approach. It's not the most entertaining match-up, but hey, it's Brawl.

If not that's not your cup of tea, you could also hangout outside his aerial range and double-jump away from everything and punish his lag with fairs. And at the very least, edgehog. It's Ganondorf - grab the ledge! Don't just sit there with turnips. :mad:

Also, bair is terrible when offensively returning toward the stage.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Xyless, PLAY SAFER, finish your dairs or follow them up (he hit you ever time cause you'd drop), stop approaching, and don't run up and spotdodge.

Xyless

Smash Master
Yeah, I've been noticing that, since I've transitioned to the GC controller, I've played a LOT less safe than I used to, because I feel like I'm more technically capable. I'm trying to fix it, one big problem is the person I play most against is a scrub who refuses to do things like the Falco and Pikachu CG and me playing as Snake ("WHY DO YOU TILT SO MUCH USE A SMASH OR SOMETHING").

(also that video shows my constant hunger for CG'ing, which I'm especially trying to fix)

Just for the heck of it, here's the same set, but against his Ike. It's not my best Ike match, but he's miles better than the joke of an Ike that was uOPEN. Wish I could get matches with Metroid, Meneil, or Kirk recorded :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-IIYW73Ug

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Very impressive.

I can't think of too much to criticize except for maybe you're a tad too aggressive. For example you were fair combo'd a lot by the MK offstage. DI away and airdodge or bair away or something - you're getting killed.

Nicole

Smash Champion
hey guys, i would love for you to critique my Peach. I haven't been critiqued before so it'll be a nice way to start so i can improve :D

Oh this is versus an evil meta-knight. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km-kmQgR4h8&feature=channel
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJOMK0dv5Pw&feature=channel

enjoy
I only watched the first one since I need to get to class >_<

Your Peach is good, I like the aggro style, don't see too much of it and it's fun to watch. You've got dair combos down really well and you mix things up well also. I like Peach bomber :p

But honestly, that MK wasn't doing it right. The whole match, he seemed scared of you. He didn't UpB out of shield EVER as far as I could tell. You simply shouldn't be able to approach MK. Anytime you float towards him, you should be prepared to get shuttle looped, I know it happens to me all the time. You typically have to make MK approach you. Also, you probably shouldn't float dairs against MKs that know what they're doing against Peach. I'm not saying the MK you played was a bad player, but he probably did not know how to play against Peach. If you float dairs, and MK shields, he will UpB OOS and you'll get hit. Basically, anytime MK is able to shield one of your moves, it's free damage on you FROM HIM.

The way I fight MK with Peach is very cautiously. I don't ever approach him. This makes getting kills hard, it's true. But it also means that you minimize the damage you take. It also makes it less likely that you'll get knocked off the stage and into MK's favorite gimping territory. That MK didn't use tornado either. Not that Peach can't combat tornado, but it's still annoying.

Anyways, your Peach is very good, just get an opponent that knows how to play against Peach for critique next time!

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Heya! This is a wifi match >_>" but I'll be posting some offline matches once I get the replay from the tourny people. I feel like I did some smart things combined with some really.... REALLY... stupid things(he totally bated me into that utilt)...

I wouldn't say this is an exact gauge of how I play, but I want you to tear it apart anyway.

(my match starts at 3:15)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCl6jNo8Hgc&fmt=18

K-Pat

Smash Rookie
I would like to be critiqued, but I don't know how to record videos. Can anyone tell me how?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
>.>

<.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InuP_-p7LHY

Ignore the stage. And I Fair too much.
Guess I'll step in and start taking these request.I am typing this as I watch the video. When I see something you are doing wrong I pause and come here to type it:

From the first ten secs of this video I see you have a really bad habit. You roll way too much. I'm sitting here saying "he will roll to the left/right" And at the time I say it, you actually do it. You are too easy too read cause of this. You need to get off the bait of rolling and learn to attack out of the shield. Jab out of it if anything. Or simply......just run away. I do this all the time. I just run away. trust me, this ACTUALLY works. I do that all the time. Just run away. if anything, just run away. otherwise attack out the shield. You have alot of shield options. Use them. Up-B out of it even if you can/must. But get off this rolling habit I tell you now. This is gonna get you beat bad.

You float way too much dude. You are doing it from distance and going to your enemy trying to hit him. if he see's you doing this, he is gonna expect a move from you. Thus you won't really go anywhere. Also floating too much makes you slow and not hard to hit. people can break away from you. Don't start floating so far and go to the enemy expecting to hit him like that (unless he is just that stupid) it's like me playing you in rock paper siccors and I tell you what I am gonna throw out before I do it. Thus you already know what to throw out to beat me. Think of it that way. Have quick float reaction dude. Do it not that fair away but be quick about what you are gonna execute. Move back and fourth just floating. Cause your enemy really does not have to go after you. He can just wait till you burn a float or attack.

You Fair alot. Same time you spacing with that move is soo off. That is a terrible combination. For one thing you are getting easy to read with attacks. Also being aggressive in general. You have no defense game at all. You need to get to work on building thatup. Peach aggressive is not hard to get through. You have other options like Bair and Nair. Use them. And save that move for later. Times the dude was not near you and you through out fairs for no reason. Relax and stop always wanting to attack. breath and think things through. You swing HOPING to hit your opponent. When you do something, don't hope it will hit. Make sure it will hit. How? thing things through.

You don't have any mix ups or strats at all. you do the same thing alot

- Glide toss>Dash attack
- Fair>Roll back>turnip
- Float left and right>Fair>roll away
- Jabs>Dash attack

Its usually the same thing. No mindgames here. No strats. Against a smart player they will abuse you bad for this. then you wont know what the hell to do and get destroyed. Switch it up some. I'll lend you a hand to start you off. But the restyou are on your own or you won't learn anything. Your habit is in white. Below it is what I would do and what you should do.

Your habits:

-Glide toss>Dash attack
-Glide Toss>Grab
-GlideToss> Short hop Dair
-Glide toss>Dtilt (signature move of mine)

-Fair>Roll Back>Turnip
-Fair>Jab>
-Fair>Jab>grab
-Fair>grab
-Fair>short hopped air attack (space it)

-Float left/right>fair>roll away
-Float near enemy> air attack>Jab
-Floatnear enemy>air attack>grab
-Float near enemy>drop>jab
-Float Near enemy>drop>Grab (people gonna expect you to attack from your floating,s o give them something that is not typical and catch them by surprise. See? Mindgames.)

-Jabs>Dash attack

-Jab> Grab
-Jab>short hoped spaced air attack
-Jab>dtilt

Now if you wanna take it to another level more advance, all these thing I told you to fix your habits you can mix and match any of them in the same or different group. You now create your strats and mindgames. This is where you think and plan things. So next time you don't swing HOPING to hit the enemy. You make damm sure you hit the fool. If you feel they might catch on to what you are doing, then mix and match some more to keep them off guard. They won't know what to expect from you. Call this the mind shuffle. This helps you develop. ways to deal with the enemy and think on your own. Your brain starts to grow and you can just think of stuff to do on the spot. You won't be easy to read anymore. won't have bad habits. and start to improve in other areas.

Look at your vid again and look at what I been saying here. Look at your habits I pointed out. Your pattern. And see how you get punished for this or it gets you know where. Then ask yourself "If I was to switch this with that................." Play around with the video and this post. Then go at it again. work at it and watch a big difference.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

*Big helpful post*
I can see what your saying exactly. I think this is a tread with not only Peach but some of my other characters.

I don't mix up at all.

I'll record at the next tournament I go to and come back with the Peach results. I promised I'd use her in Teams.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The thing I love about peach is that she's so good at baiting an airdodge. If they airdodge you can do anything. I've downthrowed -> side b'd a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom