• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ownapalooza XII Tournament - Concord, CA - January 9th, 2011

UHWHATGOTHMAN

Smash Rookie
Can anyone offer me and my friend a ride from tri-city area or at least the nearest bart?

We can bring one cube =D

Naota21t

Smash Champion
woot im going.

gunna **** you up alan (if i run into you this time v_v ). imma win the unranked tourney, and then hopefully do well in main bracket again. GOT THIS.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
id rather do pools
or swiss

i mean, i don't particularly mind it vs a standard double eli bracket
i just think if we're doing 'non standard' formats we could find something better to do

Violence

Smash Lord
That's how I ran UC Merced's tournament. Everyone seemed happy.

If people have any questions on how to run Swiss into Bracket, just lemme know, I'll fill you in.

Swiss is just so much better than Double Elim Bracket, since it makes sure that there's a good Double Elim bracket at the end of it that people want to watch.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
would anyone be able to give me a ride back to sf from this?
can i take a bus from bart to this pretty easily?
if not, sheridan/kevin/general homies, could i grab a ride from bart to the venue and reverse?

sidefx

Smash Champion
swiss to round robin with top X would be fruit dealer

I GET IT. I GET IT.

but seriously, depending on how many people show up (shouldnt be a lot) , it should be pretty fun/worth it to do swiss.

its far more accurate too. and then either double elim for the last 8 or something, or a round robin would be fun to watch too. mad accurate

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
yea i got 5 dollars on someone im better then winning the tournament to
SIKE GTFO

Top Bottom