• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Heartstring

Smash Legend
simply put mike isnt the pinnacle of marths metagame, so using him as your matchup example is invalid
leon and mr.R are the best marths in the world. its no competition IMO
well see at apex though teehee

Heartstring

Smash Legend
simply put mike isnt the pinnacle of marths metagame, so using him as your matchup example is invalid

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I wouldn't say that. Mike has proved himself to be an excellent Marth over the years (has a positive score against Ally, brings M2K to a close ace match multiple times, trolololed ADHD in the crew battle and I believe Anti said that he cannot beat Mikehaze or something like that).

It's just that he has these derp moments where he loses to people he shouldn't lose to.

But why are we discussing Marth on the G&W boards?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I wouldn't say that. Mike has proved himself to be an excellent Marth over the years (has a positive score against Ally, brings M2K to a close ace match multiple times, trolololed ADHD in the crew battle and I believe Anti said that he cannot beat Mikehaze or something like that).

It's just that he has these derp moments where he loses to people he shouldn't lose to.

I don't mind. I'm training my pocket marth right now.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Gardex, I am sorry but Rain ***** mikehaze. He SD'd and still won convincingly. He changed how I play the marth m/u and I am much better at it now. MK def beats marth +2.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I'm actually very interested to see what would happen in Skinutski vs Chiiiiii set. Both seem to be really strong players.
Does Chiiiiii actually beat pretty much any tourney with any char like Skinutski does? Last time he did it with Samus and Mario o_o

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
He was completely dominating Rain both matches and then fell for the same "reverse shuttleloop onto the edge" gimp every time. You could see that coming from faaar away. I've had another discussion about this and it was pretty much agreed on that this was more Mikehaze's fault than Rain's brilliance.
What options does Marth have to avoid the reverse SL?

I've personally used it and had lots of success as well.

Nadoing marth can be pretty risky if the MK has high % as Marth can actually up B out of it(just like G&W, except this one kills)
Only if you tornado badly.

Before that set I heard a lot of people boast about how good Mike is at the MK MU. I think it was even mentioned in the commentary of that set, can't remember though.

Very good question, lol.

Gardex, I am sorry but Rain ***** mikehaze. He SD'd and still won convincingly. He changed how I play the marth m/u and I am much better at it now. MK def beats marth +2.
Yup.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
What options does Marth have to avoid the reverse SL?

I've personally used it and had lots of success as well.
Recover high? Jump while airdodging? Both of those could've saved Mike has he hadn't used his double jump when he got gimped. I know this sounds easier on paper, but you really shouldn't just drift towards an MK that loves to shuttleloop the exact area you're drifting towards.

Only if you tornado badly.
Nadoing perfectly is pretty hard to do all the time, one little slip and your opponent can get out of it. It's not just on how he controls the nado either, as it depends on where in the nado the opponent is. I also believe it gets easier to get out at higher percentage, but I'm not sure.

@Alph ARain SD'd ONCE and barely won with high % both matches. And he SD'd while Mike already had a lead, so Mike always had the advantage. He was never *****.

I'm not trying to decide the matchup rate, I'm just stating that the Mike vs Rain set is a bad example to use because of how wacky it is.

@-lzr- I think Kiyo would be better than Chiii against Skin. Kiyo's Falco is mad deadly, but so is Chiii's... so I dunno. And no, chiii can't win with random mid/low tiers. He has to use his better chars. He's basically an MK/Falco main now with many top tier secondaries. He lost with MK against me, and went Falco in LFs and beat me. Kiyo beat him in GFs with Marth. The skillgap between our top players isn't as big as it is in Finland(at least for our top 5-6 players).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You can't recover high if you are down low, lol.

Unless you are suggesting that he do an Up-B over ledge height and try and drop down, which would get him punished.

Jump and air dodge gets hit by Shuttle Loop, and if you drift away from MK he can just... wait for you, lol.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
He wasn't low. Watch the set again. Mike was pretty high up and could get on the stage without grabbing the edge, but he decided to go low for whatever reason.

I'd also rather take a few % punishment than getting gimped at retardedly low %.
If you jump and airdodge, the shuttleloop can't hit you until the invincibility wears off, at which point you're high enough to not get hit by the "gimping" hit box. I never suggested that he should've drifted away from MK, that's suicide.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
@Gardex: Interesting. It's kinda weird how Skinutski is way ahead of everyone else. He still has close matches with our best players, but almost always manages to beat everyone like a boss. I don't want to underestimate your players, you are probably at least way ahead of my level, but I haven't seen Skinutski being beat yet, but I remember Chiiii and that Kiyo guy being tough.
I would say you are overall better than Finland, but our best player is better than your best player :)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well they have played in Wifi a long time ago and Skinutski got the winning streak, but other than that, no idea.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Well if we're gonna speak wifi(which we shouldn't), then it's Kiyo > Skin > Chiii > Kiyo

And yes Gagga used to be ranked 1st, but he hasn't attended in a long while, so he's just falling down because of inactivity.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So i've been watchingmy GW and I'm gonna start practicing with him again to iron out my problems.

I fish for grabs a lot to no avail. I don't mix up my bairs even though when I do it's very successful, I stopped slowfall dairing a while back just because, and ever since I realized that not all characters have dumb rolls like Gdubs I've been rolling more, out of habit.

They're dumb little things that i've been doing, but it's mainly because I don't just focus on GW anymore. I've lost confidence with him for a while and ever since MK was banned I've been screwing around with everybody.

But I'm gonna start focusing on only GW and Peach. I'm gonna get my Marth decent. And stop screwing with PT and Falcon because they aren't really helping too much. And my Peach needs serious work too. I'm gonna get serious about this so I'll be in good form for NYTE next year, that's plenty of time to level up a few times.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you here. It was close and Mike Haze was winning for a majority of both matches and Rain brought it back. To say he ***** him is a clear over exaggeration

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol revived discussion from inactive person >_>.

I say ***** because when I was watching the matches I never doubted once that rain was going to win. He SD'd then had got killed really early (which could've been avoided+the tech was probably accidental) in both matches respectively, and won convincingly. Stock count says it wasn't ****, but just the nature of the matches was kind of ****.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol.

Don't take it personally mike, I just thought rain did an exceptional job vs you. If I got to apex I'll MM you again, but probably not $20. Definitely won't have the money for that.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Since Today's VM wall is disabled, I guess I'll just post this here and assume she'll read it sooner or later.

Happy birthday, Today!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
*Secondary MK*
"Screw you smiley MK is cheap blah blah"
"tier ***** smiley etc etc"
"Smiley you're too good for MK i'm disappointed this that"
*MK gets banned, pick peach back up and drop mk*
"Dude MK is pretty fun i'm thinking of using him since we're not banning him"
"i'm picking up diddy"
"I'm picking up ICs"
"I use snake"

My MK isn't even good. I a bit MAD

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Why isnt the socal thread sticked btw?

...and im able to upload in widescreen now so maybe i can upload the community video when we have enough players and clips for it as long as no one here have a good program like Sony Vegas or something
Do my eyes deceive me, or did Makke say the G&W community is going to make a new community video? :bee:

EDIT: By the way, I was wondering the same thing about this thread. It even has more replies and views than the Simple Question, Simple Answer thread.

Top Bottom