• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am so glad people here realize that it is a yellow gaw. Everyone tells me I am ******** when I call it yellow, and calls it green.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Heyyyyyyy guys. It's been awhile =P

Me and the bros are thinking about getting back into smash, so I gotta ask. Anything new?
I scanned the thread but didn't really see anything that stood out. I'll do some deeper digging in a bit, but figured I'd ask anyways

2-DJeff

Smash Master
When someone off-stage gets hit by bacon and you know that they'll air dodge, you can run off and Dair spike them. I'm sure that I'm not the first person to think of it, but I don't see it very often.
its not really safe and the bacon dosnt always hit

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I talked to Pierce in the last BBR chat. He thinks G&W's metagame is underdeveloped. Just thought I'd report that. =P

One of the key things he noted is that to be a successful G&W, you absolutely have to know how to use his ground game.

Splice

Smash Hero
tbh I'd include SH Nair as one of GaWs ground game moves... move for all situations <3
Dash and Dtilt and Utilt probs could be utilised better in many pro vids ive seen, and my own game... eheh...

Exdeath

Smash Master
its not really safe and the bacon dosnt always hit
I didn't say anything about being safe; it would be on momentum and I specifically said that the conditions are that the opponent is both hit by bacon and going to air dodge when you jump at them (and they would need to be off-stage for it to really be a better option than Fair/Nair).

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I didn't say anything about being safe; it would be on momentum and I specifically said that the conditions are that the opponent is both hit by bacon and going to air dodge when you jump at them (and they would need to be off-stage for it to really be a better option than Fair/Nair).
true you didnt say its safe but im saying thats why you never see it lol

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Usmash charged IASA is really amazing. You can quickly react to nearly anything.
IASA being...?

Dash and Dtilt and Utilt probs could be utilised better
I like using dash when I know they're going to spot dodge, becuase the hitbox lingers a bit, so you can still get a hit, kinda the same with F-smash. Pretty useful if you can read your opponent well enough.

Splice

Smash Hero
true you didnt say its safe but im saying thats why you never see it lol
It's actually a good idea though and it pays off...

people actually should use bacon more it's such a great move. Well not great, but underrated anyway. From what I've seen from other GaW players videos, I'd say I probably use the most bacon...

Oh except for UTD Zac vs DMG that one time xD

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
IASA being...?

I like using dash when I know they're going to spot dodge, becuase the hitbox lingers a bit, so you can still get a hit, kinda the same with F-smash. Pretty useful if you can read your opponent well enough.
Attack which is Interupted As Soon As somehing else is done. Try Buffering Dtilt right after Usmash, you'll see it will launch during Usmash recovery frames before it finishes. That's IASA attack, whatever. Lots of characters got moves with IASA. Some good some bad. G&W Usmash happen to have a nice one. Your opponent might think they can punish your Usmash, but you can Dtilt,Jab, or else to protect yourself from opponent rushing to you right after.

Sorry if I'm not clear enough, I was not born in USA.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Come one come all the...

LOUISIANA DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

This December 17th and 18th!!!

December 17th will have a tournament at Play n Trade Bluebonnet in Baton Rouge, LA. This is more of a local tournament but if you had plans on arriving in the bayou on Friday come to it anyway, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes from Lafayette.

Then on Saturday come be a part of the event where titans clash, The Awesome Smash of Louisiana, also known as TASOL!!! Boasting a large venue with a Pot Bonus and...

ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET INCLUDED IN THE VENUE FEE!!!

We just have two words for you...

GET

HYPE

For everyone who can't take hints on links:
Warm-up Tourney:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243
Big Tourneyhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
Venue Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg
LA Pride Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

Credits:
Jiovanni the Womanslayer - Hype Machine
Curlz - TASOL TO and Venue trailer creator
Fakegeorge - PnT Bluebonnet TO
Hyro - LA Pride trailer creator

2-DJeff

Smash Master
It's actually a good idea though and it pays off...

people actually should use bacon more it's such a great move. Well not great, but underrated anyway. From what I've seen from other GaW players videos, I'd say I probably use the most bacon...

Oh except for UTD Zac vs DMG that one time xD
im not aying its a bad move im saying trying to his some 1 with dair and risking a SD is not safe... Go ahead and dair after hitting MK with bacon offstage and ull get up B by shuttle loop and die lol i nvr said bacon is bad its good im just saying thats why he dosnt ever see that setup he is talking about

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. And your horrible spelling is making my eyes bleed.

B reverse Bacon is incredibly underused. Even I don't use it enough.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. And your horrible spelling is making my eyes bleed.

B reverse Bacon is incredibly underused. Even I don't use it enough.
dude shut up i kno xdeath and im not trying to spell because this isnt a college essay so stfu its Smash boards not a ***ing novel. i wasnt even talking about the bacon in genral read or message back in forth i was talking about (DARING!!!!) of edge (AFTER!!!!!!!) using bacon so stfu and no1 asked you. read previous post or stfu. If you dont like what i say dont read it. im not going to argue with you so dont bother responding

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
dude shut up i kno xdeath and im not trying to spell because this isnt a college essay so stfu its Smash boards not a ***ing novel. i wasnt even talking about the bacon in genral read or message back in forth i was talking about (DARING!!!!) of edge (AFTER!!!!!!!) using bacon so stfu and no1 asked you. read previous post or stfu. If you dont like what i say dont read it. im not going to argue with you so dont bother responding
It's not really a question of content. The point is you're incredibly hard to understand. There is proper terminology for everything and if you're making a point, you should be clear about using terminology correctly and spelling it properly. No I'm not expecting college level writing skills or vocabulary. I'm expecting you to write at minimum at a 5th grade level during intelligent discussion. Even my little sister in elementary school writes paragraphs that are more coherent than the ones you just wrote.

Actually it is partially a question of content. I think you don't know what a slowfall D-air is and that people can space and DI correctly, so there really isn't actually a risk of SDing for trying to edgeguard Metaknight even if he tries to Up-B. But then again, you can correct me. I'll give you one more chance to clarify what exactly you're saying. And you can't just tell me "don't like it don't read it" when in fact you're posting in a location where I consistently read and contribute information.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
It's not really a question of content. The point is you're incredibly hard to understand. There is proper terminology for everything and if you're making a point, you should be clear about using terminology correctly and spelling it properly. No I'm not expecting college level writing skills or vocabulary. I'm expecting you to write at minimum at a 5th grade level during intelligent discussion. Even my little sister in elementary school writes paragraphs that are more coherent than the ones you just wrote.

Actually it is partially a question of content. I think you don't know what a slowfall D-air is and that people can space and DI correctly, so there really isn't actually a risk of SDing for trying to edgeguard Metaknight even if he tries to Up-B. But then again, you can correct me. I'll give you one more chance to clarify what exactly you're saying. And you can't just tell me "don't like it don't read it" when in fact you're posting in a location where I consistently read and contribute information.
actually i do know what it is... xdeath and me talked about it today at nll tourney and he understands what i am talking about. So yea obviously you dont know me and no one dose except a few out side of FL so yea dont question my skill with GNW and what i know

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't include you because you switched to ICs
but yeah I guess you use G&W for certain CPs and stuff
Yeah I use GW at almost every tournament I attend for either counterpicks or doubles.

Splice

Smash Hero
@2D: Even in that particular set up, if you space Dair so it hits the top of the shuttle loop, then GaW wins. If the Bacon hits MK right near the edge, and GaW is right at the end of the stage, I think he can get away with a Dair, but regardless it's still viable to bait the MK into UpBing (depending on height) because GaW has tools to punish that or bait that and still land a Dair. If you know the way MK goes round in shuttle loop, then you will be able to see if you have time to Dair before getting UpB'd or not, and you can trick the MK.

MK can always choose to avoid the situation altogether by just moving down after getting hit by the bacon, that is what is really bad, because then he may steal stage control. That's why, as you do this, you still want to, uh, 'hug' the stage.

Top Bottom