• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I was right! They were going to do a 3DS Smash!

With that being said, I want a Wii U and a 3DS now. And **** MvC3, I'll be dropping that in favor of those games now. =)

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I was right! They were going to do a 3DS Smash!

With that being said, I want a Wii U and a 3DS now. And **** MvC3, I'll be dropping that in favor of those games now. =)
Hahaha, that was so funny, we just talked about that before, and now it will really occur. Mad sorcery skills.
Happy I already got a 3DS. :D

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
It's actually probably better to wait to get a 3DS. Because at the moment there are barely any games for it, but since it's new they put it at a high price. By the end of this year to a year there should be new games, new colors for it, and at a cheaper price! I still really want one at the moment, though!! They are so cool! Must resist! I really want the Zelda Edition one, too since I had a Zelda Edition DS Lite!

And the Wii U looks really cool! (Despite the lame ish name). I just wish E3 showed more of the console instead of the controller, but it'll still be pretty wicked next year surely!

Get MvC3 now, though!

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
It's actually probably better to wait to get a 3DS. Because at the moment there are barely any games for it, but since it's new they put it at a high price. By the end of this year to a year there should be new games, new colors for it, and at a cheaper price! I still really want one at the moment, though!! They are so cool! Must resist! I really want the Zelda Edition one, too since I had a Zelda Edition DS Lite!

And the Wii U looks really cool! (Despite the lame ish name). I just wish E3 showed more of the console instead of the controller, but it'll still be pretty wicked next year surely!

Get MvC3 now, though!
Damn day, that reminds me that I still didn't play MvC3 against you. Someday~

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey guys, I did say earlier that I was going to drop Brawl for MvC3.

Looks like I'm gonna be dropping both those for NEW SMASH. I'm not really worried how competitive it is, as long as it's fresh and new I have faith that it's gonna be fun as hell.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm gonna be dropping both those for NEW SMASH. I'm not really worried how competitive it is, as long as it's fresh and new I have faith that it's gonna be fun as hell.
I now have man love for you. If only more people thought this way.

Go go G&W boards! We use the oldest character but are the least resistant to change! **** yeah.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I really enjoy competitiveness! I think since Nintendo is trying to capture hardcore gamers and competitive Smash 4 will be one of the best ways to do it! Casuals are fun, too! Or items and such.
I wonder how easy it would be to hack Wii U-- or if Nintendo is going to do anything about that.
I'm more stocked for the new WiFi instead of the whole Friend codes. Finally, something good!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am probably just gonna try to forget about smash4 until the release date is announced. For now I wanna focus on what is available now, you know? Looking to the future is good and all, but there's no need to fantasize about it. Brawl being announced kind of ruined the melee scene for awhile, and it'd be a shame if that happened again.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I kind of doubt the announcement will destroy the Brawl scene. I do think Brawl is already dying down, though. It's not really a fun competitive game. )'= And it just gets tiring after awhile.

I mean, with E3 just happening I don't see a problem with people being excited about Smash4, Wii U, and the other fun games coming out! Doesn't mean you have to quit! Brawl still has awholeee 'nother year!

Splice

Smash Hero
I wonder if Sakurai is still working on the project.

I don't think this will make Brawl and Melee obsolete.
It might make one of them obsolete, but Brawl and Melee are so different one of them is still going to have features this new game doesnt have and that will appeal to a vast crowd.
I apologize that sentence was pretty badly constructed by I couldn't be bothered thinking about it more coherently haha xP

I wonder when Smash 4 will actually be out though... 2012 or 2013?
2012 would be boss

Alphicans

Smash Hero
They say it hasn't even started production yet, but tbh I don't even know what that means exactly :/. Does that mean they haven't done anything with it at all?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I wonder if Sakurai is still working on the project.

I don't think this will make Brawl and Melee obsolete.
It might make one of them obsolete, but Brawl and Melee are so different one of them is still going to have features this new game doesnt have and that will appeal to a vast crowd.
I apologize that sentence was pretty badly constructed by I couldn't be bothered thinking about it more coherently haha xP

I wonder when Smash 4 will actually be out though... 2012 or 2013?
2012 would be boss
Sakurai is definitely working on the project.

I don't think the game will be out until some time 2013. ='/ OOF so far off! Sakurai is also busy working on Kid Icarus. If he does make Smash4, I hope Pit doesn't end up being God Tier.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I honestly think Iwata put Sakurai in a tough spot like with brawl by announcing it so he has no choice but to make it. And I'm feelin' Alph, I'm concerned about right now, no point in getting hype for a game that hasn't started production yet (Which does indeed mean it hasn't started being made yet, it may still be in conceptual stages or even less)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I just want the Zelda characters, Samus, and Mewtwo to be top tier and then it will be all good.

Oh and nerf Marth. He doesn't deserve to be good. Such a wuss honestly.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Too stupid to live, too beautiful to die.
I actually think Marth is one of the few characters that has been done (I don't mean absolute perfection here, but for lack of a better word) perfectly. Maybe a better word is balanced. You need to be good with him, but once you become skilled with him he's deadly. He accurately reflects the skill level of the player using him. Just my opinion.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
When I say Marth sucks, I actually am talking about Fire Emblem anyhow.

I mean Roy sucks in Fire Emblem, so the way he came out in Melee isn't unreasonable. Just Marth though...there really isn't a basis for him being good.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I was playing matches at 2AM with my friends over the weekend (referred to as 2 in the morning matches, even once it's three due to everyone's overall skill beginning to deteriorate) and the funniest thing happened in our free for alls.

We were on pokemon stadium and I was playing Blue G&W (as per usual) and it was on the water form and I was chilling in the water and I start charging my down smash. My friend (Smoky) was playing MetaKnight ran right past me and I hit him with the sweetspot of the hammer. He then says the greatest line that night:

"What the heck!? I thought you were just water!"

I burst out laughing.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I was playing matches at 2AM with my friends over the weekend (referred to as 2 in the morning matches, even once it's three due to everyone's overall skill beginning to deteriorate) and the funniest thing happened in our free for alls.

We were on pokemon stadium and I was playing Blue G&W (as per usual) and it was on the water form and I was chilling in the water and I start charging my down smash. My friend (Smoky) was playing MetaKnight ran right past me and I hit him with the sweetspot of the hammer. He then says the greatest line that night:

"What the heck!? I thought you were just water!"

I burst out laughing.
Camo-canceled into a down smash.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDwM7pWdq9I

G&W can use the dtilt to get "Force rise" if the opponent miss a tech, if u predict they try to DI behind u, just turn around and dtilt. Maybe not so useful but once u get it in action it will be fun

Also, Nice online because its harder to tech xD
Having an strong option for punishing missing tech is always welcome.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDwM7pWdq9I

G&W can use the dtilt to get "Force rise" if the opponent miss a tech, if u predict they try to DI behind u, just turn around and dtilt. Maybe not so useful but once u get it in action it will be fun

Also, Nice online because its harder to tech xD
I like this. I want to see how well this works on Lylat personally. After I fool around with this a bit, I might consider adding it to my D-throw guide (after doing some stupid stuff with Snake and the landmine).

Top Bottom