• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krilj

Smash Cadet
The Ottawa Thread

If anyone needs to contact me just add me on MSN:
shadow_demon16@hotmail.com

(Don't e-mail me I don't check my e-mail)

Here's a list of ottawa friend codes:

Cbone: 5112-3089-2495
Corin: 0473-7441-9982
Damax: 0559-6433-6422
Flash7, Orlando: 1461-5855-4151
Fogel: 3652-0327-6154
GanonPWN: 1075-0409-4160
Gotann: 2535 - 3309 – 8624
Hazza: 0688-4933-1043
IvanEva: 0258-9960-1179
Jazriel: 2835-9821-9949
Krilj: 1848-1345-3882
Matty: 4339-2199-8356
Navo, Dice: 1891-0845-1325
Sh0ck: 0688-5035-5374
Suo: 5370-0090-4365

(I'll be adding everyone here =D)

If want me to add you to the list just send me a PM.

Dice

Smash Lord
hey how's it going, I'm from Kanata. We've already had 2 smashfests over the past few months in Ottawa. Hope to see you around the community

Dice

Smash Lord
Keep an eye out for a thread in the tournament forum, probably won't be another until May.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I might run another smashfest or tourney depending how things go, but it wouldn't be until mid-May at the earliest. April is bad because of college/uni exams, and early May is bad for a couple of reasons I won't get into here.

Dice

Smash Lord
Where do you live?

nvm I just read your first post again lol, where about in ottawa are you?

Fogel

Smash Lord
I live in Ottawa South, a couple of blocks from South Keys. I'm going to Toronto for a tourney this weekend, but maybe I can play you sometime after that. My MSN's fogelfogelfogel at hotmail period com if you want to set something up.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Yeah we suck, I haven't played smash with anyone from my city for a month now. Kanata guys are always busy and Ganonnewb + friends always play WoW or something.

Damax

Smash Lord
lol WoW sucks you should get yo *** to quebec for a weekend. I'm sure some kind person will host you. *cough* *cough* me *cough* *cough* maybe *cough* *cough* k thx bye

lollll I can't believe ganonpwn is stuck with ganonNooB.... that'll teach him XD 1 me 0 ganonNooB XD

but now he plays WoW and I don't so 2 me 0 GanonNooB

Krilj

Smash Cadet
well if someone wants to play a couple games with me, I'm free all summer so, we can set something up. I dont know how good I am I just play with my friends a lot and I know almost all of the advanced techniques. :D

Venom29

Smash Rookie
Hey every one. I live in Paris and i'm spending my holiday in ottawa [near south keys] and i haven't got the ntsc version of the ssbm game here and i just want to know if somebody can share me the game or the savedata of this one please !!! Because i need to train a bit.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
well my name is Yorpy and I live in Gatineau Quebec, and I wouldn't mind checking out some tourneys around here, let me know when the next one is (I know that there's one on Nov 4 but I can't make it)!!!!!

Fogel

Smash Lord
well my name is Yorpy and I live in Gatineau Quebec, and I wouldn't mind checking out some tourneys around here, let me know when the next one is (I know that there's one on Nov 4 but I can't make it)!!!!!
Hi Yorpy, welcome to the community! There aren't any tournaments aside from ToS2 coming up that I know of, but there might be one in Montreal in January.

Computer

Smash Cadet
Well...I live like, an hour away x.x

Anyone know where Cumberland is?

Well, I don't live there, I live in Rockland. x.x

Plus, I'm no good... No wavedashing...No nothing...x.x...I should really learn....

Anyways, if I ever get better, I'll add you on MSN.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Anyone actually live in Ottawa? I live right on the Rideau Canal between Bank St. Bridge and Pretoria Bridge and I'm in desperate need of people to play against, I'm already slightly better than all of my friends. :(

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Gah you guys, we had a tourney in Ottawa 2 days ago, where were you when it happened? X_X

In any case, the next tournies (of interest) for you guys would be one on Nov. 18th in London Ontario, Nov. 25th in Toronto, and there will be more in the future (STYD 2 in Janurary in Montreal). Keep checking the Tournaments discussion section for updates!

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Ottawa Smash Party - Mid January

Hello, I'm Phrozn. I'm a new member looking for local Ottawa smashers. My friends and I are new to the smash tournament scene but we want to get out there and play new people. We thought since we didn't see any upcoming events in Ottawa that maybe we'd look into putting our own thing on. We haven't discussed it much but I was going to look into renting a room or a place to play. We have no idea what kind of interest there is for this in Ottawa so we are probably going to keep the skill range broad. We're looking to have it mid January. Also should I post this in the Tournament Discussion topic?

What do you think?

Also I'm having people over for smash bros at my house tonight and tomorrow (Dec 27th evening, 28th ALL DAY). Your welcome to come just give me a call on my cell phone at 613 818 9867, my name is Dan.

Damax

Smash Lord

Hello, I'm Phrozn. I'm a new member looking for local Ottawa smashers. My friends and I are new to the smash tournament scene but we want to get out there and play new people. We thought since we didn't see any upcoming events in Ottawa that maybe we'd look into putting our own thing on. We haven't discussed it much but I was going to look into renting a room or a place to play. We have no idea what kind of interest there is for this in Ottawa so we are probably going to keep the skill range broad. We're looking to have it mid January. Also should I post this in the Tournament Discussion topic?

What do you think?

Also I'm having people over for smash bros at my house tonight and tomorrow (Dec 27th evening, 28th ALL DAY). Your welcome to come just give me a call on my cell phone at 613 818 9867, my name is Dan.
if some quebecers went, would it be possible for them to sleep there? XD
also wondering how many peeps you could host on the 28 as well as how many tvs. we could go at O-Town tomorrow stead of only the 29 for rimi's fest.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about staying at my place, but tomorrow we'll have 5-10 people and 2 cubes. I'll be leaving for work now, Cbone will help you with anymore questions for now :).

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Hey phrozn, i am a local ottawa smasher, i live in the glebe, i left a message on your cellphone-- getback to me before the 28th please :)

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Ya man, we'll work on our stuff and get back too you. Good luck fun on tomorrows (today now..) tournament. I'm looking forward to the next Ottawa tournament. Who usually runs it, how does it work?

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Fogel usually runs it, if you are interested in the rules and other things you can go into the tournament discussion and look for the TOS2 thread.. it should still be there

Fogel

Smash Lord
I moved and just got internet like 10 minutes ago. Yay @ new people! I won't be at Vlad's tonight unfortunately, sorry guys :(

Phrozn: Welcome to the community, there are a few of us that play pretty often but we don't post that much. Sorry I missed your gathering, I haven't had internet for about a week. What part of town do you live in?

GPWN: When's your next Friday night thing going to be? It's been a while since I played smash :(

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Hey Fogel, nice to meet you. I live in Centerpoint in Nepean, its in the west end of Ottawa. Where did you move too? I'm assuming your still in Ottawa. Right now there are 3 of us who are just beginning to develop wavedashing and L-cancelling, but we hope to get to experienced enough (as soon as possible) to be worthy competitors of GanonPWN and play for the fun of the competition in Ottawa tournaments. How does the Ottawa smash community compare skill wise to GanonPWN? About how large is the smash community at GanonPWN's skill level in Ottawa?

I've really attached to smash bros, I was doing a lot of reading about advanced techniques today and its mind blowing about how much more there is to smash bros than what casual players think there is. I see it as there being two complete levels of skill in smash bros, causing two very different gameplay experiences. There is the casual level, and then there is wavedashing and beyond.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
GanonPWN is the best in Ottawa, but nearby lives the Pwn Party consisting of Dice, Rimi, and Locke), and they live in Kanata which is really close by (Locke) and Rimi are a bit better than GanonPWN, although if you really look at it the skill level is so close it's hard to compare). GanonPWN's buddies (Vexed, Tect, Shuriken) are also really good. Fogel and Reaver aren't that bad either, also in Ottawa.

Dice

Smash Lord
GanonPWN is the best in Ottawa, but nearby lives the Pwn Party consisting of Dice, Rimi, and Locke), and they live in Kanata which is really close by (Locke) and Rimi are a bit better than GanonPWN, although if you really look at it the skill level is so close it's hard to compare). GanonPWN's buddies (Vexed, Tect, Shuriken) are also really good. Fogel and Reaver aren't that bad either, also in Ottawa.
Actually, the skill level in Ottawa and surrounding areas is a bit better than you may think, power rankings don't mean everything. The rest of Gpwn's buddies are all also quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom