• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.05 Analysis

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
So nothing big, right? Shame. I'm hoping for a proper balance update once Mewtwo gets released. The game is pretty balanced already, only a handful of changes are truly needed to make it better.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Whoops. Ignore post.

Last edited:

Virgule

Smash Cadet
NNID
virgule222
So i'm testing things in adventure mode and something seems weird : or i am lucky as hell or i can't unlock a custom move already unlocked. I'll do others runs till i can be sure of me maybe it's just luck for now...
Annnd it turns out that it was luck... 2 and a half run of classic mode using the home trick to get maximum customs with a character that is missing only one custom led me to believe something wrong sigh... at least i have like 10 more miis hat now :(

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just did some amiibo farming. Got repeats of moves and hats/outfits. Don't think the drop has been changed.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4greninja:
- Running Shadow Sneak removed

;_____;

Was Fox's almost but not infinite jab removed it worked like Link's did.
I just want to clarify, the jabs are unchanged; diagonal inputs don't register as neutral inputs anymore, so you can't autopilot it by holding a diagonal to jab>crouch>jab>crouch>jab>etc

Soul.

More unchanged stuff:
- Bowser Jr.
- Ike
- Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja (edit: oops there's one change)
- Mr. Game and Watch

Last edited:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Whoops. Ignore post. Site was being funky, it'd be cool if my last two posts would get deleted :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just did some amiibo farming. Got repeats of moves and hats/outfits. Don't think the drop has been changed.
I see. I've been wondering about that, as the only hat left for me in the 3DS version is the Mini Top Hat. Oh well.

Soul.

Samus / ZSS are unchanged.
The majority of the cast were left unchanged.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

;_____;

I just want to clarify, the jabs are unchanged; diagonal inputs don't register as neutral inputs anymore, so you can't autopilot it by holding a diagonal to jab>crouch>jab>crouch>jab>etc
Huh? I was able to diagonally jab with Palutena a couple minutes ago when testing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4lucario:
- Extremespeed hitstun cancel removed

I hear this was already gone in Wii U, but it was still present in 1.0.4 3DS so they're equal on this front now.

Huh? I was able to diagonally jab with Palutena a couple minutes ago when testing.
Unless my circle pad broke at the same time I downloaded the patch, I'm pretty sure diagonal jabs are gone. I could get it effortlessly pre-patch and now I'm not finding any point on the circle pad where I don't get a tilt instead.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

;_____;

Wait, so he can't because the angle of which to repeat jabs is gone? More or less?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I see. I've been wondering about that, as the only hat left for me in the 3DS version is the Mini Top Hat. Oh well.
Yeah, I also was hoping that downloaded Mii Fighters would grant you that hat/outfit. However it doesn't seem to be the case as I'm still missing the Peach hat....

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
More unchanged stuff:
- Bowser Jr.
- Ike
- Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja (edit: oops there's one change)
- Mr. Game and Watch
Does this include the Bowser Jr. clown car glitch?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wait, so he can't because the angle of which to repeat jabs is gone? More or less?
Basically, yes. If you were able to manually crouch and jab as needed it would still be possible as before.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Seems to me the focus on this update was to add that Miiverse thingamajig and to fix certain glitches.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dunno how consistent Omega Battlefield is between the 3DS and Wii U versions, but from what I've tested, :4robinm:'s Levin Uair got a KB nerf. What kills DDD on stage level at 139% on the Wii U Omega BF is killing DDD at 147% on 3DS Omega BF. Can someone with two 3DS copies verify this?

I think Bthrow also got a KB nerf, but can't say for certain.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Dunno how consistent Omega Battlefield is between the 3DS and Wii U versions, but from what I've tested, :4robinm:'s Levin Uair got a KB nerf. What kills DDD on stage level at 139% on the Wii U Omega BF is killing DDD at 147% on 3DS Omega BF. Can someone with two 3DS copies verify this?

I think Bthrow also got a KB nerf, but can't say for certain.
3DS stages have larger blastzones compared to the Wii U version.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I believe there are some differences between the current WiiU version and 1.0.4 on 3DS anyway, so watch out for that.

For example, I just tested Kirby's Upper Cutter on both versions.
On WiiU, Grounded Upper Cutter doesn't go as high as Aerial Upper Cutter.
On 3DS, both versions go the same height, and it appears to be the same height as WiiU's Aerial version.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Not really a change but WFT's sun salutation(charging) is more flashy lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I also was hoping that downloaded Mii Fighters would grant you that hat/outfit. However it doesn't seem to be the case as I'm still missing the Peach hat....
Really? Wow. Should've added that as a feature, at least.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
More unchanged stuff:
- Shulk
- Ganondorf
- Bowser

Maybe it's just me but the Pikmin AI was changed.... Like if I'm using Side B away from the opponent the Pikmin comes back to Olimar. Did this happen on 1.0.4?
What did you test with Shulk? There's a lot to test for him.

Danlucard

Smash Rookie
I main :4lucario:and im gonna try to test it now some moves.. (sorry, not my main language)

Current changes that i figured:

* Side B lowered knock back, it requires more damge for KO (even in the borders) (NERF)
* 3 basic jabs deal less damage (NERF)
- Current damage 0% and 3 basica jabs = 4% damage (it grows 1% last jab each 10% of current damage Aura)
* Air Back now hit's and recovery slightly faster (Need to confirm, possible BUFF)
* Jump Increased (Need to confirm, possible BUFF)
* Up B sometimes get stuck and doesn't recovery with the borders doing it from down of te scenario (Example: Battlefield Omega style) (NERF)
* Air Up now need to connect correctly with the feet to deal more damage (Aura) and apply more Knock back, if you try to hit with the whole Leg it doesn't kill, apply knock back or deal aura damage. (NERF)

Djent

Smash Champion
Don't even care about Super Speed momentum being gone. No more Link infinite means Palutena is surely solo viable with customs.

Lightweight glitch remaining is icing on the cake.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
The patch notes indicate that you can now post replays on Nintendo's servers and share them with friends. Might be worth adding to the OP @ Macchiato Macchiato :)

Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/p/430
Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.

Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.

Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I main :4lucario:and im gonna try to test it now some moves.. (sorry, not my main language)

* Side B lowered knock back, it requires more damge for KO (even in the borders) (NERF)
- Current damage 0% and 3 basica jabs = 4% damage (it grows 1% last jab each 10% of current damage Aura)
* Air Back now hit's and recovery slightly faster (Need to confirm, possible BUFF)
* Up B sometimes get stuck and doesn't recovery with the borders doing it from down of te scenario (Example: Battlefield Omega style) (NERF)
* Air Up now need to connect correctly with the feet to deal more damage (Aura) and apply more Knock back, if you try to hit with the whole Leg it doesn't kill, apply knock back or deal aura damage. (NERF)
I could check this between the WiiU and my 3DS, but I am pretty sure some of this isn't true and I main him as well.

I could check again though.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607

Lucario's damage did not get nerfed... I tested it against my chart https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1no8lainkxo2z9/Smash 4 Lucario chart.xlsx?dl= I'm doing more research right now... Remember training mode does not take the freshness factor into account (not sure about rage).

Hmmm, set CPU Ike to run in training mode and Lucario seems to run as fast as him now. Unless the speed difference is super unnoticeable.

Last edited:

Soul.

What did you test with Shulk? There's a lot to test for him.
I really didn't test a lot of his moves. All I know is that NAir does 7% in the middle (not sure if this was the case in 1.0.4).
Everything else remains the same.

Top Bottom