• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach and stages

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
Generally Peaches enjoy Mute City, and Brinstar.....play your friend a few times on those stages and c just how much of an advantage peach has their.

In terms of neutrals, i hate yoshis story, and i love Dream land.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
My fav counter Pick is Japes hands down. People never play there and it has a high ceiling Good to take a fox,Falcon,Sheik,DK. Dont pick Japes if someone plays Samus,Doc or Falco they will just camp projectiles well thats what i think

Shakugan, maybe im a lion

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
There's a slight problem with the old CP ways:

Most (Good) Fox Mains are learning Peach for Mute City, now.

I learned the hard way against Cyrain. I actually think his Peach beat me worse than his Fox. The other thing is that most people ban Dreamland the moment they hear "Peach". So in most tournament situations you're going to get that stage banned.

Personally, I love Yoshi's Story...it's my favorite Neutral stage. Also...even though I hate Battlefield, I've learned to play on it, because sometimes it can work to one's advantage. platforms to Dsmash and hit from below with Uair/Turnips/Parasol. You also have those edges which are very unforgiving to any character. Especially spacies if you get them under one.

Japes is a good CP...especially in teams. Although...be careful against someone who really knows Japes....Scar destroyed me on Japes, xD. Anyhow, that's my 2 cents

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'd love to Peach ditto people if they think they can take me on my stages, delicious.

I really like fountain for a neutral, it's small enough you can't get camped, the platforms ****, and you can kill decently and stay alive fairly well.

JFox

Smash Hero
i love FoD, DL, and BF. I hate PS, YS. I like FD depending on the matchup.

I go mute almost always. The lack of ledges hurts just about every character besides jiggs, so its super easy to edgeguard any opponent, especially marth and sheik. I rarely go brinstar, but it is a really good stage. Japes and DK64 are also both great stages.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
I personally hate DL.... Most people here play run away and its just a nightmare to play there... Also might sound crazy but Pkmn Stadium peach gets a lil out camped there too. I'm talking about fox here. Marth can also play the run away game if you don't use turnips well.. in those 2 stages. Falcos pretty much the same except his recovery is garbage and you can take advantage of that. Samus is a pain in the *** in both stages and same falcon since they can run and run forever.

I like FoD and YS from the random select. Even thou they are kinda risky cause they are small stages (main focus YS here). They can't run away much from peach and shes good in close combat. FOD the platforms helps you.

Neutral stages like Brinstar and Mute City are prolly the best for her. Be aware that you can be counterpicked by Puffs in MC thou... Most of the time I pick brinstar and sometimes Mute city. JJ can be good too cause peach pretty much covers the whole platforms at the sides with down smash and that's a good thing for turtling and cmaping with turnips.

PS. I hate Dream land at high level play. Its just not good...

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I think most people agree with you on pkmn stadium. Port Chester stadium, lol.
I personally love the stage because it transforms and that makes things interesting, but playing on it against a good fox/marth is a nightmare.

I still like dl64 even though it's certainly not an insta-win against anyone. Basically any stage that prevents stupid low percentage upsmash or upthrow --> whatever kills.

I want to get better at mute city. It seems just random enough to be good. I want to figure out how to combo people off of the cars, lol.

Samochan

Smash Master
Personally I'm starting to like battlefield against marth. Not only me but armada also has had success on this stage against that particular character. The platforms if you di right won't deathtrap you and as the sweetspot part is less wide than on ys, marth can still miss tips unless they are free to position themselves below. The platforms help camping and especially comboing. :3

I'm starting to relaly dislike fd vs marth though. No room for nice combos due to no platforms, marth is free to swat at peach with nothing on his way and peahc can't even escape to platforms or anything. >_> So it's kinda hmph stage. Good vs spacies though. Dreamland 64 is fairly good, but it depends of the player. Good campy player > peach on that stage. They can just run away in circles endlessly and the platforms are too high to combo as efficently than on bf, ps and ys. >_> I like ps layout but it's unforgiving stage for peach basically against every top tier matchup, so bwah. <_< Yoshi is sometimes fun against spacies and sheik, not so much vs marth though. Fod's the same, cept sheik and falco are not so loveable here.

For counterpick stages I don't fancy brinstar that much, I don't like the stage layout and I can't really get any advantage from choosing that stage, seeing as my buddy plays both falcon and sheik real well too. <_< Pokefloats is fun if it's no falco, falcon or fox against me. Sheik depends. DK64 is in overall a good stage, but opponents seem to gain more advantage of the upper platforms than neccesary. Mute city is always banned against me lol, so bwah. Jungle japes is too fun and broken. :3

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I try to practice evenly on all stages, but I actually adore yoshi's as a neutral. I know I'll **** on dl64, and I just like playing on yoshi's. With the CP, I'm actually fond of japes, but if I don't want to go there, Mute City isn't a bad choice and Brinstar is great for getting **** dsmashes. Anything where you won't die low is good, to be honest.

Quaz

Smash Master
I like stages with high ceiling like dreamland, battlefield, or FoD. Im not a fan of pokemon stadium at all especailly against spacies beause they're just plain **** there IMO. Battlefield is okay you just gotta play it careful with the ledges. Yoshi's story peach can die really fast but I think she can put a lot of pressure on spacies because of how small the stage is. Marth and falcon usually **** me there though. Fountain of dreams is good for how the platforms are but I dont like that one against marth either.

The CP that people happen to pull against me that really gets to me the most is Corneria. I hate that stage. Lately at every tourney I go theres atleast some fox player that CPs that stage and uses fox and thus camps with lasers and kills peach with uthrow uair at like 50 or something (I dunno what the exact percent is but Im pretty sure its low).

Mute City is pretty good for peach unless they pull out Puff. IMO Puff > Peach on mute city. I kinda like brinstar too, but isnt always what I prefer.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
mute city is amazing for puff. it's good for peach, but a lot of other chars do just as well

JFox

Smash Hero
IMO, peach is second best at it. The lack of ledges makes it stupidly easy to edgeguard. Spacies recovery without a ledge is very easy to edgeguard. Sheik doesnt stand a chance, and marth stands almost as little as sheik. Falcon without a ledge is a joke, just let him land and hit him back off any way u choose. Samus without a ledge loses her grapple, taking away half her options...

just about every character besides peach and jiggs need an edge. It really does simplify edgeguarding while taking away very little of peach's options. Also, being able to go through the bottom of the stage with the umbrella is pretty useful. IMO, if the stage didnt change, it would be the perfect peach stage.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I go Dream Land, Mute City, and Battlefield all the time. By far they are my fave Peach stages. FoD is okay for it's cieling, but getting killed horizontally is a huge problem... Dream Land is by far the best stage for Peach IMO. High cieling... wide.... walls... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! xD

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
I go Dream Land, Mute City, and Battlefield all the time. By far they are my fave Peach stages. FoD is okay for it's cieling, but getting killed horizontally is a huge problem... Dream Land is by far the best stage for Peach IMO. High cieling... wide.... walls... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! xD
We all know Dreamland is the best Peach stage but 90% of the time that stage will be banned lol. When people see me pick that Peach in tournament there like " I ban dreamland " i laugh and say i hate that stage. Then if i lose i take them to japes lol.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So, who here has the poke-floats line-up memorized? I've seen some people do it but I never thought about memorizing it myself. It seems like it would be to peach's advantage because she can deal with the changes much better than any other character can.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
It's not too hard to learn the pattern of the stage. Knowing the times that stuff appears/disappears could be EXTREMELY beneficial, however.

Peach has a bit of trouble chasing fast characters on that stage, but she'll almost never get gimped.

Samochan

Smash Master
It's not too hard to learn the pattern of the stage. Knowing the times that stuff appears/disappears could be EXTREMELY beneficial, however.

Peach has a bit of trouble chasing fast characters on that stage, but she'll almost never get gimped.
Never?

I got backthrowed off screen by sheik on my first european tournament so that I ended up falling below wobbuffet and couldn't get up. <_< It was real dumb lol.

Quaz

Smash Master
the problem I have with pokefloats is that I seem to get KO'd too fast. There are times when you can pull off a nice 60% dsmash when she's in the right position.

btw what are good stages to bring marth when dreamland is banned?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
the problem I have with pokefloats is that I seem to get KO'd too fast. There are times when you can pull off a nice 60% dsmash when she's in the right position.

Anything that isn't Yoshi's Story.

Samochan

Smash Master

DK64, Jungle japes, (personally battlefield), pokelfloats, rainbow cruise(?) and ofc mute.

I do kinda envy you guys, if people just ban dreamland against you. That stage is such a campy fox stage anyway and such an anti-combo stage too. My people ban mute city against me and on this next tourney, there will be no mute not japes for me to cp, so they might as well ban dk64 and there goes my cp's. >_> I don't like brinstar, never worked for me. Least I still haz pokefloats, but whatever good it does to me if I can't beat them in first match and take that marth to floats, only to be poke stadiumed or fd'd later. <_<

Funnily enough, corneria is still there, but that's just the finnish anti-peach mindset, which totally ignores other facts like fox >> everyone else on that stage and that peach is not the only char good on mute (jiggs anyone?).

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Never?

I got backthrowed off screen by sheik on my first european tournament so that I ended up falling below wobbuffet and couldn't get up. <_< It was real dumb lol.
I said "almost." I guess I meant she gets gimped the least out of almost all characters on that stage.

And I kinda use FD against Marth because he can't tip on platforms. It's also easier to space w/ turnips there than anywhere else. It's not a sure win, but it's not a terrible pick.

Samochan

Smash Master
I said "almost." I guess I meant she gets gimped the least out of almost all characters on that stage.

And I kinda use FD against Marth because he can't tip on platforms. It's also easier to space w/ turnips there than anywhere else. It's not a sure win, but it's not a terrible pick.
I know you said almost, but I just wanted to tell my own experience here how pokefloats can pwn people. :p Peach and her lousy vertical recovery...

Personally I don't like fd that much against marth. No platforms to escape to and marth has free reign to control the stage (guess if dd and wd are good on flat surface lol) and peach can't combo marth well without platform.

Quaz

Smash Master
are you sure Mute City is a good stage against marth? I can handle fox/falco/sheik/falcon there just fine, but Marths usually destroy me on mute. It turns into a game called "Marth edgeguards Peach the whole time and peach just spends her whole stock just trying to catch her ground again." You gotta remember that while marth might not have any ledges to grab, Peach doesn't either, and it makes her a little more easier to edgeguard as well.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
As long as your aware of typically when the stage changes I still think It's better for Peach. Since if you know when to properly stall for a bit and just land on the stage transitions rather than trying to land when you only have the single island to land on.

Single Island part they both get ***** pretty much edgegaurd wise, but since it's pretty small it's usually ok for Peach since Marth doesn't really have the space to keep resetting his spacing allowing Peach more chances of getting inside.

Still much more favorable for Peach given her survivability on that stage.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'm still wondering why people stay away from Yoshi's. People just tend to kill themselves on Yoshi's. (As in your opponents.) Also...most people don't have that amazing DI, so they'll probably die a lot earlier on Yoshi's. As Peach, we're always aware of the fact she can die early, so we're careful. Other characters just go crazy thinking they can get the early kill. That pretty much leaves them vulnerable.

I still say Yoshi's is a good CP for Peach. Maybe not against Marth....('cuz of his tilts through platforms) but it's definitely not a stage to avoid.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm still wondering why people stay away from Yoshi's. People just tend to kill themselves on Yoshi's. (As in your opponents.) Also...most people don't have that amazing DI, so they'll probably die a lot earlier on Yoshi's. As Peach, we're always aware of the fact she can die early, so we're careful. Other characters just go crazy thinking they can get the early kill. That pretty much leaves them vulnerable.

I still say Yoshi's is a good CP for Peach. Maybe not against Marth....('cuz of his tilts through platforms) but it's definitely not a stage to avoid.
I don't mind Yoshi's, but I prefer some other stages over it (Stadium and FoD). It's size kind of makes up for the fact that Peach can't kill well and lowers that obstacle a little. The platforms are ok and the stage is small enough where you can't get camped. Just watch out for Marth (and Fox to a lesser extent) on this stage.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
Congo Jungle as a CP is so underrated! This stage is fantastic for peach
Nah its not underrated if you look of PC Chris matches when he uses Peach he take people there. A lot of Peach's only learn how to play on mute city and if that gets banned where are you going to go?

P.S i think Brinstar sucks does anyone else agree with me?

Quaz

Smash Master
yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Brinstar, but it's worked for me in the past.

I do happen to love Yoshi's story as long as I'm not fighting marth. I think falcon is a little tough there as well.

Top Bottom