• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
people here aren't really the spammy type sadly.
It's srs business.

and if zac ever posts here,it's always going to be something cat related~_~

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I hope this won't start any catty remakes or I may have to infract some people. D':

Other than that! How are you guys and such? I'm still really really ill, sadly. Hopefully going to the hospital this Wednesday will help a little. I'll probably have to go back twice. But thanks for all the wishful posts! I'll try and get better asap! I've just been sleeping and about.

TripinXero

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm a new G&W player and I usually go by Trip! I've been playing brawl for a while but only semi-competitively, which is to say that I've been playing in competitive fashion but haven't really been attending tournaments. I've just been playing with my cousin XeroXen and lately I've been wanting to get more into competitive smash so I entered my first tournament in over a year this last weekend and got wrecked! Next time there's no way I'm going to get last, though!

Anyway, it's nice to meet all of you and I hope I can get along with most of you!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey guys, Not that anyone actually cares but i'm back from my vacation (16 hours stuck in a car with my stepdad...awkward...and then back up...more awkward)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo, guys. Just an update I went to the hospital yesterday and got a lot of tests and such done! I still feel really really bad, though. So I'll be going back Tuesday for somewhat surgery. Sadly, I have to go to work still because my dad wants me to which means getting up around 6am every morning and getting off in the evening without rest. But hopefully I will feel a lot better soon enough after Tuesday and resting. Sorry for the lack of activity!!

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Heyo, guys. Just an update I went to the hospital yesterday and got a lot of tests and such done! I still feel really really bad, though. So I'll be going back Tuesday for somewhat surgery. Sadly, I have to go to work still because my dad wants me to which means getting up around 6am every morning and getting off in the evening without rest. But hopefully I will feel a lot better soon enough after Tuesday and resting. Sorry for the lack of activity!!
Is your job really that busy?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Ah! Ye! It's full time alongside my dad. I got off early today because I was way too ill to work.

I have a really bad virus in me and like I said Tuesday I am going in for kind of like a surgery method. They're going to use a vacuum in me. XD; To try and get the bad stuff. I hope they put me to sleep, but I don't think they do. They just suggest to take a lot of pills beforehand. I'm actually kind of scared. But I hope it all goes well. I feel really bad from the lack of being on Smashboards in generally... I'm really sorry...

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It's interesting to see the different character colonies. Smashers flock to their character mains. I swear that I've never heard of some of the names in this thread.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
It's interesting to see the different character colonies. Smashers flock to their character mains. I swear that I've never heard of some of the names in this thread.
WHAT
You havent heard of me?
I'm the best thing that hasn't happened yet to GW!

-meat riding myself-

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I 9 hammered Ook in friendlies at 18% on our last stocks when I had over 100% and was one decent hit away from death. Much loling happened afterwards. :laugh:

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I go around the other character pages a lot, but I don't post usually. I just look at them.

Nice Dajay, the same thing happened to me once. I hadn't played in a few weeks, so in my first match against my friend, he was beating me (I usually beat him). I was over 100% with my last stock when I got him on his last stock. and I pulled a 9 on him. The funny part was that I had meant to do my up B, not my side B.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
yeah thats pretty much the only time you use side b. if they have 1 stock, and you have 1 stock and 150% - 999%, than its a pretty good time to use it :p.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
That was the only side b I did that entire game. :3
First one is the best because you have a 1/7 chance of judgement

and considering 6 isn't half bad (as in can KO or being particularly unpunishable) it's a 2/7 chance of getting a decent/"**** yeah" attack

Side-B is a much more useful move than people who don't use GW understand

They look at 1/9 chance of 1hko

The move has 8 attacks (not counting 1 because it's particularly negative) but we're so fast and usually have the options that as long as you land it even if it is something like a 2 we won't get punished very easily because it's the ultimate unexpected move. Even if there's a way to, for example, DI outta a 5 and punish GW with a fast aerial it's so unexpected they won't be able to react in time.

Just the fact that we have it in our arsenal gives it use, because the opponent can never get cocky as long as the stock is even or even if they're up a stock. Almost all the other character boards warn their mains: 'Don't underestimate judgement, it's easy to laugh at until you get 9'd'

Yeah we can't pull out 9's on command but people still play scared even when they're up because not only do people not want to lose, they don't want to give you the satisfaction of a 9 kill, losing to a move that is often made fun of

I don't think side-b is great but I think it's very underrated. It sucks if you miss or get a 1 but you still have the advantage of always knowing when you are going to use it.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It seems I've hit one of those stupid skill plateaus with Game & Watch again. Just gotta press through it...

And work on my spacing.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
First one is the best because you have a 1/7 chance of judgement

and considering 6 isn't half bad (as in can KO or being particularly unpunishable) it's a 2/7 chance of getting a decent/"**** yeah" attack

Side-B is a much more useful move than people who don't use GW understand

They look at 1/9 chance of 1hko

The move has 8 attacks (not counting 1 because it's particularly negative) but we're so fast and usually have the options that as long as you land it even if it is something like a 2 we won't get punished very easily because it's the ultimate unexpected move. Even if there's a way to, for example, DI outta a 5 and punish GW with a fast aerial it's so unexpected they won't be able to react in time.

Just the fact that we have it in our arsenal gives it use, because the opponent can never get cocky as long as the stock is even or even if they're up a stock. Almost all the other character boards warn their mains: 'Don't underestimate judgement, it's easy to laugh at until you get 9'd'

Yeah we can't pull out 9's on command but people still play scared even when they're up because not only do people not want to lose, they don't want to give you the satisfaction of a 9 kill, losing to a move that is often made fun of

I don't think side-b is great but I think it's very underrated. It sucks if you miss or get a 1 but you still have the advantage of always knowing when you are going to use it.
i never thought of it that way... sounds pretty good :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, side b is pretty awesome.

So I'm curious, why doesn't Hylian like turtles?
I've just never used bair much, even in the early 2008 days when it was praised as an amazing move. I always liked nair more.

Top Bottom