• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause and Play 5th Tournament - June 4th

lord karn

Smash Master
karn, we should play. especially if you're going back to fox. but even if ur sheik, we should get matches.
Yeah, I'd like to play you again, now that you've gotten better.

I dunno, I realized at g6 that I just really understand fox as a character much better, especially after my matches with lozr. I have a lot of tech skill problems, though, and I do really enjoy sheik. Gah, it's a hard decision. I flip flop too much.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it doesn't have to. i mean, their usefulness is obviously moreso with more people. but if we just wanted to, we could do pools for seeding again. i know it seems like a waste of time but...well i just know i love pools for seeding.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Because you need a certain number of people to divide up into pools to make it worthwhile. 10 people come it's 2 pools of 3 and 1 of 4 or something silly like that and it would be tough to split everyone up potentially, especially if a carload of people come from one city. I don't actually mind any of this but I could see the talent being impossible to divide up evenly due to smaller numbers or location quabbles or something like that. I agree with the idea of pools, but I'm unsure about their worth at a rather small tournament. I mean, if everyone is in the same place then it should be possible to play everyone in the given time frame anyway I'd think.

Well otherwise you'd just need a swiss format or something to have everyone play everyone to help seed for the bracket, but that'd be kinda weird since everyone would have already played lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Uhhh that could probbbbbably work lol. Day of would be easier to tell obv.

And yeah as usual it's up to the TO. Wish dat guy posted more.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if there was only like 10 then we could just do a round robin for the tourney.
and any more we could do pools.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah...me and boney ended up in the same pool even at G6 lol.

asheboro is always such an interesting venue...i never know how to feel about it. should greensboro bring chairs? i haven't been there in a while, so i don't know if theres really any room for more chairs.

...a round robin for 10 would be...a lot of sets. 45 sets to be exact, i think. possible, but...yeah. it'd be really fun though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Uhhh I suppose we could replace some of their "chairs" with yours? Would be interesting.

I'd say 11 for your idea Stongers so we could divide up pools evenly, but yeah that basic idea is cool.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well a round robin tourney wouldnt actually be that bad since we'd have all that time to do it without needing brackets after. as long as there were enough setups

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know if Yay is coming to this?

I know Moo said he probably won't be able to make it, him being in California and all :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Pinheadz edit your post if you're the last one who posted instead of double posting. Keeps things from being cluttered.

Yay will probably not be here but you never know.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cousins graduation might have regimped my attendance at this. it seems i have a really easy route to go on just saturday, when the party is, and it'll look pretty bad if i ditch the graduation for this tournament...even though i'd rather be here.

meh...

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
cousins graduation might have regimped my attendance at this. it seems i have a really easy route to go on just saturday, when the party is, and it'll look pretty bad if i ditch the graduation for this tournament...even though i'd rather be here.

meh...
if you know what time the graduation/party is you can call our buddy setting it up to tell him you may be a little late. He may try and change the time up a little?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he's graduating 3 hours north of here, in VA. only way i'm playing people if i go to the party is if i come back saturday night and play anyone who stays over on sunday.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
16 people is pretty good for pools actually tho. 4 pools of 4 people. You only need 4 tvs. It can be finished in 2 hour at the max. Pools or no pools its not gonna make the venue any bigger. Its not gonna do anything but have you play more matches in tournament. If its not pools it will be friendlies, regardless the same amount of people would be in the venue playing matches. The only difference would be the matches counting towards something

:phone:

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
I know me and Jmh will be there on sunday so like chris idk if you can make it, just you might not enjoy sunday cause it might consist of a smaller group, imo.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Teams doesn't happen half the time at PnP anyway, plus when it does teams ends early enough for a break before the singles bracket

I'm sure pools could work out

but jmh and crew get the final say, and he hasn't even said anything to begin with on the subject XD

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Reply mode go!

Legit, thanks JMH. =)
No problem!

took this weekend off in hope that I can afford/make it.
Dude, awesome. I would like to finally meet you!

who said anything about pools?

i like pools though. so either way works.
Me too, but we will likely determine that the day of.

hopefully I can make this
ME TOO. I require more sets like ours at G6. Too much fun.

Uhhh that could probbbbbably work lol. Day of would be easier to tell obv.

And yeah as usual it's up to the TO. Wish dat guy posted more.
What you said. On a side note, I've been pretty busy as of late. Celebrated my birthday on Wednesday, and have started running double lockins. Friday+Saturday nights each week. Sooooo, super no sleep on the weekends bros. (Johns)

yeah...me and boney ended up in the same pool even at G6 lol.

asheboro is always such an interesting venue...i never know how to feel about it. should greensboro bring chairs? i haven't been there in a while, so i don't know if theres really any room for more chairs.

...a round robin for 10 would be...a lot of sets. 45 sets to be exact, i think. possible, but...yeah. it'd be really fun though.
LOL, I have 8 office chairs, and 16 game chairs...and 4 stools, lol.

i would come, but I dont think it would be fun to enter if we did pools.

that venue would be so sweaty
BEST NEWS AND UPDATE ABOUT THE VENUE. THE AC PUZZLE HAS FINALLY BEEN SOLVED! The venue has plenty of AC to spare now. NO MORE SUPER SWEATY BROS. (The AC was on the fritz for about a year and some change)

what difference would pools make in the climate of the venue
No difference now!

16 people is pretty good for pools actually tho. 4 pools of 4 people. You only need 4 tvs. It can be finished in 2 hour at the max. Pools or no pools its not gonna make the venue any bigger. Its not gonna do anything but have you play more matches in tournament. If its not pools it will be friendlies, regardless the same amount of people would be in the venue playing matches. The only difference would be the matches counting towards something

:phone:
Sound logic. I also personally enjoy having a few extra matches that matter. G6 made that very apparent to me.

Teams doesn't happen half the time at PnP anyway, plus when it does teams ends early enough for a break before the singles bracket

I'm sure pools could work out

but jmh and crew get the final say, and he hasn't even said anything to begin with on the subject XD
Haha, yeah. I'm always down to host team though, so, lets do it! It is true though, I need to start making more time to surf the boards, haha.

He'll probably do whatever most people want. He isn't usually very particular about it.
^ knows me too well.

JMH: The People's TO
LOL <3

Top Bottom