• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
On Friday Semptember 21st, I'll be able to come. Is anything happening?

Don't worry 'bout it Coolza, everone starts off as a noob and if you're going to play seriously you'll just become better faster. :p

Plus, there's Phil who's okay and I'm not too good, except for beating Dan's fox with KIRBY! OH BURN! :p j/k

And Randy's right, we're about 16ish, 17ish. Fogel is 24 I think and that's about it.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
I'm 14 ._.
Doesn't matter to me, I've played people who were 16-24 in MPH (Metroid Prime Hunters)
If I can get as serious in Melee as I am in MPH then I know I can become good.
I'll try to make it to the Smash Fest.
What Bus would I take?

Locke)

Smash Ace
Sometimes the smashfest gets blessed by the presence of the Kanata Pwn Party. Just..very..rarely..University sucks =(

Fogel

Smash Lord
Coolza: I'm not just going to say which bus to take since it depends on where you live, you should check the OC Transpo travel planner. Most likely, you will have to take the 118 though.

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
Bad news... there's a good chance I won't be able to make it tonight. I'm supposed to wait around for some electrician to get here at aroun 6 i think so unless I can convince one of my roommates to stay around the house or unless the electrician finishes early enough I guess I'll have to wait till next week :(

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
ya i may start showing up to some of these, after getting 2500+ in all brackets on Bg9, im done =p

Vwins

Smash Ace
Sup Ottawa. Ok I'm pretty sure I can get a room for my tournament in october. I would like to know what is the best date for you guys to deal with school, work, etc. You can choose between the 20th or 27h october. If you plan to have alot of study near those dates maybe I can move the tournament in the first week of november. I should confirm the date and make a thread on the boards monday night.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sup Ottawa. Ok I'm pretty sure I can get a room for my tournament in october. I would like to know what is the best date for you guys to deal with school, work, etc. You can choose between the 20th or 27h october. If you plan to have alot of study near those dates maybe I can move the tournament in the first week of november. I should confirm the date and make a thread on the boards monday night.
Either date is good for me.

Fogel.... I'm coming over today, something had better be happening :p
Yeah, there is a smashfest on today.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I had to do some things. :(
I might be able to make the next one, though.
Just don't expect a challenge from me, I'm nowhere near as good as you guys are. :psycho:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Oh yeah Fogel, I think I left my jacket at the fest, mind keeping it for me until the next one?

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
I am only free on the 27th. My mom said she could drive Cbone, Saus and myself then. I will out of town at a university open house and will unable to drive myself and Cbone and Saus on the 20th.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Ottawa don't dodge this you better bring your as s for **** and GOSU is taking revanche on Kanata for sure.

Our team is now - Bam, Vwins and jarc tho xD

dark_mike

Smash Rookie
I live in Ottawa. I have been playing Smash ever since it came out, but never really got involved in a tournament. Next time there is one in Ottawa can some one PM me or something? I am guessing the rules are an eight minute time limit, correct?

Damax

Smash Lord
I live in Ottawa. I have been playing Smash ever since it came out, but never really got involved in a tournament. Next time there is one in Ottawa can some one PM me or something? I am guessing the rules are an eight minute time limit, correct?
eight minutes, team attack on, no item. Because items are for pro and its like so sucky unless you get good to play with lol lol lol better not try because it too hard!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Here is the thing, I have convinced my parent to let me go to the Toronto tournament, but only if we come back saturday night...if that can't happen then I can definitly come to the fest on friday

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i miss ottawa smashers =/.

you guys should move the 1.5 hours and take the 12 years of french you'll need to butcher is as well as i do.

or just come to that october tourney and butcher french as well as i do without the 10 years of studies in it.

Fogel

Smash Lord
The Smashfest on Friday will not start until 7:30 this time!

I need to stop by my parents' place to get the car for the tourney on Saturday, so I won't be home at 5 like usual. Don't show up at 5 or my front door will ROFL all over your shoes. This is just for this week, in future weeks things will be back to normal.

Also, I finally got the TV tuner working, so we can start recording videos at smashfests. They won't necessarily go online unless you guys want them to. Personally, I just want to be able to watch my own matches afterwards to be able to find flaws and mistakes in my game.

Here is the thing, I have convinced my parent to let me go to the Toronto tournament, but only if we come back saturday night...if that can't happen then I can definitly come to the fest on friday
I don't think that's gonna happen..tournaments usually aren't over until 10 or 11pm, and leaving then back to Ottawa means we wouldn't be back until 4am or so. Also, I don't want to drive to Toronto once, play in a tourney all day, then drive back to Ottawa again all in one day!

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Don't show up at 5 or my front door will ROFL all over your shoes. This is just for this week, in future weeks things will be back to normal.
How nice of your door to share jokes with me.

Also, I finally got the TV tuner working, so we can start recording videos at smashfests. They won't necessarily go online unless you guys want them to. Personally, I just want to be able to watch my own matches afterwards to be able to find flaws and mistakes in my game.
Cool, I'd be excited to make some combo videos.

I don't think that's gonna happen..tournaments usually aren't over until 10 or 11pm, and leaving then back to Ottawa means we wouldn't be back until 4am or so. Also, I don't want to drive to Toronto once, play in a tourney all day, then drive back to Ottawa again all in one day!
Yarr that would be difficult. Poor Randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom