• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah it's just the speed that is amazing, are most american MKs like that? Is Dojo like that? haha.

... I found that his mindgames were subpar though.

Yes two 2 stocks Penta :(
But if I meet him in tournament this weekend (he's coming to Australias Annual Victorian Major) I think I can get him to last stock in most games. After I took the first stock of the first match, I made stuff ups which would have cost me against VICs best too. So yeah, looking forward to MMing him best of 5. I don't think I'll take a match like Zac did though <3

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Yeah it's just the speed that is amazing, are most american MKs like that? Is Dojo like that? haha.

... I found that his mindgames were subpar though.

Yes two 2 stocks Penta :(
But if I meet him in tournament this weekend (he's coming to Australias Annual Victorian Major) I think I can get him to last stock in most games. After I took the first stock of the first match, I made stuff ups which would have cost me against VICs best too. So yeah, looking forward to MMing him best of 5. I don't think I'll take a match like Zac did though <3
no dojo isnt like that but dnt get me wrong dojo is good just not as fast lol ask m2k to play aginst u with 1 hand and he still almost at top speed with mk its ridicules

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dojo is just as good at the G&W matchup as M2k, if not better. Same applies with Lee (lee being incredibly good against G&W).

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Im out of Basic Ya'll

Man it's good to be free again, being institutionalized for 2 months wasn't fun

Once my games arrive at my tech school I'll be brawlin' again! =)

Tech school is cool... it's like 75% college 25% basic but im getting paid and don't have to pay for anything/bills

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
LoL nice, happy bday man... UTD you've beaten Jason in a set before? Kid is disgusting with m2k, I mean most top m2ks are just fast.. really fast.. I'm always caught offguard.. I mained MK for a bit once and took on some local power ranks and did fairly well, but seriously it got boring real quick... G&W always and forever... Played him in melee too, when times were even tougher

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I heard he would be in Project-M. I'm prolly gonna pick him up.

Pixeldude

Smash Rookie
Meh, I'm looking for a second character. G&W is boring now, cause I own everyone in my neighboorhood with him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's silly. 3/4s the cast ***** Ganon harder than ICs vs G&W. MK is not exempt from that, Ganon boards have that as 85/15 or something.

But the ICs are still stupid as hell.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
IC's are annoying to fight in the same vein Olimar is annoying to fight, not that they have a serious edge in the matchup. No way our matchup with them is the same as Mk v Ganon. It's probably equal to one of Ganon's easier matchups (so 45:55 to 4:6).

EC stage lists blow, so I can see why Vinnie might think it's THAT lopsided.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The main thing about the ICs...as stupid as they are by design, it is at least very satisfying when you manage to separate them with someone like G&W.

Valdens

Smash Ace
In places where it's actually legal, Pictochat can be nice for the matchup I've found. You can use the period of time when the stage is about to change to try and do something risky to get inside or separate them, because even if you get grabbed, the assumed platform/thing you'd be on will disappear. GnW is also better at working with odd terrain and abusing walls/barriers, so...

Unfortunately, the first sentence kind of kills it, ha.

Vinnie

Smash Master
^Same goes for PS1, before the transformations you can play aggro, because if you get grabbed, you'll break when the stage changes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W abuses PS2 much better than the ICs as well, but unfortunately many people don't seem to agree it should be a legal stage. Even though it really isn't any worse than PS1, and is probably better overall at balancing matchups (one of MK's "worst" stages lol).

Splice

Smash Hero
In Australia we have no top-level Ice Climber players... although a few Intermediate ones.

I struggle to see how this MU can be any worse than 55:45 for us... We just have so many tools to avoid getting grabbed in the first place, and I don't think IC's beats GaW on the air or the ground except blizzard is annoying... ?

What do IC's do that makes it hard?
I do not know much about IC's as there is no reason to know such things in Australia :(

Top Bottom