• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Splice

Smash Hero
MetaKnght & G&W

2 against 1: MK grab the opponent and dthrow, G&W footstool (Simple), MK dtilt/Jab , perfect set up for our smashes
I can confirm that this works and feels pretty amazing :p

Also, that force rise is so practical and i cant wait to use charge and Usmash after it on Halberd!

Splice

Smash Hero
My team-mate and I initially thought of using the Dthrow->Footstool as a set up for MetaKnights Dtilt lock as seen in Metagame Minute 1.

I wanted to be able to do that whilst there were 2 players, and then I'd hold the other player off while my teammate did a Dtilt lock. It was pretty hard and didn't really work against better teams so we just use it for smashes now ^__^
Against one player though you could defs have MKs Dtilt lock thing if they werent at kill %s :)

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, my last - but long overdue export is up. The one on Toon Link.

Sorry I'm a scrub, but if anyone wants to correct information or add input now is the time because I don't use smashboards anymore. Yeah just check the G&W main MU thread.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
That was so awesome. I got a new phone guys, a badass smartphone and stuff. Bye bye buying expensive *** prepaid minutes. This mofo is the truth. Wanna exchange numbers anyone? Trying to fill this badboy up

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
There are times in battle where going aggro is ok. I mean, just for a period of time.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So yeah so im sure you guys dont care but im picking peach back up. I dont wanna because I wanted to give mk the full attention when im not concerned with gw but recently watching kyle play peach has sorta rekindled my interest in her and now that im using uer again I see way too much potential to ignore. I could really eff shiz up if I pick her back up.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
C'mon, I still haven't met you yet. And how long have you been in AZ? I kinda wanted to meet another G&W player.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
That really sucks, MK or Snake for me, Zss if the player know the bucket tactic and how to use it effectivly
I don't think it would suck. I mean, it's probably not the best option for a doubles partner, but it can still do decent, couldn't it?

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
To clarify I wasn't actually being serious but you could try it.

And quick question: What would you guys say should be the minimum number of entrants for a tournament? Even a small one. I know there aren't any rules that dictate a tournament should have at least X people, but I just wonder. Because I wouldn't consider eight people following a tournament format a "tournament" lol.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Doubles gdubs is a lame team tbh. Hypothetically if we teamed id just go mk probably. That team *****. Anyway im trying to hit this pr so ill be at the tourney today.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I can't make the PR since I've only been to one tourney this season. But I think I'll get honorable mention. I surprised a few people, and I beat some ranked players.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Im sorta frustrated hecause my goal was the pr and I screwed up bad. I wasnt even off I just lost matches I shouldnt have but its all good, my man ominous here didnt choke and repped gw and caused a few upsets. I had some legit matches but still a bit disappointed I screwed up when it counted. Looks like I have some more going up to phoenix to do... damn.

:phone:

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I screwed up when it didn't matter. I did terrible in pools, I only won once... But I was glad I beat Yoshiken in brackets, that was a first for me. I hope I didn't ruin his chances of getting on the PR though, because he kinda deserves to be on it.

I guess I messed up once against Rave, I got an SD the last match, and he beat me 2-1...I think I could've been able to win if it weren't for that.

Edit: I'm now listed as a "Challenger Approaching" which are ranks 11-15 but aren't put in any order. I couldn't get placed in the top 10 this time around because you have to attend at least two tournaments in the season...and I've only been to one. But next season I'll get on the PR.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
And quick question: What would you guys say should be the minimum number of entrants for a tournament? Even a small one. I know there aren't any rules that dictate a tournament should have at least X people, but I just wonder. Because I wouldn't consider eight people following a tournament format a "tournament" lol.
If you're only talking about Brawl tournaments, then to me 16 would be an acceptable turnout.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
8 would be a tournament, considering whether or not any of the entrants are known. 8 is fine for it to count for a local or state pr, for sure, as long as there were like 3 or more pr members, preferably ranked above 5th.

Splice

Smash Hero
Skill of players > Size of the turnout

Thats why 100 man EB games tournament, doesn't mean as much as 10 man pro-smash players house meet.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Thanks for answering. What about a tournament with both Melee and Brawl?
I would say about 30. Considering that you're likely to get some people entering both events. Of course all of that depends on where the event is located as well.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Ok guys, my military service just started, and I have no way to get internet over there, so I'll be screwed for the next 10 months. I'll definitively come back when I finish this ****

Peace

Top Bottom