• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
hey im back! and really want to go to phase 5 which i hear will be UTDzacs last tourney. so after he's gone, who will be the best G&W? top 3? i dunno...
....................................................................................................

Anyway I've been saying Vinnie is the best GnW for the past few months and I still stand by that, and whats even better is he's rapidly improving.

Also after I kill Vinnie I'll be the best GnW in the world, so its not like Vinnie matters anyway.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
You probably won't get the chance to do that once I dust my controller off.
If I do, because there's COD:Black Ops and Borderlands...and Goldeneye 007....and Kirby's Epic yarn....and Mickey's Epic Adventure....

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
gannon. haha i love how the backroom put F: and then Ganon: for the rank categories. i dunno i'll watch some vids of vinnie. im about as good as zac from the vids ive seen cept hes better at judgement and bucket braking

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
x-x ^^^

I know when people watch vids of good G&Ws they're like "Oh i do exactly what he does,i must be on the right track" but it's not that simple lol.

All G&Ws have the same playstyle
You have to pay attention to their reads, how they react to certain situations, and how they follow up.
At least that's what i do=l, I try and compare it to what i would do in that situation and i learn from that.

Im still bad tho:D lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
gannon. haha i love how the backroom put F: and then Ganon: for the rank categories. i dunno i'll watch some vids of vinnie. im about as good as zac from the vids ive seen cept hes better at judgement and bucket braking
Judgement isn't a skill, and bucket braking is easy, so if you're not as good as him at bucket braking then.....

Listen, I don't want to be mean, but judging how good you are in comparison to him by videos is a foolish thing to do. Do you really think you could beat people like razer, gnes and lee martin? I doubt it :/.

Splice

Smash Hero
Judgement isn't a skill, and bucket braking is easy, so if you're not as good as him at bucket braking then.....
Judgement is a skill and it's kinda important sometimes too lol
Bucket breaking is a bit hard if you are trying to DI and Bucket Break that took some time.

HEY UTD I HERD U LOST TO A SAWNICK
plz explain
vids?

Splice

Smash Hero
I came equal first at a tourney. Didn't finish on time Losers finals still had to be played.
Wouldve come 2nd if it finished though I'm pretty sure. **** Snake mains too hard to come first ><

I dont know the MU stiiiiiiiiiillll

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Once marth gets that lead,the difficulty of the match up really starts to show=l
He didn't do bad. Mike was playing pretty safe though,probably knowing of how early G&W can kill marth lol.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
G&W's worst match-up + best Marth.
I know it's a horrible matchup, I just wanted to know if something from outside affected his gameplay. He did some weird things in esp on 2nd match.

Also I consider best marth Mr.R and Leon. Europe Bias ftw.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It looked like Zac got pretty frustrated game 2, and did some stupid things (upB into bombs lol?). W.e, playing Mike shouldn't have even happened! SOOOONIIIICCCCCCC

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah, can't say I really enjoy fighting Snakes that much either!

And yeah, don't quit if it was something you lost! It happens, plus, Marth kiinnd of beat GnW!

Just stay positive and keep your head up high for the next time!

I feel like vs. Marth you have to be really patient and stop and think a lot.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master

Listen, I don't want to be mean, but judging how good you are in comparison to him by videos is a foolish thing to do. Do you really think you could beat people like razer, gnes and lee martin? I doubt it :/.
haha nah man i cant beat them. just my problem with bucket braking is i play with just a sideways wii remote. no nun chuck so i can hit down on accident and die faster haha. just workin on that but ive seen like what i would do in situations with him on vids and usually i do what he does or something thats better or worse. nothing else to compare too Phase 5 will be my first tourney sooo

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I wanna play Mike's Marth again someday...I'm honestly pretty confident in my knowledge of the Marth matchup. That matchup just doesn't worry me all that much. Even less so know that I realized that I can use ledgehop F-air laglessly (and potentially with invincibility frames?)

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I wanna play Mike's Marth again someday...I'm honestly pretty confident in my knowledge of the Marth matchup. That matchup just doesn't worry me all that much. Even less so know that I realized that I can use ledgehop F-air laglessly (and potentially with invincibility frames?)
This thing is with that trick (which I use now from time to time thanks to you), is that the hitbox out of F-air isn't as long as the animation, making the last few frame as you hit nothing which really hurts the ability to pressure as long as possible when going back to the stage. And if your opponent is too close and love shielding like mad, I better F-air regrab the edge and repeat.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah you have 12 frames of ending lag...and I think 3 frames of landing lag (1 resulting from the SJR glitch, 2 for landing).

Spacing this is the hard part, but if you're good at that, the ending lag is low enough that you can really mess with someone who shields in anticipation of the hit. Plus, weak hit -> Grab shenanigans are fun.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Looks like a good team. I think you sometimes needed to rely less on B-air and U-air, and that you didn't edgeguard as well as you could have though.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol game 1. Lucky upB kill, and your 2v1 needs work, but pretty good first game overall. Teaming with olimar is hard sometimes, as it is stupid to coordinate properly. My partner plays pika and oli, and I much prefer pika as a partner (less to worry about recovery wise, and bucket is godly).

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah! That day I was still getting use to a lot of stuff. OoS, new controls, etc. So I most definitely learnt a lot! Fairs are really good! Thanks.

Yeah, it's a pretty good team!
My ultimate favorite is still MK + GnW.
The only issue is with Oli GnW is all the kill power, so you and your partner should make up a system on what to do or who does what. And Oli can die kind of easily (gimps) so you have to watch out for him a lot.

@Alphi, Yeah really! And ah, yeah! I figured I lasted as long as I could vs. 2. Honestly don't know what to do too much except just playing extremely carefully. I think my goal was to just live and tack on damage as much as possible. So getting 3 stocks down to 2 at high percents was the best I could do.

Never really played with a Pikachu before.

I really wish I had my Kel + Overswarm videos. I honestly believe double MK just loses to GnW. I don't think I've ever lost to a double MK.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
From time to time when you hit one of your opponents with U-air, go help your teammate. It also seems that every time your opponents reached higher percentages, you became smash happy. Gotta be careful with that. And watch out for your teammate's successful grabs as those can lead to some good damage/kills. Not bad overall but you just gotta be a bit more patient.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Pikachu and Fox are the most stupidly underrated partners imo. Just in general, not necessarily teaming with G&W.

Both of them just have incredible mobility and ability to get out of trouble in a chaotic environment. Fox can score random KOs easily with Up-smash as well, while Pikachu's Thunder has INCREDIBLE utility in teams.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pika's thunder can change the momentum of a match in a heartbeat, especially if gaw manages to use his windboxes effectively (upbing mk's nado for example).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sweetspot Thunder is DEVASTATING too. That **** is RETARDEDLY powerful lmao. Has by far some of the most insane base knockback in the game. Like you hit someone with that near the edge, they DIE.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Were there any other GnWs at MLG? I hope it all went well in the end! o'=

Sorry I've been busy most of this week. I turned 19 yesterday!

I was wondering how many people would want the frame date thread updated if I did frame date work?
I would. It could use more +/- on hit data in particular.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
got 3rd at an MK banned tourney saturday, got beat pretty badly by dabuz and anti 1-3.
Meta Knight was banned at this event.

-Singles-
Entrants: 17
Entry Fee: $10

1: Anti (Split) - :snake::falco::wario::pikachu2::mario2: ($76.50)
2: HyperDabuz (Split) - :olimar::kirby2: ($76.50)
3: Penta - :gw: ($17.00)
4: Kirin - :mario2::link2::marth:
5: John #s - :lucario:
5: C4?! - :falco:
7: Will - :dk2:
7: Pane - :wolf:
9: Eli - :kirby2::falcon::wario::peach:
9: Wes - :samus2::sonic:
9: MechWarrior - :samus2:
9: Hippie - :luigi2:
13: Drew - :diddy:
13: Vanek - :dedede::snake:
13: Doowop - :luigi2:
13: Zorai - :marth:
17: Sam - :peach:

After those matches,ill admit that G&W vs oli can be 35:65 bad if the oli knows the match up...lol.
that and i need to work on vs snake x-x.

Went to another tourney today, was round robin since there were only 9 lol. Had close games with jash/jtails/and adhd.

Almosssssst beat adhd x-x,taking him to game 3,where pictochat ***** him,and i had a fullstock lead. He played super patient tho and i just got more aggressive, and i lost=(.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you have halberd/FD=l
both horrible stages against olimar that limit G&W's approaches.

I guess it all depends on who wins first game. lol

Top Bottom