• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parallax Presents it's March Smash 1v1 + 2v2 Tournament

savageLI

Smash Cadet
Parallax Presents March Smash Tourney Marth 31st!
On Saturday, March 31st, Parallax presents our March Smash Tourney...

So here's the rundown :

Venue Info
We're starting registration at 11:00 AM, and will let things flow from there. Most likely we'll start 2v2 around 12:00 - 12:30 PM, and Singles registration will end between 4:00 and 5:00 PM, and start between 5:00 and 6:00 PM. So if you plan on coming for only singles, if you show up at 11:00 AM, your going to be waiting a while. Once the money has been split into prize pool and venue pool, there will be NO REFUNDS.

Parallax LAN Center
224 Jericho Turnpike
Mineola, NY 11501
Conviently located acros1s the street from 7-Eleven and the Jericho Terrace, and 2 doors down from Friendly's
***We are gonna need some people to bring their cube + smash, it will be greatly appreciated as the store does not have enough cube + smashes to support all of our TVs.

Entry fee
Singles - $20 per person
Doubles - $10 per person ($20 per team)

Prizes: 30% of the entry fees will go to the store, the remaining 70% will go to the players divided as follows:

Singles:
1st place - 70% of the prize
2nd place - 20% of the prize
3rd place - 10% of the prize

Doubles
1st place - 70% of the prize
2nd place - 20% of the prize
3rd place - 10% of the prize

Tourney Rules

Singles :

We're using MLG rules in a Double Elimination Bracket.

Rules are based on MLG will include the following:

4 stock, 8 minute limit, Items Off

Ties broken by stock and % of damage at the end of the match. If both damage and stock are tied then the match will go to Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%, both players will restart the SD and start the match on a random stage.

Stages

* Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium.

* Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

* Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett.

* All other stages available for counter-pick

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.

Counter Picking

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Controllers

-You are responsible for bringing your own controller, the store has some but it is recommended that you bring your own.
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
-Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Other Rules & Special Issues

-Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
-Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.
-For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
-For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

Doubles :

We're using MLG rules in a Double Elimination Bracket.

Rules are based on MLG and include the following:

4 stock, 8 minute limit, Items Off

Ties broken by stock and % of damage at the end of the match. If both damage and stock are tied then the match will go to Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%, both players will restart the SD and start the match on a random stage.

Stages

* Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64.

* Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

* Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett.

* All other stages available for counter-pick.

No stage may be used twice in a best of 3 or best of 5 series.

Counter-Picking

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Controllers

-You are responsible for bringing your own controller, the store has some but it is recommended.
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
-Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Other Rules & Special Issues

-Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
-Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.
-For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
-For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed :(

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ok *marks on calendar* im going to this if it F-in kills me...I miss PLX and steve and I love everyone there ( Dmon have my kids ^^)...anyways I will be there with KF and will possibly enter singles and doubles with my gf called team SHE CARRIES ME^^

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Yeah those laggy TVs are an annoying problem, especially for big-time pros like Killafox, lol. In addition, it becomes way too hot inside because of how packed it gets and so many computers together in a small area. Some ****** also need to start putting on something called deodorant, lol.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
Thats just like Wes to do something like that lol. Anyway, yeah the heat, stench of the place really screws up my game play. I have been there before, and have not returned ever since that one time lol. In otherwords I will see if I can go.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
yeaaa im still comin to this, i wont let my decision be swayed. hope ppl still show as well.

does anyone else find it funny that wes says "if those WHOM want late time pm smashing go here" and then "Best samus aka ***** samus aka DA's samus aka cali hater aka cali anti-christ idicka and ken killer aka h2yl killer aka the man who showed his balls and will do it aka spike king aka beast aka nine stock rapest aka money snatcher" in the same post.

idk. k bye

o2good4dat

Smash Rookie
yeaaa im still comin to this, i wont let my decision be swayed. hope ppl still show as well.

does anyone else find it funny that wes says "if those WHOM want late time pm smashing go here" and then "Best samus aka ***** samus aka DA's samus aka cali hater aka cali anti-christ idicka and ken killer aka h2yl killer aka the man who showed his balls and will do it aka spike king aka beast aka nine stock rapest aka money snatcher" in the same post.

idk. k bye
I thought it was funny that he misused whom.

Any idea how many people are going to show up to this? What's the usual turn out for parallax tourneys?

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah those laggy TVs are an annoying problem, especially for big-time pros like Killafox, lol. In addition, it becomes way too hot inside because of how packed it gets and so many computers together in a small area. Some ****** also need to start putting on something called deodorant, lol.
indeed, that **** smells bad.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
To everyone:

Has anyone seen my black memory card? I think it was misplaced at Web2Zone, and might be floating around with someone's copy of smash. It has the number 2 etched on the front of it, and it has a lot of game saves on it. Thanks.

Top Bottom