• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
GW is better against Meta than most, there's just not many high level GWs to take on the MKs. And to truly **** MKs you have to be really good at dthrow reads, which means you'll either be outplaying them, or just the smarter player anyway.

But against you're run of the mill MK that will try to dair **** you and fight in the air, they'll be disappointed because MK mainly beats us on the ground.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, for a real mk ill probably end up going ike of them (dont question my logic, its flawless :B)
hes fun to use anyway, and im got practise of reads from ganon side-b mindgames

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I still need to reconsider between GW and Peach... At least I dont have to worry about Mk. Gl with GW.

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
good after noon peoples
simple intoductions, im an :ike:/:rob:/:ganondorf: main from england, i picked up G&W because ike and rob are disgraceful against meta, and i also figured its about time i learnt a high tier for the first time in my life. im coming to apex 2012, i kinda want to get the G&W up to scratch for the endless waves of MK mains in america

so, hi ^.^
I too have share your determination of using GW against MK. Good luck with that.
Lol I changed my avatar for troll reasons, so I'll probably go back to my old one.

You pronounce my name like alficans, not alf-hicans or alfishins.
I've always read your name as Alpines...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well lets be honest, its better than any of my other characters xD
besides, i also need to prove the uk scene wrong and show that that i can-surprisingly-use a high tier competently
im just waiting for him to become a mid tier XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
he is indeed awesome, however his metagame doesnt progress very fast in comparison to his surrounding characters in the tier list
hell end up in the same sort of position as peach or DK. i bet no-one thought rob would be mid-tier in the early stages of the game
d3 will follow after G&W becomes mid-tier

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Possible. I don't really know much about G&W yet. I am still new to him, but I really like him. His grab game is legit, blowing the opponent in the air is awesome and 9 just ***** overall.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don;t think GaW will ever be midtier and really shouldn't be. At worst he'll be the defining line between mid and high tier.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
GW is like guaranteed to stay lowest high tier. He sucks in the metagame but is too inherently good not to be high tier. He is just a doubles character.

:phone:

Me and alph on that mindreading ish

Heartstring

Smash Legend
indeed
so, what is the best move for landing kils with G&W anyway? with how fast he dies i simply cant afford to take them up to 200% before eventually getting a kill which never looked like it was going to happen

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Depends on the matchup. Generally you'll be reading for KOs and it's pretty matchup dependent. Some characters will be edgeguards, some will be downsmash, some will be Fsmash (out of dthrow or otherwise) a few will be usmash. I kill most often with Fair outta shield.

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen its Fair, Usmash and some Fsmash. Usmash goes through his Dair I believe.

I think the saying is to win you have to live to 150 or kill him before 90

-LzR-

Smash Hero
This sucks. I am out of motivation, I can't do **** without MK and just overall fed up with this game. I think I might switch over to Melee or just quit smash.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This sucks. I am out of motivation, I can't do **** without MK and just overall fed up with this game. I think I might switch over to Melee or just quit smash.
proptip: pick who's most fun, not whos best. it lasts a lot lnoger that way
also youre location probably doesnt help, there mustb e like 10 people in all of the finnish brawl scene

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Actually we have almost 50 players and an active scene in Finland.
MK is probably my favorite character, but we banned him since we thought he is overcentralizing and dumb and I support it.
It's just that it also killed my motivation.
And since I hold like 70% of Finnish tourneys it might mean the activity is going to drop. I hope someone else picks up the role of a TO or I find motivation again.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I do in fact like G&W, a lot, he is totally a character well fit for my kind of play. It's just the "all over again" feeling. I also gonna be disappointed not placing top3 anymore ever again :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Actually we have almost 50 players and an active scene in Finland.
MK is probably my favorite character, but we banned him since we thought he is overcentralizing and dumb and I support it.
It's just that it also killed my motivation.
And since I hold like 70% of Finnish tourneys it might mean the activity is going to drop. I hope someone else picks up the role of a TO or I find motivation again.
You know how the smash scene is, people wont pick it up again
brawl is beginning to die away a bit sadly. same as melee did a few years before brawl was released. its just a bit of deja vu really

I do in fact like G&W, a lot, he is totally a character well fit for my kind of play. It's just the "all over again" feeling. I also gonna be disappointed not placing top3 anymore ever again :(
well, thats jsut how it is, you either want the ban or you dont XD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
More and more newcomers are appearing to us all the time. It's just that my Brawling is coming to an end soon. Well even if I do quit, I can remember the 3 years that I really enjoyed smashing and stuff and met a lot of new ppl along with it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Like a long, long, long time ago. Didn't bother getting a new account so I just bought premium.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thought i remembered you from somewhere. the rob stage discussion threads :p
if youre having trouble getting back into it, play to troll, pick a character that makes the opponent rage themselves into oblivion

like wario or sumtin

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I got a pretty good IC and a decent sonic, but nothing I can really cause rage with lol.
Oh and that Rob, man, what a terrible character I wasted 2 years into.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hes certainly got his acchiles, but its simple enough to deal with
just dont get stuck underneath anyone, with his amazing up-b, its not hard XD
but icies are fairly simple to paly once to learn to chaingrab effectively

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Icies are anything but simple. I could cg well and 80% of the cast too. Too bad I fished for the grabs so I got fsmashed at 30% and got killed thanks to Nana DI.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well the icies metagame essentially boils down to 'do thing to force them onto the ground in an unfavourable position, then grab them
nana is an anomaly in all her entirety

Heartstring

Smash Legend
that would be the reason they arent alongside meta XD
if nana was programmed correctly they would almost certainly be banned

Top Bottom