• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pakfest 2009 June 13th SUCCESS!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
PAKMAN Presents a TSA/Minibosses' Melee Smashfest

Entry Fee for Smashfest: Give Pakman a high five

Where:
PAKMAN'S NEW HOUSE!!!!!
710 Summer St.
Media, PA 19063

When:
Saturday June 13th

Phone:484-437-5333

WE NEED SETUPS!!!

Directions for those without a GPS and who dislike mapquest and google maps:
  • Public Transportation from Philly: You can take the R3 Media/Elwyn Regional Rail to Media. It is a decent hike from there so call me and I will get someone to pick you up. Note: there is an R3 West Trenton rail as well. Don't get on that one. www.septa.org has times.
  • TehSpammerer Friendly Public Transportation: For those who wish to save a dollar or two by having a significantly longer ride. You can take the Market St. Subway(Blue Line) to 69th street and get a transfer to the 101 Trolley. Take the Trolley to Providence Rd. It is within walking distance but you are better off calling for a ride.
  • From 95: Take 95 to 476 N(476 starts at 95 so there is only one exit for 476 from 95). Take that to Exit 5 - RT1 Go through the first light and make the next left onto rt 1. Take the first exit for State Rd and make a right onto State rd. Follow that down and the street right before the first light is Summer Street. It is right after the place called Generations.
  • From 76 and 476 (the West) - Take 76 to 476 S or just get on 476 S. Take it to exit 5 and make a right onto RT 1. Take the first exit for State Rd and make a right onto state rd. Follow that down and the street right before the first light is Summer Street.

Tournaments: By demand. We will probably have a doubles and singles event. More details to come.

I have 4 Tv's 1 cube 1 wii and 2 copies of smash.

I have a screened in porch which is going to be pretty sweet for a few set ups. I have a finished basement that can fit a bunch of set ups. I have a big backyard if the weather is nice, we can do outdoor smash. No upstairs though. My brother doesn't want anybody up there.

Food: There is a Wendy's, Wawa, Quiznos, McLuigi's and a bunch of pizza places. (yeah I stole your joke DJ.) If you desperately want Q'doba, BK or Chic-Fil-A, you can drive an extra 5 minutes to get to those places. That's right....Q'doba.

Features:
  1. You don't have to walk 1230987 blocks to get here after you park.
  2. I am working to get everyone's favorite SWF member, Arrogant, to make an appearance as well as Kandoken if he isn't busy.
  3. Lots of space.
  4. Central Air.
  5. I have a PS3 and will take Money Matches in Tekken 5 DR.
  6. About a 5 minute drive from the Wawa dairy. (How badass is that)

Update: 06/03/2009
Do you guys like this as a smashfest or should I make it a straight up tournament?

Basically what I am asking is would you rather have this be friendly centric or tourny centric.

Option 1: We have a tournament. $10 for singles $5 per person for Doubles. Seeding (if enough people show up, pools) and all that grood stuff.

Option 2: We have a fest. Informal $5 singles $5 per team Doubles. Mostly Random seeding (we will make a half-***** attempt to seed). Lots more friendlies. Money Matches.

Here are some other ideas I have been toying with.

Recording TV - Any two people(teams) can sign up and pay $0.25 each for a recorded match or $0.50 each for a Bo3 set. Sets are guaranteed to be put on my youtube, or have a link of the matches sent to your email so you can upload them. All money made goes toward food for everyone. (Tourny matches on the recording tv would be free of charge.)

Downstairs music and smash - I know a lot of people like to turn the music off smash and play to their own background music. I have a pretty decent speaker system in my basement that can hook up to any music player. Put your name on the list, and every half hour we pick a random smasher's name and play whatever they want from their laptop/mp3player/walkman/8track player.

Alukard

Smash Hero
noooooo

not the 13th =[[[[[

ima be in florida ARGHHHH ... i'm sooo sad

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
1. Pakman and the minibosses are a Melee crew that is mostly disinterested in Brawl.
2. It doesn't say "No Brawl" anywhere.
3. I don't go into Brawl smashfest/tourney threads saying "No Melee!? WTF!?!?!?!?" I'd appreciate it if brawl players would return the favor.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
melee players do this all the time :laugh:
well, I don't. I figure that people should have realized by now that brawl and melee communities are largely separate and that one game doesn't imply the other by any stretch of the imagination.

It's close and free. If all goes well I'll show up.
Not quite!

Entry Fee for Smashfest: Give Pakman a high five
Are you ready to pay this price?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't care if brawl is played, but I am more interested in drawing a Melee-centric crowd. I want this to be a sort of pre-genesis practice for the tristate melee scene.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I am having a ChuDatz Summer Melee TGIF Bi-Weekly this Friday, May 29th. People are welcome to spend the night Thursday for all night festage. Pakman, Scar, Cactuar? Mew2king is down here as well lolz. I think I can get Azen to come to this as well

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I am having a ChuDatz Summer Melee TGIF Bi-Weekly this Friday, May 29th. People are welcome to spend the night Thursday for all night festage. Pakman, Scar, Cactuar? Mew2king is down here as well lolz. I think I can get Azen to come to this as well
Oh man CHU. I can't make them on fridays. I work until 5 and wouldn't be able to get there until like after 8. I've been itching for an excuse to come to VA too.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I forgot to mention that the tournament on Friday starts at 6:30 PM instead of the usual times since many people have school and work. I can hold it off for u guys if u can make it! There will be a smashfest starting at 2:00 PM prior to the tournament as well if anyone is interested.

Ayy SurMa

Smash Cadet
I want too go, since noone is planning on showing up too my fest T_T aha

Anyone from Nj willing too give me a ride? ill give you money $ 15 -> $20 and chip in for gas! =D

Scar

#HarveyDent
chu your fests are my favorite, i cant go this weekend b/c theres a party for me graduating lol but next time i'm there

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
... :( So I got my dates mixed up, and I'll most likely be on my way to Martha's Vineyard as this is happening. I should just not post until I'm 100% sure about these things.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
As much as I would love to go to Mass Madness since I go to them all the time (pretty much to stack up on my old school games), I'm not missing this for anything. I'm definitely gonna quit life at this! Minibosses all day!

Top Bottom