• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
It would make more sense if he teamed with her, they WERE high school friends and stuff.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
No, you love it.

Also im not sure how to sig or show post so ill just let you all know that m2k has declared his preference as brawl over melee. </3 :p.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You know, I'm a chaotic guy. How about we have the teams set up randomly? :O I mean, that would be a true test of skill in teams...or something. I dunno! I use ZSS for teams now, so watch out for thine Plasma Whip.

If we don't go with random teams, I'm teaming up with my cousin and I'll have to discuss a name with him. Like, Team Nutjob. Yeah. That sounds good.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing new gaming blood :D Always an excitement. I'll see you guys there on Friday :D

Oh! And I'm going to have to leave early on the next Smashfest (not bi-weekly) because it's apparently a lot of stress on my dad for him to be up that late, etc. So, unless I can find a substitute for that, I'll be leaving around 10 PM, I guess.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
The problem with that is that whoever gets me as a partner is almost guaranteed to win the tournament. That's not very fair to everybody else though. Thus, random partners are bad. Basically, whenever there's money on the line, people want as little randomness as possible. A random team partner is like using a random character. It's VERY risky. By the way, whereabouts to do live?

Is anybody up for getting together sometime this week before the biweekly? I need to practice if I'm to have any hope of winning again. I'm especially looking for some Marth practice... *looks at Orlando and Derek*

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'm not a big fan of the "Random Teams" thing, but I would to try a new partnership, maybe not in the bi-weekly (as harold said, money IS on the line) but maybe during friendlies and stuff, and see how it goes from there.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I just treat the money as a fee, separate from the prize. Feels less illegal that way. Anyway, I live on Old Riverside Drive, 1541 is the building number. It's near Alta Vista.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
You just know... haha, that or you ask anyone of the people that have been there or Fogel (where the biweeklies are held). What do you want to know?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
mosesrko: Every second week a bunch of us in Ottawa get together and have a mini-tournament of sorts with a low entry fee and limited entrants. Fogel generously provides us with his house. Fun ensues. Except when I don't win...

On the week that isn't a biweekly, the same occurs but it's all just friendies and such. Again, at Cameron's. For more details (and possible entry and all that), you'd be best to PM Fogel. He's avatar is Dr. Mario and his name in in blue so it's easy to spot.

If you're posting, I take it you live in Ottawa and are interested in playing more people?

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
so... who want to be my partner... else i'll have to go with a lvl 9 comp
I would seeing how we had a couple of games together last week and got a hang of it but I probably will not be attending this biweekly :(

See you all next Smashfest.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Mrrgl. I've been suddenly hit with a cold and I'm feeling gassy. I hope I feel well enough when the tourney comes around. I just trained for an hour against CPU Toon Link. Stuff's rough.

My cousin said that he promised somebody at the friendlies he'd be their doubles partner, so I guess I'll be blindly set up.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
1. I just treat the money as a fee, separate from the prize. Feels less illegal that way.

2. I just trained for an hour against CPU Toon Link.

3. My cousin said that he promised somebody at the friendlies he'd be their doubles partner, so I guess I'll be blindly set up.
1. Illegal? Gaming tournaments aren't gambling, if that's what you were refering to. Gambling involves luck; this is about skill. Plus, **** legality. Laws on gambling are corrupt leftovers from an overly religious age...

2. I'd be weary of over-training against computers. I find that they'll leave you with a wrong impression of what works and what doesn't, especially when it comes to edgeguarding. Grab some buddies and play against them whenever you can. I mean, like, I can spike level 9 Marth's all day but I can't even sneeze near Orlando's without him chopping Lucas's head off.

3. I was the one that asked Patrick to be my partner. I was under the impression afterwards though that he wouldn't be able to make it and so I got my brother instead. I think you'll have to be paired up with Patrick in my stead. My apologies to Patrick if I mislead him. I can't remember if I told him anything on msn since he never replies. :(

As well, just for my own insight, I collected the results of our bi-weeklies thus far. They're pretty interesting to see:
(quick summary version:
1st placers: Saus(x5), IvanEva, Buenob
2nd placers: Cbone, Zylem, IvanEva, Niko, Retlaf, Fox(x2).
3rd placers: Fox(x2), Azrealdnt, Justin, Bluenob, ?, Cbone.)

******* History of Fogel/Arsenic's Ottawa Bi-weeklies *******

***** First bi-weekly: *****
1: Saus (Ike)
2: by.LaN[Shield] (aka Cbone) (Toon Link/Marth)
3: Fox (Marth/Falcon)
4: IvanEva (Lucas/Yoshi)
5: Arsenic (Snake/DDD)
5: Fogel (Metaknight/Fox)
7: Haze (G&W)
7: Justin (Olimar)
9: Knuckles (Zelda)
9: PNDMike (Jigglypuff)
9: HIDEF (G&W)
9: Jaz (Pikachu/Ike/Ness)

***** "The First ever Second O-Town Bi-weekly": *****
Doubles:
1: Team GheySaus (Arsenic + Saus)
2: Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
3: Team Curious ***balls (LaN + Kran)
4: Team PieMasters (Haze + Nukls)
5: Team Budgie (HDTV + Dread)
5: Team PK Bucket (Zylem + IvanEva)
7: Team CPU (4dam + Justin)

Singles:
1: Saus
2: Zylem
3: Fox
4: IvanEva
5: LaN
5: Haze
7: Justin
7: Fogel
9: Jan
9: Joblin
9: HIDEF
9: Nukls
13: 4dam
13: Kran
13: Arsenic
13: PNDMike

***** Third bi-weekly: *****
Singles:
1. SAUS
2. IvanEva
3. Azrealdnt
4. Azrealdnt's friend ( Andrew)
5. LaN
5. Arsenic
7.Fogel
7.Julian
9.Jan
9.Joblin
9.Fox
9.Kran

Doubles:
1. SCRAA! Alpha (LaN + SAUS)
2. NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
3. Death and Taxes (Azrealdnt + Andrew)
4. Team Weysian (Arsenic + Julian)
5. Team Kran (Jan + Kran)
5. Team CPU ( Justin + 4dam)
7. Team Harold (IvanEva + Joblin)

***** Forth bi-weekly: *****
Doubles:
1: Forward Smash 2.0 (Arsenic + SAUS)
2: Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
3: Team No Id3a (Jan + Justin)
4: Team Puffball (Retlaf + Chris)
5: Team Pucas (IvanEva + Niko_K)

Singles:
1: SAUS
2: Niko_K
3: Justino
4: Fox
5: IvanEva
5: Fogel
7: Chris
7: Arsenic
9: Jan
9: Retlaf

***** Bi-Weekly#5: *****
Doubles
1. Team KingAce (Buenob/Retlaf)
2. SchoolYardFun (IvanEva/LaN)
3. Team CPU (Arsenic/Justin)
4. NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel / Fox)

Singles
1. IvanEva (Lucas)
2. Andrew (Game&Watch)
3. Buenob (R.O.B)
4. Arsenic (Old Mannondorf)
5. LaN (Toon Link)
5. Fogel (Meta Knight)
7. Jan (Ike)
7. Chris (Kirby)
9. Fox (Marth)

***** Sixth bi-weekly: *****
Doubles
1. Buenob + Retlaf

Singles
1. Buenob
2. Orlando

***** Seventh bi-weekly: *****
Doubles
1. Team SAUSenic (Arsenic + SAUS)
2. Team KingAce (Buenob + Retlaf)
3. Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
4. Team DeeDeeDeeDidity (D4) (Haze + HiDef)
5. Team Ghey (IvanEva + LaN)
5. Boy Scout Camping Trip (Nukls + PNDMike)
7. Team Epic Win (Joblin + Justin)

Singles
1. SAUS
2. Fox
3. LaN
4. Retlaf
5. Nukls
5. Buenob
7. Fogel
7. IvanEva
9. Linkshot
9. Arsenic
9. Haze
9. HiDef
13. Justin
13. PNDMike

***** Eigth bi-weekly *****
(coming soon ;) )

Linkshot

Smash Hero
My mom told me it was illegalised gambling because there was money at stake v.v

Yeah, I don't have anybody else to train against and it's late at night so I wouldn't have anybody, anyway.

And, yeah, Patrick doesn't really pay too much attention to his laptop, and if there's stars in his name, he's on his Xbox 360.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'm just wondering, how old are you Allen? you seem to be in grade 10-11 or somewhere in the range of that. I never asked.

Also, you said prior to your first smashfest that you play online...online is a great way to train up and play against real people.

If you have no access to people, what I would do is just test out new things with your character. Polish up the small things that you find wrong with your playstyle etc. For example, I go on FD and practice Old Manondorf's lagless stomp. that is always a good way to keep sharp.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'm 18, heh. But, schoolwise, it's a toss-up. Patrick's 14.

And my online is complete BS because of my poor internet. Orange is my best connection. I find online to be more illusive than CPU's because of lag.

PND

Smash Champion
If I'm practicing with CPU's I handicap myself to 1 stock or spend the entire match not getting hit. (Spot dodging and whatnot) If you've got no one else to train with, I think it helps. Usually, though, I'm forced playing my brother / stepbrothers though, and that sucks. :s I think I get worse with every win in that case.

However, my record speaks for itself. As in, lol, don't listen to me. Well, biweekly record, anyway. I did very well at ToS5 in my pools, so I don't know. Now I'm just rambling.

I also read somewhere that CPU Lvl 8 is better to train against because it reacts more like a human would than Lvl 9. I have no idea how valid that is.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
You are missing one biweekly, where ben came first and I second, and possibly andrew or you third. I dont think results got posted but I remember both randy and derek not being there. Im pretty sure that was where you tried to metagay me and got my the first time but then I got you the next time(losers' finals?).

Also one should only PM Fogel regarding directions to his house since both smashfests an bi-weeklies are held there. However for registration or info regarding the bi-weeklies you should post here since Arsenic does registrations and others can help answer your questions.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Actually I think Orlando is right, Harold came 4th and Andrew came 3rd...I remember asking about that.

buenob

Smash Lord
if orlando faced harold in the losers finals, then how could harold come in 4th? lol...

also, andrew and I came in 1st in teams that week

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Ok, so I put in the only surefire information about the sixth bi-weekly. Odd that it wasn't posted. If Randy wasn't there, who hosted it then? Geeze, it was only a few weeks ago but I can barely remember any of it (apart from my picking Metaknight).

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I asked Cam to take care of registrations and the bi-weekly.

By the way...Story mode in SWR is stupid, the CPU have unlimited special cards...wtf.

still, I beat it on lunatic and got the two secret girls...this game is sooo fun!

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
1 Can anyone just randomly show up to the smashfests
( the ones on the weeks inbetween the tournies)?

2 Where are they held and how do you get there from
Bayshore?

buenob

Smash Lord
1- i played rockband2 last night, soooo fun

2- good friends i haven't seen in a bit called me up last night and invited me to dinner and then out to the market friday, so I'm also going to bail last minute on the biweekly... now no one will have to fight team lvl9falcoACE

3- LHC turned on yesterday... we're still alive but I thinkt hat's cause they're only firing protons one way... doomsday is averted for another month!!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
1 Can anyone just randomly show up to the smashfests
( the ones on the weeks inbetween the tournies)?

2 Where are they held and how do you get there from
Bayshore?
1. If your going to show up, it is best that you post before the friday of the smashfest, we would like to have an idea on how many people are showing up so we have the appropriate number of TV's and Wii's, and to ensure that we don't have an unexpected full house.

2. PM Fogel about that, or ask IvanEva.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
YAY! Randy's having fun with swr! I look forward to playing with you! If you want a hub for starting network games, hit up irc.mizuumi.net channel SWR.

Menu translations can be found here (including network mode).
http://swr.mizuumi.net/index.php/Menus

You might also want to look into deck configuration if you haven't.
http://swr.mizuumi.net/index.php/Spellcards

About the unlimited spell cards in story mode, it's supposed to be an homage to the shmup the game is based off of.

2 Where are they held and how do you get there from Bayshore?
Send Fogel a private message.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I'm feeling like utter crap right now, and if it doesn't clear up by tomorrow night, I probably won't make it for the sake of the rest of you; unless you all got the same cold. If I do come, I'm probably not bringing my Wii this time, but I made a new stage (I heard those groans!) called Final Failure. If you want it, PM me with your Brawl FC and Wii # and I'll send it. Best used with Ike and Smash Balls; a party stage.

Moses, most take place at Fogel's house, and as I'll repeat, you need to PM him for his address.

By the way, guys, I'll see if I can get Kazyx back onto these boards; I know him in person. I haven't spoken to him in a while, but he's not too far from Nepean, so I'm aiming to get him to a SmashFest sometime.

buenob

Smash Lord
even though i'm out for this friday, i am bringing my friend kyle to the next smashfest... he's not the best player but he loves games and is prone to yelling 'bombs of doom!' while continually blowing you up as link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom