• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OzMafia: Mafia wins! - MSN Mafia tommorrow @ 9pm (Friday)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'll withhold my vote for the time being. Though my vote wouldn't really be necessary if a majority are already going "no lynch".

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If you guys can confirm 6 votes for a 'no lynch', I'll progress the game.

You can change your vote BEFORE a majority is reached, but you can't once the day ends OR a majority is reached (At which point, I'll end the day).

I'll try counting up the votes right now. lol.

EDIT: Alright guys, here's the deal with voting. To make things very clear for the moderator (me), you must format the casting of your vote as follows:

[VOTE: name]

This makes it easier to figure out if your vote is official or not. Rather than 'I'm gonna vote to lynch Caotic, but I'm not sure'.

So those of you who have cast votes need to do so again with the new format, makes things official and stuff.

okay ^_^

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
USE SQUARE BRACKETS

[stuff goes here]

GAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWD

Tan, Con and Leish don't have to, but in future. Just so there's absolutely no ambiguity (since most people wouldn't use square brackets when they have these lovely circle brackets AKA parenthesis to work with).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The day ends on tuesday night, you still have one more day to argue about what should happen, but I'll cycle the day through if you can come to an agreement tonight.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
With Luke's motion to hold off lynching anyone (or starving), the town has shown that it lacks the courage to agree to take a life. Night besets the small town, veiling it in a darkness in which the Mafia may operate with its fangs bared without fear of discovery. This night will see the spilling of the first blood, and undoubtedly see its residents cry for more.

It is now the night cycle, no more communication may take place in this thread. The mafia members must now make contact with each other either by PM or MSN/instant messenger of choice, and decide who to lynch.

Furthermore, after thinking it over, I'm going to start assigning basic roles after this night. This was the test run, but I think assigning roles should be okay. This is all new to me, so bear with me as I try to make this as enjoyable as I can.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
As a mere observer of this, theater of blood as it were, I regretfully, cannot alter the course of the events that transpire, but can merely narrate the happenings unfolding on the stage before.

To the esteemed Vyse

The Mafia have convened, and have debated at length about the unfortunate situation in the town. We have reached a decision.

Let the word go out. Tonight the Man in Tan dies.

The Mafia have spoken. There will be be blood.

Oh yes... lots of blood...

Yours sincerely,

X
Before the curtains closed on the first night of this play, this conflict would claim its first victim. Tanman, our poor, unknowing Tanman, killed just as he drew his curtains before bed. I will spare the sensibilities of the audience, and keep to myself the details of his gory demise, but the town first heard reports of his death in the morning.

There would be a call to action.

The town will now employ the services of one 'Cop' and one 'Doctor', in hopes to outlast these fiends. Yes, this play will see its plot thicken much more before this play is through.

The mafia has lynched Tanman, a townsperson

It is now Day 2: Daytime Cycle. I will shortly be assigning roles to two members. Time to get accusing!

EDIT:

The roles of 'Cop' and 'Doctor' have now been assigned.

Two important members of the town, the cop and the doctor, may be the town's only chance against the mafia. However, who they are is as of yet is known only to them.

I will now relate to you some important details about each role.

Cop

The function of the cop is to investigate members of the town. During the night time cycle, this person will inform me of whom they wish to investigate. I will then tell them if that person is a townie or a mafia member.

The problem?
Only the cop will know.

• The Cop cannot relate his role to anyone outside of this thread, per the normal rules
  • HOWEVER, the cop can reveal who they are at anytime in the thread (except during the night)
  • Any information the cop finds out can be posted in this thread
  • Any person playing the game can claim to be a cop

It is not so simple, the cop role. The cop can declare a person a townie or a mafia member, but in doing so, must reveal that they are a cop in the process, making them a target for lynching.

There is also the possibility of a mafia member claiming to be a cop as well, anybody can claim to be a cop or a doctor, speaking of which.

Doctor

The function of the doctor is to protect somebody during the night time. If whoever is lynched during the night time cycle, they are saved by the Doctor and do not die.

Same basic rules apply as with the cop except that in addition they cannot protect theirself.

To be clear, there is now one Cop and one Doctor

Splice

Smash Hero
They picked Tanman, someone who did nothing except "eeny meeny miney mo" on Arrow.
It doesnt really give us any substantial leads.

Poor Tanman.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
XP

((Permission to haunt Condog and say nothing else but he sucks over and over and over and over? Also, cross me off the list since I'm goneski.))

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dead man talking omg!

hmmm well all this really does is raise suspision on arrow, but I doubt its as simple as that, discuss/

Splice

Smash Hero
I think the Mafia killed someone that would give us no leads or a faulty lead at that.
I doubt it was Arrow. Although there was a time when Arrow was online the computer and this thread was getting lots of posts and he didnt post. But he has nothing to benefit from voting Tanman, its not like Tanman said "Arrow is Mafia because i think..." but he just did a random pick.

In conclusion it wasnt Arrow (IMO, of course) and we should Lynch someone this time.

Splice

Smash Hero
We should build up on the whole Cop thing.

As long as all the townspeople are trying to help us, we could get the person who is a cop to tell us he is a cop. That way, we will know who is the cop.

If the Mafia say they are cops too im sure we can use that to benefit us.
Also no townspeople who arent cops should say they are cops, that would be stupid, so it eliminates that problem. Unless like, we have stupid people. ???

anyway im tired.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'm starting to grow cautious on Splice and Condog's identity. Condog SHOULD have been the biggest target for last night's slaughter imo, with all of his smart theories and clever thinking. The fact that he wasn't, could be saying something. However his initial drive to want Splice out, has sort of changed my stance on what he is.

Now that Luke mention's it, Arrow seems like he could be hiding something. He isn't posting at all, the Tanman was the only person to vote for him to be lynched originally...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay, heres how it goes: cop reveals himself to us all, we all vote no lynch, the doc protects him, we find out who a person is innocent or guilty, the cop cant die, the doc is safe.

Get it? =D

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I'm gunna have to disagree wih you there Condog, I think we will be able to get a Mafia member from this.

And save the Cops Identity therefore the Doctor will be able to save who they think id in the most danger of getting murdered in thier sleep.

Splice

Smash Hero
Condog can you explain that more? I dont understand =S

How will we find out whose innocent/guilty?

What happens if the Doctor protects a Mafia Member posing as a Cop?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay, Cop says who they are. Doc takes note of this.
We all vote no lynch.
At night, the cop tests someone, the doc protects the cop.
Daytime, cop announces his discovery. Mafia cannot kill him.

If the mafia impersonates a cop, the real one just needs to come forth. Then, we trust neither =D
Doc does not reveal himself. Very stupid move if he does.

Splice

Smash Hero
Hmm but we'd need everyone to participate in discussion.
But i get what you saying. I hope this day goes for a long enough time for everyone to do stuff. I need real life sleep. :(

Oh wait one more thing. If the Mafia impersonates a cop, and the real one comes fourth, then the Mafia are going to know which one is the cop and kill him, giving us 50/50 that the doc protects the right Cop.
Its a tricky game, this.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Mm yeah, i didnt think of that. =S

Regardless, the cop is going to have to reveal himself eventually, if he wants to tell us who is guilty or innocent.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I think the best action would be for us to use our current knowledge to make an attempt at ridding ourselves of a mafia member during this day. If we mess it up, the cop who shouldn't reveal their identity, can make it up to us on the next day by revealing what they know.

Probably a hell of a lot of flaws with my suggestions though. Don't want to accidentally kill off the doc or the cop. lol

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Well lets look at this

Condog Participating
Splice Participating
xXArrowXx Yet to Participate at all
I LAG Participated before Murder
Afropony Participated before Murder
Tanman
LeishaChu Participated before Murder
luke_atyeo Participating
planetstereo Partcipated before Murder
Siyro Participating
Meteor Master Participating

I have my suspicions, but I'm gunna wait for tomorrow where more people will get a chance to speak there mind.

Splice

Smash Hero
Maybe a fake cop could benefit us?
Having a cop means we cant afford to vote without losing them.

Hey! Cop! Dont act suspicious, ok?

On the flipside, we didnt originally have a Cop, so we'd only be going back to square one.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the cop thing is dangerous, on one hand if the real cop reveals himself he's dead and we lose a cop.
however with clever thinking we could have someone who isnt a cop pose as a cop and if he dies we could deduce the mafias identity from that, although the setup would be difficult, espcially since I just pointed it out... if only we had L

imo the next game of mafia we play should be deathnote themed.

Top Bottom