• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAYDAY- out now!!! - TEASER FOR PAYDAY II?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
in process of uploading now, i don't know if the world is ready for this.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i guess i'll be that guy and say it wasn't amazing for me. it wasn't bad at all, not enough really stood out/caught my eye personally. regardless good stuff making this

Brian

Smash Journeyman
I don't consider myself an expert on the current activities of the Wu Tang Clan, but Redman was not a member last I checked. As far as I know, it's always just been the original 9 (and now 8 since ODB died).

Video was pretty ****, that last combo was tight.
rza, gza, ghostface, method, odb, baby u, inspektah deck, raekwon are all clearly part of wu-tang
masta killa is considered a member too
capadonna might've been an official member at some point but that dude is whack so who really cares
red man has been affiliated but he was never wu-tang, just did a lot with method

as for this video, mad mediocre
10 minutes is far too long considering the content (weak knee drop zone kill, dtilt->knee, other ****)
this should be like three minutes
why are the credits so long
good music i guess

but no one character, one player combo video should ever be this long unless you are one of the top 3-5 at your character or incredibly innovative. (even then, you should probably cap out at like 5 minutes + a minute of credits or something)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
but no one character, one player combo video should ever be this long unless you are one of the top 3-5 at your character or incredibly innovative. (even then, you should probably cap out at like 5 minutes + a minute of credits or something)
but no one character, one player combo video should ever be this long unless you are one of the top 3-5 at your character or incredibly innovative.
one of the top 3-5 at your character or incredibly innovative.
^^pretty good ways of describing mike

Brian

Smash Journeyman
if he's incredibly innovative, it didn't really show in his combo video. probably because i had to watch five clips of him doing some variation of stomp->uair->uair->knee.
dont get me wrong, the combos that were top level stuff were pretty impressive
its just that the majority of the video wasnt really combo vid material, and fairly standard falcon combos.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i think it's because ur bad at melee. look at dr peepee ****ty *** boring combo video. it's just that they don't need flash to be a good combo video. efficiency is underrated by scrubs

Brian

Smash Journeyman
i think it's because ur bad at melee. look at dr peepee ****ty *** boring combo video. it's just that they don't need flash to be a good combo video. efficiency is underrated by scrubs
either way it was too long
thats my main complaint
there was filler, no matter what you want to say

and i appreciate efficiency, but it doesn't belong in every combo video. a falcon one is where excess is key.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Brian wtf this combo is probably combo vid of the year.

Soft knee in a combo doesn't make it a bad combo, and all the "standard falcon combos" are part of falcons game. I don't know what you're expecting from a FALCON combo video other than FALCON combos. forgive mike for not being able to manipulate falcons moveset to create an entire video of suprisingly knew stuff.

There was more than enough unique stuff in there anyway. awesome ****ing combo video mike soooo good.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
this my scale homies, and i think it's pretty good (LOL, freals though):

1. epitome of as s – crappy, not fun.
2. bad – crappy, may have had one good moment.
3. not horrible – but still garbage.
4. ok - nothing worth mentioning, but not bad.
5. average – nothing good, nothing bad. solid game play at best, at times fun to watch.
6. pretty good – at times it was fun to watch, probably had 3-5 combos that were impressive, maybe 1 unbelievable/amazing combo
7. very good – overall fun to watch, solid game play throughout, maybe 2-5 filler clips of solid game play that could have been left out, but it was impressive nonetheless. Probably had 1-3 unbelievable/amazing combos.
8. amazing – you won’t see many videos this good. 0-2 filler clips – max! damn near every clip was at least great, and it’s placement in the combo video was done very well. music is synched at important parts of the video (if not, than fit the video well).
9. damn near perfect – editing is amazing, clip placement was done very well, no filler clips, every clip showed skill and to an extent was original, music is synched (if not, than fit the video very well), very few things have been over looked.
10. there probably wont be a better video – hit all of number 9, but nothing was overlooked.

i give this video a 6.5-7

video was too long, would have been better if it was shorter. one of the reasons why dark's combo video was soo good is because of it's length, it barely gave you get a chance to become disinterested.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i kinda agree there was way too much *launcher*-> upair->upair-> knee repetition. some of it was sinked to the second song so that ws cool. the first song was bad imo.

still pretty good overall, some of the techchases were tight and the raptor boost shenanigans were cool.

7/10. ikm series ruined falcon combo vids forever for me tho so lol.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
u mean ikm 2
the best

also, sorry for being a **** up in here.
good job on the video money michael. next time, just consider being more selective in your clips!

Eager

Smash Rookie
Like other people, I disagree with the music choice - it just doesn't fit the video. That being said, this has to be one of the most delicious combo videos I've ever seen. It was ferocious.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
haters gonna hate.

mike is ****ing amazing at falcon.

$mike

Smash Ace
First of all, I'd like to say I'm ecstatic to hear a lot of you are enjoying the video. After reading through a lot of the comments and criticisms, I just want to address a few things, as well.

Out of the 65 clips (excluding credits), around 16 of them end in uair knee. One of my main goals for Payday was to showcase things that have rarely, if not ever, been seen before. I realize uair knee is one of the most standard Falcon combos, but many of the combos that end in uair knee include something innovative before the actual uair knee hits. For example, I have two reverse uair techchases, a nair -> upsmash, reverse uair to dthrow, etc. (all of these lead into uair knee). The list goes on.

The first song is hit or miss. That's the way it is with that particular genre, but I wanted to introduce a different type of music to Melee, something different from your usual combo videos. Whether it goes with the video depends on the opinion of the viewer.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the criticisms, comments, and praises. This wasn't a backlash to the people who had their qualms, it was simply a description of what I was trying to achieve for clarification. Thanks for all the views and words so far.

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
The first song was a bold choice for a bold video. Some people are going to have problems with it, but really, you can't please everyone. Haters are going to hate.

Top Bottom