• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Vinnie

Smash Master
Well yeah it was, but I still wanted to go to it so badly @_@. To think how, I had to have my dad come with me to Apex 1, and 1 year later I'm missing school to go to MLG Columbus by plane with smash friends XD... how times change.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
****! I wasn't able to go to COT4 on my 16th bday T_T. So weird to think that in a few months I'll be 18, and I joined the competitive scene when I was 15 @_@.
I joined the competitive smash scene when I was 14. I'm 21 and turn 22 in Dec.

Wow I feel old lmao.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i don't get your parents Vinnie lol

They don't like you going to the city but they let you fly to another state AND miss school.

FU lol=(,i wanna travel.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
But he's only 1 year older than me.

I got my drivers license just recently btw.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Grats. I'm starting to get there, will be 20 soon. Next year I probably won't remember my 21st birthday

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Hey, my brithday is about two weeks after yours, on the 15th of October.

I didn't really ever get into the competitive play until recently actually. But I played with my friends a lot who did, and I am about as good as them. I'm only 16 right now, and I think I started getting seriously serious about a year ago.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just watched zac vs lee (hobo WF), and in game 2 last stock, it looks like zac downthrows at 0, then punishes the no tech with dair, which appears to have forced a trip. Am I seeing this right? Also, would dthrow -> dair -> 9 be a combo if this is what actually happened?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ehem...back to game and watch? ive had trouble with bucket braking. am i getting the timing wrong or what?
You just do a N-air after frame 25 of incurring knockback or something, and then you press Down-B. Remember to let go of the control stick after DIing.

Just watched zac vs lee (hobo WF), and in game 2 last stock, it looks like zac downthrows at 0, then punishes the no tech with dair, which appears to have forced a trip. Am I seeing this right? Also, would dthrow -> dair -> 9 be a combo if this is what actually happened?
Wouldn't be surprised.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
thanks natP! i live in east texas near dallas and their holding this tourney thing called phase 14. i know UTDzac will be there maybe i should go and see where i stand :)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
i'll see what i can do. my brother plays as wario and he's really good! theese other guys who make their profile picture seaseme street characters invited him too. i saw your number on a thread should we call you or what if were comin?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How in the world did you beat Dojo? Videos?

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Either I need to go to Dallas or you need to come to Ohio cause I need some of that training.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Was checking G&W's pac file. Apparently he serves you sausage, steak, fried prawns, and fish.

Bacon isn't anywhere to be found. O_o

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sup guys just droppin' by to let you know i'm almost out of basic. I graduated today and i'm on my base liberty at my parent hotel on the laptop. it sucked but i made it :D

can't wait to start smashing again, gotta get settled at tech school first though

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lol got the topic title changed.

By the way, I'm gonna say it again...please learn to do perfect ledgehop F-air SJRs. It's not actually that hard to do, it has obvious benefits, and it has more benefits against the vast majority of people who aren't aware that G&W is able to ledgehop F-air laglessly.

Video here, read description for times I pull it off

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Nice, G&W rose this time! My hat is off to Vex/Zac/Vinnie, who have all been doing pretty good with G&W, helping him rise. Keep at it.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the ledgehopped Fairs, as a mistake can cause you to go into the ****ty landing lag, right next to the edge (which in turn is near the blastzone). I can see if being good if you can master it, but you haven't even got it down, A2, judging from the video. Well, maybe you did get it down by now.

Vinnie

Smash Master
<3 no LGL as G&W.
Also, since when? I thought Zac had the opinion that MK was our hardest? Oh, and:

???
Yeah, slightly closer than that now. I don't feel like I'm at much of a disadvantage, and me and Zac have been slaying top metaknights lately (I've slayed Shadow, Atomsk, Nairo, and Inui recently. Zac beat Dojo, Lee Martin, and a few other really good ones).

I don't think MK is hardest. I would say ICs and Falco
ICs is our hardest matchup, followed by Marth.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Ohio
Midwest
doesn't have any good Marth's so I tend to leave him out.
I hate that outranging princess anyway

Top Bottom