• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I never do ftilt on purpose, but it always hits.

Always.
^Yup, me too. I'm a fan of dash attack, and my controller doesn't like to run sometimes...so I end up f-tilting. But for whatever reason, it always hits.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
non teched dthrow? i prefer dtilt. but what kind of good player doesnt tech it?
still, the fact it hits tornado is cool, somethnig i need to keep in mind

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Don't forget that teching it can be become predictable, so not teching it can actually become a good option for mix-ups. Dtilt is really good for characters that can't be dsmashed near the ledge, but dash attack is way better at low% no question about it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's awesome doing it. Ledgeboosted reverse bacon and then upB to the ledge. Too bad it's easily hogged.

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
ive never had too much trouble with wolf, i find hes recoveries are really unreliable u can often get a sneeky ledge hang or even spike him off the ledge with the dash attack (classic old school game and watch tactics!)

but yeah back air is always a good option but make sure u fast fall and dont leave it too vulnerable, alot of good players know how to punish it between the last air hit and the landing hit so make sure it lands early. also dont be afraid to distance yourself by using the up b if they get in too close. its really brilliant for combos on game and watch it gives you spacing and doesnt leave u helpless like most recovery moves it can also chain well into and out of moves like neutral air, up b, then foward air or whatever the situation calls for , game and watch is brilliant for keeping the pressure on with multi hits and making the opponent losing balance with the air from up b and up air.

with wolf i guess keep them afraid to use the lazer but dont be too trigger happy with the bucket unless your safe as it does have some lag on release. also although back air is good, you need to vary your approaches, keep them guessing, try instead of spacing up b to "just hit them" try doing it all the way over them and landing the other side, this makes it harder for them to throw u out of there shield. also try mixing up with some down air but dont be obvious with it, try spacing tactics with neutral air as it is great for juggling specially as a follow up from up tilts etc

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for responding. Were having our bi-annual tournament at my school and since slim isn't coming + MK is banned I think I can do well, theres just 1 snake player who I know will **** me, and some mysterious wolf user I've never seen play who is supposed to be good.

The worst part about playing wolf is that his yelling gets annoying.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Do not attempt to punish Wolfs bair. You just can't simply go and shieldgrab him or beat it. It's a crazy move. It's safe even on a powershield.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I didn't think any single hit move was safe on PSC fire. Somebody should get together with a friend and see if it can be used to punish Wolf's bair. Just remember that you need tap jump on to do it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you mean up-b OOS?
you dont need tap jump silly, you just need to be able to move from y to b pretty fast XD
also, being an aerial its hard to identify if its safe or not. if you his the floor exactly as the hitbox comes out then it should be safe
if we assume his b-air hitbox comes out and we powershield it, and then one frame later he lands:
his b-air landing lag is 8frames, plus 1 to put his own shield up
our up-b startup is 8 frames, plus at least one frame of the jump animation required to get us OOS
in the end, we go up and he powershields us. its safe on powershield. of course this is all assuming its done frame perfect, so theres a chance it could work if you fire! frame perfectly and he doesnt time his b-air perfectly. but its in his favour...just

Heartstring

Smash Legend
grabs are a different matter entirely!

although i was fairly sure you couldnt powershield, shield DI and shieldgrab all within a single frame, if you can do it then kudos to you, but i know i would find it difficult to make myself press L, Left/Right And A all within a single frame.
infact is it even possible to do this anyway? im still sure that you can shield DI a powershield
screw physics

Heartstring

Smash Legend
>implying you can understand snake's U-tilt

its an anomaly of life sambo. just dont bother trying to get near it once within kill range, it outranges nair so yeah, you ****ed once you go above 100%

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you get edgeguarded with utilt?
if you ledge sweetspot it will be fine, jsut get up before your invincibility runs out

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
yeah, ledge is one of those classic rock paper scissor moments, you can either plain ledge atk which will normally give you enough invincibiltiy to not get hit, but u will get throw if they see it coming, if u expect a throw then go for the ledge jump into an air move,which will leave u open to atks but punish a throw, or if u know they gonna ledge guard, do a ledge drop the and immediate jump up and use neutral air which will atk there feet through the bottom of the stage, or even use judge if ur feeling lucky, follow this up with a parachute and glide safely back to stage

Top Bottom