• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pastaboy Saves Only in Niagara - JULY 4-5th - MELEE AND BRAWL - RECONFIRM EVERYONE

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Like others said already, don't ban MK.

I'd like for everyone to be at their best for this tournament, and not forced to pick up a secondary and then complain about it later.
:)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
my heart wants to ban him but I know that "seasoned smashers" will look downly on my decision........still if the SBR actually bans him then by all means I can ban MK.

if it was a smaller tournament like a bi weekly thing I would..........but...

ThatGuy

Smash Master
my heart wants to ban him but I know that "seasoned smashers" will look downly on my decision........still if the SBR actually bans him then by all means I can ban MK.

if it was a smaller tournament like a bi weekly thing I would..........but...
Why does 'your heart' say no? Why don't you tell us why you want to ban MK?

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Mk ban would help me so much considering at my first tournament i was ***** by about three or four of them and there would probably plenty more at this tournament...but at the same time i want to learn how to fight against them using zelda.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There absolutely should NOT be an MK ban at this. First of all, it's just before Genesis. Why should we be forced to start practicing another character for the final OIN, then have only a week to readjust to MK? That's just baloney.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the top 10 is going to consist of:

-A certain MK from Cinnaminson (OHIO BY THAT TIME?!?1!)
-A certain Snake main from Montreal
-A certain IC main from Michigan
-A certain Pikachu main from Michigan
-A certain ROB main who lives in the same house as a certain Snake main
-A certain MK main that is fro-BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
-A certain Kirby main from St. Catharines
-A certain IC main from Toronto.

In no order, of course. But from who's confirmed, I think it's safe to say that these guys will all be near the top. That's two MKs. If we ban MK, M2K won't come, and KingAce won't come. It's as simple as that. They're not just gonna pick up another character for this tournament.

Also, no MK=no M2K=much lower attendance because people **** when they know that M2K is coming to a tournament. He'll definitely attract many players from America to come.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
guys........ Don't bring up the bias of M2K coming ............

I want to make a clear cut decision. I am aware that the decision WILL effect the outcome of attendance, however I feel that other players should not be limited by their character.

Also Anthony, the argument of secondaries is a weak argument. Both Genesis and this tournament are in 4 months. More than enough time to pick up another character, assuming you ONLY main MK.

Still don't take this post as anything close to a decision. It's still probably a no unless the SBR approves of it.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
o shi- ayaz u better listen to this man or you'll get jv4'd irl.
joel: wierd question but, by the time this tourny roles around, do you still think mtl will actually come, i mean, you guys seem to be really into sf4.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
so the only reason I want to ban MK is let some diversity in the top 16 for this tournament............. I'm pretty sure the top 8 at least is going to be all MK players if he isn't banned.

It's just going to look bad.

Really bad.

.Marik

is a social misfit
A ride would be nice.

Yeah. I don't want this thread to turn into another ****ing MetaKnight "should he be banned" discussion either.

He's broken. It creates more diversity. That's all I'm going to say.

Well. We'll have to wait until SBR decide, I suppose.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
so the only reason I want to ban MK is let some diversity in the top 16 for this tournament............. I'm pretty sure the top 8 at least is going to be all MK players if he isn't banned.

Really bad.

Did you not read my post? I specifically broke down the probable top 8 at this tournament, and showed that only 2 perhaps would be MK players. I guarantee that there will be character diversity in these results.

ThatGuy

Smash Master

Really bad.
Definately not a good enough reason considering our demographics. Montreal will bring a MAXIMUM of 2 MK's. We're going to clean house.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
SBR is dumb now, don't listen to them. Just do what you feel is right.

Although, banning MK would screw people over for Genesis.

Genesis isn't doing anything controversial to get the maximum attendance, meaning MK will be legal, you'd probably be robbing a bunch of people some good practice if you banned MK at a tournament right before Genesis.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol you wish montreal will clean house... I'll be putting an early end to that :p

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ayaz you have to start making pre-registrations.
I know............. but i'm getting overloaded with **** man..........I'm probably making a pre-reg list on AiB soonish..........or I'll let Max or Kev make it

I don't really care who does.

Did you not read my post? I specifically broke down the probable top 8 at this tournament, and showed that only 2 perhaps would be MK players. I guarantee that there will be character diversity in these results.
did you read mine?

if this tournament is going to feature out-of towners then hell, there is going to be A LOT more MKs.

I just need help spreading hype since i'm stacked for time.

Definately not a good enough reason considering our demographics. Montreal will bring a MAXIMUM of 2 MK's. We're going to clean house.
yeah...........that's MTL

what about others? I really want this to be like 200 people

Anth0ny

Smash Master
did you read mine?

if this tournament is going to feature out-of towners then hell, there is going to be A LOT more MKs.
You said that you were sure that the top 8 would be all MKs. I'm pretty sure that Dojo and DSF won't be flying over for this (I wish they were lol). I'm pretty sure that Spamerer quit Brawl, or at least doesn't attend tourneys outside of Jersey. What other notable MKs are there that would dominate the top 8? I think Inui is coming with M2K, but considering the talent expected for this tournament, I'm pretty sure he won't be cracking top 8.

I'm telling you right now, there won't be more than 3 MKs in the top 8. M2K, King Ace and judge! being the only ones that stand a chance considering the amazing competition that we are expecting at this.

Believe me dude, of all the tourneys out there, this is one that does *not* need an MK ban.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol WOWWWWWW @ MK ban you realize the main people that want him banned are falcos robs and peachs and stuff that DONT USE HIM who are voting TO BAN HIM Just so that ITS EASIER FOR THEM TO WIN

if most people don't main a character, let alone a top tier **** character, then OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE GONNA VOTE TO BAN HIM SO THAT THEY DO BETTER IN TOURNEYS THEMSELVES

over time it's only gonna get worse because more and more unsure people are just going to want him gone because it only affects them in a positive way since most of them don't main him

he doesn't deserve to be banned at all, especially with things like falco/pikachu/ICs chain grabs around and wario/diddy who are almost as good and plenty of other dominant players.

the main reason ppl want him banned is cuz of his dominance which started from me then i willingly taught Dojo a lot of stuff on aim (back when he was nowhere near as good back at whobo11 where i beat him 2 stock low % both tourney matches in a row) then got him way better then taught DSF a lot of stuff in tern making Tyrant learn a lot and Spam learned a lot from me too. The character just evolved to a super high level while the other characters didn't because of this, and this also makes him way more popular than he would be otherwise. I really don't think he's that much better than the other characters, but I'm already so good with him I never plan on switching now

as well as that I won't want to come anymore. I was gonna show with a carpool of like 7 people probably, that was my plans but if you do something so dumb (ESPECIALLY LISTENING TO SBR if they decide to do that) will lose all my respect for these tourneys

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
And of course people who main him and place 1st all the time like you do AREN'T gonna wanna ban him :p

Just saying, it goes both ways. I'm anti-MK ban anyway. Whoa wtf am I doing in Canada, I'm not anywhere close to thinking of coming to this.

Top Bottom