• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenob

Smash Lord
agreed... and yeah i know how crazy spanish names go... you have to with a name like Benjamin Pearce Bueno De Mesquita ;)

Suo

Smash Apprentice
It's definitely just a bad cold going around, I've had it all week, and my gf had it as well.

These things spread fast.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Participants (singles, 1 spots left):

Arsenic
Fogel
IvanEva
Fox
Retlaf
SAUS
Haze
HiDef
Nukls
PNDMike
Suo
Zylem
Linkshot
Pat
Lan
Mo
Infnzy
I don't know about you guys but looking at this list is giving me a semi. This is going to be one of the fiercer bi-weeklies in a long while, I suspect. Lot's of people on that list that I know will be giving me a really rough time as well as some new ones who are unknowns and are therefore potentially even more dangerous. Seriously, I'm actually totally pumped for this one!

My prediction is going to be that Ian ends up winning both singles and doubles. Seriously. You don't **** with level 9 CPUs...

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so HighDef won't be joining us... work called and he has to go in... So I need a doubles partner!! Woo! Me, PNDMike and Knuckles will be there though. I am bringing Munchkin, too!

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Good games all around guys!

Moses: it was nice to meet you. While I didn't really put the fear of Lucas into you I still hope I convinced you that he's still very much tournament worthy. I hope to see you again at another Smashfest.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I feel pretty bad for losing to someone who hasnt played in years QQ, im so bad. Im looking forward to next bi-weekly, I need to redeem myself. Also I might not be there for some or all of next smashfest I need to school Harold in squash. Harold, dont play during the day or youll be too tired to play later, convince Mike to play later as well.

No he didnt show up. Results were like (including some shoutout type stuff):

Derek: lost to him first round of bracket johns :p, ggs matches are always too close, ill get you yet :p
Harold: lol custom stage matches, and gj for beating MK
Moses: Suprisingly really good, although you should pull out your Marth, MK is not autowin (all the time)
Ariel: QQ You crushed my spirit gj though, brawl practice? lol. Nice klap trap combos
dont know order of the rest:
Me: QQ
Randy: lol Old Manondorf
Suo: Good to finally see you, see you in 09? :p Come out more :)
Infzy: ggs, had lots of trouble with your sonic, work on those ic cg
Haze: You probably should of beat me, I have a hard time against your diddy. Too much nanners
Cam: Teams was fun, im liking your ROB :)

Ill need to play the other guys next time in some friendlies. Still havent played linkshot >.<

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Get in on the sqaush? yeah sure, im not sure where we are playing though. I might recommend carleton cause I can get a court for about $2.50, you guys just gotta try look like carleton students.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Heheh. I'm not spectacular; I just come to have fun and play Lucario competitively. My cousin and I also need practice against people other than ourselves, since we really can't get any better by playing ourselves right now.

I might be going to Bayshore today, but I'm feeling kind of bleh and want-to-stay-home-ish.

Anyway, very fun night, and I have to thank Cameron for letting me drink all that water XD

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Bi-Weekly 8 results

Teams:

1. Team SAUSenic (Arsenic + SAUS)
2. Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
3. QQ Why isn't Onett a counterpick leve T_T (IvanEva + Zylem)
4. Boy Scout Camping Trip (Nukls + PNDMike)
5. Team Icey Nanners (Haze + Infzy)
5. Team BROKEN! (Mos + Suo)
7. Hyper Team (Linkshot + Patrick)
7. Team LaN (Level 9Tink + Level9 Tink)

Singles:

1. SAUS (Marth)
2. IvanEva (Lucas)
3. Moses (Metaknight)
4. Zylem (G&W/Wolf)
5. Fox (Marth)
5. Arsenic (Old Manondorf)
7. Suo (Snake)
7. Fogel (Various)
9. Infzy (Sonic)
9. PNDMike (Falco)
9. Linkshot (Lucario)
9. Patrick (Olimar/Snake)
13. Haze (Diddy)
13. Jan (Ike)
13. Nukls (Pit)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Great bi-weekly this time around, Updated PR coming soon

SHOUTOUTS:

SAUS: Stop winning all the time -_-

IvanEva: I'm gonna get you next time :p time to teach that punk kid some manners toward the elderly.

Moses: Great meeting you, you should rely on your marth a bit more. I'm gonna get you next time too :p

Zylem: pacing 4th after 6 months no play...wtf

Orlando: Great team games as always, didn't play you in singles though.

Suo: Nice meeting you!! You should come over more often, once every 4 months is not good enough, great snake btw.

Fogel: Great team games as well, your ROB was great in teams (maybe you should play with him a bit more).

Infzy: Great friendlies, work on that sonic!

PNDMike: That doubles game was brutal, it was a real heart stopper.

Linkshot/Patrick : didn't play you guys :(, great seeing you though.

Haze: Sucks about your bracket, I like your diddy.

Jan: I hope you learned your lesson well :p

Nukls: Teams was awesome, try using Zelda moar, she is ****.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Oh oh my turn! Hehe.

Shouts:

Moses: Team Broken! Your MK is nice! I look forward to our next teaming.
Arial: I fear your GnW I'm glad I didn't have to face you in singles
Linkshot: Your Lucario really surprised me, you have some nifty jab-tilt-grab type combos.
Randy: Old Manondorf! That white beard of death, super chill guy, good talking to you.
Derek: Fun friendlies before doubles, your stages are...beautiful:)
Mike(Infzy): Really fun friendlies, your Sonic is really nice. THANKYOU FOR THE DRIVE, I owe you gas money!
Nukls: Both our teams and singles matches were awesome, I have newfound respect for Pit!
PNDMike: Really solid Falco, I look forward to our future matches, cuz it was too close!
Harold: Your upsmash combos are broken! :p Lucas for top tier, Weegee's Mansion was a nice counterpick! We should play 3rd Strike yea?
Orlando: Craaazy Marth, you made Snake feel like a small small child. I'm gonna come out more! :)
Cam: I just realized I was calling you Ian all night, did you notice? :dizzy: Haha, sorry about that, nice guy to talk to, and as usual great host!
Jan: Fun friendlies! Nice guy, keep reppin' Ike!

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just wanna give a special shoutout to Five people in particular:

Fox: Man, epic matches, again. Sick last stock by you :S **** that spike! haha good job.

Moses: Epic matches, once again. **** you for having a quicker down smash :p

Infzy: For the first time playing as doubles partners, we didn't fair too badly! Love your sonic in that one match i saw you play by the way. Keep up the ice climbers, you are good with them.

Arsenic: MUNCHKIN!!! WOO! "Trust in the heart of the cards. Oh yes, just the card I was looking for" *pulls a face up curse* LMAO

Fogel: As always, thanks for another great smashfest. See you all next week

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
yo where are you guys playing and can i get in on that?
I can't see why not. I played for the first time last Friday, schooled their ***** 5 games in a row. I only lost my first game. I could use some new blood.

Oh and we play at Goodlife Fitness on Queensview.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
That was your first time playing squash, Joblin? This does not look good for you Harold. Now im itchin to play, what days are you free again?

buenob

Smash Lord
lol not too bad, how's it going percon?

to all else, you best keep me informed of squash goings on... what part of the city is that GoodLife at?

Percon

Smash Lord
I'm good.

Some people in Niagara have come and gone for school. I predict we'll be getting an influx of new players soon, as well. Smashers could come from ANYWHERE, you know.

I've been working on Kirby over Snake now, since I do just as well with him in most matchups (and much better in some cases). I still play DDD a bit too. But that's just personal banterings.

There hasn't been a GTAN tourney for a while though, people are starting to go crazy :p

I hope you guys come down for something soon... I may have an event in October/November

flash7

Smash Journeyman
If you have something going on, try not to conflict with the Mississuaga melee tourney, although it might be interesting if you combined with the Mississuaga tourney(brawl + melee, despite the drama happening over at the GTA). Seperate days for each would be better but this is just a thought, doubt it will happen.

That goodlife is near pincrest/Iris area i believe. Relatively close to the Ikea at pinecrest. They usually play on fridays at around noon, although that doesnt work for me. I can really only play after 4/5. Except on weekends im good all day.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
If something is going to happen over in Niagra, I might be intrested in that, but I'm also intrested with the Sauga melee tournament, so try not to conflict with that.

Also, I heard you lost to dark peach and in doing so drank until you passed out :p.

4:00

Smash Rookie
Read the topic once more, read the responses, then add 2 and 2. :p

Sorry if you were being sarcastic.

Also, maybe we could do the Melee thing one day and brawl the next, so that everyone's down at once. I'll have to talk it over with them.

EDIT: Whoops this is my broher's account... yeah, it's Percon >_>

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Read the topic once more, read the responses, then add 2 and 2. :p

Sorry if you were being sarcastic.

Also, maybe we could do the Melee thing one day and brawl the next, so that everyone's down at once. I'll have to talk it over with them.

EDIT: Whoops this is my broher's account... yeah, it's Percon >_>
I was :)

and I'm not sure about a two day tournament, school is pretty intense right now and I don't know if I can make it.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs? Uhh... here goes:

1. SAUS (Marth) <-I'll get you next time Gadget, NEXT TIME! But really, we need to play more! I know I can beat you some day!
2. IvanEva (Lucas) <-Didn't play him.
3. Moses (Metaknight) <-Wow you did well! We need to play more so I can get better.
4. Zylem (G&W/Wolf) <-Didn't know that much sexiness can be rolled up into one person.
5. Fox (Marth) <-As usual, Marth does well! But I think mixing in some DK would have been overpowered.
5. Arsenic (Old Manondorf) <-I don't think I played you but Old Manondorf is pwn as always.
7. Suo (Snake) <-I didn't play you either, but I'll assume it would have been good, so... Good Job!
7. Fogel (Various) <-...I didn't play very many people did I? Oh wait! In doubles! You were quite formidable! Marth+Rob=pwnt. Personally, I'd say stick with Rob or DK... cause DK is brown and that kicks azz.
9. Infzy (Sonic) <-I think we played in doubles right? We should play some more later on.
9. PNDMike (Falco) <-Close matches in doubles! Very close! Needs more Jigglypuff though.
9. Linkshot (Lucario) <-I didn't really play you except for in free for all, but you have a tough Lucario.
9. Patrick (Olimar/Snake) <-You were trashing me! I barely pulled through!
13. Haze (Diddy) <-Diddy was trouble in doubles! We need to play singles. Actually, have we ever?
13. Jan (Ike) <-We never play each other actually >_>
13. Nukls (Pit) <-Pit was giving me troubles! We need to play more.

Anyways, I must really give a huge shout out to my main partner! The greatest player ever that he had to be banned! The one who invented my greatest combo ever:

KLAPTRAP!!!

Klaptrap combo=OMGWTFBBQLOLPWNT!111!1

You know it's true. Never play me on jungle japes. I've almost mastered the klaptrap combo.
Once I have, he can appear on any stage I feel like having him in. He's that powerful. And yes, he will eat your face off too.

rc-80

Smash Rookie
Oh, im gonna post this for all the people who wanted me to post on the forums so you know my user name. By the way im patrick, and im gonna come to the next smash fest.

rc-80

Smash Rookie
Hey guys my friend might be able to come to the smashfest. Can someone tell me if hes aloud to come.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
/\ You must ask Cameron. Remember that things start to break down a bit (like glass tables...) when it's too crowded.

I'm not doing much on Thursday evening so if people care to come over then for some games I'll probably be all for it (since I might not be making it to the smashfest this week).

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Hey guys my friend might be able to come to the smashfest. Can someone tell me if hes aloud to come.
Well, there is nothing saying that he is not allowed to come, unless Cameron is in a bad mood and says that he can't come which is probably not going to happen -_-.

Geez...the Community has grown alot.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Orlando: I'm an ******* for not remembering that today's your birthday having my Visa ready to order an arcade stick for your birthday. Which is today. Which I of course remembered. ;)

When my new card gets in, expect to lose yourself on GGPO all night long. :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Epic brawl match (blatantly stolen from the Montreal thread):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaik3Efwdxw

Oh oh my turn! Hehe.

Shouts:

Cam: I just realized I was calling you Ian all night, did you notice? :dizzy: Haha, sorry about that, nice guy to talk to, and as usual great host!
!
I didn't actually :/ Good to see you again, come out more often!

I don't mind for this week, as this is a non-tourney week so there should be space (less people show for non-tourney weeks). For normal biweekly weeks, he will have to register in the thread like everyone else.

buenob

Smash Lord
ok guys so it looks like i won't be able to make it next week OR the week after, which means i'll have missed 2 bi-weeklies... not cool, so in order so keep up with you guys i would like to propose an impromptu smasfest next tuesday (not tomorrow) at my place _JUST_ to keep me in practice ;)

all joking aside, i wanna play some **** smash but i can't make it out so i'm having one of my own lol

as with the last time, # of people is not a worry, but there can only be 2 wii's going at once (or else a circuit will break)

if anyone's interested let me know :)

PND

Smash Champion
ok guys so it looks like i won't be able to make it next week OR the week after, which means i'll have missed 2 bi-weeklies... not cool, so in order so keep up with you guys i would like to propose an impromptu smasfest next tuesday (not tomorrow) at my place _JUST_ to keep me in practice ;)

all joking aside, i wanna play some **** smash but i can't make it out so i'm having one of my own lol

as with the last time, # of people is not a worry, but there can only be 2 wii's going at once (or else a circuit will break)

I might be, but I won't know my work schedule until then. My Falco / Wario is itching to try your ROB

arsenic41

Smash Ace

I wish i could make it, but my class schedule for tuesday sucks.

Dersen

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! As you can see, I'm new here soooo..... hi everyone. BTW when and where is the next tournement? I'd love to play some of you guys online

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hey Dersen, person I do not know. Smashfests and Bi-weeklies take place at Fogel's place, and always on every Friday. This week is a Smashfest (no tourney) so if you want to take part, just notify Fogel, get the directions, and stop by. Always fun to school tutor a new face :D

By the way, I main Lucario.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Hey Dersen, person I do not know. Smashfests and Bi-weeklies take place at Fogel's place, and always on every Friday. This week is a Smashfest (no tourney) so if you want to take part, just notify Fogel, get the directions, and stop by. Always fun to school tutor a new face :D

By the way, I main Lucario.
Or to have a new face school tutor you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom