• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause and Play 5th Tournament - June 4th

Mahone

Smash Champion
A lot of people bail on this tournament, but maybe you coming will help bring more in? Not exactly a spacious venue but there are enough chairs and such(though they are the kind that lay on the ground and curl up not the normal kind you can sit on above the ground).

Twitch and I are going, if it helps. =) Twitch plays even more homo than before now so you could learn how to fight more gay stuff loool
Lol, i don't think me coming will bring more people.

I love chairs, so thats a plus.

You wanna know what's gay? Beating chillin 2 weeks ago at the Virginia PR tournament, and then having to play him in losers, except this time cyrain is coaching him during all of the games, telling him when to approach and when to camp, what recovery habits he has so he can fix them on the fly, etc..... I don't think playing Twitch can compare to that.

I'm guessing ur teaming with twitch, if i could team with u i could probably break even, but i understand that you are in high demand as a teammate.

Is there a rough guess for how many people are coming? If I could hypothetically get second in singles would i make like 30 bucks?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol, i don't think me coming will bring more people.

I love chairs, so thats a plus.

You wanna know what's gay? Beating chillin 2 weeks ago at the Virginia PR tournament, and then having to play him in losers, except this time cyrain is coaching him during all of the games, telling him when to approach and when to camp, what recovery habits he has so he can fix them on the fly, etc..... I don't think playing Twitch can compare to that.

I'm guessing ur teaming with twitch, if i could team with u i could probably break even, but i understand that you are in high demand as a teammate.

Is there a rough guess for how many people are coming? If I could hypothetically get second in singles would i make like 30 bucks?
Get a no coaching rule or get your own coach? Yeah that's gay but you might as well fight it man. Sorry it happened to you though bro. =(

I don't think second would make 30 bucks but maybe half of that or something?

Twitch is my bro, bro. <3

Also I dunno man people know who you are here so maybe they'd wanna play you. OOS always helps haha.

Oh # of people.....10-15ish is pretty normal for this series I think.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Get a no coaching rule or get your own coach? Yeah that's gay but you might as well fight it man. Sorry it happened to you though bro. =(

I don't think second would make 30 bucks but maybe half of that or something?

Twitch is my bro, bro. <3

Also I dunno man people know who you are here so maybe they'd wanna play you. OOS always helps haha.

Oh # of people.....10-15ish is pretty normal for this series I think.
I don't really want a coach because it takes some skill away from the game, and it's the great chillindude so even though the TO said its against the the rules he got like a warning for next time.

Eh, we'll see, this will definitely end up costing me like 30 bucks so idk...

Does anyone want to team at this if i do go?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm. i might be seeing my gf today, so i might be able to come to this...depends on how much time i get to spend with her today, and how i can work it out. mahone, i know sneak told me he didn't have the money to enter, but he'd be your best bet to make some money for teams. Even if i don't go, he'll probably end up going with EWB.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
My funds are looking up, I can enter teams but not singles so if anyone wants to team that's good enuff to at least ensure we will get money back should team with me.

:phone:

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
I can probably bring some munchies for food break if my mom agrees to it, other than that me and the twins are grabbin some chicken, if i dont team with jmh the twins want to team with me.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I(and by association, Twitch and Stongers) can't come to this due to serious money for Genesis 2 things. I like supporting Asheboro, but simply cannot this time around. =( I hope this tournament still ***** though!

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
I(and by association, Twitch and Stongers) can't come to this due to serious money for Genesis 2 things. I like supporting Asheboro, but simply cannot this time around. =( I hope this tournament still ***** though!
i hope because you can't come people don't bail on us T_T

Mahone

Smash Champion
Nooo, i don't understand, wouldn't you make a bunch of money at this? Are you saying that you have the potential to make more money on Saturday or that it will cost you money to come to this tournament?

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
Nooo, i don't understand, wouldn't you make a bunch of money at this? Are you saying that you have the potential to make more money on Saturday or that it will cost you money to come to this tournament?
i'm pretty sure no one's winning any money at this.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Gas$ makes making $$ in NC hard from Smash

especially for Kevin since he lives so far away

Well that's why i was asking, I could just pick DRPP and Stingers up for free or a really small amount, if one of them can house me on Friday than i won't really mind that it's out of the way at all.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well that's why i was asking, I could just pick DRPP and Stingers up for free or a really small amount, if one of them can house me on Friday than i won't really mind that it's out of the way at all.
I don't think you realize how far away I am.

I'm like 2.5 hours from Asheboro, and over an hour from Hickory. I can only imagine what you'd have to drive before that as well. That's insane lmao.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I don't think you realize how far away I am.

I'm like 2.5 hours from Asheboro, and over an hour from Hickory. I can only imagine what you'd have to drive before that as well. That's insane lmao.
Well what city do you live it? I'll just Search it and find out, I mean i know gas is an issue, but could you possibly drive to Stingers house?

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
LOL, no. Jmatt would never take the pot for himself no matter what. I know the man
I know, just he can't be giving away prize money.
in the position he's in right now. i'm not saying that jmh would be taking the pot for himself i'm just saying he's not gonna pull a plank on us.

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
Seth I dont think you understand how tournaments work...
not so much i dont understand to how i dont think jmh is in a spot where he can give a big amount of prize money away.
by taking the people money and using it as prize money is what i think your getting towards me being a re-re i know i am i just think that its only best for jmh to not have prize and do whats best for him, in the end im not important in any of this.

now that i look at it i look like a serious re-re saying what i said actually jmh not prizing us with a win would be pulling plank move
mah bad.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
not so much i dont understand to how i dont think jmh is in a spot where he can give a big amount of prize money away.
by taking the people money and using it as prize money is what i think your getting towards me being a re-re i know i am i just think that its only best for jmh to not have prize and do whats best for him, in the end im not important in any of this.
I mean, jmatt has a door fee, and that is fine for him to keep, because he should

But pot money is pot money and jmh doesnt really have the right to keep that, not that he would try.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yea tourneys without prize money would be super unattractive to oos anyway. If I come to this I will bring projectm. Still need a teammate tho, mahone?

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
chill out, seth
lol, alright.
Yea tourneys without prize money would be super unattractive to oos anyway. If I come to this I will bring projectm. Still need a teammate tho, mahone?
mahone is teaming with stongers i think i would team with you but you dont know me and i'm bad so jmh is looking good for my team partner <3 that guy.
mahone is teaming with stongers i think i would team with you but you dont know me and jmh might be teaming with me <3 jmh

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
That's the only thing I have to say stingers, your trolling was old 6 months ago but you still do it. So let's keep the getting old thing out of the equation. Mahone knows u ain't ish without jims shoulders in teams anyway

Top Bottom