• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I won my tournament today, but used MK in GFs after losing WFs as GaW. Now MK is banned in my region, so I am gonna have to come up with new characters, cause I've changed my mind about marth... He's still really hard :(.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I actually did swipe that dust from my old rusty Rob and decided to start using him against Marth again.

Also, my first tourney with G&W: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312709
I'm quite happy with my placing, only lost to Finlands top players.
Gonna get some videos from it in like a week so I would appreciate if someone could yell at me how bad I am.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Skinutski is Finlands S tier, kinda like MK, way above the rest, but the A tier is still toptier too.
He also didn't attend for some reason.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I won my tournament today, but used MK in GFs after losing WFs as GaW. Now MK is banned in my region, so I am gonna have to come up with new characters, cause I've changed my mind about marth... He's still really hard :(.
I'm picking up Marth to counter other Marths. For the hard Marths I'm sticking to Gdubs though.

And grats on winning :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
no way man. they get desynched too easy. snake wrecks them so hard, diddy nana's stop them donig anything, as well as many high and mid tiers doing well against them (see: r.o.b)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King

Alphicans

Smash Hero
no way man. they get desynched too easy. snake wrecks them so hard, diddy nana's stop them donig anything, as well as many high and mid tiers doing well against them (see: r.o.b)
LOTS of ICs (mostly the top ones) think ICs win vs snake now. Vs diddy it's definitely even if not in ICs favor. Their worst m/u is vs TL or ZSS (I kinda doubt this), and ROB is probably even or very slightly in his favor.

ICs beat or go even with top tier, and lose to 1-2 high tier characters and then lose to no one else. Same goes for diddy (maybe no bad m/us though), but he doesn't wreck as many characters as ICs does.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But IC are mad hard to play. You are always at disadvantaged compared to how much effort it required to win and that sucks.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
LOTS of ICs (mostly the top ones) think ICs win vs snake now. Vs diddy it's definitely even if not in ICs favor. Their worst m/u is vs TL or ZSS (I kinda doubt this), and ROB is probably even or very slightly in his favor.

ICs beat or go even with top tier, and lose to 1-2 high tier characters and then lose to no one else. Same goes for diddy (maybe no bad m/us though), but he doesn't wreck as many characters as ICs does.
do they really? can you diverge into why these people think this? i actually cant see it. i mean i know the best snake in america and the best snake in europe doesnt main snake anymore.but jesus thats not changing the matchups THAT drastically
unless ive missed some major memo. but im always on here so thats unlikely XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
theyve always been good. theyre just notoriously bad at maintaining their ability to CG. something which my only local player did frequently...maknig my life horrible

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hey peeps, I use G&W now, I'll be replacing Splice as the AUS G&W probably given his waning interest in the game competitively.

ICs are probably the best character at a higher level we haven't reached yet. They definitely aren't the best right now.

Marth is mad overrated, if he really was so good, he'd actually win money. He goes even with like... everyone, which makes it harder to consistently win with him throughout a tourney.

With MK gone, Diddy/Falco/Snake/Marth/Ice Climbers/Wario/Olimar are all "top tier" imo, the order is too hard to say.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Marth doesn't win anything because there are no Marth mains in America. (Except for Mikehaze obviously, but he has this "beat the top players, lose to stuff you shouldn't lose to" style)

He wins everything in Europe.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Marth goes even but it also more versatile than most of the cast. Its his utility. He can be aggressive but still campy. He can rack damage and ko at ******** %. He can eff you up on the ground/in the air/off stage and kill you oos. Even in his even matchups he's still hard to fight you have to bait the player of marth not the charcter to think they can get away with stuff. Marth wasnt winning because mk was marth with wings so he was overshadowed.

:phone:

EDIT: OH SCREW SMASH BROS

GUYS I JUST PASSED MY PT (fitness) TEST AND WITH AN EXCELLENT TOO!!

This means I don't have to take it for another year AND my career is saved (Because I recently got in trouble twice in the same week and failing a PT test would have been REALLY bad. But passing is a REALLY good thing and should make things better at work now :D

Man that's a load off my shoulders, Theyre known for being really REALLY strict on push up form but I passed and then my sit ups and run time made up for my pushups

I'm so happy right now :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Marth wasnt winning because mk was marth with wings so he was overshadowed.
Marth is one of the most popular characters o_O

EDIT: OH SCREW SMASH BROS

GUYS I JUST PASSED MY PT (fitness) TEST AND WITH AN EXCELLENT TOO!!

This means I don't have to take it for another year AND my career is saved (Because I recently got in trouble twice in the same week and failing a PT test would have been REALLY bad. But passing is a REALLY good thing and should make things better at work now :D

Man that's a load off my shoulders, Theyre known for being really REALLY strict on push up form but I passed and then my sit ups and run time made up for my pushups

I'm so happy right now :D
Congratulations! :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Marth doesn't win anything because there are no Marth mains in America. (Except for Mikehaze obviously, but he has this "beat the top players, lose to stuff you shouldn't lose to" style)

He wins everything in Europe.
he doesnt win everything in europe. he just places in everything in europe.
we actually only have two top marth mains...theyre just REALLY top

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Two Marth mains... who win everything...

Kiyo also just won a Norwegian tourney with Marth(the one I placed 3rd at).

Although I wouldn't expect anybody to know about the Norwegian smashscene lol

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
He just really seems overrated to me.

His MUs IMO against viable characters:
|:metaknightbrawl:|:diddybrawl:|:snakebrawl:|:falcobrawl:|:wariobrawl:|:icsbrawl:|:olimarbrawl:|:pikachubrawl:|:lucariobrawl:|:dededebrawl:|:zssbrawl:|:gwbrawl:|:toonlinkbrawl:|:peachbrawl:
:marthbrawl:|-2|-1|+1|-1|+2|+0|+0|+2|+1|+0|+1|+2|+0|+1|+1

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Two Marth mains... who win everything...

Kiyo also just won a Norwegian tourney with Marth(the one I placed 3rd at).

Although I wouldn't expect anybody to know about the Norwegian smashscene lol
yeah, scandinavia kinda gets risregarded unfairly, as does uk bcause were so suparated :L

He just really seems overrated to me.

His MUs IMO against viable characters:
|:metaknightbrawl:|:diddybrawl:|:snakebrawl:|:falcobrawl:|:wariobrawl:|:icsbrawl:|:olimarbrawl:|:pikachubrawl:|:lucariobrawl:|:dededebrawl:|:zssbrawl:|:gwbrawl:|:toonlinkbrawl:|:peachbrawl:
:marthbrawl:|-2|-1|+1|-1|+2|+0|+0|+2|+1|+0|+1|+2|+0|+1|+1
hmm, i dont agree with that personally. he beats falco. and is -1 at worst vs. mk. otherwise its pretty accurate to what i think

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Definitely not -1 vs. MK, MikeHaze vs. Rain broooo~

At least, he is noticeably worse at the MU than Diddy/Olimar/Fox/etc..., so -1.5 would do as well, I guess.

I can see where you are coming from with Falco though, that is just one of my odd-ball opinions.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
You're gonna use Rain vs Mike as an example? The set where Mike destroyed the MK but just did some really risky and stupid stuff and died because of it? Not a good example.

And he is not -1 with Falco. If anything then it's +1 in his favor.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
How did Mike destroy Rain? Lol

Reverse 3-stock game 1 after a low percent suicide isn't exactly destroying. I was mainly using that set to point out MK's ease of edge-guarding Marth and shutting him down with Nado.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
He was completely dominating Rain both matches and then fell for the same "reverse shuttleloop onto the edge" gimp every time. You could see that coming from faaar away. I've had another discussion about this and it was pretty much agreed on that this was more Mikehaze's fault than Rain's brilliance.

Nadoing marth can be pretty risky if the MK has high % as Marth can actually up B out of it(just like G&W, except this one kills)

Top Bottom