• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Vinnie

Smash Master
As a presentative of the ROB boards i'm sorry to say that we are taking Vinnie to the ROB Side.

I hope this doesn't offend you in anyway.

Good luck in the metagame.
NOOOOOOOOOO HELP MEEE-----

*reaches hand out... but gets sucked into the ROB vortex*

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
marry crimbus and hopy holladays G&W boards!
I got a sick G&W Tshirt among my presents this year. How was everyone's day?

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
marry crimbus and hopy holladays G&W boards!
I got a sick G&W Tshirt among my presents this year. How was everyone's day?
I envy you so much... =O..........

My xmas was alright. Not much playing but I beat a Diddy and an Olimar last week. >=D

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
So, I've been thinking about something Today said in AIM a few weeks ago, about the community not really caring about the community anymore. I know it's true, and I really don't like it.
Can our boards be better than the rest? Internet friends can be just as good as IRL friends, somebody chat it up with me!

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
So, I've been thinking about something Today said in AIM a few weeks ago, about the community not really caring about the community anymore. I know it's true, and I really don't like it.
Can our boards be better than the rest? Internet friends can be just as good as IRL friends, somebody chat it up with me!
No matter what you do, you can't prevent it. It will happen. I've been busy recently, cannot brawl as much as I wish I could...

LOL @ Alphicans

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So my friend (who doesn't even play G&W) and I were brainstorming ideas for B-reversed bacon, and all we came up with short hopping off the edge, b-reverse, then hit them with the pan.

I got someone with it today. It only works at high percents though due to frying pan's weak spike. It caught him off guard, and it'll kill those with poor vertical recoveries.

That is all.

EDIT: It just hit me someone might have come up with/mentioned this before, so if it has, my bad.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Dead, dead boards~ ='/
Actually, this is the most activity in awhile!

@KingFunk, If your friend would like any help just ask him to PM me. I'm also apart of the GnW Mentor program. I will help lead him step by step, play with him, watch videos, etc.

Also, guys. Me and Vinnie are coming to my huge tournament (of course I'll attend my own tourney)! It should have over 100 people and tons of good players.
We'll both be supporting each other. We'll tell you how it goes with GnW. We'll definitely be doing our best. And I'll try and get videos.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'll be going to a small tourney next Saturday, the first one I'll be bringing G&W to, will most likely get videos as well. (not that concerns anyone, they won't be anything AMAZING)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Good luck Day! I hope it goes well for ya'll.
I'll be going to a few tournaments this month, hopefully I do well. I'll try to get vids so ya'll can help me get better.
Thank you! ('=
I'm hoping me and Vinnie will find each other in grand finals. ='P I know he'll knock out M2K.

And sure!

And good luck, Yars! ='D

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'll be going to my city's monthly next saturday, and then a bigger tournament on the 22nd (like a regional). Aiming for top 2 for the monthly, and if I am lucky top 3 at the regional. Good washington players like jem and felix are supposidly going, so that could be rather tough.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You got dis, Alph! ('=

Also, guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjFQtAubet4
Power Shield Cancelling.
This can hurt GnW... lol.
Good thing it's not super easy.
It isn't really hurtful to G&W. The moves that this would be done with vary enough in timing that it isn't practical outside of a hard read (e.g. Nair) or are already bad because of SDI (e.g. Bair). Also, don't be fooled; "PSC" isn't anything more than buffering a move during block stun. The only difference between this and normal buffering OoS is that it's specifically a power shield. Even then, it doesn't affect aerials, Up-B, and Usmash outside of spacing. As far as power shield>punishing as G&W goes, I personally feel that dash attack punishes the most due to the range/speed, with Dtilt and Jab being its main competition. Power shield>Jab is very useful against characters who come within Jab range and use otherwise safe aerials (e.g. Marth, ZSS, etc.).

Top Bottom