• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OzMafia: Mafia wins! - MSN Mafia tommorrow @ 9pm (Friday)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
hmmmm, who do i vote... oh the decisions, i think ill probably just pick someone at random since theres really no evidence atm... splice seems to be into voting off conor atm so i vote him..

Splice

Smash Hero
ZOMG WTF.

Connor voted for me :(
Leisha voted for me :(
Things like this can make a townsperson very sad.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah i just said condog was evil, i didnt really mean anything by it.
Fair enough assumption.

Although Condog did turn out to be evil. So maybe.
You said i was evil during a time when we have to kill someone evil.....

HRRRRRMMMMMM

Splice

Smash Hero
hmmmm, who do i vote... oh the decisions, i think ill probably just pick someone at random since theres really no evidence atm... splice seems to be into voting off conor atm so i vote him..
Fair enough connor, but why would leish want to vote me off because i voted you off?
Because perhaps she doesnt want her fellow Mafia to be killed? HUH?

Pretty suspicious if you ask me.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Fair enough connor, but why would leish want to vote me off because i voted you off?
Because perhaps she doesnt want her fellow Mafia to be killed? HUH?

Pretty suspicious if you ask me.
..or because she doesnt want her fellow townsman to be killed?

See im not the only one who can address mysefl as townperson to get everyone on my side. I saw what you did there. Suspicious.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Don't be afraid about posting too much by the way. Remember, this room doesn't increase post count. It's a social room and should be used as such. Just don't post your sig, and tryyyyy not to double post (here and there is okay, but really, try to avoid it if possible).

This looks like it's gonna be a good game.
I'll be looking forward to seeing how it's going in the morning.

PS: 6 votes will see the first lynching occur.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
People labelling themselves townpeople are just asking for themselves to be accused.

On a lighter note, we'd all be safe if we took the easy way out and just voted I LAG for the lulz. Then we can leave the serious stuff for another day. :D

Splice

Smash Hero
If she was a Mafia person, then she would vote for someone who voted of her fellow Mafia person,
And likely, both Mafia people would vote of the same person, for it to be more effective.

If she was a townsperson she wouldnt know you were a townsperson and would be foolish
in just voting someone off because they voted for someone else.

Thats like me voting Tanman off for voting Arrow off. Its nonsensical.

Also just to clarify i havent voted yet, Im just leaning towards connor.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If she was a Mafia person, then she would vote for someone who voted of her fellow Mafia person,
And likely, both Mafia people would vote of the same person, for it to be more effective.

If she was a townsperson she wouldnt know you were a townsperson and would be foolish
in just voting someone off because they voted for someone else.

Thats like me voting Tanman off for voting Arrow off. Its nonsensical.

Also just to clarify i havent voted yet, Im just leaning towards connor.
If you like arrow more than tanman, why not vote for him? xDD

Splice

Smash Hero
If you like arrow more than tanman, why not vote for him? xDD
Because voting for the person that voted for the person you like isnt going to save the person you like, Plus my point still remains as a valid (and likely) scenario.

While it is obvious that there are many other reasons/possibilities why you and leish could have both voted me, with Leish voting because she 'likes' you,
Your suspicious movements still stand, and make you the most liable Mafia person at this point.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Because voting for the person that voted for the person you like isnt going to save the person you like, Plus my point still remains as a valid (and likely) scenario.

While it is obvious that there are many other reasons/possibilities why you and leish could have both voted me, with Leish voting because she 'likes' you,
Your suspicious movements still stand, and make you the most liable Mafia person at this point.
Dude your acting just as suspicious as i am. LOLLOLOL

Splice

Smash Hero
Im not acting as suspicious as you.
All i did was say something that would trigger some discussion (hence i didnt even vote for you)

And now you SEEM to being working with Leisha.
Which is properly suspicious. So im pointing it out. *shrugs*

Yah we can just not have enough votes i think. Are we allowed to not vote?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Im not acting as suspicious as you.
All i did was say something that would trigger some discussion (hence i didnt even vote for you)

And now you SEEM to being working with Leisha.
Which is properly suspicious. So im pointing it out. *shrugs*

Yah we can just not have enough votes i think. Are we allowed to not vote?
I think we have to vote, but if there is not a majority, no one is lynched. Which would prolly be better at this point.

Also, i think you can vote 'No Lynch', iirc.

Splice

Smash Hero
I think we have to vote, but if there is not a majority, no one is lynched. Which would prolly be better at this point.

Also, i think you can vote 'No Lynch', iirc.
Well Since Vyse isnt here we dont know for sure.
Anyway, as it seems like we dont even have enough players right now to vote enough to lynch someone, Im just going to withold my vote as well and say Goodnight to you.

Here I go.

Goodnight Connor.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Now accepting bribes. jk :laugh:
would a good innocent townspeople be the sort of person to dip into the shady underworld of bribing? I think not! therefore I cast suspicion on you!

also condog did a triple post! thats pretty shady if you ask me

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
opps I put my sig on by quoting, my bad, I'd edit it out but no editing allowed

I LAG

Smash Lord
hmmmm it seems connor and Leisha are working together
as i think splice said conner is just an evil guy you would expect to be in the mafia
and Leisha being so innocent no one would expect her to be in the mafia
i dont know if i should vote for connor or Leisha
i might vote for connor coz if i vote for leisha meteor will vote for me and then the mafia would pound on me and that would probably be the majority.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I think Meteor already wanted to vote for you lol. I don't think it you're in the mafia because I think Vyse knows that everyone would be like "Hey, let's vote out Ilag because we can!" and if you were a mafia person then there would only be one mafia member left at the end.

I think I'll vote for Arrow along with Tanman but I'm not sure yet.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
I think Meteor already wanted to vote for you lol. I don't think it you're in the mafia because I think Vyse knows that everyone would be like "Hey, let's vote out Ilag because we can!" and if you were a mafia person then there would only be one mafia member left at the end.
Hello guys,

Pony is on to something, we have to do three things at this point in the game.

Think like a prospective mafia person

think like vyse and how he would distribute titles for the lols

and maybe consider things like, would a last minute add-in to the game be a mafia dude.

Personally, if I was a mafia I wouldn't post at all on the first day and then wait to get the vibe of what ppl are saying and pick my posts. Its because people are always "out of sight of mind" with this stuff. Every vote has been on someone that has been posting hugely. Which is exactly what they want. The mafia havent confered with each other yet so at least at this stage they are all free agents.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Two things:

1. If you post your sig accidentally, that's okay, just don't make a double post to apologise for it xD

2. You can vote 'no lynch' if you want

C~Dog

Smash Champion
hmmmm it seems connor and Leisha are working together
as i think splice said conner is just an evil guy you would expect to be in the mafia
and Leisha being so innocent no one would expect her to be in the mafia
i dont know if i should vote for connor or Leisha
i might vote for connor coz if i vote for leisha meteor will vote for me and then the mafia would pound on me and that would probably be the majority.
Im going to vote for you because you spelt my name wrong so many times in one post.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Also, your logic is ********. You say im 'evil' and so i must be in the mafia, yet straight away you say that leish is 'innocent' and thus no one would expect her to be in the mafia. Thats just picking our current activity and saying 'and thats why you would expect them to be in the mafia'. That is flawed lgoic, you could do that for the behaviour of everyone who has posted so far. And if they havent, well, then they are obviously waiting and are thus mafia. @_O

Look, here i can prove that everyone playing is in the mafia:
* Condog: Is evil and thus is in the mafia.
* Splice: Is jumping to conclusions in a vindictive manner, and is thus in the mafia.
* xXArrowXx: Hasnt posted, because he is waiting to analyse peoples behaviour and for the perfect chance to strike, and is thus in the mafia.
* I LAG: Uses incredibly shoddy logic as the basis for a lynch, and is thus in the mafia.
* Afropony: Wants to vote for arrow just cos he can, using Tanmans random vote as the chance to get rid of a townie, and is thus ion the mafia.
* Tanman: Is saying that there is nothing to go on at this point, and is voting for someone under that facade of a random choise, and is thus in the mafia.
* LeishaChu: Is innocent and so no one would expect her to be evil, and is thus in the mafia.
* luke_atyeo: Casting suspicion as a joke in an attempt to seem lighthearted, trying to lure everyone into a false sense of security, and is thus in the mafia.
* planetstereo: Using logic to try and determine who the mafia, casting suspicion from himself, and is thus inthe mafia.
* Siyro: Stands on the sidelines not contributing anything, waiting his time to strike, and is thus mafia.
* Meteor Master: Wants to vote for ilag for luls as the easy way to choose, yet if he were a townie, he would want as many people alive, and would go for no lynch as the easy choice, and is thus in the mafia.

AND THUS WE ARE ALL IN THE MAFIA!!1!!ONE GASP!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've decided that to keep the ball rolling, if there is no majority vote by Tuesday at 10pm, a no lynch will occur and it will turn to night. In future, it'll be 48 hour turns, but I'm just letting people get the message that this has started, etc.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
*Condog: Well arn't you evil?
*Spice: We know its you :p
*xXArrowXx: Poor guy....
*I Lag: We all knew Lag has Shoddy logic, whats your point, its not his fault.
*Afropony: Like the Saddle Club much, yes?
*Tanman: I'll work out the probability distributions for your voting later.....
*LeishaChu: Is a girl, Thus MAFIA Q.E.D.
*Luke: Is in Canberra, what sort of criminal ever comes out of Canberra....lol
*The Great Stereo: Has worked out who everyone is already and is just messing with you'll, i.e. is obviously too smart for his own good and will be dead by sunrise. Too bad he isnt as good at smash;)
*Siyro: mmmmmnnnnn. yessssss. But how does that make you feel???
*Meteor: Well I would too, but if he is on the mafia then it would be better for us all....

AND THUS WE ARE ALL STUPID!!1!!ONE GASP!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
If I LAG is in the mafia it would be better for us all to vote him. Unless you're talking from a mafia point of view.

But lol honestly, I doubt he is mafia. Someone of his level of intelligence would have giventhemselves away by now. =/

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
My random methods was a half asleep eeny meeny miny mo, and then ibble bobble black bobble. (Also half asleep. =_=)

Well, my vote is still standing. Even if he IS a townie, the fact he hasn't contributed at all makes him unreliable to count on for a vote at a later time. If He's Mafia, well, ain't that a lucky guess on my part?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If I LAG is in the mafia it would be better for us all to vote him. Unless you're talking from a mafia point of view.

But lol honestly, I doubt he is mafia. Someone of his level of intelligence would have giventhemselves away by now. =/
My random methods was a half asleep eeny meeny miny mo, and then ibble bobble black bobble. (Also half asleep. =_=)

Well, my vote is still standing. Even if he IS a townie, the fact he hasn't contributed at all makes him unreliable to count on for a vote at a later time. If He's Mafia, well, ain't that a lucky guess on my part?
You people are insane. You are considering voting for a person to be lynched because they are either a) not contributing or b) possibly mafia. These are illogical because: a) you dont know why he isnt contributing (maybe he hasnt even been near a computer at this point), you dont know what hes thinking, maybe he is waiting on the sidelines to see if he can determine who is mafia by himself. you would vote to lynch someone who hasnt said anything; b) while it would definitely be right to lynch him if he was mafia, you dont know if he is yet. There is only a 1/11 chance that you would be correct, and if you aren't (which the odds dictate you almost certainly would be) you would have killed an townie for no good reason.

Both of these reasons are stupid enough in and of themselves, but then when you take into account that for the mafia to win, they need to kill the townies, if you vote for someone who isnt a mafia, if you arent 100% sure that they are Mafia, then if you are wrong, you have just helped the mafia take on step closer to their goal, because not only do they have one less person to kill (ergo, one less turn to succeed), they actually have one less person they have to actively fight against. Voting for someone just because they "might be mafia", or "havent contributed yet" are ludicrous decisions that are going to get everyone killed a whole lot sooner than they should be.

So, taking this into account, i say we all vote "NO LYNCH", because we cannot determine who is mafia at this point, and lynching someone will for the chance that they are mafia is an idiotic risk to take when odds are you will kill someone who is vital to the success of the townies. Someone is going to die tonight anyway, since they is going to be mafia alive regardless of whether you kill one or not, so rushing in and flailing wildly with a stick at this point is most definitely going to do more harm than good.

tl; dr: vote NO LYNCH if you have any shread of intellect

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Well, I had my doubts whether a lynching would occur anyway, 6 is ALOT of votes to collect. Very well Condog, you win this round, but if I die, I swear I'll haunt you. <.<

Vote Change to No Lynch.

Splice

Smash Hero
I dont know Condog.

No Lynch occuring today will just make the task slow down, without as taking a potshot at the Mafia.
Someone will still die during the Night time Mafia thingy anyway, depending on who it is we can get ideas who is the Mafia though, for example If someone pointed out their suspicious movements, the Mafia would kill that person, likely.

We have to figure something out today, and i say we should work out who people are likely to Lynch tonight, if they were Mafia, in our heads, so the next day we can all make a decision based on previous events, and hopefully everyone will come up with the same results to make a logical Lynch tomorrow (reffering to game time)

So yeah, Even though you saying "Lets not Lynch anyone, unless you have no intelligence" when you are the most suspicious at this point (Which is only day 1), Im going to have to agree with you.
I likely wont Lynch anyone, but i'll wait til Monday night, coz im tentative.

On another note, why is Afro voting for Arrow just because Tanman did? Why would he add votes to a random person on no basis?

I'm pretty much pointing out little suspicious stuff based on who people are voting for at this point.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
No Lynch occuring today will just make the task slow down, without as taking a potshot at the Mafia.
Someone will still die during the Night time Mafia thingy anyway, depending on who it is we can get ideas who is the Mafia though, for example If someone pointed out their suspicious movements, the Mafia would kill that person, likely.
Um...how does it slow the task down? At this point there is nothing but speculation to work with, and this vote is important. yes, if you vote on someone now, there is a chance they will be a mafia member, in which case it is a gain. However, there is a far larger chance that the person you lynch will be a townie, someone who is vital to the success of all townies in the game. The risk v reward ratio in no way justifies making such a high-probability and detrimental decision, based soley of speculation.

I mean hell, even if someone straight out said "I am Mafia", you dont know if they are telling the truth!! They could be mind****ing everyone for their own reasons, and if you listen to them and consequently lynch them, it would be terrible.

And your only saying im the most suspicous because i wanted to lynch you. Right after you began to cast doubt as to my allegiance.

@meteor: i know, i was making a point.

I vote NO LYNCH.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
indeed, no lynch is probably the smartest move, although condog is trying awfully hard to defend himself, even from joke posts.

1. If you post your sig accidentally, that's okay, just don't make a double post to apologise for it xD
you love it ;)

Afropony

Smash Lord
On another note, why is Afro voting for Arrow just because Tanman did? Why would he add votes to a random person on no basis?
QUOTE]

I also said that I didn't think that I lag wasn't in the Mafia so that means that Tanman me and I lag are in the mafia.. Oh wait that's 3 people and there are only 2 people in the mafia.

Also I didn't vote for him I just said that's who I'm likely going to vote for, now that I know I don't need to vote I will likely be voting for "No lynch"

Top Bottom