• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Splice

Smash Hero
This proves Marth is harder than MK

I play MK in grand-finals yesterday, get 1st place.
Alphicans plays Marth, gets 2nd place.

Marth sucks. By which i mean, he's too amazing.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
This proves Marth is harder than MK

I play MK in grand-finals yesterday, get 1st place.
Alphicans plays Marth, gets 2nd place.

Marth sucks. By which i mean, he's too amazing.
Personal logic is personal? Good job though both of you!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I <3 Alphy

***** at comic-con. I was planning on going to an actual tourney 30 mins away from there but my friend was too busy dry humping stan lee's leg, so i just ate people at the con. Found some smashers, so i'll finally be able to join the scene here... Once i find the tucson players, only met phoenix players. Did GW justice =)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I wanna pick up Pika but I don't wanna pick up Pika, He's a really cool character but seems pretty technical, and I don't mind picking him up but i don't see a huge benefit in learning him other than fun, and since there's better characters i could be focusing on...

Guess i'll just stick to practicing ICs

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
We can B-reversal on the ground? Someone teach me exactly how to do this, i just figured it out and i'd really like to incorporate it. I can replicate it only with like 20% accuracy

Like with the little slide, not just changing directions

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Definitely pick up pika. IMO everyone should have a pika for at least fox, wolf and sheik. These characters shouldn't win tournaments!!!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That seems very useful vs ROB. I don't really see the huge advantage to using it over tech chase fair vs most other characters though.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
From the looks of it, if they tech roll away, combos don't really seem to be possible, at least not ones that put your opponent above you. I do like the fact that it covers two options, but teching in place is pretty well useless, and I'd argue not teching is almost always a better option than teching in place.

Splice

Smash Hero
Against characters who may stay on the spot and not get hit, perhaps you could not do the Nair as early and if you see they didn't tech, Bair them instead? idk if that would work, I think you could still get a string out of the Nair if you did it on reaction so maybe :x

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Alphicians, you're supposed to be a good GW player. How can you say that hitting some one with the 4th hit of N-air can't start combos?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Alphicians, you're supposed to be a good GW player. How can you say that hitting some one with the 4th hit of N-air can't start combos?
The way it was demonstrated in the video, it does minimal damage and will only really lead to pseudo combos, because they could DI away. If you hit them teching in place then yeah it'd start something great, but teching in place is just a terrible option. I'd have to try it out to really see the benefits, but for now it just doesn't appear to be any better than a fair or regrab chase.

izzy24

Smash Ace
dang i knew there was a way i could nair after a gra8, it never worked for me cause i didnt thought of inputting the dash first. Awesome find gimr and A2 already practicing/perfecting this :::: )

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
The way it was demonstrated in the video, it does minimal damage and will only really lead to pseudo combos, because they could DI away. If you hit them teching in place then yeah it'd start something great, but teching in place is just a terrible option. I'd have to try it out to really see the benefits, but for now it just doesn't appear to be any better than a fair or regrab chase.
Yes in theory everything can be DI'd, the fact is, most combos aren't DI'd correctly unless people have extensive knowledge of the combos and know they're coming. hell, people still get rufioed which just shouldn't happen

Exdeath

Smash Master
A lot of DI for combos aren't practical due to the limitation of humans. Uair>Jump>Neutral B is legitimate mix-up, though. You can wait for the air dodge and still grab them from below you.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
A lot of DI for combos aren't practical due to the limitation of humans. Uair>Jump>Neutral B is legitimate mix-up, though. You can wait for the air dodge and still grab them from below you.
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER! I hardly ever use my neutral B even though its actually pretty good lol.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER! I hardly ever use my neutral B even though its actually pretty good lol.
I only started using it fairly recently and I'm so glad i started using it, it's surprisingly useful as a zoning tool, Even against faster characters as long as you dont commit to it too much

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
B reversal Neutral B is always underused. Has so much potential. I always forget to use it though.

Splice

Smash Hero
Neutral B is the **** :)

I use it a lot :p

B reversal especially, it feels safer.

Top Bottom