• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

Thanks a lot, Today. I don't think it's really good, but making it out of pools as all G&W is sorta tough yeah, I was the only one :(. Chibo actually put me and Shugo in the same round 1 pool, when there were WAY easier pools than that... Shugo has been consistently placing in the money in regionals, and I was originally first seed after winning a tournament last weekend -.-.

I mean the seeding was meh, but it was better than MLG at least lol.

Yep! A lot of it may seem weird, but those are my opinions of high level G&W matchups.

Yeah. Don't put yourself down.
And Shugo's from my state, and it's true. He's #1 on our PR and places #1 here all the time. ;/
I wonder what's up with that.

As for the matchups, do you really think Icies are that bad? Aha. And I can see Olimar being harder now... =__=; Still maybe 4:6 Oli.

Also, yeah. I don't see MK being super hard to be honest.

From what I know about the Chibo/pools situation was pretty much pools were super biased...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@Chibo, wait are you saying that 1 person primarily made pools (r1/r2) for a 266 man tourney without several other people reviewing it? I know tio is able to handle pools, not sure if it can split them up properly... haven't tried.
time wise it was fine as it was r1 that was made before the tourney started, i spent hours working on it on wednesday
Alex Strife, Chaos Marth, and some others looked it over, but the main thing was "beta testing" the pools lol
i released the pools list on swf wed night and got tons of pms on any conflicts or things i missed. I would say between 10-20 people asked me about things and I worked on every problem from them, so you can think about it as hundreds of people looked over pools lol.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Bacon can stop nado lol ;l

good job vinnie! D;,i miss smash=(

GJ on praxix lol

double edit;
you guys are dead again ;_; lol

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
You can use bacon against people recovering too. I actually didn't know about it stopping nado.

G&W boards have always been dead.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Advice to you GW's
A couple of random gw mains came to an offline tournie today, and I was watching them get *****, I noticed they SH'd they're fairs and bairs and were getting punished like crazy for it.
Stop that, FH 80% of fair and bair, even nairs (except vs characters like Olimar or Kirby who are so ****ing tiny). If you don't do this already, well start.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hehehehehe I love your advice kewl. Fullhopping is just too good for G&W. Leaves him a lot of options.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Yeah.
and I heard QuakeCon had around 100+ people, and the results were
1. Utd Zac(gw)
2. Gnes(diddy)
3. Razer(snake)
4. Lee(mk)
5. DMG(wario)
5. Trela(lucario)

Good **** Zac.
Beating Lee Martin in both winners and losers, then ****** UR and Gnes. <3

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
So I just had the worst tournament experience in my entire life... x__x;; making me reconsider some things like playing this game, or getting a new main... met Hylian, too!
But on another note, Zac did really well from what I heard! Hopefully it was all MK! Vinnie got top ten, too.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
May I post my results here? o:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283921

I got 7th out of 47 ._. Mostly GW. Fought Fwog(Diddy) with GW, won 2-0, then DLA(MK) with GW game one, MK game two, 2-0, then lost to YbM's ZSS 0-2 with GW. Then Fought Hilt's Olimar all MK (I'm almost certain I would have lost if I went GW due to him playing Daycia a lot lol), then I played DJ Iskascribble and lost 0-2. Gw game one Olimar game two. I wen't GW in most of my matches so I thought that I could post the results here! O:

Vinnie

Smash Master
Vinnie got top ten, too.
SINGLES

1: ADHD

2: Brood

3: Vex

4: Malcolm

5: Vinnie

5: Atomsk

7: Zucco

7: NinjaLink

9: Inui

9: Nairo

9: BigM

9: Shadow

13: Fujita

13: Snakeee

13: Smurf

13: Keitaro

17: Gunblade

17: BloodCross

17: Xzax

17: Nakat

17: Bizkit

17: Orion

17: MIB

17: Yes

25: RJ

25: Silent Beast

25: KiD

25: Doom

25: Fury

25: Suinoko

25: Bren

25: ChiboSempai

33: Chris
33: Lightning

33: vVvDookieMaster821

33: Sephiroth.com
33: Nasty

33: ???????
33: Inferno

33: AquaJet24
33: Pane

33: Mister E

33: Mech Warrior

33: Shippo

33: vVv Toxicity
33: Internet Snake

49: HTS
And also, GJ Zac!!!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Nice Vinnie. Who did you lose to?

I got vids from the Quakecon tourney of me playing Lee's Lucario, Razer, and Gnes. They'll be up tomorrow: youtube.com/shadowgripper

Vinnie

Smash Master
Nice Vinnie. Who did you lose to?
I lost to ADHD in winners 1-2 (I went all Peach vs him though). In losers, I went ICs and Dedede vs Malcolm, and lost 0-2 :(. I normally don't like these matchups with G&W, so that's why I changed characters. The only two characters that helped me advance in the bracket were G&W and Peach though, Peach helping me game 3 vs Suinoko (Japanese Diddy).

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I also got 3rd yesterday at a tournament
Lost to our top player 3-2, and then to a Diddy main (which I went Kirby against him, cause I hate GW vs Diddy)
1st in doubles though. (:

Getting ready to **** @ MLG!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I won a tournament using some gaw. This tournament I went more falco and MK than usual, so don't count it. I used GaW one match in GF, which I was about to win (Rainbow cruise [his CP]) then I jumped off the ledge at around 0 last stock, he was at 100%, and was MK. It was really depressing. The tournament was really small though :(.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo, guys. I'm going to put myself on temp ban for a few days-a week to focus on college things, sewing, money, and getting ready for my job interview. I just can't keep checking back and posting on the boards. x__x; So this will be good for me. I hope Zac reads this/AIM Zac to tell him to keep a look out on things! Good luck, guys!

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
So I just had the worst tournament experience in my entire life... x__x;; making me reconsider some things like playing this game, or getting a new main... met Hylian, too!
But on another note, Zac did really well from what I heard! Hopefully it was all MK! Vinnie got top ten, too.
Had that feeling too for a moment after being crushed in a big tournament. But after I realised I could always improve my char safe options, matchup knowledge, and stage knowledge, so there is still a lot of room for improvements. I was about to main another char, but I think I just like G&W so much.

-Ran

Smash Master
(5:04:13 PM) Ran: And you cheat. You load up codes on every wii.
(5:04:15 PM) Ran: That makes you have nines.
(5:04:21 PM) Ran: When you press a certain button combination.
(5:04:22 PM) UTD Zac: Lol if only
(5:04:23 PM) Ran: I know your game son.
(5:04:28 PM) UTD Zac: >>
(5:04:47 PM) Ran: Acting all innocent... "We should do finals at my house!"
(5:04:59 PM) UTD Zac: lmao
(5:05:16 PM) UTD Zac: for the record 1) ALL of finals were on Beah's wii and 2) I have vid proof
(5:05:31 PM) Ran: 3) Beah was in on it.
(5:05:38 PM) Ran: He had to make it look legit.
(5:05:43 PM) UTD Zac: lol
(5:05:54 PM) Ran: You're just too smart.
(5:05:56 PM) Ran: Too sly.
(5:05:58 PM) Ran: Too good.
(5:06:11 PM) UTD Zac: proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ0NuYKpAio#t=1m21s
(5:06:13 PM) UTD Zac: xD
(5:07:06 PM) Ran: Well if you had a nine everytime.
(5:07:08 PM) Ran: People would know.
(5:07:10 PM) Ran: You were in the lead.
(5:07:11 PM) UTD Zac: mmm hmm
(5:07:15 PM) Ran: Of course you aren't going to do it.
(5:07:23 PM) UTD Zac: Ran too good
(5:07:24 PM) UTD Zac: now he knows
(5:07:26 PM) UTD Zac: Must kill
(5:07:29 PM) Ran: OR pay.
(5:07:31 PM) Ran: I take money
(5:07:31 PM) Ran: <3
(5:07:37 PM) UTD Zac: klo
(5:07:38 PM) UTD Zac: l
(5:07:48 PM) Ran: Ew, bad Di on that Nair.
(5:07:57 PM) UTD Zac: i cant DI nair to save my life
(5:07:59 PM) UTD Zac: stop watching >>
(5:08:01 PM) Ran: xD
(5:08:07 PM) UTD Zac: watch my new uploads against trela
(5:08:14 PM) UTD Zac: freaking cheated on green greens
(5:13:34 PM) UTD Zac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybMxtYJRorA#t=1m41s
gg
(5:13:41 PM) Ran: I was sitting next to Trela.
(5:13:45 PM) Ran: Trying to cheer him up.
(5:13:49 PM) Ran: As you played on your own Wii.
(5:13:50 PM) Ran: Cheater.
(5:13:57 PM) UTD Zac: Oh god you're right

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. Got back from Apex. Here's how the tourney went for me:

Doubles: Ehh I don't remember ALL of my matches since doubles has double the people lol. Ended up getting like 25th though :/ bleh. MK/G&W.

Singles:

POOLS ROUND 1

Only 4 people showed up to my pool >_>
Lost to Shugo (1-2). Lost to his Falco on BF, 1 stock mid % iirc, even though the match started out baaad lol. Beat his MK pretty solidly on Rainbow Cruise. Lost to his Falco on SV, I missed some punishes due to me not running enough after dthrow to actually land the usmash :/. Really great player though.

Beat Bill_ (2-1) (BigLou's partner, southern Sheik/Snake main). He went Snake.
-Lost game 1 to his Snake on BF, 1 stock 85. Beat him really convincingly on Brinstar. Beat him solidly (1 stock low iirc) on SV.

Beat Kaffei4lunch (2-0) a fellow G&W, we played on Flat Zone and Mario Bros :p.

ROUND 2 POOLS

Lost to SK92 (1-2) I took game 1 on BF, Got ***** on SV (ended up ragequitting because I couldn't touch him there >_>), then I LOST ON RAINBOW CRUISE FML. Then I talked to Keitaro after that... he said SK92 is actually good on gay stages. Who knew XD.

Lost to Speed (1-2) I told Speed I'd lose to him before the set started lol. I have NO IDEA how Sonic works at all. All I know is that if he hits you he can give you a lot of damage and combos into more spinny things. Good player still.

Beat Ling-Ling (2-1) I've lost to him before in winners semis at a New England tourney before. He's very good, I pulled out the win this time with 1 stock mid % game 3 on ps1.

Beat YoshQ (2-0) 3 stocked his Snake game 1, with a bunch of platform cancel to grab mindgames (finally mastered it!). Then he went Luigi & Frigate, and it was going even but I had a bucket, so he spawned and I bucketed him. lol

Beat Stroumbert (2-0) Canadian Falco, he places there. Beat him pretty solidly on BF, then banned SV, he cp'd FD, then I went ICs and won, 2 stock (I think I might start doing that to Falco from now on).

3rd seed in my pool.

BRACKET

Lost to Vex Kasrani (1-2). Very unfortunate that I had to play him >.>... he used to main G&W and he does co-main him so he actually knows allllll about G&W, and constantly tells me that G&W is bad XD. 1-1 with Dedede, I cp'd brinstar, he went Meta Knight, and he 2 stocked me :(. I felt like I could have done much better in that match and maybe could have won but, he definitely outplayed me and is a very great player so he advanced, I got sent to losers round 1 :(.

Then I got a bye I guess, whatever.

Lost to Gnes (0-2). So hard fighting Diddies who know the matchup. Game 1 was 1 stock mid % on BF, he won cleanly. Then I cp'd Rainbow, he won... >_> what is with me losing on Rainbow all of the sudden...

Sorry I didn't rep G&W to the fullest v_v. I keep failing at nationals and it's sorta upsetting.

I've been interested in ICs lately. I used them last weekend in Grand Finals against Dabuz at a tourney and ended up winning. I'm probably going to secondary them for Marth, Olimar, and maybe Falco. Other than that, I'll keep trying to get G&W up there.

As for MMs, I barely really used him. I remember beating Chibosempai for $5, losing to Praxis game 3 last hit (bo3) for $5, then beat him on livestream yesterday with hundreds of people watching for $5, 3-0 XD.

------

I got this question a lot at Apex. With my recent success, especially last weekend, people have asked me if I considered myself the best G&W. I said no for the most part... I don't think there's a best G&W. When you see the 'best-of' for each B tier character, you see players like Junebug/Lee Martin, ChuDat, Nick Riddle, ESAM... I don't think Zac and I are at the level where we can win Regional tourneys consistently yet. Game and Watch can... but until one of us starts doing this, I think it's stupid to declare someone the 'best Game and Watch'. It's whatever. IMO we're on the same level, but neither of us are pushing the character to its supreme limits. Soon enough, though.

Also I just got unbanned a few days ago, so I'll post my new match-up opinions for everyone to see :p.
Um Idk what u are talking about, I don't main GW, I main MK. I think you must have gotten me mixed up with someone else lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i cant even watch zac vs gnes game 1=(
i always get up to the part where zac is getting his *** kicked at the beginning then it freeeeezes=( fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

HOW DOES HE WIN T_T . Wont find out till i get home next week. But amazing job zac, youve reconfirmed the title of best G&W for sure lol.

also cool that i got voted 6 for top G&W in that thread lol=) nice

gj on last weeks results vinnieeeeeeeeeeeee. stop usssssssssing peacccccch against diddddddddddy

GL to anyone whos going to raleigh

Top Bottom