• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
its best to just stick to the dimensionless wonder :) hes got play styles that are good vs everyone basically.. sometimes your options are just abit limited.. for example vs marf can be bad but alot of marfs arent very good and just are carried by the fact that they are marf.. obviously some marfs are awesome, and in which case u really lost to the playr not the charachter.. i personally hate fighting didy,oli,ic but its down 2 lack of experience with the matchups more than anything

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Finland has like a couple of terrific Marths and the rest aren't a threat to me. I'll just go D3 against Marth anyways.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Never played Street Fighter, sry.
And Sagat still might be kinda interesting to play, but wtf is Olimar, he is sooo dumb.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oliamr at least requires a few brainwaves to safely recover, and know what order your pikmin is in
sagat is just spam, and its even more effective than any projectile in any smash game

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't care what the character is like in competitive way.
Olimar just is dumb and boring, everything about him just yells BOOOORING.
Not like he is spammy or anything (he is).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nah, Olimar is just boring imo. All of his moves look the same, are the same and aren't even cool or anything.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
and to me, thats at least 80% of all johns i hear about olimar. if i can tell what move hes going to do from his minimal startup lag then i think everyone should too.
its not a valid excuse, you just dont know the character IMO

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's just a reason why I think the character is boring.
Look at G&W, he can blow the opponent to the air, uses all kinda **** to attack like a fishbowl and stuff and you can always try to go for 9.
Olimar? He throws Pikmin.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
G&W is a special case in terms of entertainment
olimar is funny because he has one of the better taunts in the game, that being the ultra speed faceplant and roll

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That's barely anything I consider "fun" in a character.
The only one of his moves that feels cool or unique is the whistle and that's not enough to make him fun.
Snake is also pretty fun because he can throw stuff and slide while shooting a mortar. What about Olimar again? Yep, more pikmin.

Also, Zac, do you still play or what? I liked your videos but there aren't any of 2011.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Zac, what league are you talking about?
I liked your G&W, start playing again >: (

I guess I have to watch Alphicans then, he's also pretty cool.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah but no offense to Alph, Zac was like legedary with GW. Vinnie doesn't even use him that often (Not that I blame him, GW get's gayed so easily) but still, we don't really have that many top level GWs.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Don't worry guys. If I am the next best thing to watch, then GaW as a character has gone completely down :(. Vinnie uses him sometimes. I heard he beat M2K or something.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Don't worry guys. If I am the next best thing to watch, then GaW as a character has gone completely down :(. Vinnie uses him sometimes. I heard he beat M2K or something.
He beat M2K with ICs. He used GW once and every other time was ICs. Like I said I don't blame him but it just reminds me of how unviable GW is.

@Ruuku: I'm gonna buy that shirt

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I got 3rd at a tournament with G&W last week. There are still a few left over here in Europe :)
Nice!

Let's make a G&W livefest in europe! Well there are quiet a few Gdubs mainers to be honest, he's far from being extinct.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Every time I check this thread, you guys are crying about how bad G&W in so-and-so matchup or how he isn't viable.
It makes me sad. :(

Do you guys not have any hope for him in the MK-less metagame? Just imagine, it'll be like the good ol' days again, one without any LGL rule!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Every time I check this thread, you guys are crying about how bad G&W in so-and-so matchup or how he isn't viable.
It makes me sad. :(

Do you guys not have any hope for him in the MK-less metagame? Just imagine, it'll be like the good ol' days again, one without any LGL rule!
More ICs, Marth, and Snake.

And it's mostly me. I'm going through a phase.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
people need to whine less, in all honesty XD
your character is high tier, and this is still the lowest hes ever been

my main is the bottom of mid tier and its the HIGHEST he's ever been. wheres the will in your 2-dimentional hearts?
hell, even the ganon boards dont moan about matchups and being unviable!

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Diddy is a personal bad matchup of mine. That's me as a player being bad, not G&W. Snake is entirely dependent on how much bull**** I get hit with, sometimes there's a lot of stupid stuff that happens when I'm playing that MU. I've also been uptilted through bair.

Top Bottom