• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle Tourney 5/8 - Wen U gunna let a Ninja SMASH Ms. Parker!?!?!

D

Deleted member

i missed the tourney and bbq... i should really go to this.

Ruse

Fox
Is the your van full homie? Cause if its not i can can bring a 2 ppl. JT and Drew
Let's see if Manko, Holy, RAM, or Benaji want to go first.

My van fits four comfortably, five uncomfortably, and six our-balls-are-touching.

Plus, if we had five-six, there wouldn't be room for set ups.

ragnarock

Smash Lord

My van fits four comfortably, five uncomfortably, and six our-balls-are-touching.

OK, that'll work.

benaji261!

Smash Ace

I posted eariler in this that i'd be gone by May 3rd, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted. So now there's room for set-ups. :) I'm sure you can get RAM, Manko, and Holy though. No worries about that... just force Holy to freakin get sleep beforehand so he does better at the tourney.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
AWAL I've added your listing to the FL thread, but you may want to create a listing on AiB as well if you want to generate a little more attendance. Also I want to offer recording any Brawl replays(Tourney sets, Friendlies, Money Matches) you collect for publishing on FloridaMeister's(Not a single user, but central entity to Florida related events and information) Youtube channel. Should you want host another tourney you can use that as advertising material. North FL I know could use the boost.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm looking at rules and you don't have IDC/EDC banned.

And that standing infinites are banned.

So ICs are ***** and MK can air plank with EDC?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
One of these things is not like the other
I laughed.

As for the response itself, I play(ed) Bowser in Melee, so I'm used to being slow compared to the rest of the cast. Samus seems to be very reliant on smart thinking and excellent spacing (as far as I can tell), which I can appreciate, and it would be good if I played a not-****ty character for once.

She's not great, but she's not bad, either.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
One thing I gotta say is I love the title you gave this tourney lol. Who's Ms. Parker? D:
Miss parker id from the movie Friday with Ice cube and Chris Tucker. He seen ms.Parker(chris tucker) and spoke and while she was turning and bout to bend over he said "when you gaoona let a n%gga hit ms.parker." I think thats how it went, but its a funny movie.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I laughed.

As for the response itself, I play(ed) Bowser in Melee, so I'm used to being slow compared to the rest of the cast. Samus seems to be very reliant on smart thinking and excellent spacing (as far as I can tell), which I can appreciate, and it would be good if I played a not-****ty character for once.

Samus is a good character. Not the best, but she can handle pretty much any match-up.

RAM

Smash Lord
Bad news, can't come so my spot is up for grabs. :( tourneys are always scheduled on Saturdays I work.

Reflex, U should learn DK for Melee if u decide not to try Samus. or u can always learn Ganondorf!!! u would have tons of fun with wizard foot!!!!! O_o

Zone

Smash Champion
I laughed.

You're right for the most part. She has a few things that are very technically hard, But those things aren't nearly as useful as everything you said above. I seem to have a problem Jab-canceling with her, That jab->Crouch->jab->crouch to pressure shields.

In my opinion samus' only Real counter is Falcon, but I think she has a harder time with Falco than fox. Not sure about shiek, but i'd have to say everyone else is pretty evenly matched up.

Samus was my very first main, Fun fact.

Oh and I also believe Zelda > Samus. Kick out of shield works on almost Everything Samus does to Zelda's shield

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sorry--I'm not going to be able to come to this now.

I'd certainly like to, but I have a Statistics final on this day.

Top Bottom