• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone

I'd just want to pass here to say that i'll be around these forums as i started to play GnW alot and adore playing with him.

That's about all. :>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it would be nice if you could draw a hitler moustach on him and take a picture :)
i would do that pixl, but the man is currently awake

edit: okay, i originally posted this about 10 minutes after you replied, so pretend this was submtted then XD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Got 2nd at my regional. Felix wrecked my GaW, so in GFs I went falco, and did much better but still got 3-0d. I'll have vids of my GaW up soon.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Idk what to think of it now. Felix wrecked me really hard game1, but that's just one game. When I vs'd biglou at genesis the games were really tight :/. It's -1/-2, but I still think it's closer to -1.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why we use the whole -1, or -2 thing now. I liked just saying the matchup was about 60:40 diddy...

^I thought the same about the matchup Smiley, but I played Yummy's Diddy last tourney and was beat pretty bad. But I don't have any other experience with Diddy other than those few matches. So It'll probably get easier after I play against him a little more.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I lost too, but we both probably played it wrong. You because of matchup inexperience, me because of being frustrated. You're supposed to always keep one of his bananas and Up-B even more than usual, I think. I was salty so I was being ultra agressive.

We'll get it next time, we're better players, It was matchup inexperience. I'm still losing to Olimar. You gotta tell me how you beat Jane, Lance has been trying to help me by using him and I raged out on him last night (for trying to HELP me learn)

It's pretty bad, I don't know how many more sliding Usmashes I can take before I shank myself

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Olimar is all about wanting to be behind him as much as possible. If you can get into that position, he's all yours. This applies to every character, but GaW does a very good job at juggling him and setting up for super low kills. Plus dthrow is godlike. You always want to wait for a reaction if possible, because chances are he's going to roll.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if i had a second person on my end to help me test this then id go find out, i know that if they dont tech we have a guaranteed dsmash though

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
its normally better to wait for a reaction, its just knowing which charachters will get hit by what is the tricky part, always totally annoying when you 100% read a foward roll and up smash about 2cm away from them!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
typically, lightweights get hit by dsmash if they dont tech, middleweights get hit by dtilt if they dont tech, heavies can always get away

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I lost too, but we both probably played it wrong. You because of matchup inexperience, me because of being frustrated. You're supposed to always keep one of his bananas and Up-B even more than usual, I think. I was salty so I was being ultra agressive.

We'll get it next time, we're better players, It was matchup inexperience. I'm still losing to Olimar. You gotta tell me how you beat Jane, Lance has been trying to help me by using him and I raged out on him last night (for trying to HELP me learn)

It's pretty bad, I don't know how many more sliding Usmashes I can take before I shank myself
I'm still kinda new to Oli...well, I'm new to any matchup really...I wish I had more experience in the matchups Diddy, Snake, and Marth in that order. And to a lesser extent MK, Falco, and those random 50/50 matchups like Pit...and Lucario I think. I'm not sure if that matchup is even, but I still want to know it more. Anjila scares me.

I really don't know what I do against Jane to beat him to be honest. To me, it seems that he doesn't know the matchup well, and you can abuse a lot of things you shouldn't be able to. Like Bair, I've gotten away with using bair so much against him. I also use jab, dtilt, and nair a lot against him. Just beware of pivot grabs, and don't use dair too much, and your good. For stages, I know Jane likes YI, and Delfino. Delfino isn't that much of a problem against Olimar, so just ban YI. And if you lose, go either Brinstar, or Frigate.

I'm hoping to take Derp on next tourney, for some reason I can't beat his Oli. I mean, I've never lost to Jane, and I'm mostly sure Jane's Oli is better. But whatever, I'm figuring him out. Just don't let him spam pikmin and give you a crapload of damage. That's pretty much all he does...side-b, and either a smash or grab when you get too close. His style is so linear, but for some reason I take too much damage from his thrown pikmin.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
im fairly sure every tech-roll gets out of the way
On some counterpicks, and on platforms, D-throw -> D-smash is a completely inescapable followup. On flat terrain D-smash does not connect on any techroll. However D-tilt on the other hand is in fact capable of reaching some techrolls. Many of the characters you can D-tilt out of techroll you ALSO can hit with Oil Panic, like Pit, ZSS, Ice Climbers, Lucario.

UTD Zac has definitely D-smashed MK out of a techroll on RC before. When the MK was techrolling on a slope.

By the way, I have a guide on G&W's D-throw game that you might want to check out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298130

And I do apologize for not completing what I promised to complete over the summer. I know I need to doublecheck obscure things and ideally get image data to support my findings.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
On some counterpicks, and on platforms, D-throw -> D-smash is a completely inescapable followup. On flat terrain D-smash does not connect on any techroll. However D-tilt on the other hand is in fact capable of reaching some techrolls. Many of the characters you can D-tilt out of techroll you ALSO can hit with Oil Panic, like Pit, ZSS, Ice Climbers, Lucario.

UTD Zac has definitely D-smashed MK out of a techroll on RC before. When the MK was techrolling on a slope.

By the way, I have a guide on G&W's D-throw game that you might want to check out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298130

And I do apologize for not completing what I promised to complete over the summer. I know I need to doublecheck obscure things and ideally get image data to support my findings.
oh, wll if youre talking about platforms and certain stages then yeah. i was going on the assumption of flat terrain with the tech roll moving its full potential distance.
theres so many variables with it its difficult to know
also, seeing as mk's now banned in unity, it looks like my usage of gameandwatch has become severely limited. unless the uk decides not to ban him

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I use IC for Marth though.
Olimar is not fun at all. The dumbest character in the game and he is very hard to play well and he is still boring. Nope, don't do it.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I play KiraFlax, I definitely realize what ROB can do.

It's a matchup I have to learn, I can figure out some things, but it's still very unique, he's got that deceptive range like ZSS sorta

Edit: deleted the wink face. it was unnecessary and stalkerish creepy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wait, dealing with rob using G&W?
nair
10 nairs
100 nairs
1000 nairs

really its possibly the only tool you need on him, once he airborne you got him XD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Rob is definitely potent. I used him for over 2 years until I switched over to MK. He has some pretty abuse able weaknesses which hurt him a lot. And I am pretty bad at covering such weaknesses so he in fact was not for me after all.

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
I see the potential in DDD (he's my 3rdish anyway) but hes just so boring. I also hate playing IC's but maybe if I took time to learn their BS grab game that would change. I want to play Wario but he has the same problems GnW does it seems like.

I guess I could just learn Marth, but there are some good Marths where I play and I doubt I could win the ditto.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
every character is boring if you dont attempt to make hard-*** reads with them. i could never enjoy using ike if i didnt get a well-read/lucky fsmash occasionally

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
i dont agree with that, some charachters are inherently halarious, like gameandwatch,lucas and ike, some charachters are fun if u play them epically like marth, some chars are gay no matter how good u are with them, "ddd,olimar,ic" i also refuse to play any char with an annoying looking face "diddy, link"

Top Bottom