• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If he gets hit with bacon near the edge, just dsmash. That **** has such broken range lol.
Off the stage, everything Splice says.

Also, Hylian, wanna come to Oh Snap?
I don't know if I can make it to Oh Snap. I would like to, but No Koast is right after that and that's the final for a circuit I've been playing in. I will get money for just showing up pretty much and SiiS+NK+OS would be a little much.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
D@mn the midwest for having cool stuff like circuits...
Understandable, three tourneys in a row is a bit of a strain on time and resources, especially when ours is like an eight hour drive.
May your green G&W live long and prosper on RC.

Exdeath

Smash Master
If he gets hit with bacon near the edge, just dsmash. That **** has such broken range lol.
Off the stage, everything Splice says.

Also, Hylian, wanna come to Oh Snap?
Except that it doesn't outright kill ~1/3 of the cast (including MK) at ~50% and gimp/guarantee a death follow-up for most of the cast at ~30%.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
So use ftilt, it has surprisingly good horizontal knockback, not to mention the surprise factor of getting hit in the face with a chair. Or dtilt like you want to, since it has a much larger hitbox. That move is seriously one of the best things in the game for edgeguarding.
I just like to mix it up. Also, when I get them offstage, I do my best to gimp people, but at the same time I make sure to rack up as much damage as possible. If I can get them to kill percents offstage, then all I need to do land a smash as they're trying to get up from the ledge. I'm not too concerned with what gimps at 30% (I do use dtilt) because I'm not letting them back on the stage until they've got more than 70%.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
F-tilt is one of G&W's worst moves...

Basically D-tilt or F-smash in almost every situation where you F-tilt. Except in the situations where you know F-tilt will hit and F-smash will not. Dash grabbing is also better than F-tilting generally speaking.

D-throw -> F-tilt combos on the entire cast iirc, but Dash Attack does more damage and is easier to do.

The tilt that G&W players should use more is U-tilt. It's one of his most situational moves, but it's good for anti-airs, trapping airdodges, and vertical KOs. At around 140%, it's a pretty legit KO move on midweights, and it's an option to combo into out of first hit N-air/U-air.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Utilt is one of my favorites.
I like ftilt near the edge--it's like fair but I don't have to jump. I mean, it doesn't have the knockback of fair, but it's a lasting hitbox that sits out there, and nobody ever expects such a garbage move lol. It's very situational though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Utilt is one of my favorites.
I like ftilt near the edge--it's like fair but I don't have to jump. I mean, it doesn't have the knockback of fair, but it's a lasting hitbox that sits out there, and nobody ever expects such a garbage move lol. It's very situational though.
D-tilt near the edge >>>>>>>> F-tilt near the edge.

Against like everyone all the time except other G&Ws, MK, and Jiggs.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Hey hey, been messing with diddy's banana and the double footstool banana lock which is pretty ****. I'm trying to find mixups to open a footstool. Sofar I found that you can short hop, Dthrow banana, immediate recatch, and footstool guarrante right after. But I guess there are lot of more options because this one is pretty hard to land. Banana infinites are hype atm.

I actually didn't knew G&W had a banana lock, I learned that first by watching a Zss video, and then another with random chars doing the lock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wxSc8JoCc

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I still have this whole week left before I get out for break. Maybe it's just where you live that is weird.

You know, for a while, with all those posts in the offstage thread and other threads, I thought that this board would become not-so-dead eventually. I mean we had a lot more posts than usual during those few days it seemed.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Thank you so much!

Wowzers!! That is.. interesting! Is it usually like that where you live?
Well yeah it is. I've been used to the system though, so I don't really mind. Just live with it. :)

I still have this whole week left before I get out for break. Maybe it's just where you live that is weird.

You know, for a while, with all those posts in the offstage thread and other threads, I thought that this board would become not-so-dead eventually. I mean we had a lot more posts than usual during those few days it seemed.
Let's keep that offstage topic alive, we need as many theory craft, examples, and discution as possible.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
G&Wers on aib occasionally ask me why i don't update stuff or come here anymore x-x.
Reason is that i feel like I'm all talk when i contribute my thoughts to something because when it comes to tournies, i can't do half the stuff i talk about most of the time lol. Though i'm still happy to talk about G&W stuff Via Aim,feel free:D.

I still have MK troubles so it gets discouraging at times=(. Been playing less wifi and more offline lately,so hopefully it shows these next few tournies.

Finals end this week so I'll make it my goal to finally finish all the stages in the thread during the break:D.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Yeah, but that's wifi. I just kind of charge smashes and let people run into them. There are vids if you want to see what I mean.
I wish there were more offline events in my region.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
ZSS, Diddy, and Wario have the best/easiest/most practical banana infinites IIRC.
Zss have many setups, while the other two others have barely any setups. I can definitively tell you that the Zss one is so easy to do that's it's clearly broken compared to Diddy and Wario's version.

The G&W one is pretty hard to setup (lolfootstool) and not to mess up until kill %.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Well yeah it is. I've been used to the system though, so I don't really mind. Just live with it. :)

Let's keep that offstage topic alive, we need as many theory craft, examples, and discution as possible.
Yeah! That's interesting.

G&Wers on aib occasionally ask me why i don't update stuff or come here anymore x-x.
Reason is that i feel like I'm all talk when i contribute my thoughts to something because when it comes to tournies, i can't do half the stuff i talk about most of the time lol. Though i'm still happy to talk about G&W stuff Via Aim,feel free:D.

I still have MK troubles so it gets discouraging at times=(. Been playing less wifi and more offline lately,so hopefully it shows these next few tournies.

Finals end this week so I'll make it my goal to finally finish all the stages in the thread during the break:D.
But as long as you can talk about things it still helps I'd say!

And yeah! I agree with the AIM thing. Me and Vinnie usually IM each other a lot. x'= So you can send me an IM, too. But I'm more, more, more than welcome answering any questions here on the boards.

What is your problems you have with MK?
I feel like I know that matchup more than anything. So I can definitely help you!

I think you guys shouldn't go play WiFi thinking about winning, but as a learning experience. Because you can do stuff on WiFi that you can't do in real life. And vice-versa.
GnW gets a boost on WiFi, but so does a lot of other characters, too. But take advantage of that.
Mainly use it for matchup experience, or try certain things. I've been playing a ton of WiFi lately and it has certainly help me. I am going to a tournament this weekend for the first time in ages, so I'll tell you guys how it go if people are interested. ='p
I love telling people stages I used vs. certain characters and how they work.

For instance, I take MKs to Battlefield if I'm too nervous about RC. Never choose a stage you feel nervous about. But BF is good vs. MK. Don't think I really lost there yet vs. a MK and I've played some fantastic MKs.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I think you guys shouldn't go play WiFi thinking about winning, but as a learning experience.
^^^^
Also, I have AIM. I'd like to chat with ya'll sometime, I've never actually gotten to chat with another G&W main about the game before. UTDZac housed OK for MLG, but we didn't really talk about the game very much. He quit brawl right after that too. :'(

Exdeath

Smash Master
Zss have many setups, while the other two others have barely any setups. I can definitively tell you that the Zss one is so easy to do that's it's clearly broken compared to Diddy and Wario's version.

The G&W one is pretty hard to setup (lolfootstool) and not to mess up until kill %.
Seeing as Nair, Bair or a good read on an air dodge into the ground usually lead into it, G&W has decent set-ups. Diddy's is the second least difficult to perform after ZSS and has the best/safest set-ups into it. Side-B, double banana lock, and other things combo into the infinite for Diddy IIRC. Wario is probably the third best at the banana lock because of his mobility; it gives him a lot more room to work with in terms of bananas. I'm pretty sure that Wario can make a mistake and still continue the infinite.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be going to be visiting my cousins next week in Texas. And I may possibly be able to go to a tournament there, so I'm sorta kinda excited. I'm just going to look up if there is one whlie I'm there.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Yeah! That's interesting.

But as long as you can talk about things it still helps I'd say!

And yeah! I agree with the AIM thing. Me and Vinnie usually IM each other a lot. x'= So you can send me an IM, too. But I'm more, more, more than welcome answering any questions here on the boards.

What is your problems you have with MK?
I feel like I know that matchup more than anything. So I can definitely help you!

I think you guys shouldn't go play WiFi thinking about winning, but as a learning experience. Because you can do stuff on WiFi that you can't do in real life. And vice-versa.
GnW gets a boost on WiFi, but so does a lot of other characters, too. But take advantage of that.
Mainly use it for matchup experience, or try certain things. I've been playing a ton of WiFi lately and it has certainly help me. I am going to a tournament this weekend for the first time in ages, so I'll tell you guys how it go if people are interested. ='p
I love telling people stages I used vs. certain characters and how they work.

For instance, I take MKs to Battlefield if I'm too nervous about RC. Never choose a stage you feel nervous about. But BF is good vs. MK. Don't think I really lost there yet vs. a MK and I've played some fantastic MKs.

Approaching=l lol.i know it's a pretty broad topic but bleh,ill get it down eventually. Offline MK exp is all i need really.

Also break has started so maybe things can pick up here D:.
For those who haven't seen it, a new way for fast shield recovery and grab break has been discovered(though there are always people that claim to have known this already lol).

Original Post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11847996&postcount=6810
Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pHZUJGG0k

But ya, Its not too difficult to do or get down and it's pretty effective. Also it's great against ICs and Olimar,as it says:reverse:. It's worth a test.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Approaching=l lol.i know it's a pretty broad topic but bleh,ill get it down eventually. Offline MK exp is all i need really.

Also break has started so maybe things can pick up here D:.
For those who haven't seen it, a new way for fast shield recovery and grab break has been discovered(though there are always people that claim to have known this already lol).

Original Post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11847996&postcount=6810
Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pHZUJGG0k

But ya, Its not too difficult to do or get down and it's pretty effective. Also it's great against ICs and Olimar,as it says:reverse:. It's worth a test.
Damn, time to learn to remove smash on C-stick. Seriously, reacting fast enough to put index on the stick, turning the d-pad while going crazy on C-stick + butttons, just kinda makes it insane.

Cool stuff. :)

Allied

Smash Master
As a presentative of the ROB boards i'm sorry to say that we are taking Vinnie to the
ROB
Side.

I hope this doesn't offend you in anyway.

Good luck in the metagame.

Top Bottom