• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena Support Thread

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
ice climbers apearences after melee:

Ice Climber (Nintendo 64) 2001 (found within Animal Forest)
Ice Climber-e (e-Reader) 2002
Ice Climber (Nintendo GameCube) 2002 (found within Animal Crossing)
Ice Climber (Game Boy Advance) 2004 (Classic NES Series)
Ice Climber (Wii) 2007 (Virtual Console)

ice climbers werent a favorite or that many peoples main.
ice climbers probobly wont be in brawl.

but pit is getting a lot of attention.
thats why there will b pit again in the near future
But you're stating Kid Icarus will get a whole new game. Not saying that it won't happen, but the Ice Climber's are an example of it not happening. Sakurai loves retro characters as I said.

Give me one good reason why Ice Climber's won't be in Brawl, BTW. They have a unique moveset and brought a whole new concept: Duo's. Why remove them? They're unique.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Miyamoto allegedly said something about "The Eggplant Wizard returning".
And since he won't be a playable character in Brawl ( please don't say he will ), that hints at a new game.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Since when does the physics or personality of a charater in their game of origin have any say in the likelihood of said character making it into Smash?

What I was pointing out was that there was little to base a moveset for Zelda from what we knew about her in Ocarina of Time, in fact 3 of her B moves had nothing to do with her character in the game, so they obviously used alot of creative license to make her playable.

The fact that Palutena is a Goddess means nothing in Smash. She appeared in a human form in Kid Icarus so she would appear in that form as a playable character.

If Zelda and Mewtwo had all of their powers from their respective games they'd be some of the strongest characters in the roster.

Plus, Zelda wouldnt fight much either, she'd make Link do it (atleast OoT Zelda would).
Sorry but all I read was "blah blah blah I apologize"

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
But you're stating Kid Icarus will get a whole new game. Not saying that it won't happen, but the Ice Climber's are an example of it not happening. Sakurai loves retro characters as I said.

Give me one good reason why Ice Climber's won't be in Brawl, BTW. They have a unique moveset and brought a whole new concept: Duo's. Why remove them? They're unique.

i just said they might give him a game because theres been a lot of speculation. plus Pit is like everyones new favorite character now yet half of pit supporters didnt even know who he was prior to e3 06.

but he will appear in games, maybe not his own.
just for a selling strategy.
but
pit sux wario owns.
and i bet warios Final Smash will be A super huge wario waft that waluigi jumps in and throws a lit match at =] atomic waft =]

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Zelda wasn't an intangible goddess who was a pacifist. Nor was she master of another character in the game.

I fail to see the comparison.
Just because the character didn't fight originally isn't grounds to deconfirm them as being playable. ANY character can make the transition from being something that isn't really Smash material into a viable character if Sakurai wants it.

But, when you're right, your right. Now please go deflate your ego.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Just because the character didn't fight originally isn't grounds to deconfirm them as being playable. ANY character can make the transition from being something that isn't really Smash material into a viable character if Sakurai wants it.

But, when you're right, your right. Now please go deflate your ego.
Plus she has a statue of herself in the background of pit's skyworld stage.

So basically we had plenty of hints that she would not be playable.

It was pretty ****ing obvious

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Ft. Lauderdale FL by day, Homestead FL by night
Sorry but all I read was "blah blah blah I apologize"
Sorry, guess I wasted my time.
My fault for assuming it'd be understood by someone like you.

For the record, I never said I thought she'd be in and I never argued she would be. I just said it would'nt be impossible. So no apology for you.

Unless you want me to apologize for making you sound like a mindless twit, in that case, still no apology for you.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i just said they might give him a game because theres been a lot of speculation. plus Pit is like everyones new favorite character now yet half of pit supporters didnt even know who he was prior to e3 06.

but he will appear in games, maybe not his own.
just for a selling strategy.
but
pit sux wario owns.
and i bet warios Final Smash will be A super huge wario waft that waluigi jumps in and throws a lit match at =] atomic waft =]
Fine, fine I understand.

and lol at the Wario Final Smash idea, that is the best way for Waluigi to appear in the game. XD

susu_atari

Smash Ace
So... what do we know about PitIcarus? I know he hijacked my thread once, to continue his war on other people's opinions. He likes sarcastic comments, and tends to rub it in people faces when he's right about something. He tends to state his opinions as facts, and tells people they're idiots to not share his opinions (sorry, I mean facts), so I reckon is safe to assume he's very competitive... probably violent, as well.
Also, if he lives in the US, then I guess he doesn't need to sleep... wait... didn't Sakurai once say "You can Brawl til dawn"?
I think all this is grounds to reasonably assume that PitIcarus is playable in Brawl.

Like, OMG.

ps. PitIcarus doesn't need an apology. He's an as*hole.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
So... what do we know about PitIcarus? I know he hijacked my thread once, to continue his war on other people's opinions. He likes sarcastic comments, and tends to rub it in people faces when he's right about something. He tends to state his opinions as facts, and tells people they're idiots to not share his opinions (sorry, I mean facts), so I reckon is safe to assume he's very competitive... probably violent, as well.
Also, if he lives in the US, then I guess he doesn't need to sleep... wait... didn't Sakurai once say "You can Brawl til dawn"?
I think all this is grounds to reasonably assume that PitIcarus is playable in Brawl.

Like, OMG.

ps. PitIcarus doesn't need an apology. He's an as*hole.
Seems pretty accurate.

But you failed to mention the reason why you keep making whine posts about me is because I pointed out in that thread I apparently hijacked that the thread belonged in a different section of the forums and you flew off the handle because your obvious insecurities made you feel embarrassed to some degree.

Way to stay on topic by the way.

Yay brawl!

VA

Smash Hero
So yes, I suppose now we know that Palutena is NOT playable.

However this does raise the question of the figure in the screenshot from last friday. I'd hazard a guess at Medusa...

Fawriel

Smash Master
However!
Upon closer inspection, his emblem is that of the Mushroom Kingdom ( see lower left ) instead of the bow from Kid Icarus...
And his color is yellow...

He must be an AT!
So yes, I suppose now we know that Palutena is NOT playable.

However this does raise the question of the figure in the screenshot from last friday. I'd hazard a guess at Medusa...
Uhm... that's the same person. Just transparent and with more shinies. The clothes and hairstyle and everything are the same.

VA

Smash Hero
OH! I guess I mis-understood. I only read about her on wiki and blahh well yeh it didn't say they were the same person, just two different gods. Well it makes sense then that it is Medusa :p

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's too bad, but Palutena's was just confirmed to be a part of Pit's Final Smash. So unfortunately, we won't see Palutena as a playable character.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I can hear it already... "Hey look guys, Palutena's being owned by her own army send by a larger version of her!"
Well it was already lame before this. Pit's attack is called PALUTENA arrow. And a giant Palutena statue is in the background of sky world.

But no, people still thought she had a chance.

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
Well, I agree she's certainly not likely to be playable, but... man. After seeing Pit's Final Smash, I'd vote for her. She's one fine goddess. :grin:

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else realize that the golden woman in the picture, isn't Paulenta?

Compared to...

The Golden woman has blond hair, Paulenta has Green. Also the Golden woman has a sleeve that connects to some spikey ornament on her left arm, Paulenta has a buckler and no sleeve, even on the other arm she only has a wrist band and arm band, no sleeve, no hand guard.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...Paulenta. Haha.

It's the same person.
In one image, she's transparent and shiny. Notice how the "blond" hair is still green-ish. It's the lighting that makes it seem more yellow in that image.
The buckler is simply not there because she's currently not commanding her army. The "sleeve" is a "wristband"or something like it in both images, it's the same one, you just can't see the spikey thingy because it's behind her arm in the summoning screenshot. The hair-style is the same. The dress is the same. It's the same person.

Vali

Smash Ace
They're both obviously Paulenta. Only a fool would think that it wasn't Paulenta. Paulenta is definitely the figure shown in both images.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Why are people insisting that the woman in the SE update isn't Palutena? The hair is still green, not blonde, it's only lighter because it's shining hologram of her, but it's blatantly green. Not to mention that their clothes are almost practically the same, and minor differences can be attributed to the fact that she's in battle mode in the FS pic.

And honestly, who else would Pit be talking to in that scene? He's Paluntena's servant and as far as I know, there's no one close to looking similar to her.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Look at the end of the sleeve, its a hand guard, you can see the hand of that arm in the Paulenta picture, its not there. Then again, I could just be paranoid.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Maybe she took it off when she put the buckler on, I can't imagine it being practical to wield it while wearing it. Still doesn't change the fact that every other article of her clothing is exactly the same in both pics.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
It's obviously her in both pictures. I don't know why people can't see it.

Quite a cool final smash, though.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Seems pretty accurate.

But you failed to mention the reason why you keep making whine posts about me is because I pointed out in that thread I apparently hijacked that the thread belonged in a different section of the forums and you flew off the handle because your obvious insecurities made you feel embarrassed to some degree.

Way to stay on topic by the way.

Yay brawl!
Sorry but all I read was "blah blah blah I won't back down despite being the most arrogant person on SWF"

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually more impressed with Palutena's design than I am with the attack itself.

I wonder if Pit actually talks when he uses this attack.

something like "HELP MEEEE!!!"

lol :D
No, if Pit says anything to summon her it needs to be, "Uh-huhuhuhuhuh... Come to Pit."

Top Bottom