• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
XD; Dajayman.

@Kofu, Personally I don't think Marth is extremely hard, either. I can still see it being 35:65 Marth's favor. But I feel like he's kind of easy to get at if you play smart. It'll be hard but it's doable.
Also! You never hacked your Wii before? Do you have an SD card?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I have an SD card, yeah. But I've never hacked it.

An unrelated question about hacking Brawl, though; it seems like that ever hacked wii makes Brawl's shields more transparent and weird. Do you know why?

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Congrats Day on getting Moderator.
I couldn't of thought of someone better. Hehe.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
yea,gratz lol;

and these boards been really dead lately x_x,probably cuz nobody really talks anymore.
I myself been busy with school but now that it's over i'll be more active again!;ooooo. Les step it up

ill be updating stuffz naos

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I decided that I'll go to this tourney I found that's happening this Saturday. It's only, like a 30 minute drive away too. But I'm only going if I can get someone to carpool with, which is just a maybe.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Today is a good Day to get modded.
XD Aha~

@Omi, Yeah! You totally should. Even if you don't have a carpool 30 minutes isn't that bad at all. My dad drops me off and picks me up for 30 minutes worth of tournament. (I can't drive.) But, yeah I say go for it! And if you have a friend take him/her along.

@Kofu, What's that?

If anyone has WiFi I'm more than willing to help, too. I can look out for things, point out things, and I can play a good portion of the cast pretty decently. And I have some characters that are above decent. (Olimar, Peach, Metaknight, Snake, Wario, Ness, Wolf.) So if anyone needs specific help like that I can. I think Penta feels the same way. But you should probably ask him first.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can't drive either, that's mostly why I want to carpool. I could ride my bike if I really wanted. But I also want to go with someone I know, so I don't feel totally lonely.

I for some reason have a small problem with Pit too. But that's probably becuase I don't play Pit's too often. My friend's secondary is Pit, but he hardly plays as him for some reason...usually just his main, and his third character...Kinda confusing.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Riding your bike... that would be kind of far... I probably don't suggest that. Lol. Did you visit the Regional Zones part of Smashboards? Because you can always post, "Hey, tournament here. Want to carpool?"

What do you have an issue with Pit? Also, if your friend plays him you could always just ask him to go Pit for a bit. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
How's the smash scene in Switzerland?
There will be a major tournament in Paris in France during the 23 to 25 July, and
another major tournament in Geneva in Switzerland during the 30-31 and 1 August.

Ally's gonna come to the one in Paris I heard, sounds interesting. I really want to see him playing irl. I'll need to train like mad until I can get everything I want done perfectly with my G&W, but there's a lot of work to do. I try to do my best, as these are probably the major tournaments we'll have here for now and which I can attend...

There are some more tournament in Europe, but traveling everywhere costs bunch, and I'm currently saving some money for my travel to Japan (which I already booked), so I can't throw money out of my window like that without thinking twice.

That's basically it. :bee:

Edit: I heard you became a Moderator huh? Nice.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Well, I exercise a lot, so it's not that bad. Most of the way is downhill too. Well I guess coming back will be annoying...

Pit, I don't know, I just get close to him and he'll shield my bair, and I just play dub after that, and stay next to him, trying to spot-dodge his smashes that are too quick for me

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
There will be a major tournament in Paris in France during the 23 to 25 July, and
another major tournament in Geneva in Switzerland during the 30-31 and 1 August.

Ally's gonna come to the one in Paris I heard, sounds interesting. I really want to see him playing irl. I'll need to train like mad until I can get everything I want done perfectly with my G&W, but there's a lot of work to do. I try to do my best, as these are probably the major tournaments we'll have here for now and which I can attend...

There are some more tournament in Europe, but traveling everywhere costs bunch, and I'm currently saving some money for my travel to Japan (which I already booked), so I can't throw money out of my window like that without thinking twice.

That's basically it. :bee:

Edit: I heard you became a Moderator huh? Nice.
Ooh! So are they like nationals?
Good luck, you should most def go. I always wanted to travel out of the Country for tournaments. Do tooons of friendlies there, because there will be tons of people.
You're going to Japan? Take piictuuures. When are you going?

@Omni, Wouldn't it be kind of scary to ride back like 1-2 hours at night? Maybe it's easier for guys, but sadly I can't exercise or do anything like that at night without being approached. I'm kind of paranoid, too. :(

Edit: There use to be this really good female Pit here but she kind of quit. But I can't remember much either since the last time I played here. I wouldn't focus on Bucketting his arrow unless you are offstage. Because then you just stand there for 4 seconds in, "take me however you like~" mode. Which always suck. Just bait your bairs well. You don't want to approach with bair. If you know you can't spotdodge, don't. If he's going to smash you, shield and grab him. Shield and attack. Pits pretty light, too. So he's easier to juggle and to kill. It just sounds like you aren't thinking and making the same mistakes over and over. But it'll take some time. I do the same thing, too. Just know if something doesn't work try another option.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
@Omni, Wouldn't it be kind of scary to ride back like 1-2 hours at night? Maybe it's easier for guys, but sadly I can't exercise or do anything like that at night without being approached. I'm kind of paranoid, too. :(

Edit: There use to be this really good female Pit here but she kind of quit. But I can't remember much either since the last time I played here. I wouldn't focus on Bucketting his arrow unless you are offstage. Because then you just stand there for 4 seconds in, "take me however you like~" mode. Which always suck. Just bait your bairs well. You don't want to approach with bair. If you know you can't spotdodge, don't. If he's going to smash you, shield and grab him. Shield and attack. Pits pretty light, too. So he's easier to juggle and to kill. It just sounds like you aren't thinking and making the same mistakes over and over. But it'll take some time. I do the same thing, too. Just know if something doesn't work try another option.
I usually jump off the edge and bucket his arrows, so I'll fall and collect them, or just bucket when he tries to get me after smashing me out. I guess my problem with the matchup is bair approaches, and like what you said about not thinking and making the same mistakes. I just have some mental blockade in this matchup that doesn't allow me to do what I normally do.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Good luck, you should most def go. I always wanted to travel out of the Country for tournaments. Do tooons of friendlies there, because there will be tons of people.
You're going to Japan? Take piictuuures. When are you going?
I'm not sure we can qualify them as being nationals, but they are indeed big tournament with around 100-200 peeps. Yeah I'll take your hint as granted, I'll do as many friendlies as possible. Playing against many different players will sure give me some nice experience, and some way to try out all different match-ups, and tactics.

I'm going to Japan for the 2nd time. I went to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and Hiroshima last year, and this year I'll go to Tokyo, Niigata (to meet a friend there), and probably to some other cities around in the North of Japan. Am leaving the 3rd of August, and will come back the 8th of September. That sure is a amazing trip. I also got some pictures of my last trip, if you're interested, I can send you some facebook links via PM. I'll probably take even more pictures this time too.

I usually jump off the edge and bucket his arrows, so I'll fall and collect them, or just bucket when he tries to get me after smashing me out. I guess my problem with the matchup is bair approaches, and like what you said about not thinking and making the same mistakes. I just have some mental blockade in this matchup that doesn't allow me to do what I normally do.
I think one thing you should pay attention to is not to overuse Bair. I know it's pretty tempting, but if your opponent can read and knows that you'll get close to him always using Bair he can attempt something to surprise you. Try mixing up your aerial games, one full jump Fair, then short hop Bair, then full hop Nair fast fall, etc. You should really try all your offensive options, even if you wiff. Just try to avoid the landing lag as much as you possibly can. Oh and about the arrows, I usually don't collect them, unless you're realy far from Pit, as you'll get punished. Better try to punish him directly when he use his arrows. Bucket is really powerfull once filled with Pit's arrow, but hey, racking terrible damage just to fill one bucket isn't worth it most of the time, I guess.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I think one thing you should pay attention to is not to overuse Bair. I know it's pretty tempting, but if your opponent can read and knows that you'll get close to him always using Bair he can attempt something to surprise you. Try mixing up your aerial games, one full jump Fair, then short hop Bair, then full hop Nair fast fall, etc. You should really try all your offensive options, even if you wiff. Just try to avoid the landing lag as much as you possibly can. Oh and about the arrows, I usually don't collect them, unless you're realy far from Pit, as you'll get punished. Better try to punish him directly when he use his arrows. Bucket is really powerfull once filled with Pit's arrow, but hey, racking terrible damage just to fill one bucket isn't worth it most of the time, I guess.
Well I just use it as a defense against it, in times when I know he's going to use it, and I always do it a good distance. He usually learns not to use it after the first two times., so I don't get full buckets often. But when I do get a full bucket, I use it. I mean, I might as well, since I have it. But I try not to overuse Bair, I think I'm pretty good at mixing up my air game, I think my own problem is just making stupid mistakes.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Well I just use it as a defense against it, in times when I know he's going to use it, and I always do it a good distance. He usually learns not to use it after the first two times., so I don't get full buckets often. But when I do get a full bucket, I use it. I mean, I might as well, since I have it. But I try not to overuse Bair, I think I'm pretty good at mixing up my air game, I think my own problem is just making stupid mistakes.
I see... Well then you have to practice until you avoid all your mistakes. I also do some mistakes as well, but they are more because I'm more an offensive player. I hate playing defensive. But I guess there's no choice... huh...

GBye

Smash Cadet
I see... Well then you have to practice until you avoid all your mistakes. I also do some mistakes as well, but they are more because I'm more an offensive player. I hate playing defensive. But I guess there's no choice... huh...
About playing offensive... I have the same problem. If I do some mistakes, they are done because of being aggressive. And I, too, think that playing defensive sucks. :S

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
@Overgame, That's really big. And if you have people from the UC going I would find it a national.

And sure! I have FB, do send!! By the way, I love your avatar! XP Fai is pretty awesome.

As for making the same mistake over and over I do that A LOT. And I need to stop. It's just a habit and a bad one at that.
Sometimes I can catch others mistakes.
Example they'll spot dodge every time I try and grab. But I'll still grab even though I know they'll spot dodge. It kind of sucks. But sometimes it works out, I learn I should charge a smash if they do it at high percents, or sit there and then grab.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I LOVE playing offensive. Nothing is better than that feeling of pressuring your opponent with strings of excellent offensive reads. XD

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo, guys! I've become extremely ill so I'll be back and forth with the boards. I'm pretty sure everyone here is good enough to not really do anything. I'll still be here and checking things up, but I should be lying down. I also have a job interview, and I have to fix up some other things with people so I won't really even have the chance of lying down. I'll still be here checking. But it's just so hard for me and I'll be going to the doctor's hopefully next week. Sorry sorry for the trouble!
I don't think I have to worry as much since we're kind of slow paced.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Don't worry Day, I got your back. Anyone misbehaves I'll give them a STERN warning.

Go rest up and do your other business. I don't need you to be sick and jobless because of a few trolls. :)

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
This place sorta dies (moe than it already is) when Today is gone.

Hope you feel better soon Today.

Top Bottom