• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Guys, I won't be here for a few months. Going into the air force and I leave for basic tomorrow/today so yeah. Anybody wanna swap numbers? Apparently they recently changed the rules to allow cellphones in basic and I don't know the specific rules yet but I'd love to be able to get my smash talk fix through texts when possible and tourney results.. I'm a cool dude and none of my current friends play smash so lemme know by like tonight because i'm getting on the plane early tomorrow. If not i'll see ya'll in a few months guys =)

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Good luck with that bro. I would give you my number if I was in the US, but I'm not. ):

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I got... owned...

Wow... I got ***** in my last tournament.

So badly that I'm thinking about taking a new main...
Marth sounds better. At least he doesn't die @ 90% with most vertical killing moves.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Thanks ya'll this'll be my last message because i get on the plane tomorrow and they're locking me to my room at 11. Although I still have my psp and the hotel has free internet so I might just browse it for a bit before i have to take a break from smash

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
been so dead lately=(
sad face.

I'm still really active in the game but it's just these boards are dead so nothing really to post aboutx_x.

so whats new guys?=D
any new results? Ive been practicing so much and realized how awesome dtilt is.
I advise everyone to practice dtilt spacing,helps alot! in hard MU's like MK.

here's a recent discovery by me=p,ubing twice when u fight olimar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82oPhBaZ1_Q

also im 22nd in aib ladder xD.lolwifi

and zac is a scrub:D

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I wanna contribute to the G&W boards again. Thing is, I don't know how I should do that. Throw me some inspiration and suggestions GUYS.

ps Penta is a scrub <3

Azsy

Smash Cadet
Question for all G&W players!

Preferred color? I know good ol GDub's a stylish guy, so whats everyone's preferred color?

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
been so dead lately=(
sad face.

I'm still really active in the game but it's just these boards are dead so nothing really to post aboutx_x.

so whats new guys?=D
any new results? Ive been practicing so much and realized how awesome dtilt is.
I advise everyone to practice dtilt spacing,helps alot! in hard MU's like MK.

here's a recent discovery by me=p,ubing twice when u fight olimar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82oPhBaZ1_Q

also im 22nd in aib ladder xD.lolwifi

and zac is a scrub:D
Nice trick.

Well, no matter what, I hate all the top tier match-ups. They're just plain stupid, esp. the ones where all your options are cut down. Best european players kicked my ***. I'll just keep him for my good matchups, now. It will stay as my second. Time to learn Marth.

:dizzy:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Black is where it's at.

Also, I used that "UpB more than once while a pikmin is still attached" four times in a row at the tourney last weekend. I just spammed UpB and went all the way past the ceiling blastzone of FD, everyone was freaking out.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I really hope these boards can stay active. Also, yellow GnW is the best GnW!

So my last tournament this weekend for a while. I'm going to stay all GnW! I still have a Snake problem but I think it's all figured out now.
Is anyone still planning on using the Interview thread? I know I've posted a lot about it before, but you guys asked for Hylian a lot and now you guys aren't trying to ask questions. D':

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
What makes Reverse Up-B anything special?
UTilt's a decent KO move at high percents, and FTilt is a decent damage-dealing alternative to DTilt.

And Yellow G&W does suck, it's like some ugly badly saturated yellow. Cyan is okay though.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
You can do sh nair, to utilt to sh nair. And for people recovering, if they recover upwards you can utilt and if they recover diagonal ftilt is useful here. I actually gotten kills from it from playing Wifi.

Reverse UpB = Turtle wall.
I used it against a top player here today just to try it out and they came over. It was good when they had me in a corner, (and I usually upb to get away) however, they can grab me, etc. This allowed me to setup a wall, so when they tried to approach me the opposite direction they got hit. So good. This could work well for just attacking as well.
I'm doing my best to find new ways for GnW. At least that's what I'm working on. I really like reverse upb.

Leave yellow alone!! ]':

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
GOLDEN G&W is the best color scheme, not including any texture hacks. Anyone who disagrees clearly doesn't know **** about Mr. Game & Watch.

Clearly.

Reverse UpB's aren't anything new, but I'm glad you're finding use in using them to get a quick fastfalled Bair.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't consider Utilt as a KO move...I think there are plenty of options other than an Utilt to kill with...that could kill at much lower percents...much. But I use Ftilt from time to time, when convenient.

I don't really mind the yellow G&W, but I think that they could've made it better looking. Just make it more yellow, and less...brown-ish, then it would be fine. I would use it then.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah. I figured as much, but people should most def use reverse upb more.

As for utilt, it's good for leading to nair and like I said when people recovering from the air.
I'm going to play with it more!

Only thing I'm still playing around with and haven't gotten far is with Judgement. Bleh that move. XP

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get more Utilts to Nairs to, but I use Utilts in certain places, like on Rainbow Cruise, when they are on the higher level on the far right of the ship, I use it when I'm below them, if I don't hit them, they just jump over, but I can catch them usually with another attack.

If your opponent techs in place, can you use Utilt to hit them?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If yellow GaW was bright yellow I would **** my pants every time I play him. Luckily he's brownish, so I don't *** in my pants, and I can pay attention to the match.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I'm trying to get more Utilts to Nairs to, but I use Utilts in certain places, like on Rainbow Cruise, when they are on the higher level on the far right of the ship, I use it when I'm below them, if I don't hit them, they just jump over, but I can catch them usually with another attack.

If your opponent techs in place, can you use Utilt to hit them?
Utilt to nair is so good. Aha.
And utilt to like utilt to utilt to nair on bigger characters is great.
I'm really beginning to love utilt.
Yeah, I need practice it more on other stages. I'm so sad it doesn't reach on BF platforms.

OH, annnd, I discovered that GnW utilt clashes with Marth's fsmash. Lol. I don't know how useful this will be. Or if it would be better to do something else. But I thought this was interesting. Someone was spamming fsmash while I was just utilting practicing and it just kept clashing.

On another note, Olimar vs. GnW it totally a 40:60 Olimar's favor. Oli's dtilt beats bair, and clashes with dsmash. Aha.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i had fairly close games with dabuz the other day(also a while back in a rl MM) and the MU is definitely not 4:6 . Bair is a horrible move and should be used as little as possible here lol. Space Dtilt,it is very underused in this MU.

edit: yea,i did exaggerate a bit lol but bair shouldn't be your main option in this MU still:V

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i had fairly close games with dabuz the other day(also a while back in a rl MM) and the MU is definitely not 4:6 . Bair is a horrible move and should be used as little as possible here lol. Space Dtilt,it is very underused in this MU.
...*sighs* but irl..that dtilt will be soooo easy to sheildgrab...>_>

TBh...just abuse bair->up-b on shield, olimar has a huge amount of trouble touching that, still oli's advantage IMO

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Bair is still important in this MU but it shouldn't be overused at all lol:l

and ujustmad cuz u got ***** first game;D

bar har

edit: also gee...you really do search your name all the time lol

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Bair is still important in this MU but it shouldn't be overused at all lol:l

and ujustmad cuz u got ***** first game;D

bar har

edit: also gee...you really do search your name all the time lol
lol...i always lose first games, and bear is sorta like free side-b damage racking to oli...unless he can pivot grab the badly spaced bear :]

also, yeah, i am a name-search fiend, just post my name and i will come like batman to the bat signal

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah. Of course not. Nair and dtilt is the best move to use in the matchup.
But regardless, Oli being able to beat/clash with GnW's bair and dsmash is still a lot. It's already 45:55 Oli's favor. Just because you beat someone doesn't make the matchup super easy. I've played Olimar's left and right. I play the matchup really well, but Olimar has a lot of stuff on GnW. That makes Olimar vs. GnW Oli's favor.
Also, not just from Wifi experience. I play this offline a lot, too. And I mean a lot.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Offline the matchup is 6:4, solid. Online? 50:50. Olimar can't punish Game and Watch for things online like he can offline, and he has to play overly cautious, more so than he should. Beating Dabuz online or doing well in a game doesn't mean anything regarding the offline matchup.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Idk, it just seems like grabbing as olimar gains no more difficulty, while our spacing gets completely *****. The match-up already consists of us having to approach, so we have to be really precise. Plus, lots of our game revolves around abusing your terrible tech and roll, and on wifi that's just way too hard to do most of the time.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
The matchup vs Olimar is definitely worse for us online :I
I don't disagree it changes things on the Olimar side as well, but you really need to have no inconsistency or delay (Which wifi is all about) when to break through Olimar.

Top Bottom