• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol <,< gtfo with those cat pics

but bleh,i guess i did over exaggerate a bit x-x. I know what i did wrong,i got this next time :ganondorf:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Down tilt a lot, and guess what he's gonna do next. Most of the time it's 50/50 whether you get in, but if you have some sort of read on the olimar the game is over.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What Alphicans said.

D-tilt and N-air to deflect Pikmin. SH N-air approach every so often to poke him. B-air is a pretty good approach as long as it's hitting him (if he shields it, buffering a spotdodge can avoid the grab).

Once you're in, your Jabs and grab game on him are pretty retardedly good. Also actually hitting Olimar with D-tilt is really really good for getting him offstage and countering his planking.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Be carefull of his surprising long grab range and Fsmash range he got. I always have some troubles with olimars, they're really a pain.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I believe that PS2 is one of G&W's best stages. Neutral is pretty meh -- large stage with PS1 lay out, Earth transformation is pretty meh, G&W has a lot of sliding shenanigans on Ice (retreating Fsmash is sooo safe), generic ledge camping/canceling Smashes on the conveyor belt/attacks usually knock opponent off of platform or onto the conveyor belt, and the king of all transformations: Air.

If G&W hits any character (except Ganon/ZSS/G&W/possibly Wario--those who out-speed him in the air/etc.) with Uair near the beginning of the transformation, he can Uair them to death. If they air dodge, G&W can Up-B into them and Uair them again (any attack used out of parachute falls/fast-falls at normal speed). It doesn't matter what percent (although higher is obviously better).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
^Legit post.

Also it's one of few stages that is legitimately bad for Metaknight. :laugh:

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Good points,too bad it's not allowed almost everywhere lol;l.

Also sucks nobody really posts here anymore,not even casually,compared to last year around this time.=l

Today has college now i think.
Kaak/Splice is still active but probably knows this place is dead .
Vinnie only posts here when he wants/tries to be sarcastic or funny.
Alphicans only posts when he disagrees or wants to flame someone lol.
Mr. E ,same reason^
A2 is active everywhere
I stopped trying cuz everyone else did.
Zac mains ganon now.
And new people see how dead we are so they don't bother posting lol. I occasionally get pms from these people, asking for help;l.

Why all the hate D:,we should do a community vid/project x-x like that 12 days before Christmas thread lol.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Most threads like this go through times of activity and deadness(lol). From what I saw from the starcraft thread, it never really dies, and eventually it'll be active again. Give it some time.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Most threads like this go through times of activity and deadness(lol). From what I saw from the starcraft thread, it never really dies, and eventually it'll be active again. Give it some time.
Agreed, there are ups and down everywhere. Just give it some time.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I kind of gave up on the GnW boards some time ago...
I pushed for activity so hard but it didn't reach. D'= I think we are just meant to be dead.

I just don'tlike posting so much to help everyone and no one responding because of our deadness.
But if people still wish to try and contribute again maybe we can start? x__x Seems kind of unlikely, though.
There just aren't many GnW mains to stay active.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Eh...I comment every now and then randomly. I usually don't have much to comment on though.

And I heard that Kaak was quitting Penta. And Zac mains Ganon? I thought Zac was quitting too...

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
GnW is too one dimensional and gets boring to play after a while. Maybe if we found a new Tech or something he would start to pick up again.

Also lol @ Zac maining Ganon

Splice

Smash Hero
I'd love to post and contribute more but there's really not too much to do;

I only have things to say/would like to discuss Stages and Character Matchups and Character Matchups on stages, but those discussions are too dead for me.

But to actually get better I'm working on momentum control, offstage game and gimping (should I create a thread for this it's so **** important), stage control, using both speed and patience in balance (M2K does this so well I notice, and it's really quite important, although hard to get good balance), and ABUSING PLATFORMS. Platforms add so many options all the time, it's so important to consider them.

But I don't think any of that is worthy of GaW thread discussion coz even though it heavily relies on GaW, it's more personal development then discussion provoking stuff, although maybe some talk about how to use platforms would be good, but the other stuff is fundamentals that people need to work out themselves through experience and analysis I reckon.

But hey, Offstage game/gimping thread would be cool.
Do we have one already? Should I/someone make one?

Splice

Smash Hero
yeh, depends on positioning and opponent and stuff though. And also on what type of reads you get. And also you gotta be thinking about not getting gimped yourself; worth the risk?

I only have practice in gimping Snake and Olimar efficiently. I can gimp Diddy but I see Zac do it so much better. . . Would learn a lot from discussion.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I've noticed that Zac really pressures Diddy to return low and vertically near the stage, then tries to push him underneath the stage to gimp him rather than forcing him as far away as possible like you do a lot of characters.

Exdeath

Smash Master
GnW is too one dimensional and gets boring to play after a while. Maybe if we found a new Tech or something he would start to pick up again.

Also lol @ Zac maining Ganon
G&W is boring for you to play because of your preference, not because he's simple to play.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
But hey, Offstage game/gimping thread would be cool.
Do we have one already? Should I/someone make one?
I had something sort of similar ages ago:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200473

A new one for the current metagame (that was made in '08) would definitely be much more helpful. Also, gimping wasn't mentioned in that, neither was character specific edgeguarding.

I think a thread like that would be awesome, but I've gotten to apathetic to even regularly post on SWF to make a thread. I would contribute if you or someone made it, I just don't have the time or drive to make it myself.

Also, G&W is fun to play, for me. It's all preference.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I kind of gave up on the GnW boards some time ago...
I pushed for activity so hard but it didn't reach. D'= I think we are just meant to be dead.

I just don'tlike posting so much to help everyone and no one responding because of our deadness.
But if people still wish to try and contribute again maybe we can start? x__x Seems kind of unlikely, though.
There just aren't many GnW mains to stay active.
I ain't got no internet

Would love to discuss the same things we always have for the last 3 years over and over but in my current situation i can't =/

Splice

Smash Hero
Alright Esc. - I'll make it even if it's just so you post more... I miss your activity :c

Umm I'll take suggestions on how to format the OP and stuff in the thread for now I'll just put something together so we can actually get started :)

HERE IT IS~ :gw:

Exdeath

Smash Master
When someone off-stage gets hit by bacon and you know that they'll air dodge, you can run off and Dair spike them. I'm sure that I'm not the first person to think of it, but I don't see it very often.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I ain't got no internet

Would love to discuss the same things we always have for the last 3 years over and over but in my current situation i can't =/
Ooh, aren't you in training? Or something? X__X; For the army?

And yeah, I mean, it is true that you can't do much with GnW. But an update for everything never hurts once every... couple of years...

Also, happy Turkey Day, turtles!

Top Bottom