• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pakfest 2009 June 13th SUCCESS!

soap

Smash Hero
this arrogant dude spams more gifs and **** than sliq

i think im coming to hang out at this and get my melee on

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Just realized this is the same weekend as Animenext lol. Can't make it yet again.
Out of all the conventions, why Animenext? Cuz its close?

You should go to Otakon in terms of fun, its more fun :bee:

Jfox/Eggm - Are you guys going to this? If so, can I hitch a ride with either one of you?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
YES. You have to come. Come with a full car!!! I have a good sized house. I would love to get a decent tournament out of this.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Out of all the conventions, why Animenext? Cuz its close?

You should go to Otakon in terms of fun, its more fun :bee:

?
I go to Otakon every year as well. I do go to Animenext cause it's close but also because it's a good convention for the money. Otakon is by far better but costs so much more in terms of hotel and such.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Hmmm I see....

Wait you go there every year? Did you go play at the game room last year? I saw btree, Chaosknight, and Blue there last year but I didn't see you :(.

Oh I heard thumbs was there too, but he was too busy losing to convention scrubs for me to notice, right thumbs?

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I played quite a bit of Melee last year in the game room. I even entered the Brawl FFA tourny just to be silly and see if I could get far being cheap and stalling with Jigglypuff. Unfortunately, I lost 2nd round cause my shield broke and I flew up and died instantly which I didn't even know could happen. My friend even told me he teamed with you for a bit in Melee and you tried to get him to go to local tournys lol. Then again, do you even know who I am? I'm barely known in the Smash community cause I go to tournies so rarely

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I recall seeing you a bit in a few no johns.

Since you are kinda quiet I don't remember you completely, I know you play jiggs LOL.

I had no idea your friend teamed with me LOL. I forgot who teamed with me except btree, since he was the only person who actually introduced himself or rather asked for who I was rather.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Yeah, my friend is a tall asian kid who barely says anything. And yeah, I do play Jiggs, though you could probably tell that from my avatar lol. Animenext is actually going to have a Melee tourny though, and the rules are almost identical to standard rules. Only thing they changed is you can't ban a stage in a set.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL speaking of Animenext I won their melee tourney with their garbage Best of 1, single elim rules I think 2 years ago?

Well at least it was best of 3 for grand finals.

Cuz I won 2-0 vs a ICz player in grand finals LOL.

So yea... go **** everyone.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Yeah, I remember you then. I ran that tournament actually. I made it as close to standard rules as I could. I had to make it single elimination, there was just too many people. Be thankful though, there were so many sign-ups that the video game head wanted the 1st round to be 2 min FFAs until I convinced him otherwise. Also, he wanted 2 rounds of FFA 4 stock, but I got it down to 1.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
lol, I was such a noob back then. I had just started to main Jiggs. I 3 stocked my FFA though. Then I 4 stocked some huge Mario noob on PS. Then I lost to some medicore Falcon player cause I wasn't used to someone who actually knew how to counter Jiggs lol. I'd **** that guy now. That was an annoying day for me though. Melee took like 5 hours and then I had to run Naruto GNT4 which ran another 3. I did get 3rd in Naruto GNT4 though.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh the best was some random guy told me he was Eggm.

Later I found out he was CLEARLY not Eggm LMFAO.

I wonder why he lied to me, its not like it made a difference.

Also some MA guy told me he was good vs fox cuz he played KDJ then got 3 stocked.

Weird.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think this year I'm going Falco until I feel threatened. I need to get more experience as him. Though the tournament is going to go until like 3 am since it's double elimination and standard sets so by like 1 or 2 I might be too tired to use him anyway lol.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hmmm I see....

Wait you go there every year? Did you go play at the game room last year? I saw btree, Chaosknight, and Blue there last year but I didn't see you :(.

Oh I heard thumbs was there too, but he was too busy losing to convention scrubs for me to notice, right thumbs?
LOL go **** yourself

Sensei

Smash Lord
I might go to this. <3 TSA and old friends (all homo)

I need a ride and stuff.

BTW, this pakfest is discriminatory against handless people of which to give no high fives.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
More than likely. Whether Pakman wants me to or not.

Then if he doesn't want me too... I guess I'll be sad :(
I don't want you to come. I REQUIRE THAT YOU COME. That's right Tec-oh, if you don't come Pakfest isn't happening. So pressure is on you sucka.

I might go to this. <3 TSA and old friends (all homo)

I need a ride and stuff.

BTW, this pakfest is discriminatory against handless people of which to give no high fives.
Sensei!!! you coming will make me the happiest person ever. (That's what she said.)

I can do an appendage stump pound for hand less people.

why does this thing reek of epic?
Mainly because that is the only stench that can come from an event so awesome, that it can draw Sensei out of NJ.

To Everyone: Do you guys like this as a smashfest or should I make it a straight up tournament?

Basically what I am asking is would you rather have this be friendly centric or tourny centric.

Option 1: We have a tournament. $10 for singles $5 per person for Doubles. Seeding (if enough people show up, pools) and all that grood stuff.

Option 2: We have a fest. Informal $5 singles $5 per team Doubles. Mostly Random seeding (we will make a half-***** attempt to seed). Lots more friendlies. Money Matches.

Here are some other ideas I have been toying with.

Recording TV - Any two people(teams) can sign up and pay $0.25 each for a recorded match or $0.50 each for a Bo3 set. Sets are guaranteed to be put on my youtube, or have a link of the matches sent to your email so you can upload them. All money made goes toward food for everyone. (Tourny matches on the recording tv would be free of charge.)

Downstairs music and smash - I know a lot of people like to turn the music off smash and play to their own background music. I have a pretty decent speaker system in my basement that can hook up to any music player. Put your name on the list, and every half hour we pick a random smasher's name and play whatever they want from their laptop/mp3player/walkman/8track player.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Option 1: We have a tournament. $10 for singles $5 per person for Doubles. Seeding (if enough people show up, pools) and all that grood stuff.

Option 2: We have a fest. Informal $5 singles $5 per team Doubles. Mostly Random seeding (we will make a half-***** attempt to seed). Lots more friendlies. Money Matches.

Here are some other ideas I have been toying with.

Recording TV - Any two people(teams) can sign up and pay $0.25 each for a recorded match or $0.50 each for a Bo3 set. Sets are guaranteed to be put on my youtube, or have a link of the matches sent to your email so you can upload them. All money made goes toward food for everyone. (Tourny matches on the recording tv would be free of charge.)

Downstairs music and smash - I know a lot of people like to turn the music off smash and play to their own background music. I have a pretty decent speaker system in my basement that can hook up to any music player. Put your name on the list, and every half hour we pick a random smasher's name and play whatever they want from their laptop/mp3player/walkman/8track player.
#2. The recording TV and music sounds good. Also, if anyone is passing through Philly on their way to Pakman's, I have a pair of televisions that I can bring.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
option 2

Sensei, I love you enough that I might be willing to drive to this and pick you up instead of taking the bus like I planned
I am definitely leaning toward option 2, but I kind of want to hold a smashpakolypse in the future. Maybe a few weeks after Genesis. Also, if you bring Sensei you have to pay the venue fee like 1238912367 times.

#2. The recording TV and music sounds good. Also, if anyone is passing through Philly on their way to Pakman's, I have a pair of televisions that I can bring.
Yeah that would really help a lot. I have two tv's that have no cubes or anything so if you have to take the train, see if you can grab a cube.

soap

Smash Hero
i'd prefer option 2. I wanna play everybody, and its easier to do that when there arent constant tourney matches happening.

music idea is sweet. *makes playlist*

Top Bottom