• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena Support Thread

Taws

Smash Rookie
Pardon my stupidity,but who is the Runaway Five?
They are a groovin' upbeat jazz band from Earthbound (The game Ness is from) whose music has the power to chase away ghosts. Ness runs into them numerous times during the game, where they are usually waist deep in debt because of crooked managers. Ness and the crew save their butts, and the Runaway Five return the favor one way or another.

The most famous Runaway Five moment was when they helped Ness defeat a seemingly unbeatable robot boss.... by flipping its "off" switch.

They have sort of a Blues Brothers vibe to them.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
But there's no way anyone could have mistaken the context, or be that overly literal. And Icarus is a legend in the games but not real life do to that being fiction. You must have known what I meant. o_ô

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
But there's no way anyone could have mistaken the context, or be that overly literal. And Icarus is a legend in the games but not real life do to that being fiction. You must have known what I meant. o_ô
Well considering the context you used was non related and has nothing to do with what we are talking about, it was pretty easy.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I'm going to go ahead and assume that it is Palutena. It's a woman with green hair in Pit's adventure mode. It isn't anybody else, is it? Also, I don't think they would bother putting a model for Palutena in the game purely for use in adventure mode, so I reckon she'll be somewhere else, also. I don't see her as AT meterial, so I'm left with two other assumptions.

1. She's playable. In my opinion Kid Icarus isn't important enough these days to warrant another character other than Pit. However, if she is playable, this strengthens my opinion that Nintendo may be dabbling in the idea of a sequel or remake of Kid Icarus on the Wii.

2. She's Pit's final smash. Basically, he summons her to do some damage to his foes with some godlike powers, or whatever.

Personally, I'd prefer her to be playable. Also, I want to see a sequel or remake of Kid Icarus on the Wii. Does anybody else have any other ideas as to why she would be in the game, that I haven't outlined here?

PS. Stay on topic, people, if you want to talk about Pit, do it in the Pit thread (should there be one... I assume there is).

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I guessed it was her, I'd rather she was an NPC or she AND T EPW were playable

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that she just makes a cameo in one of the cut scenes in Adventure Mode, and that might be the case, but I think that there's a decent chance she could be a playable character.

I'm sure that they will come up with a few characters no one thought of. Palutena falls into that category, I don't think anyone's mentioned her. And she's some kind of goddess or something, so I'm sure they could think of moves for her.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
She'll most likely be a NPC... which sucks, since they already have the character model for her.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If they plan on reviving the Kid Icarus series on Wii, then there's a pretty good chance she could be playable.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
they didnt even put Samurai goroh in this. the second most important character in F zero. so why would they put her. if she got in i wouldnt mind but i dont see her getting in just because Pit has been updated. of course they are gonna update her look just like they did with Pit because they are such old characters and to make them more recent. Sakurai said many characters will be featured throught the adventure mode. I certainly dont think all of them will be playble.

once again just because she has potential as a possible fighter doesnt mean she's going to make the cut. if in Wario's cutscene they show Waluigi is he going to be playable? he's appeared in more games than Paulutena and I dont even see him gettin in other than being an AT. by the logic your going by then Waliugi and many other minor characters should be in brawl and we all know that's not gonna happen. I dont hate the girl I just dont see her playble.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
RyuDragonKing
First, she's a goddess. If they put in an allpowerful goddess, there'd be no point in playing other characters.
Raiden is a god, and he's still in Mortal Kombat. You can kill him too. Video games don't have to make sense.

RyuDragonKing
Second, shes been in two games, both of which involved her being kidnapped and sending Pit weapons.
I like how your first objection is that she would be way too powerful, and then you contradict yourself by saying how helpless she'd be.

She's the Goddess of Light. How hard can it be to make up moves for her?

RyuDragonKing
Lastly, it'd be impossible to make a moveset out of her
No, it wouldn't.

RyuDragonKing
Zelda already has the magic user position taken up.
She doesn't use magic. She's a goddess, not a sorceress(I sound like some Dungeons and Dragons nerd). I picture Palutena using light attacks the way Pikachu uses electric attacks. I don't think of Pikachu as magic.

RyuDragonKing
Even if they nerfed Palutena to be a regular fighter, she'd be a carbon copy of Zelda, minus Shiek.
What are you basing that on?

RyuDragonKing
You wanna know what my point is for Palutena only sending weapons...? That's just it; If all she can do in the games is send weapons and get captured, think of how much fun she'll be as a fighter!
All Captain Falcon could do was drive a car. All Dr. Mario could do was nothing.

RyuDragonKing
Moveset: Post a good moveset for her and we'll debate this.
Why does anybody need to post a move set? We're not making the game, we don't have to make move sets.

RyuDragonKing
It's not that Zelda has it taken up, just that it'd be impossible to make a moveset for a magic user who doesnt do anything. And I'm guessing the sigh is because you can't think of a good argument?
No, the sigh is probably because you're to unable to comprehend anything remotely intelligent.

VagrantWade
Pit is her servant. That would make it kind of dumb to see them fighting against or together in brawl.
Yeah, that would be like Mario and Peach fighting each other. Or Link and Zelda fighting each other. That couldn't possibly happen in a Smash Bros. game.

I'm skipping most of the things people have said, because it's mostly people repeating themselves or others...

VagrantWade
Storyline character = character who is not playable but there for story.

Which is all she will be. They need to have some sort of a back story for each characters single player.
So I guess Peach is just a storyline character too. All we've seen of her so far is an appearance in the story mode cut scenes.

RyuDragonKing
How would they make a moveset for a girl whos powers dont allow her to fight?
You make her fight anyway. Nothing about Super Smash Bros. makes sense any how, so what's the difference?

And isn't the storyline of Brawl that all the characters are brought to "this world" and forced to fight each other? So maybe she has no choice.

Or maybe she's just really PO'd that she hasn't been in a game in like 20 years and she want to kick some a#$.

RyuDragonKing
The reason I said make a moveset is so I can see what kind of moves you imagine for her. What she'll be able to do, and stuff like that.
She uses light based elemental attacks. There you go.

SFan414
RyuDragonKing has a point. How can they make a non-fighting character into a playable?
You're right. That would take some kind of magic. And they can't use magic, because Zelda has it taken up.

vanityangel
Ok I've changed the title of this thread, so if you don't have supportive views about Palutena for Brawl, don't bother posting.
I'm pretty sure you can't ban people from your thread for disagreeing with you.

RyuDragonKing
Edit: Ok, Vanity. Adios.
Well, maybe you can...

Chibirobo
Yeah,but you guys have been debating so much over this,and didn't see her face! I think it's kind of ridiciuoloius(sorry,I don't have spell check right now) to argue over an arm and dress,that's all.
There are like a hundred topics arguing about characters that we haven't seen anything of yet.

tstumo
they didnt even put Samurai goroh in this. the second most important character in F zero.
Samurai Goroh sucks, and so does F-Zero.

tstumo
o why would they put her.
She's better than Samurai Goroh.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I stopped reading your post after you stated Peach was never a playable character...

Pretty much sums up your knowledge of video game characters.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I didn't mean that literally. I was saying that saying "Palutena is just a story mode character because all it shows of her is in story mode" is as stupid as saying the same thing about Peach.

You knew what I meant. You can't possibly be that dumb, can you? That's just a cop out because you know you have absolutely nothing to say. I made every argument you said look stupid.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I didn't mean that literally. I was saying that saying "Palutena is just a story mode character because all it shows of her is in story mode" is as stupid as saying the same thing about Peach.

You knew what I meant. You can't possibly be that dumb, can you? That's just a cop out because you know you have absolutely nothing to say. I made every argument you said look stupid.
I'm pretty sure the only thing you made look stupid...was you :(.

Peach isn't just a story mode character. She has been playable since Super Mario Bros 2. Palutena on the other hand was never playable. Rightfully so seeing as how she does not fight, period.

And did you just compare Mario and Peace...to Kid Icarus...a servant...to Palutena a goddess whom Pit faithfully serves?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'd love to see her as a playable character, didn't Sakurai mention that he wants more female characters? Palutena's model is already in the game, and I think she could have an interesting moveset based on light, her shield and her staff. Too bad it'll most likely not happen.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I'd love to see her as a playable character, didn't Sakurai mention that he wants more female characters? Palutena's model is already in the game, and I think she could have an interesting moveset based on light, her shield and her staff. Too bad it'll most likely not happen.
Her model is in the game? Do you know something we don't??!?!?

That was a cinematic screen, no models were shown. And PALUTENA DOES NOT FIGHT. I do not understand why this is not getting through to people. She is a Goddess who is factually stated, does not fight. 100% Pacifist.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Let's see...

- Peach: Princess
- Zelda: Princess
- Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers? >_<
- Mario: Plumber
- Luigi: Plumber
- Dr. Mario: Doctor

Well, I guess you get the point, they COULD make a moveset for Palutena, fighter or not (I mean, Peach uses turnips, a frying pan, a golf club and a tennis racket to fight). She has a shield and a staff, it would not be that hard. Please have in my mind that I'm just stating my opinion, I'm in no way saying that yours is wrong.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
How do the other characters plan on fighting a Goddess? They won't even being able to physically touch her let alone harm her. Transparent for a reason.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
VagrantWade
Peach isn't just a story mode character.
I know... For the third time, IT WAS SARCASM!!!

VagrantWade
Palutena on the other hand was never playable.
Neither was Ganondorf before Melee.

VagrantWade
And did you just compare Mario and Peace...to Kid Icarus...a servant...to Palutena a goddess whom Pit faithfully serves?
Yes.

VagrantWade
Her model is in the game?
Yes.

VagrantWade
Do you know something we don't??!?!?
I'm sure most people know a lot of things you don't.

VagrantWade
That was a cinematic screen, no models were shown.
How do you think they put that image of her in the video? Do you think that they got the real Palutena to come in and shoot that video? I'm seriously asking, because based on some of the other things you've said I wouldn't be surprised if you really believed that.

VagrantWade
And PALUTENA DOES NOT FIGHT. I do not understand why this is not getting through to people. She is a Goddess who is factually stated, does not fight. 100% Pacifist.
I already responded to that. And you completely ignored it, like you have ignored everything else you don't have a come back to.

Stop repeating this same stupid argument if you're not going to acknowledge any body's counter argument.

VagrantWade
How do the other characters plan on fighting a Goddess? They won't even being able to physically touch her let alone harm her. Transparent for a reason.
Raiden is a god in Mortal Kombat, and the other characters can hurt him. They can even kill him. Johnny Cage is an actor, and he can rip Raiden in half. In Mortal Kombat Deception, Bo Rai Cho can kill Raiden by farting on him. Raiden even has the ability to fly, and yet you can kill him by knocking him off of a cliff. Video games don't have to make sense.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
you guys are really ridiculous. A Pit fan is saying she wont be in. not some random hater. havent Sakurai stated there will be non playble characters in adventure mode. if you didnt see her in that one **** screenshot would you have even made this thread? it really makes no sense arguing because all of you Paulutena fan boys will keep making the same dumb points over and over until she becomes decomfirmed. I'm 100% fine seeing you get your hopes up just like the Deoxys and animal crossing people because it just makesme laugh. so I hope we see another cutscene that has Daisy, Toadette,birdo pauline and a bunch of random fire emblem girls. so we can see a plethora of "Daisy is sooo gonna be in brawl" threads. all because she was in a cutscene. just because she can have a moveset doesnt mean she will. your logic is soooo dumb. sometimes i wonder.

Fawriel

Smash Master

Palutena's too big to be in Brawl.

...sorry, I've always wanted to say that.

She's pretty. =o
Very fitting role for her, too.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I love how all these people who don't know **** about Kid Icarus tried to actually argue for her as playable.
exactly I was saying the same thing. well we dont have to hear anything about it anymore. now only if there was an update that would 100% deconfirm an Animal crossing character.
*sigh*

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
First of all, I never once said that she would be in. I didn't expect her to be. All I said was that she could have been playable, and I stand by that. The fact that they chose not to make her playable doesn't make anybody stupid for thinking she had a chance of being playable.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
First of all, I never once said that she would be in. I didn't expect her to be. All I said was that she could have been playable, and I stand by that. The fact that they chose not to make her playable doesn't make anybody stupid for thinking she had a chance of being playable.
Everything about her character meant that she couldn't be playable.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Everything about her character meant that she couldn't be playable.
I would imagine her like Zelda. So why don't they take Zelda/Peach/GAW? Anything is possible...I bet noone though that there would be an Animal Crossing stage either. People need to accept that Sakurai can put in whatever the **** he wants. She could (have) been a Zelda clone...

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
=]

nobody else from kid icurus will make it.
thats like back in 2001 people begging 4 another character to represent earthbound.
kid icurus is old. i believe they put pit in 4 two reasons.
1= to boost the wii virtual console, by a million people buying the original .
2= they might have a new kid icurus 4 the wii, that will be shown sometime next spring.

idk or care. pit will suck.
wario owns

Salaad

Smash Ace
nobody else from kid icurus will make it.
thats like back in 2001 people begging 4 another character to represent earthbound.
kid icurus is old. i believe they put pit in 4 two reasons.
1= to boost the wii virtual comole, by a million people buying the original .
2= they might have a new kid icurus 4 the wii, that will be shown sometime next spring.

idk or care. pit will suck.
wario owns

That's true..there is a VERY good chance of a Kid Icarus game..Now I just have to find which interview that was..

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
That's true..there is a VERY good chance of a Kid Icarus game..Now I just have to find which interview that was..

think about it?
why is pit here??
it just feels like roy and marth to me... ... (putting characters in just to increase there future games sales)

so its obvious theres gonna be a new pit featured wii or ds game
we dont need an interview.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Zelda wasn't an intangible goddess who was a pacifist. Nor was she master of another character in the game.

I fail to see the comparison.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
think about it?
why is pit here??
it just feels like roy and marth to me... ... (putting characters in just to increase there future games sales)

so its obvious theres gonna be a new pit featured wii or ds game
we dont need an interview.
Maybe, but where is the new Ice Climbers game?

I think it's just that Sakurai loves retro characters. A new Kid Icarus game would be good, though. I'd love to play one. My NES doesn't work anymore and I don't have a Wii so I'm pretty much screwed at the moment. XD

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Ft. Lauderdale FL by day, Homestead FL by night
Zelda wasn't an intangible goddess who was a pacifist. Nor was she master of another character in the game.

I fail to see the comparison.
Since when does the physics or personality of a charater in their game of origin have any say in the likelihood of said character making it into Smash?

What I was pointing out was that there was little to base a moveset for Zelda from what we knew about her in Ocarina of Time, in fact 3 of her B moves had nothing to do with her character in the game, so they obviously used alot of creative license to make her playable.

The fact that Palutena is a Goddess means nothing in Smash. She appeared in a human form in Kid Icarus so she would appear in that form as a playable character.

If Zelda and Mewtwo had all of their powers from their respective games they'd be some of the strongest characters in the roster.

Plus, Zelda wouldnt fight much either, she'd make Link do it (atleast OoT Zelda would).

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
Maybe, but where is the new Ice Climbers game?

I think it's just that Sakurai loves retro characters. A new Kid Icarus game would be good, though. I'd love to play one. My NES doesn't work anymore and I don't have a Wii so I'm pretty much screwed at the moment. XD

ice climbers apearences after melee:

Ice Climber (Nintendo 64) 2001 (found within Animal Forest)
Ice Climber-e (e-Reader) 2002
Ice Climber (Nintendo GameCube) 2002 (found within Animal Crossing)
Ice Climber (Game Boy Advance) 2004 (Classic NES Series)
Ice Climber (Wii) 2007 (Virtual Console)

ice climbers werent a favorite or that many peoples main.
ice climbers probobly wont be in brawl.

but pit is getting a lot of attention.
thats why there will b pit again in the near future

ya but he does like retro characters. this gives games there respect.
so w.e

Top Bottom