• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Right...here is there registration info for now:

Participants (singles, 1 spots left):

Arsenic
Fogel
IvanEva
Fox
Retlaf (waiting list)
SAUS
Haze
HiDef
Nukls
PNDMike
Suo
Zylem (OMG HE BACK!!)
Linkshot
Pat
Lan (in the form of a lvl 9 TL comp)
Mo
Infnzy

Doubles:
Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
Team SAUSenic (Arsenic + SAUS)
D4 (Haze + HiDef)
Team QQ why isn't Onett conterpick T_T (IvanEva + Zylem)
Boy Scout Camping Trip (PNDMike + Nukls)
Team *no name* (Pat + Linkshot)
Cbone pwns (lvl9 Tink + lvl9 TInk)

I've put Andrew and LinkShot on the waiting list meaning that they might or might not come, however, their spots are open and will only get SECOND PRIORITY if others should fail to come.

4 more spots guys.

In a completely unrelated note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH3SUv8pBVA (might be a trap :p)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
your also paying for that **** too...write a cheque for 3 bucks and a cheque for 4 bucks and send it over to Cam's house before firday :p

PND

Smash Champion
I think I have the same cold as Linkshot. Read: I feel like death. Put me on the waiting list, too.

I'll post by tomorrow to let you know if I can make it or not.

buenob

Smash Lord
man this is rediculous... first it was almost full, now 5 spots open... we're a bunch of terrible people

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
I'll come too. ( just sign me up as Mo) I just need to find out where the place is. I'll probably come to the fest tomorrow too.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Well, see, the fest is the same day as the biweekly. The difference is that on biweeklies, tourneys happen during the SmashFest, and each tourney has a fee, so bring your spare change ($3 for 1v1, $4 per team for 2v2). On SmashFests, there are no tournaments, and we just play casually.

Just making it clear. Also, I'm starting to feel better. If I feel worse when I wake up, I'll plow through it. So I'm going tomorrow for sure, now. Besides, can't leave my cousin hanging.

Fogel

Smash Lord
WE NEED A 4th TV FOR TOMORROW otherwise this biweekly won't be done until like 4am. Mason took his TV back a couple of weeks ago, and it's not looking like he's going to show up this time so we are down a TV. If someone doesn't bring one we may have to cancel doubles or something like that.

You are missing one biweekly, where ben came first and I second, and possibly andrew or you third. I dont think results got posted but I remember both randy and derek not being there. Im pretty sure that was where you tried to metagay me and got my the first time but then I got you the next time(losers' finals?).

Also one should only PM Fogel regarding directions to his house since both smashfests an bi-weeklies are held there. However for registration or info regarding the bi-weeklies you should post here since Arsenic does registrations and others can help answer your questions.
The results are probably sitting on my computer somewhere...if anyone is interested in getting these up remind me tomorrow sometime.

1 Can anyone just randomly show up to the smashfests
( the ones on the weeks inbetween the tournies)?

2 Where are they held and how do you get there from
Bayshore?
I would prefer to know ahead of time, if the house is too full I may not let people who haven't registered in.

I will PM you the address, I don't want it in a public thread.

I can't give good directons from Bayshore...are you walking or taking the bus? If you're bussing you can take the 152, but I really recommend taking the 118 from somewhere else. The 152 stops running at 9 or 10PM, so you won't be able to take it home unless you leave early. If you're walking, it's a 40-50 minute walk so you probably don't want to do that.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
WE NEED A 4th TV FOR TOMORROW otherwise this biweekly won't be done until like 4am. Mason took his TV back a couple of weeks ago, and it's not looking like he's going to show up this time so we are down a TV. If someone doesn't bring one we may have to cancel doubles or something like that.
I can bring that 4th TV. I would also suggest a 5th TV for friendlies and put that upstairs or Melee :p but it won't be neccessary.

Also...welcome aboard mosesrko

infomon

Smash Scientist
It looks like I can come, and I can bring a tv and a wii :) but not my brother :( oh well

Sign me up for singles! Sonic for top tier! raaaaaa!!

... and doubles if someone doesn't mind a TK'ing Sonic ftw.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright Gaiz, we have 3 spots left, if these are not filled by tomorrow, then 3 guys onthe waiting list have a chance of participating.

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
Not coming this time, but I'll be there next week for some crazy matches.

Oh and speaking of crazy, I've recently tried some hacks and moveswapping stuff.
It's really nuts, though it crashes a lot. I remembered someone mentioned a code
to turn off tripping and I think that would be something interesting, **** Sakurai for
putting it in there in the first place, but now it can be turned off. :estatic:
I'm not sure if it should be used at tournaments, it would also mean that all of the Wiis
would have to be set up to be able to cheat and such, I'm just throwing the idea out there.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
moseskro, whereabout in Bayshore do you live? I live in the building beside the Shwarma Palace. I can go with you if you're interested (and we can possibly play a bit before hand :) ).

Jan, Jobin: Hurry up and sign up so that I can take your money! C'mon, I'll soon have OSAP breathing down my neak; I need the extra income!

Coolza: Any progress with your mother? Let her see this board or something.

By the way, I was thinking about how much electricity we use up, not to mention time, space, and whatever mess we leave and so I propose that we change the winnings to this:

1st: 60% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
Cameron: 5% of pot.

I'm just thinking that having Cameron's house every Friday evening for the past year has been WAY more than I could have ever expected or hoped and therefore, at least as far as the bi-weeklies go, we should pitch in a tiny bit. Yay/nay? I suspect the only one that'd be against this is Cameron himself...

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
GJ representing teh Ganon while I've been gone Randy :D Donno if I can make an appearence at this weeks smashfest but I'll come to one soon for sure

arsenic41

Smash Ace
GJ representing teh Ganon while I've been gone Randy :D Donno if I can make an appearence at this weeks smashfest but I'll come to one soon for sure
OMG PHILL IS BACK! just asking, which residence are you living at? I'm at brooks right now.

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
@Ivaneva: I live right beside bayshore mall. I could meet you at bayshore station or any other place that's convenient for you.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
-Well, I'm too lazy to be going all over the place like that (heh, two blocks is too much for me). So just pop into my place at around 4:40pm and we'll leave then. I live at 2929 Carling ave. The ring up is 101. Again, it's the building that's right beside the Shwarma Shack on Carling. You know, right near Ritchie. If you have any troubles/questions/etc. call me (613-829-6076). I won't be home until around 3pm so don't bother calling before that.

By the way, if you live beside Bayshore mall, chances are you've seen me before. I'm the long haired dude with glasses who works at Zellers. :)

buenob

Smash Lord
honestly harold, all I can think about when I try to call you "Ivan" is the MTG card "Uncle Istvan", the crazy old dude with the axe... anyways, he's a dope card and hilariously good so it's kinda got a nostalgically awesome feel to it (ie not a bad thing), but I honestly can't stop picturing you as him (especially now that you described yourself with long hair)

that is all :)

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Harold's name was based off of Metal Gear Solid 3

because the two sleeper agent spy people were codenamed 'Ivan' and 'Eva'

I'm coming to the Smashfest! What time does the tourney usually end? I wanna make sure I can catch a bus or something.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I know that Ivan is his middle name but im not sure what Eva is. It might be his fourth name? Spanish people tend to have 4.

Anyways, the tourney will probably end between 11 to 12. The last 118 comes at 12:30 I think it might be 1 but im not to sure about the new bus schedule. The 95 Orleans ends around 2, just make sure you catch the Orleans/Trim and not the Fallowfield/Barrhaven to save yourself some grief.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
So, yeah, guys, I'm coming to the tourney tonight.

Also, I just thought of something interesting o.o If you get a Bye in a tourney, you should have to fight a Level 9 CPU to advance. (character chosen by your next human opponent) How does that sound?

I'm also feeling much better. Just need to shower and I'll be there when I can.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Theres really no point to that because the outcome should be obvious, although there is an exception in Harold's case :p. Considering we are pretty strapped for time, we really need to use as many of the setups for real matches.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so aim to be there for 5? is that correct? PS I am gonna bring Munchkin :p No word on whether or not PNDMike will make it yet. On a different note, we are not blessed with a car at this time, so we will be bussing from Carleton. Any suggestions?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
o-train, 95, 118 from baseline
Yeah this is basically it. Although getting back might be different, I think the O-train stops at 11:30 might be 11:15 at the bayview stop so make sure you find an alternate way back. The 4 might still run past 12 which you can catch at bank.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Can I catch the 95 Nepean S. Fallowfield bus at the upstairs terminal at Rideau Center guys?

OC travel planner keeps giving me these wierd routes, it'd be easier to just catch it from Rideau for me, if I can.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Yeah, the 'Eva' from my name is my legendary forth name. Spanish people are weird like that. It's Harold Ivan Sotomayor Eva.

I can house people for the night at my place should it be too late to bus. Sleeping arragements may not be the best but there's always room.

Guys, I won't be coming to the smashfest because I'm feeling pretty sick. Sorry.

Ok, I feel better now, I'm coming again. (sorry, peer pressure) :laugh:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I actually don't think so...The PNDMike Crew wasn't there during the smashfest, but Mike got sick anyways. I blame the chemicals in the warter supply, turning our water into funny colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom