• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.05 Analysis

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I main :4lucario:and im gonna try to test it now some moves.. (sorry, not my main language)

Current changes that i figured:

* Side B lowered knock back, it requires more damge for KO (even in the borders) (NERF)
* 3 basic jabs deal less damage (NERF)
- Current damage 0% and 3 basica jabs = 4% damage (it grows 1% last jab each 10% of current damage Aura)
* Air Back now hit's and recovery slightly faster (Need to confirm, possible BUFF)
* Jump Increased (Need to confirm, possible BUFF)
* Up B sometimes get stuck and doesn't recovery with the borders doing it from down of te scenario (Example: Battlefield Omega style) (NERF)
* Air Up now need to connect correctly with the feet to deal more damage (Aura) and apply more Knock back, if you try to hit with the whole Leg it doesn't kill, apply knock back or deal aura damage. (NERF)
Hmm.

Force Palm, jab combo and back aerial seem identical to me. His jumps synchronize perfectly with my Wii U copy too, so if there's any difference it's not noticeable.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Search for "Smash Bros." in the eShop and you'll be able to find where to download the update.

rhysmorgan

Smash Rookie
NNID
rhysm94
It might be, we're not entirely sure on this.

I'm willing to bet if one is patched the other will follow suite shortly.
In a way, it's like the 3DS version is a pseudo-beta test for the Wii U version. Not that I have a problem with that.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Zelda appears mostly unchanged, but here's a list of notables:

• All of her A moves appear to be unchanged; damage, KB, and general speed are the same.

• Her specials all appear to be statistically unchanged as well. I'm not sure, but there may have been tiny visual upgrades.

• Ftilt and Phantom still contain dead zones at close range.

• I was still able to cause people to fall out of Fsmash & Usmash. It appears unchanged.

• There was a visual fix with pivot grab. She used to awkwardly lean back upon catching someone in it, now she doesn't. It looks less weird now.

• There's something different with throws. All of them induced red sparks like 10% earlier than before, but then they weren't KOing till 10% AFTER they would in 1.0.4. This might be some universal throw change making things seem weird...

:4zelda: TL;DR, nothing was changed really. :'^)

Last edited:

Soul.

Yeah I can confirm Shulk was left unchanged. Everything is the same.

Eccentriczebra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kurogaijin93
3DS FC
0619-4015-4628
Question. Since you can send photos and attach a message does that mean I can use this as a means to send a message to my friends so they can join my room? Can someone test this.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Just wondering, has timestop been changed for the 3ds version? Moves like Falco's Fair seem to connect and deal damage much faster than previously.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Does the technique that you could perform by landing on the ground at the same time you would connect with an attack still exist?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Crouching with an Item in my hand + hitting C-Stck left throws the Item instead of using ftilt.
I haven't tested if this work on the 3DS prepatch but if someone got a New3DS and didn't update yet please confirm if this is a change.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Does the technique that you could perform by landing on the ground at the same time you would connect with an attack still exist?
Landing cancel? I just tested it now with Falco's down aerial.

It's still in.

Last edited:

Soul.

Someone please tell me if Diddy's NAir has less lag or is unchanged. Can't tell.

D

Deleted member

Has Toon Link been changed at all?

Crouching with an Item in my hand + hitting C-Stck left throws the Item instead of using ftilt.
I haven't tested if this work on the 3DS prepatch but if someone got a New3DS and didn't update yet please confirm if this is a change.
I've done it on the 3DS (without a cstick, though, so not sure if that changes anything; and yes it is possible without a cstick, just much harder to do), so I know for a fact that this was in before.

Last edited by a moderator:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
For those wondering... The update is only available for the 3DS right now.

We need to test more things, but Lucario's FAir feels like it has slightly more hitstun. Lucario's Skype Group is telling me to just wait for dataminers tho >.>

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Ness now does 4% with both of his jabs rather than 5% according to the new thread that opened in the Ness forum.

Testing Falcon.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
*subscribed*
I am skeptical about everything posted here and will remain like that for a while.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure this patch only contains bugfixes. So please stop asking about Character Attribute changes.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Ness still deals 4% damage to opponents with the first two hits of his standard attack in the Wii U version.

Last edited:

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
As much as I want to believe on certain balance changes, I have to say that I don't think any of this is true. Why would it be 3DS-only?

Luigi player

Smash Master
The post in the Ness boards says jab 3 does 4 % now instead of 5. Not that jab 1+2 do 4 together (they did and still do).

Watulio

Smash Cadet
I was testing little mac out in the new patch and after you turn around while running he loses some speed. Can anyone confirm if this is exclusive to 1.05 or happened in earlier versions?

Project Quarantine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ianwit8
Can someone test these glitches please?

The stage spike is an interesting niche that Pac possesses, I think it should stay.

Overall, a lot of these patches and changes aren't healthy to the community, imo. Continuously adjusting random points to the game (like greninja's running shadow sneak), while not addressing serious balance issues that the majority of which most of us want riddance, is simply ignorant. I don't think patches should be made by nintendo unless there is a game breaking exploit/glitch, but of course, my say won't do much. :p

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Ness still deals 4% damage to opponents with the first two hits of his standard attack in the Wii U version.
Yeah okay, I was pretty speculative of it on the character board anyway.
Still testing Falcon, nothing so far. Pretty sure this update is all filled with placebo effect.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
CONFIRMED! CONFIRMED! THERE ARE CHANGES!

Link's Power Bow! Look at that as the prime example! It's charging slower now!
I just tested it out and saw that the Power Bow indeed CHARGES SLOWER NOW!

There are indeed changes, I'm not kidding! Go check it out for yourself now!

I was testing little mac out in the new patch and after you turn around while running he loses some speed. Can anyone confirm if this is exclusive to 1.05 or happened in earlier versions?
This happens with everyone and has always happened

Villager seems unchanged. FAir's weakest hit still does 2.5%, Lloid still does 16.1%/11.5% when ridden, Pocket is still a 1.9 multiplier

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
To be real, we discovered that the majority of alleged patch changes in previous updates weren't true (and a lot of people didn't understand how training mode vs standard matches work and even incorrectly reported damage values). Let's wait for @Dantarion to dump this into Master Core, and we'll have a real change list... at least to the action files (changes to animations won't be possible to detect).

It is very curious this so far is 3ds only and comes so soon after a Wii U patch that didn't introduce any real gameplay changes (more 8 player smash stages doesn't really count). I wonder if 1.0.3 for Wii U is just around the bend, perhaps it will be a bit slow to release with Mewtwo compatibility and the Miiverse stage?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Guys, there are balance changes, specifically to all of the specials!
I've NEVER seen Power Bow charge that slow in the 3DS version of the game; I can compare it to the Wii U's version, which charges the same speed as the 1.05 version of the 3DS game.

In fact, I just tested; his Quickfire Bow is quicker, as well! So there are changes, but mainly to the custom moves!

Project Quarantine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ianwit8
CONFIRMED! CONFIRMED! THERE ARE CHANGES!

Link's Power Bow! Look at that as the prime example! It's charging slower now!
I just tested it out and saw that the Power Bow indeed CHARGES SLOWER NOW!

There are indeed changes, I'm not kidding! Go check it out for yourself now!
Wait is this still only for 3DS or now wiiu?
Edit: saw your next post. Never mind

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Were these things different on Wii U vs 3ds in the first place is the bigger question. My understanding was that, the 3ds version having awful controls and worse stages aside, the two were gameplay identical so any patch with gameplay changes for 3ds would inevitably make it more different than the Wii U version if the Wii U version did not also receive a similar patch. Was that incorrect? All of my testing based off Dantarion's dumps of the 3ds files in the Wii U version has shown perfectly accurate behavior on Wii U...

BusterWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6264-8715
WarioWare stage on the 3DS is no longer annoyingly zoomed out.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Okay, I've tested it all out for Link and Ganondorf, and I can confirm that the 1.05 update contains balance changes for the Custom Specials; from what I've seen:

Link's Power Bow is slower in charging and deals 19% damage, same as the Wii U Counterpart now; formerly, it charged faster and dealt more damage, having more range.

Link's Quickfire Bow is much faster now.

Ganondorf's Flame Chain slides him incredibly far on the ground.
Ganondorf's Dark Fists don't lift him as high anymore.
Ganondorf's Dark Vault has more horizontal distance.
Ganondorf's Warlock Thrust can KO now, not having any set knockback (trust me, I've done that before on previous versions).

Those are the only ones I know that have definitive changes.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
As far as I've heard, Power Bow was slower and Quickfire Bow was faster in Smash Wii U.

1.0.5 has fixed the differences between 3DS and Wii U balance. I wonder if that's the only major fighter change?

Last edited:
Top Bottom